Work for Wargaming America!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

GeneralDirection #-19 Posted Oct 27 2011 - 20:30

Major

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
Wargaming America seeks to add new team members in our continued efforts to support World of Tanks and future projects.

Read more!

iamablocker #-18 Posted Oct 27 2011 - 20:56

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Too bad i live in Asia, or i would have taken a crack at it.

And the E-sports Community Manager may or will be probably one of the most stressful positions- as they may or will bear the full brunt of Player Complaints and whatnot.

Good luck to applicants.

mikel1967 #-17 Posted Oct 28 2011 - 01:22

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
too bad,you chose the wrong location for your office,should have chose minnesota,usa,we are centrally located to be able to go east and west if need be,youll be spending alot on travel expenses and living costs on the west coast or east coast,plus minnestoa has a deep water port and major air lines,to be able to go where needed,just a thought

Pisagua #-16 Posted Oct 28 2011 - 01:47

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
What do you mean when you say America? Are you talking about Canada, Mexico, Brasil, Argentina, USA ? Please don't forget that there are a lot of people who are americans but they don't live in the USA and are playing WoT. Please use the right name for our countries, if not it can be offensive for us.
Thank you,

fortebx1 #-15 Posted Oct 28 2011 - 02:38

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Aww yes its in NoCal. only a couple of hours drive from los angeles :)

Valkeiper #-14 Posted Oct 28 2011 - 07:42

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
actually, 2 and a half. It's two hours to the grapevine.

nixter #-13 Posted Oct 29 2011 - 00:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostPisagua, on Oct 28 2011 - 01:47, said:

What do you mean when you say America? Are you talking about Canada, Mexico, Brasil, Argentina, USA ? Please don't forget that there are a lot of people who are americans but they don't live in the USA and are playing WoT. Please use the right name for our countries, if not it can be offensive for us.
Thank you,
A legitimate complaint, but one committed by a large majority, the problem stems from a lack of clear, accepted nomenclature, (aka; The devising or choosing of names for things),  when referring the the Country known formally as "The United States of America." The proper phrase is overly long and unwieldy for casual usage by the average person, and so it becomes shortened to "America" or "American." The abbreviation US could be used, but this is not clear and concise either. I suggest using the phrase "North American US" as an acceptable shortened substitute for the long form, "The United States of America.", but this is not really much shorter! So the problem is not likely to go away any time soon, the misuse of the word "American", has become ingrained into the culture of the entire North American Continent and beyond. We should give the users of the incorrect nomenclature a break if it is likely that no deliberate slight was intended.

GeneralDirection #-12 Posted Oct 29 2011 - 01:21

Major

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostPisagua, on Oct 28 2011 - 01:47, said:

Thank you,

The company is named Wargaming America Inc. because it services the Western hemisphere, in addition to Oceania and Southeast Asia.

ed_anger #-11 Posted Oct 29 2011 - 01:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
glad to see you are adding to your team here in the US, good luck

Valkeiper #-10 Posted Oct 29 2011 - 02:48

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGeneralDirection, on Oct 29 2011 - 01:21, said:

The company is named Wargaming America Inc. because it services the Western hemisphere, in addition to Oceania and Southeast Asia.

Hey General. You, Gaea, the Chief, ChrisK, Tanitha, and the rest have already done an outstanding job serving the US (and the rest of the NA server's players).

I for one have no doubt your team has been a major factor in the devs finally deciding they needed to fix the MM.

And that's just one of the multitude of things we players have to thank you folks for. :Smile_great:

I extend my fondest thanks to you and the entire team and I'm sure many players agree with me. :Smile_honoring:

Edit: Why did I get a negative for acknowledging the US team's efforts?
...............................................................................>>>

2_minutes_hate #-9 Posted Oct 29 2011 - 22:00

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Now I know all you Devs and programmers are smoking cigarettes like crazy, give me a call when you all get COPD. I am a Respiratory Therapist and would love to work there.

jjtank77 #-8 Posted Dec 16 2011 - 23:46

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
i want to join

psychokraut #-7 Posted Dec 19 2011 - 15:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Will we have to live in NoCal?

darrelltise123 #-6 Posted Jan 16 2012 - 23:02

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Is everyone one on this game in the employ of wargaming america? It seems like theres is the only ones working everyone who signs up online and who buy the premium packages gets a game that doesn't work. Whats the deal?

Warrior77 #-5 Posted Jan 17 2012 - 01:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I live in Louisville KY and every year we have what's called Thunder over Louisville. It's gets about 500,000 plus people and it has a big air show and fireworks. I was thinking this would be a awesome spot to setup a tent for World of Planes :)
Contact me if you all think this is a good idea?

RonZarper #-4 Posted Jan 17 2012 - 01:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postmrobershaw, on Oct 29 2011 - 22:00, said:

Now I know all you Devs and programmers are smoking cigarettes like crazy, give me a call when you all get COPD. I am a Respiratory Therapist and would love to work there.
I lol'd, give this man a cigar er job.

shawnpaulc #-3 Posted Feb 01 2012 - 11:35

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
I have downloaded all that was required and I still can't figure out how to be able to play. Could someone please tell me how to go about being able to play the game? Also, it is 4:37 am here in groves, Texas, on February 1st., and I would love to play the game. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.Thank you very much,
         Shawn Paul Clark Sr.

rodjoe #-2 Posted Feb 07 2012 - 02:46

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Content Removed.

-aw_man

sempah #-1 Posted Feb 22 2012 - 20:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postnixter, on Oct 29 2011 - 00:07, said:

A legitimate complaint, but one committed by a large majority, the problem stems from a lack of clear, accepted nomenclature, (aka; The devising or choosing of names for things),  when referring the the Country known formally as "The United States of America." The proper phrase is overly long and unwieldy for casual usage by the average person, and so it becomes shortened to "America" or "American." The abbreviation US could be used, but this is not clear and concise either. I suggest using the phrase "North American US" as an acceptable shortened substitute for the long form, "The United States of America.", but this is not really much shorter! So the problem is not likely to go away any time soon, the misuse of the word "American", has become ingrained into the culture of the entire North American Continent and beyond. We should give the users of the incorrect nomenclature a break if it is likely that no deliberate slight was intended.

I grew up in another country and we also called ourselves americans.  when I used to cross the border when they asked you citizenship if you replied america then would ask you which country.  which is funny as heck as this girl i took to mexico on the way back she just replied "well that one over there".

General__Evan #0 Posted Mar 01 2012 - 07:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Content Removed. Non-constructive/off-topic. No RO

-aw_man