Chaffee

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

barryc38 #1 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 02:13

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
I have my Chaffee upgraded to the max so it is an elite tank now. It seems that no matter what way I try to play this tank in battle, most of the time I just barely get enough credits to cover the cost of repairs and new ammo. I try to be a good scout and keep the tanks lite up and also deal some damage, but still bad credit return. Either the cost of repairs need to be lowered or there needs to be a greater credit return. The last battle I was in, I destroyed 2 arty and detected 9 tanks, including arty. My repairs and restocking of ammo cost me $12K, but I only got $9K for the battle. This just plain sucks as I like the tank.

Ventex #2 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 02:20

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
There are countless posts on this topic.  The credits are allocated according to how Wargaming wants the tanks played.  If it costs money to play them that means they don't just want you driving that tank.  If there was no incentive to play a tier 1-6 tank then there would be no one to play with new players.

captking #3 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 02:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Its not an incentive is a punishment.  

something that incites or has a tendency to incite to determination or action..."The company is offering a special low price as an added incentive for new customers"

If the Lower tiers were MORE FUN with less frustration that would be enticing,  but making a tank COST more then punishing the player with the MID TIER battles is not enticing.

atseuta #4 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 02:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
The chaffee doesn't make credits as a suicide scout.  None of the super lights are, you have to play it like a real scout and be forward of a push.  Keep to cover and concealment, move in hops.  Stay out of the path of the enemy so they don't detect you but you do, letting teammates and arty pound them.  The artillery should be afraid that you're on the enemy team, they should be terrified when 2 minutes have passed and no one knows where you are.

MaxMike #5 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 02:57

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postcaptking, on Oct 30 2011 - 02:26, said:

Its not an incentive is a punishment.  

something that incites or has a tendency to incite to determination or action..."The company is offering a special low price as an added incentive for new customers"

If the Lower tiers were MORE FUN with less frustration that would be enticing,  but making a tank COST more then punishing the player with the MID TIER battles is not enticing.

It is population control if the Chaffee made money like the M4 there would be ten in every game.

panzerwagoneer #6 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 03:56

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
The Devs don't want you to have fun at tier 5 because then you wouldn't buy their tier 8 premiums. Why do you think they still force tier 5 against tier 8 and 9, not because they think this is good from a game perspective, its not, but because it is good from a profit perspective. The key here that the Devs just haven't gotten yet is striking a balance between fun and profit. Personally I find this game a lot less fun now then it was 3 months ago. I am only sticking with it now to get the tanks I want. After I do I will play until my premium is up and then go play Skyrim or anything else that hasn't stagnated into a grinder, (If I wanted to grind I would play WOW). I might come back every now and again but I won't be spending money on the game at that point, not until they swing that balance back towards fun over profit, which we all know is unlikely. The issue is this game has too many game breaking elements in it, too many factors that make you wonder why you still play. MM is the biggest one and not fixing it is a huge mistake in my opinion. Allowing so many issues to remain essentially unchanged makes it an inevitability that people will quit. Now how long that takes is all up to the player, but they WILL quit, guaranteed.

Belrick #7 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 04:32

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Devs ***** up the testing of this tank.

Pure and simple.

T10 heavies
T9 meds and TD's
T8 arties

All end of their lines, ALL make more credits than the T5 lights do. (profits)

No ***** excuse, just bad decision making by the devs.

please do not use profanity and discussion or disputing decision made by the moderators, administration or developers is an automatic 7day RO ~ Brygin

Spectre12078 #8 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 04:50

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I hereby institute a new drinking game!

Whenever someone QQs about a T5 or a T4(within reason,we all know a few of the T4s are just bad.Lookin at you PZ38NA.Go back in the corner and think about what you done.) light tank,we all take a shot!

This is what people dont understand.
T5 lights arent money makers for several reasons.

1-they can easily take down tanks many times their size.
2-they can hunt,and easily kill any lone arty or TD.
3-wolf packs are lethal.Think Type-59s are bad? Think you just kicked a hornets nest.I was in a Chaffee platoon. We went out,and hunted down the other teams arty and TDs. Know what? We usually won those.
4-Until the French tanks with their T7 Light tanks come out,these are end game tanks.
5- I understand why they have obscenely high repair costs,but Id rather have a lower repair/income cost.
6-It is possible to make money,but you have to work very hard to do it.Thus,increasing your skill levels with tactics you can use in other tanks.

Stop QQing,pick up 2 money maker tanks,and deal with it.Dont like it? Go to the medium tanks.

Awww someone neg repped me without saying why. Apparently someone wants an easy credit farmer to kill all those big bad tanks so they dont gotta grind out a big tank. :Smile_harp:

SkttLes #9 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 10:09

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
my chaffee has made money almost every battle.

my advice to you is stop trying to scout

do that and you will find you are actually driving the best tier 7 medium...

ramp4ge #10 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 10:15

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSkttLes, on Oct 30 2011 - 10:09, said:

Exactly

If someone says "OMG UR A LIGHT GO SCOUT!" promptly reply with "NO U" and proceed to rape anything you can flank. Rinse, repeat.

ericho #11 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 12:28

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
i think the problem is not on the tank, but your style, may not be your fault, because u don't notice it

barryc38 #12 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 14:49

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
OK, for one, I am not one of those suicide scouts who rush the other side as soon as the battle starts, only to die quickly in a blaze of stupidity. That is not what a scout is supposed to do. I have tried to play this tank in a few different ways. Mostly, proper scouting where I find targets then hide or run so my arty and other team mates can hit them from a distance. This is my tactic when I am at the bottom of the list in a battle. When I am closer to the top, I use this tank as I would any other tank and just hunt. As I have said, I have tried different ways to use this tank and when I have a good battle, I just barely break even with the credits.

As for what Spectre12078 says, I am not crying about crappy teir 4 or 5 tanks. This is just one of many tanks that I have. I already have my money maker premium tanks (type 59 and lowe). Also have a T20 medium (plus other mediums) and a T29 that I have grinded out. So I am not a noob who is crying about lower tier tanks. This tank just don't make the credits that it should or the repair costs are just too high. I was just making a statement about this, not whining. I also said that I like the tank.

Spectre12078 #13 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 19:22

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSkttLes, on Oct 30 2011 - 10:09, said:

Do you honestly think people are that smart? :Smile_harp:

Spectre12078 #14 Posted Oct 30 2011 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postbarryc38, on Oct 30 2011 - 14:49, said:

OK, for one, I am not one of those suicide scouts who rush the other side as soon as the battle starts, only to die quickly in a blaze of stupidity. That is not what a scout is supposed to do. I have tried to play this tank in a few different ways. Mostly, proper scouting where I find targets then hide or run so my arty and other team mates can hit them from a distance. This is my tactic when I am at the bottom of the list in a battle. When I am closer to the top, I use this tank as I would any other tank and just hunt. As I have said, I have tried different ways to use this tank and when I have a good battle, I just barely break even with the credits.

As for what Spectre12078 says, I am not crying about crappy teir 4 or 5 tanks. This is just one of many tanks that I have. I already have my money maker premium tanks (type 59 and lowe). Also have a T20 medium (plus other mediums) and a T29 that I have grinded out. So I am not a noob who is crying about lower tier tanks. This tank just don't make the credits that it should or the repair costs are just too high. I was just making a statement about this, not whining. I also said that I like the tank.

Yes,but you should have known and accepted that its a money pit. Its been posted many many many many times on the forums. T5+lights will be money pits.

All I can really say is quit qqing about the cost,accept it,and drive the tank like you stole it. It sucks,yes,but thats how it is.With your SLowe and Type59 youll have no problem funding the tank.

MethaneMan #15 Posted Oct 31 2011 - 00:11

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
[quote name='MaxMike' timestamp='1319939827' post='1050594']
It is population control if the Chaffee made money like the M4 there would be ten in every game.

Oh , you mean like the Type 59's ?   I played in a game once where the MM put 5 Type 59's on the other team , group voted to TK each other instead of playing against them . What's the point ? , The Type 59's are Overpowered , over armored , too fast and are as small as any light tank . They need to be NERFED . I don't care HOW much Money peeps spent on Gold buying them . When I see one I cease any team win performing action and chase them down , either I kill the Type 59 or I die , this is how much I DETEST them . Talk about making the game not fun .....

ramp4ge #16 Posted Oct 31 2011 - 02:15

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I wouldn't have a problem with 10 tier 5 lights in every game. The game is way, way too heavy-centric as it is. Mediums and lights should be the more numerous vehicles in pug games, while heavies should find their specialty in clan wars. As it is now, both modes are dominated (in numbers) by heavies, which is completely ass-backwards from any sort of historical scenario.

Toasted_Rofls #17 Posted Oct 31 2011 - 04:50

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Whenever people ask what is wrong with the Chaffee, I usually respond: "You."

It easily makes enough money to pay for itself and routinely has games where it inflicts crazy amounts of damage for such a small tank. People who are complaining about it don't know how to drive it.

Spectre12078 #18 Posted Oct 31 2011 - 05:22

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostMethaneMan, on Oct 31 2011 - 00:11, said:

Oh , you mean like the Type 59's ?   I played in a game once where the MM put 5 Type 59's on the other team , group voted to TK each other instead of playing against them . What's the point ? , The Type 59's are Overpowered , over armored , too fast and are as small as any light tank . They need to be NERFED . I don't care HOW much Money peeps spent on Gold buying them . When I see one I cease any team win performing action and chase them down , either I kill the Type 59 or I die , this is how much I DETEST them . Talk about making the game not fun .....

Type 59 isnt op. It doesnt need any nerfs or buffs other than harsher MM.

Let me dissect the post.
Type 59
Armor-Dont auto aim. Autoaim aims at the turret the turret has alot of slope due to its curve.But HE the turret,or have a very high pen gun and you can shoot through it. This thing has 5 ammo racks and 3 fuel tanks.
Speed-its quite slow and not very mobile.
Size-Blame the Soviet tank designers for building a tank thats supposed to be hard to hit.
Track,ram bam. Incredibly easy tanks to kill. L2Aim.
Oh,if you want to know,the REAL T54 is the Type-59. Not the endgame T-54.

I could say the same about the Lowe. I detest Lowes,they make the game unfun. When Im in my Arty or Type 59,I hunt them down and kill them. Or I die trying. All the Slowes make the game unfun..

Well shit sounds like someone wants easy tanks for him to kill and now that he has a competitor hes gonna cry that he cant one shot it and hes gotta fight so his cash printer keeps flowing.

*EDIT* after lookin at your tanks,you have many that can quite easily kill and damage them. The JagdPanther can do it well The T20 and Easy 8 can do it too. Sorry, L2Aim.

PS.Keep QQing about that Type-59.It fuels my Type-59.

I dont like being a dick nor derailing a topic,so Ill go back onto topic.

The Chaffee,and King Leopard can make the most money out of the T5 Lights. Just remember:
T5 Lights take a special mentality to drive. You have to know that odds are,you wont make much money,and you probably wont survive But you gotta think,its not about the money,its about the fun driving the buggers at 55kmh and annoying the hell outta everything.Platoon up with a couple T5 experienced owners,and watch the fireworks and tears. :Smile_honoring:

ramp4ge #19 Posted Oct 31 2011 - 07:20

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

Armor-Dont auto aim. Autoaim aims at the turret the turret has alot of slope due to its curve.But HE the turret,or have a very high pen gun and you can shoot through it. This thing has 5 ammo racks and 3 fuel tanks.

T5E1 bounces on it frontally 8 times out of 10 even with green penetration markers. T5E1's lack of accuracy means that if you get a side shot, you'll probably hit the tracks and do no damage.

Speed-its quite slow and not very mobile.

It's got 14.8 horsepower/ton, which is about the same as a Pershing (Less then 1 hp/ton difference). It also has a much higher track-traverse speed then Pershing (45*/sec vs 38*/sec), and a top speed of 56kph to Pershing's 48kph. So it's more mobile overall then the Pershing. I'd compare it to the Panther II but I don't think there's a point.

Spectre12078 #20 Posted Oct 31 2011 - 07:25

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postramp4ge, on Oct 31 2011 - 07:20, said:

T5E1 bounces on it frontally 8 times out of 10 even with green penetration markers. T5E1's lack of accuracy means that if you get a side shot, you'll probably hit the tracks and do no damage.

It's got 14.8 horsepower/ton, which is about the same as a Pershing (Less then 1 hp/ton difference). It also has a much higher track-traverse speed then Pershing (45*/sec vs 38*/sec), and a top speed of 56kph to Pershing's 48kph. So it's more mobile overall then the Pershing. I'd compare it to the Panther II but I don't think there's a point.

That T5E1 is a strange gun..Its quite buggy even with an elite crew. A KT,Jumbo,M6,Easy 8 can all easily kill it.

Yes,but its got a VERY slow and long acceleration curve. Its a pretty meh and squishy tank. Its not OP. Lowes and KV5s can pen it.Just gotta know where to aim.