Official zero damage critical/penetration hit answer and discussion thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1422 replies to this topic

Kemosobe #1001 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 21:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9580 battles
  • [PONY] PONY
Holy broken coding batman. I just bounced my 90mm DCA 45 gun with an average pen of 212mm off the amazing 10mm of armor that a Hummel has on its side. Can someone please explain how this game is not still in beta?
On another note, why can't WG put the same TLC they are apparently putting into their art also into their coding. With the new look that is coming with 8.0, the artists are amazing. Maybe WG should fire their current programmers and hire new ones that know how to make a game actually not be based around sheer dumb luck.

stahlhelmii #1002 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 21:34

Captain

• Players
  • 8323 battles
I've gotten TONS of zero damage pens today.  Funny thing is, I've stomped the living crap out of the SuperPershings, which are all spaced armor, and not a single zero damage pen on one of those yet.  I don't really believe that explanation one bit.

Kemosobe #1003 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 21:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9580 battles
  • [PONY] PONY

View Poststahlhelmii, on Aug 04 2012 - 21:34, said:

I've gotten TONS of zero damage pens today.  Funny thing is, I've stomped the living crap out of the SuperPershings, which are all spaced armor, and not a single zero damage pen on one of those yet.  I don't really believe that explanation one bit.
That explanation never held water to begin with seeing as close to all of the tanks in this game did not have built in spaced armor. Their spaced armor was exactly like what the Super Pershing's is, extra armor added on but with room between it and the real tank.

hairychicken #1004 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 22:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14113 battles
Hit a Grille with my BL-10 ISU-152 3 times .One was a penetration ZERO damage shot to the side,Grille still at 100%. The next 2 shots bounced.BOUNCED?????? All shots were very close to to target. The 4th shot killed him.

stahlhelmii #1005 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 22:31

Captain

• Players
  • 8323 battles

View Posthairychicken, on Aug 04 2012 - 22:17, said:

Hit a Grille with my BL-10 ISU-152 3 times .One was a penetration ZERO damage shot to the side,Grille still at 100%. The next 2 shots bounced.BOUNCED?????? All shots were very close to to target. The 4th shot killed him.

Much like the T-50-2, arty has had magical mystery armor bestowed upon it by Gandalf, himself.  I get that crap all the time, too, along with tanking an 1800 hp tank down to 1 hp, whereupon I bounce, ric and zero crit him until he kills me and half my team with his mighty 1 hp.

cptcrunchy #1006 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 22:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4925 battles
  • [PW] PW

View Poststahlhelmii, on Aug 04 2012 - 22:31, said:

Much like the T-50-2, arty has had magical mystery armor bestowed upon it by Gandalf, himself.
LOL
I'd up-vote your post but I'm at my limit...  
Here's a funny Gandalf'ish vid... http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

As for the zero dmg hits, I get emm in almost every match. Tbh I kinda thought it was a server load issue but who knows...

Edited by cptcrunchy, Aug 04 2012 - 23:12.

Kemosobe #1007 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 22:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9580 battles
  • [PONY] PONY

View Postcptcrunchy, on Aug 04 2012 - 22:42, said:

LOL
I's up-vote your post but I'm at my limit...  
Here's a funny Gandalf'ish vid... http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

As for the zero dmg hits, I get emm in almost every match. Tbh I kinda thought it was a server load issue but who knows...
I up voted him for you and also had to up vote you for that video.

Protostrator #1008 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 22:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4054 battles
Dear Wargaming,
are you going to fix this bullshit "they are hit" for no damage idiocy? last battle at El Halouf, I've shot Super Pershing 9 times in my fully upgraded AT-25. 8 time out of 9 I've heard "they are hit", "enemy is hit" and other nonsense. I did damage only once. There was also T-32 and I've shot him twice - two times "they are hit" for..... huge surprise also zero damage. We were comfortably leading, but those two tanks simply refused to die.  Eventually Super-Pershing died. but T-32 with remaining Hummel cleared out the rest of our team. Will you ever fix this idiocy? I can accept, blah blah blah, bad luck, blah blah blah RNG. But this goes beyond ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if I bounce - I should have aimed better. But I was hitting all the time - zero damage all the time.

Was it one of the cases when one team was set up for sure victory by RNG and we had no chance no matter how we were playing? After that I've closed the game and lost desire to touch it at least for several hours. I felt like I was playing a rigged match where the opponent already closed the deal with the referee. Of course there was no deal, but the referee (RNG) was acting like there was.

This idiotic feature was introduced in 7.3 and is already dragging into 7.5. You've failed to fix this obvious bug for 2 patches. Can we get a clear answer if this is even considered a bug and it'll be fixed? If yes, why wasn't it fixed already? If no, please explain what it is. I was shooting that Super-Pershing from above and I certainly was not hitting the "space between the ground and the tracks" or some other bullcrap explanation. Those were solid hits at the upper hull or upper turret. Was the commander stopping all my shells with his teeth? Was I consistently destroying the radio? You have to come with better explanation why this blatant bug passed your QA and is allowed to live 2 patches later.

Edited by Protostrator, Aug 04 2012 - 22:57.

Vulcans_Hammer #1009 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 23:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21491 battles
Finally guys, we got over 1000 complaints, why was spaced armor even introduced??
That is when the zero damage pen began.

Kemosobe #1010 Posted Aug 05 2012 - 00:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9580 battles
  • [PONY] PONY

View Post99VulcansHammers, on Aug 04 2012 - 23:08, said:

Finally guys, we got over 1000 complaints, why was spaced armor even introduced??
That is when the zero damage pen began.
1000 complaints, yet not a word from WG when they are going to actually fix this bug. I still say that if they fired their current programmers and hired ones that put as much effort into coding as their artists are showing they are putting into the graphics, this game would be amazing. But sadly, graphics do not make a game.

Vulcans_Hammer #1011 Posted Aug 05 2012 - 01:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21491 battles
4 days ago I got my T-50 in a bad situation.
In front of me I was facing 3 Tier7's and 1 Tier8.
3 consecutive shots from the Tier7's hit me for absolutely NO DAMAGE
The Tier 8 was the last to fire hit the back of my tank for absolutely NO DAMAGE.
I was protected by the intensley thick 37 mm of armor
that surround the T-50??????

Machricar #1012 Posted Aug 06 2012 - 05:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 6049 battles
I understand the no damage penetrations on tanks with spaced armor... but most of the no damage pens I get aren't on spaced armor. I had a game earlier today where I was parked behind an IS-8 with ~200 hp and fired 3 shots from my M26 right into his rear. All 3 "penetrated" and any one of the shots should have killed him but none of them did any damage and he was able to turn and kill me and another teammate. I can't count how many 0 damage penetrations I get on tanks with low enough health to 1 hit only to have them go kill me or other teammates... it's ridiculous. I'll shrug off a zero damage pen if I can see that I tracked the enemy or something, but when I shoot multiple shots into the side turret or rear of a tank I expect to actually do some damage!

stahlhelmii #1013 Posted Aug 06 2012 - 05:36

Captain

• Players
  • 8323 battles

View Post99VulcansHammers, on Aug 05 2012 - 01:41, said:

4 days ago I got my T-50 in a bad situation.
In front of me I was facing 3 Tier7's and 1 Tier8.
3 consecutive shots from the Tier7's hit me for absolutely NO DAMAGE
The Tier 8 was the last to fire hit the back of my tank for absolutely NO DAMAGE.
I was protected by the intensley thick 37 mm of armor
that surround the T-50??????

LOL.  Of course, Gandalf is also fond of the T-50.  No magical, mystery armor for them, though.  They got the magic forcefield.

Robbyx #1014 Posted Aug 06 2012 - 11:12

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 12432 battles
Im getting F**KING sick of this s**T....face to face with an E100, hes on 48%, im in IS7 on 98%.....4 no damage pens, 2 on the lower plate, 2 on the commanders hatch...not a single percent of damage done.

Everyone who thinks this is working is a f**king moron...including the developers....use your f**king brains, it is not fun, it is not working...change it.

PS...yes im f**king mad.

Kemosobe #1015 Posted Aug 07 2012 - 14:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9580 battles
  • [PONY] PONY
Dear Wargaming, can you please get off your lazy arse and fix this broken sh*t. This game is far beyond working. You are doing nothing to yourself but showing the gaming industry that you have no purpose being in it and are hurting anyone from your country who is wishing to go into the business. I honestly dare any of you to play this f**king beta you have here and then tell us all that it is in fact working.

On a side note, whoever it was that said something about RNG determining the winner of the match before the match even begins, I think I have confirmation that this is in fact true. This weekend, I played my AMX M4 1945 extra because of the x2 money it was getting. I had loads of amazing wins during this. I even went on around a 20 match winning streak with each win netting me at least 700 exp without premium. (which is very odd seeing as the game screws me over far too much.) I have been playing for 2 and a half hours just now and was only able to get one win. This is not the first time this has happened either. A few months ago, the same exact thing happened. I suddenly started having very amazing games and was pretty close to possibly finally raising my win rate to 50%. Suddenly, out of no where, I go on a massive loosing streak. Now, one time is just odd (and retarded given this flawed game), two could possibly be a coincidence (but unlikely given the fact that this game is flawed beyond belief), should this happen again, it is 100% confirmed that something is determining wins before the matches even start.

DS2K #1016 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 08:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 5694 battles
The damage system scuks, I shoot the so called weak spot of the new OP kv-5, 5 times, got 4 hits and a crit, yet the kv-5 took NO dmg as all

MaxxFlieger #1017 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 09:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16456 battles
It's gotten worse since 7.5, every match 1 out of 3 shots, irregardless what tank I'm in or what I'm shooting at yeilds in this BS.  Rage ensues when target is 5%hp or less and 3 shots don't kill it from rear or sides.

Kemosobe #1018 Posted Aug 09 2012 - 02:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9580 battles
  • [PONY] PONY
So, Wargaming, are you ever going to give us a time frame on when you plan to actually fix this horrible and broken piece of shat Random Number Generator so that skill can be more than 1% of all factors into a win or lose? Cause if you don't, All I have to saw is have fun losing a F*CK ton of people once MechWarrior Online comes out.

pera13 #1019 Posted Aug 09 2012 - 05:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8290 battles

View PostKemosobe, on Aug 07 2012 - 14:51, said:

Dear Wargaming, can you please get off your lazy arse and fix this broken sh*t. This game is far beyond working. You are doing nothing to yourself but showing the gaming industry that you have no purpose being in it and are hurting anyone from your country who is wishing to go into the business. I honestly dare any of you to play this f**king beta you have here and then tell us all that it is in fact working.

On a side note, whoever it was that said something about RNG determining the winner of the match before the match even begins, I think I have confirmation that this is in fact true. This weekend, I played my AMX M4 1945 extra because of the x2 money it was getting. I had loads of amazing wins during this. I even went on around a 20 match winning streak with each win netting me at least 700 exp without premium. (which is very odd seeing as the game screws me over far too much.) I have been playing for 2 and a half hours just now and was only able to get one win. This is not the first time this has happened either. A few months ago, the same exact thing happened. I suddenly started having very amazing games and was pretty close to possibly finally raising my win rate to 50%. Suddenly, out of no where, I go on a massive loosing streak. Now, one time is just odd (and retarded given this flawed game), two could possibly be a coincidence (but unlikely given the fact that this game is flawed beyond belief), should this happen again, it is 100% confirmed that something is determining wins before the matches even start.
Although I still don't believe in matches being rigged, I also had this experience. One day win rate is 60% and the other 47%. I play most of my tanks for doubles and few for fun. So I have T49 with 55% w/r and I love playing it. Every day  go for about 6 wins out of 10 games in it. All of a sudden 2 days in a row I can't win 4 games out of 10 in it. Maybe it is new noob influx into tier 5 or something else idk.

stahlhelmii #1020 Posted Aug 09 2012 - 05:19

Captain

• Players
  • 8323 battles

View Postpera13, on Aug 09 2012 - 05:13, said:

Although I still don't believe in matches being rigged, I also had this experience. One day win rate is 60% and the other 47%. I play most of my tanks for doubles and few for fun. So I have T49 with 55% w/r and I love playing it. Every day  go for about 6 wins out of 10 games in it. All of a sudden 2 days in a row I can't win 4 games out of 10 in it. Maybe it is new noob influx into tier 5 or something else idk.

I've seen plenty of 16-0 & 15-1or2 RNG rollovers, where one side can't miss, can't hit without doing massive damage, and the kill shot always kills, while the other team misses, bounces, rics and zero damage pens with at least half their shots, and any time the enemy should be dead, he is running around with like 4 hp and has turned invulnerable.