Ingame voice chat.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

blocks #1 Posted Nov 05 2011 - 15:44

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Okay we know that WoT has in game chat and works fairly well, but is there any chance of actually letting us output the audio to lets say our headsets?  Nothing worst then having a headset purely for chat, but voice comms comes out of you speakers.

Suggested improvement.

Voice chat selectable to other outputs e.g Windows default, USB Audio device.

HOTA_CHATON #2 Posted Nov 05 2011 - 15:48

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Well, since your talking about this, why don't we ask for someting like Teamspeak or Ventrillo?  I am and have been wondering it that option may be made available to
us, any time in the future.  If not that, something that will auto assign you to a  team channel, each time you play a game?  I know the logistics would be a total
night mare but hey these folks are smart, tatented, and creative.  Just look at the game and how complex it really is, though we take it for granted.

pipecutter #3 Posted Nov 05 2011 - 16:28

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
When I start a platoon, my friends and I log on to steam voicechat then run WOT. It works great. we have an open mic between us and can decide what tanks to use before battle or where to go on the map. Of course you can only talk to your friends but I don't know if I want to be able to talk to the whole team. Everybody cussing each other out because you aren't where they want you on the map, ect.

blocks #4 Posted Nov 05 2011 - 19:44

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Nov 05 2011 - 15:48, said:

Well, since your talking about this, why don't we ask for someting like Teamspeak or Ventrillo?  I am and have been wondering it that option may be made available to
us, any time in the future.  If not that, something that will auto assign you to a  team channel, each time you play a game?  I know the logistics would be a total
night mare but hey these folks are smart, tatented, and creative.  Just look at the game and how complex it really is, though we take it for granted.

The ingame chat works very well and the only major gripe is that we can't change the default output.

stickjock #5 Posted Nov 05 2011 - 19:55

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Stickjock confused...  :blink:

Our clan runs TS... voice com works great... also, in-game voice chat (which is horrible btw imo) comes across loud and clear... THRU my headset that I use... soooo... why do I need to route it to my headset if it goes there already??  

again...

Stick confused...  :blink:

Shibdib #6 Posted Dec 24 2011 - 08:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postblocks, on Nov 05 2011 - 15:44, said:

Okay we know that WoT has in game chat and works fairly well, but is there any chance of actually letting us output the audio to lets say our headsets?  Nothing worst then having a headset purely for chat, but voice comms comes out of you speakers.

Suggested improvement.

Voice chat selectable to other outputs e.g Windows default, USB Audio device.

Necro for a needed fix.. For random company players this is a must add