The new "You Ask, We Reply" is out!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
297 replies to this topic

Evilshooter66 #41 Posted Nov 11 2011 - 12:42

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 2458 battles
  • [TVL] TVL
Will Historic or Faction battles be added in 7.0? How will the matchmaking work?

Jigsaw1818 #42 Posted Nov 11 2011 - 14:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 10132 battles
will you guys ever improve the kv5 gun, i mean for a tier 7 tank with such massive armor, amd size, it would only be fair to improve its gun

Vallter #43 Posted Nov 11 2011 - 15:58

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostStandardToast, on Nov 11 2011 - 01:12, said:

I got a question: What happened to the graffiti that used to be scrawled on the kv' skv-2 turret? It seemed to disappear from the skin after they finished the beta.

Due to many users requests, we decided to move it away.

View PostGodfather057, on Nov 11 2011 - 01:16, said:

When will you fix the Panther I? It's realy underpowered. When ever the gun manages to pen the target it does nothing to it.  :mellow:

I would suggest you to learn a bit about weak spots and tactics on that tank, because it's good enough for it's Tier.

View Postsudopudge, on Nov 11 2011 - 01:18, said:

I know you said you cannot comment, but this question intrigued me...will they exist at all? I was thinking they weren't, but can't help but ask.

Hm... Can you imagine an announcement of something, that does not exist?

View Postsudopudge, on Nov 11 2011 - 01:18, said:

Does the free skill reset only apply to crew members with all skills maxed, or will all skills regardless of completion be able to be re-spent?

To learn the skills, you received certain amount of XP. This XP of tank crews will be converted into free XP. So you will have the same amount of percent to one you had before the update.

View PostAgentice, on Nov 11 2011 - 02:04, said:

If you want examples of crit hit rounds, here is mine.

To explain this we will publish some guides soon.

View Postpanzerpat, on Nov 11 2011 - 03:24, said:

So,you say clan logos will automatically be added to my panzers.What if I don't want them,are they removable? After all they are "my" panzers and it should damn well be my choice as to anything "extra" on them.Not yours,not my clans or anyone but me.As it is now it seems I have to remove the generic "stock" Balkankreuse from them everytime a patch or update is done.

Yes, there will be an ability to remove it's visibility.

View Postbobbyjoe, on Nov 11 2011 - 03:38, said:

Cant wait for the new skills! what are they?!
xD

They are a totally new branch of gameplay -) More details will be announced later.

View PostDrakenred, on Nov 11 2011 - 06:10, said:

ok in order

The ACTUAL game developers are mostly talking on the Russian forums (with good reason, the specificaly hired the English speaking developers so they can talk to European and American gamers) However the lack of an Auction house was known (and explained) around mid Sept on there forum, and aparently even at that it was just the most recent time.

Overlord and me were trying to do our best. And now the team have expanded, so the things will be much better ;)

View PostDrakenred, on Nov 11 2011 - 06:10, said:

Bascialy from there point of view(from most to least important)
1) They would wrather put the resources they have to puting in more tanks
2) They dont want third party gold sellers/tank farmers leaching profits from them
3) They dont want people "buying power" from anyone but them
4) They dont want to deal with even more of the inevitable "my account was Haxored its not my fault I want my tank back" petions that they already deal with

Actually it's more security issue. The same reason is why the gold transfer is still switched off.

View PostEvilshooter66, on Nov 11 2011 - 12:42, said:

Will Historic or Faction battles be added in 7.0? How will the matchmaking work?

Neither of this game Mods will enter the 7.0 update.

Mathcmaking will work differently and better. The changes will be announced ones we test them, set them up and schedule for implementation.

View PostJigsaw1818, on Nov 11 2011 - 14:48, said:

will you guys ever improve the kv5 gun, i mean for a tier 7 tank with such massive armor, amd size, it would only be fair to improve its gun

No, there won't be any changes performed to KV-5. We like it in the way it is.

Drakenred #44 Posted Nov 11 2011 - 18:06

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles

View PostVallter, on Nov 11 2011 - 15:58, said:

Hm... Can you imagine an announcement of something, that does not exist?

Overlord and me were trying to do our best. And now the team have expanded, so the things will be much better ;)

Actually it's more security issue. The same reason is why the gold transfer is still switched off.

No, there won't be any changes performed to KV-5. We like it in the way it is.
in order

I played EvE. . . Most of what they talked about for PI does not (and will not any time soon ) exist, and they havent even started doing 90%of what they talked about for incarna. In fact it seems like for the previous three expansions they were actualy better at talking about vaporware they were not even working on at the time than delivering anything they were capable of delivering.

I will say this mutch, your doing a heck of a lot better with your non "Home" teams than anyone I have delt with this side of Blizzard.  

that may be what he ment, I took it to mean that it would take too mutch work to make a properly secure system that was workable and it was more important to put out more tanks and game types and all the other features they wanted in.

TheDevil74 #45 Posted Nov 11 2011 - 18:27

Captain

• Players
  • 14911 battles

View PostDrakenred, on Nov 11 2011 - 18:06, said:

in order

I played EvE. . . Most of what they talked about for PI does not (and will not any time soon ) exist, and they havent even started doing 90%of what they talked about for incarna. In fact it seems like for the previous three expansions they were actualy better at talking about vaporware they were not even working on at the time than delivering anything they were capable of delivering.

I will say this mutch, your doing a heck of a lot better with your non "Home" teams than anyone I have delt with this side of Blizzard.  

that may be what he ment, I took it to mean that it would take too mutch work to make a properly secure system that was workable and it was more important to put out more tanks and game types and all the other features they wanted in.
I bet we have tier 10 mediums an td's within 4 months. The basic models for the russian an US tier 10 meds are in. T55/T60 not much different then the T 54. And the M48 is just a smaller version of the T110/103 hulls. I stand firm in my belief that the E50 will get moved to tier 10 and buffed back to its test status. As far as the td's are concerned german stugg100. US T30 will be put at tier 10 as far as russian are concerned idk but im sure they some paper monster they can put in game. With the french it is not a problem as they have already committed to going far past WOT timeline to fill the french tree and I'm sure they can find worthy canidates somewhere.
I think the devs have seen that the more variety of clans wars capable classes there are in game the better off the game will be in general. You can't have 2 classes (arty, heavies) looming over the game like 800lb gorillas.

lunyone #46 Posted Nov 11 2011 - 21:10

Private

• Players
  • 3962 battles
Well I used to like this game, but because I'm constantly going up against T59's and better (I have a M7 (Medium)/M6 (Heavy)/M36 (TD-Slugger)/M41 (SPD)). 1 in 40 matches I get into the top 1/3 of the list (top 5 listed) and I got really tired of getting 1 shot kill from several types of takes (and I'm not talking about from the side or back). It would sometimes take me 10+ shots to try and kill someone and they would get a 1 or 2 shot kill on me. I'm okay will losing, but 90% of the battles I would do just about everything possible to survive and play smartly, but it wouldn't work out, since a lot of the Premium tanks would be in my match and just 1 shot kill me. I understand that they are paying and getting an advantage, but there seems too many matches where my level of tanks (5-6) would just be useless against most of the other tanks (since they are mostly 8-10 level tanks). I understand that some positions are for grinding, but when I get from 40-300 points per match and I need 110,000+ for the next upgrade, I just don't see doing it anymore. With my average XP being about 100-150, that would equate to about 700+ matches on one tank! I just wish there were more opportunity for me to level and have some fun in the 5-6 Tier levels. I think this is why most people don't see much Tier 5-6 tanks out there playing.

It's like most people play up to Tier 4-6 and just realize that it isn't worth it anymore, because it's not fun when you wait up to 2-4 min (queuing up and setting up on the map somewhere) and get 1 shot killed! Have that happen 90% of the time and be lucky to get 1 or even 2 kills, because of the multiple shots needed to kill an equivalent or higher Tier tank. I know that I'm ranting here, but I'd gladly continue to game and rave about this game, but at this point in time I just kind seem to do that due to the reasons listed above. Hopefully someone will listen and make some changes to the Matchmaking, so those of us with Tier 4-6 tanks can have some fun again. BTW I started all of my tanks out at Tier 1 and did the grind up to where I'm currently at and I'm not a premium account user either. If I did see some changes in the MM system that was more fair than I might actually plunk down $50-100 to continue on with this game, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. /end rant

lostwingman #47 Posted Nov 11 2011 - 21:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22777 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostReverend27, on Nov 11 2011 - 18:27, said:

I bet we have tier 10 mediums an td's within 4 months. The basic models for the russian an US tier 10 meds are in. T55/T60 not much different then the T 54. And the M48 is just a smaller version of the T110/103 hulls. I stand firm in my belief that the E50 will get moved to tier 10 and buffed back to its test status. As far as the td's are concerned german stugg100. US T30 will be put at tier 10 as far as russian are concerned idk but im sure they some paper monster they can put in game. With the french it is not a problem as they have already committed to going far past WOT timeline to fill the french tree and I'm sure they can find worthy canidates somewhere.
I think the devs have seen that the more variety of clans wars capable classes there are in game the better off the game will be in general. You can't have 2 classes (arty, heavies) looming over the game like 800lb gorillas.

So then what would be the tier 9?
The Panther 2 underperforming again at tier 9?
Same with the Panther.
See I would be for it, if we had some better higher tier stuff to fit the space.

CryoVolt #48 Posted Nov 11 2011 - 22:04

Major

• Players
  • 28920 battles
1) Matchmaking:  The main problem here is that Tier 5/6/7 especially need more battles within their tiers.  This is good for the game because casual players may never rise above this level, or may only do so with one tank and we want these people in the game.  Here are some reasons i) they will run their 1 tier 9/10 on occasion, ii) some will decide to become more serious, and iii) they will get their friends involved.  The game not only be about reaching the end of a tier and it just isn't possible for many people.  I do understand the server population is a problem here, but I don't notice a much better situation at 8k versus 16k people and I play often at both server loads.

2) Type-59 vs Peers:  The Panther II is certainly better than a Type-59.  There is no contest really.  Granted I don't have a Type-59, but I see them often enough in my Panther II which I have near 500 battles in and a 61% win rate.  But, the Type-59, if you look at the matchmaking chart, plays more like a tier 7.5.  It does not have the same matchmaking as tier 8 mediums.  For a tier 7.5, the Type-59 is very very strong.  The Lowe is completely fine, it is a slightly worse King Tiger and has the same matchmaking.

TheDevil74 #49 Posted Nov 11 2011 - 22:14

Captain

• Players
  • 14911 battles

View Postlostwingman, on Nov 11 2011 - 21:45, said:

So then what would be the tier 9?
The Panther 2 underperforming again at tier 9?
Same with the Panther.
See I would be for it, if we had some better higher tier stuff to fit the space.
Well I guess the germans could get the Leppard 1 but even thought its a 60's tank it only has 75mm of frontal and would play similar to the french tier 9. Just seems to me with so many german mediums out there they will make something work at tier 7,8,9 an move the E50 up.  I don't know I just using educated guess here. But the tier 10 meds are coming so something has to go there. Unless of course they went the route I think they should an give the US a tier 10 medium in place of a second tier 10 heavy.

Hawat #50 Posted Nov 11 2011 - 23:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27347 battles
Q: "A new Russian premium tank, the IS-6 (Object 252) is planned to be added to the Russian line of tanks. How will the tech tree be affected by this addition?"

A: "The tech tree itself will not be affected as Premium tanks are not included in the tech trees."

I'm a little confused here.  I'm looking at an Overlord blog post and the proposed Soviet tech trees and it has the Object 252 replacing the IS-4 when the IS-4 moves to tier 10 and the Soviet heavy tree splits.  You are now saying that the Object 252 is going to be premium?  What's going to take the place of the IS-4 then?  Can you clarify this for me, please?

Drakenred #51 Posted Nov 11 2011 - 23:21

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles

View PostHawat, on Nov 11 2011 - 23:05, said:

Q: "A new Russian premium tank, the IS-6 (Object 252) is planned to be added to the Russian line of tanks. How will the tech tree be affected by this addition?"

A: "The tech tree itself will not be affected as Premium tanks are not included in the tech trees."

I'm a little confused here.  I'm looking at an Overlord blog post and the proposed Soviet tech trees and it has the Object 252 replacing the IS-4 when the IS-4 moves to tier 10 and the Soviet heavy tree splits.  You are now saying that the Object 252 is going to be premium?  What's going to take the place of the IS-4 then?  Can you clarify this for me, please?
Dont go by the old "revised" tec tree, theres a newer one floating around somewhere that is a bit more accurate.(they keep moveing the 252 in and out of premium)

piece #52 Posted Nov 12 2011 - 04:01

Private

• Players
  • 2434 battles
Can we use the control bar instead of the keyboard on world of tanks?

hankrious #53 Posted Nov 12 2011 - 04:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 22154 battles

View PostVallter, on Nov 10 2011 - 21:50, said:

Please, write a list of the updates made to favour paying customers from 0.6.4

3)As it was mentioned, we are working on the matchmaking and will do our best to solve current issues. Though there still will be battles in which you will be in the end of the list.

What is included in the list is really the point isn't it? The matching detracts from the playing experience at some point. Where that is varies from person to person. Personally I don't need or want to be on top, I'm more of an underdog. However, I don't like a situation where I cannot contribute effectively with my tank and my skills as they are. Maybe I'm no good, maybe I'm a little better than others who knows, but is not "fun" to play in a losing scenario over and over again. That happens too often with the current matchmaking system.
Additionally, sometimes it seems like World of Arty Support rather than WOT.

Skeleton #54 Posted Nov 12 2011 - 17:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42224 battles

View Postskeetr72, on Nov 10 2011 - 22:19, said:

I dont like it when my Tiger ends up as a scout; ie, bottom of the stack.  But then again, with the stats bearing out that most of us fall in the 50-ish% win-rate, I would say that it actually works remarkably well.  And it will be impossible to make everyone happy as everyone wants to win every time.

I do my best for the random people on my "team", but I play to enjoy the game, meet people with a common interest, and have fun.  Gold ammo and premium tanks pay the rent, and unless people want to see this awesome game perish, or McDonald's billboards in-game, perhaps consider thanking those that pay instead of criticizing?  Every time I see a Lowe or KV5 I smile, because that person is keeping the lights on and the servers maintained.  Besides, you never know who is driving that Lowe or Type-59.  I know some people that use them in order to pay for their Tier X tanks since the bills are high.  And moreover, I have shot up plenty of Lowes and Type-59s myself, they blow up real good.

Thanks WG/WOT for all that you do, cheers!

What gets me is this:

PLayer A: Bought a ONE TIME purchase of a Type 59 - gets a LIFETIME of incredible credit gain, EVEN as a F2P player.

Player B: Bought a Year worth of Premium Account - gets 1 year of premium access at a pitiful tier 9+ credit gain.

Okay so player B spent a good $50 MORE than player A, already contributing more.  Player A very well may never spend another dollar and can make credits to support there top tier tanks.  Player B with NO premium tanks to make credits and losing money on losses and some wins with there T9+ tanks will have to work harder to gain credits, and when there premium runs out unless they want to play 20 games in a KV to 1 game in there Tier9+ tank they will most likely be a repeat buyer and spend yet more money on a premium account.

Okay, so why does the ONE TIME buyer get better credit gains than the Premium Account more likely to buy again player?

I would like to suggest two different options for the developers, that would not only reward the repeat premium account buyer (doesn't last a lifetime like tanks) and encourage more players to become premium.

1: Make repair costs and ammo costs HALF off for premium account owners.  After all you get this nicer garage, surely that would bring in better skilled workers and help find a better arms dealer......this would help premium account holders make profit or break even rather than lose massive credits per game loss on the tier9+ tank without making it too OP in credit gain (i.e. just increasing credits for loss would exponentially affect winning credits gains).

2: Rewards that increase for amount of time purchased.

So you get the standard 1.5X credit/xp for the 3 or 7 days purchase.

Something like 1.8X credit/xp for the 1 month purchased.

And something like 2.2-2.5X credit/xp for the 6 month purchases.

And finally 2.5-3.0X credit/xp gains for the 1 year premium purchase.  Why so much, well after all you did just support the game with nearly ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS in purchased gold to buy a 1 year premium account, that should be rewards as such.

Just my thoughts either 1 or 2 would reward premium accounts and encourage,draw in,gain more premium holders as the value is more there especially with the increasing rewards for increased money spent.

Drakenred #55 Posted Nov 12 2011 - 20:09

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles
plan C get premium tank AND Premium account.

:Smile_harp:

(which incidentaly is why they will never ever do anything remotly like you sudgest)

cudas28 #56 Posted Nov 13 2011 - 00:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5612 battles
how much will the premunom camoflage cost cause i juts got some gold i just wanna know how much to save and how much to buy?

Drakenred #57 Posted Nov 13 2011 - 06:21

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles
Dont worry about it. if your that worried just dont spend gold on anything.

besides they already said active camo is not in just the normal paintjobs

laserhawk #58 Posted Nov 13 2011 - 20:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 6198 battles
  • [B-B-B] B-B-B
as a spg driver i was wonder why there  hasnt been  smoke  rounds added to  the  game it would  actually give a good name to  arty as being  more helpful, now im not saying spgs should have to giveup thier   current loads of ammo god  knows some battles we already  run out what im suggesting  is add a set  number  of smoke  rounds  to each type of arty  and  fix it so only those  smoke rounds can be  used  in that  slot not replaced with live  rounds exmple gw panther  carries 30 rds  live  ammo  in the  future what im suggesting would be  30live maybe 10 smoke rds but at  no time  should  the smoke  be replaced as live  rds. also missing from  our  current ww2 type tanks are   the  fact that with the use of the  t-50-2 and  the chaffee being used in main line  battles why they werent also  fitted  with smoke  engines as  in the  real tanks battles both these option were used as tatics in ww2  and i  think what im  sugestting  will only  help in the  7,0 patch as it will lend to the fog of war effect as the players will be able to control  the  use of  fog/smoke just as it was  done in  real battles. sorry if  to  long but ive been thinking a long while about this and  why as real as  wot tries to keep it factual this  hasnt already been   used thank you

Drakenred #59 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 09:02

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles
1) smoke as it is now kills the frame rate on most current graphic cards that are currently in the game, in fact there adding an option to turn off smoke.
2) currently the game cant realy cope with changes in existing destructable static cover (trees, fences and "buildings". (destoyed buildings is about the best it can handle currently and knocked down trees just dont provide cover once there knocked down, and thats part of the reason why some of the existing structures are suprisingly indestructable while others are actualy transparent)

Agentice #60 Posted Nov 15 2011 - 00:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16379 battles
Spoiler                     

Nice tip toe around the rest of my post :P

Speaking about the "No Damage Penetrating Rounds" effect,
I could probably make an accurate approximation of why it happens, having seen the games hit models and xml data.

Why I say approximation, instead of just "accurate", ties into the questions I asked prior:

-How much penetration is lost for rounds that first penetrate tank modules (I.E. Tracks, Optics or Gun/mantlet)  before impacting the armor?

- How much penetration is lost for rounds that have deflected off a tanks armor?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users