How does WOT work?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

immel #1 Posted Nov 13 2011 - 18:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 1130 battles
Hi all,

I am a new tanker and have been playing this game for only about two weeks. I have also been spending a lot of time on the forums reading trying to understand the way things work. There is one thing that eludes me that I was hoping some of you may have the answer to.

I like to drive around with my T-26 its a Tier II Russian tank not very fast but pretty sturdy with a decent cannon. I finally managed to get enough $ together to get a camo net for it which is awesome. I have been doing alright with it but lately I am always on the bottom of the list when joining a battle. I am thrust into battle VS Sherman's, KV's, T-34's, hell I even had Tiger's and Panther's against me. I understand the value of recon and the role that light tanks play on the battlefield and why they must be included. But there are higher Tier light tanks like the T-50 or the Leopard that can fill this role.

My question is what is the point of sending a lowly Tier II T-26 to get slaughtered in a battle in which it is completely outmatched. I can't even scratch the paint off those monsters let alone put a dent in them! Is there anything I can do to reduce the chances of going up against them? I mean I can hold my own against most tanks that are no higher then Tier IV most of the time, but any higher and I do not stand a chance. Is it because I am playing wrong? Is there anything I can do to improve my game? I am really close to quitting and uninstalling this game so any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

keytosky #2 Posted Nov 13 2011 - 18:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12142 battles
if you are in free platoon, mm may throw you into all kinds of unfair situation.
or play at certain time period where there are lots of low tier tanks around. you can see the number of tier 1 to tierx tank under mm when you go to public battle.
or if you already in the high tier, just use your he rounds on enemy tracks as a sniper to track them-your ally will really appreciate.
even lol can track maus. i see maus bring his lol ally tank for only 1 purpose,it carries only he rounds to hit enemy maus track since lol is quite small and low.

Nerdynoob2 #3 Posted Nov 13 2011 - 18:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11193 battles
It's called HE spam...

Zakume #4 Posted Nov 13 2011 - 18:40

Major

• Players
  • 25622 battles
According to the Matchmaking chart, you cannot be in a battle with anything higher than tier 3. The only way for you to be facing Tiger's and things is if you are platooning with a friend or someone, and they are dragging you up into their games.

Posted Image

immel #5 Posted Nov 13 2011 - 19:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 1130 battles
I am not playing in a platoon just by myself. I will take a screenshot next time I play since I am certain that there were higher then Tier III tanks.
Thanks for the info though

focuslight #6 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 03:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14495 battles
  • [ARCTC] ARCTC
If you are playing in off hour, like 6AM EST.  The server population is low enough that in order to fill a game, they will put a wide range to tanks together.

Before you start to complain about the MM, it doesn't happen when the population online is high like 8-10k.  Only when the pop is around 2000 and you have about 100 game going.

Matchmaker #7 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 03:57

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3826 battles
Hi Immel, add me in game and I'll platoon with you to help you get a better feel from the game if you like.