Entwicklung Series Standardpanzer E75

• Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

c0mp3t3nc3 #1 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 02:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles

POPULAR

Ok, so its that time again that I shall take an in-depth look at another German super tank. this time its the Standardpanzer E75. I shall borrow from the same format as my E-100 thread, since you guys liked it so much. I have been debating internally about this, as this tank is the love of my garage, and I really would hate to be the one to make it seem less like a god in battle and more like a tank. I bounce more shots on average in my E75 than my E100, and the E100 has nice skirts that help you bounce shots easier to compensate for less angle on the front. My goal is to help you prevent your front look like this:

Posted Image

Historical Information
once again, I quote Wikipedia, since it has information that correlates to how Wargaming has envisioned this tank

The E-75 Standardpanzer was intended to be the standard heavy tank to be used as a replacement of the Tiger II and Jagdtiger. The E-75 would have been built on the same production lines as the E-50 for ease of manufacture, and the two vehicles were to share many components, including the same Maybach HL 234 engine. The E-75 would have had much thicker armour however, and in fact compared to the Tiger II the E-75 had improved hull armour all round. As its name indicates, the resulting vehicle would have weighed in at over 75 tonnes, reducing it's speed to around 40 km/h. To offset the increased weight, the bogies were spaced differently than on the E-50, with an extra pair added on each side, giving the E-75 a slightly improved track to ground contact length.

According to some sources, the similarities between the E-50 and the E-75 went further; they were to be equipped with the same turret and 88mm L/71 or L/100 gun, along with an optical rangefinder for increased long range accuracy (German scientists and engineers had successfully designed a 'schmal' or narrow turret and infra-red lighting and sights for use on the prototype Panther F as the war drew to a close). Other sources however, indicate that the E-75 was to be fitted with the much larger Tiger II turret, which could be adapted to accommodate an even more powerful high velocity 10.5 cm gun.

Even though they look similar, the base turret of the E75 is not the second turret of the Tiger II. the stats on the turrets are identical however. This is my favorite tank because just after coming from the Tiger, I thought I would marry my Tiger II, but the E75 has the slopes to make up for the Tiger II's shortcomings in city battles, so I had an affair.

Garage Photos
Oberfeldwebel Muntzel(I lack the knowledge of how to type the accented "u") is going to be the one who joins me in my condemnation from the "Uber E-75 club" and show you several weaknesses to this tank, which could potentially remove it from its "godly" status.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and here is a look at the ammunition costs
Posted Image
The APCR rounds are going to pretty much guarantee you a penetration on any tank, though an angled Maus may still yet be able to bounce- I haven't tested this, because the top gun itself boldy claims a minimum of 246mm of penetration, and the only tanks I have really bounced is off the T95's lower glacis(sometimes), the IS-4's sides, and the Maus. this is godly gun with an ungodly reload time, but when you can deal up to 600 alpha damage in a shot, the damage is worth the wait- and the shell cost

Equipping your tank
Unless you are going to stick with the 105mm KwK 43 L/68, I would NOT recommend using coated optics. most of the battles, you will find this tank is more than adequate with its 460m view range. Improved ventilation helps a great deal in this tank, the Rammer is almost essential in this tank, and Spall Liner will help you minimize the damage from the insane amount of HE shells thrown at you once you start bouncing shots from 2-3 tanks at once. I put on the vertical stabilizer myself as a temporary measure to see how effective it is, however I am spending much less time shooting on the move in this tank, so I will be swapping it back out for ventilation once I have some silver again

Armour Angling
this is a critical part of high tier tanking that you must begin learning from the Tiger H, but by this time, you should be good at it. this tanks sheer frontal armour angles dont need much of a hull tilt to bounce on flat surfaces, but watch out going uphill in these things, and do no less angling than this
Posted Image

that damage to the E100 was from my 128mm to the upper skirt/turret by the way.

General Game Strategies
In general this tank is the very definition of multi purpose. with the 128mm equipped you should be spending your time in the towns and cities of the maps, if the map has any, as these will help you with arty shells that can decimate you. when you have the 105mm KwK 43 L/68- this tank can relive the reputation of the Tiger tank we have all found ourselves disappointed with in- game. I do not recommend using the 128mm KwK 44 L/55 for long range shooting/sniping however- because the gun has a LOT of anomalous misses in long distance, but the high velocity of the shells still can give you decent penetraion. So obviously it comes down to how you wish to play this tank, but it is very successful at either long range sniping or close range bullying, but dont put the 105mm into a bully fight, because 400 damage is not very threatening, and this tank is quite vulnerable if the enemy can get a shot into your sides, and dont use the 128mm in long range/sniping, unless you have a lot of patience. Either way, once you have the 1200HP engine this thing is going to go as fast as the Tiger did, with just as good acceleration, but at almost 95 tonnes, you can damage almost any tank by ramming.

Practical in- game use
So far today- it hasnt been the best day for my pc to be frapsing my matches. I have been suffering unusual lag, but here is one match I did that was ok, up until about a minute before I died- I started getting lag without setting the lag indicators off

This one video is something you should keep an eye on. It has me having a phenomenal repair bill of 600 credits. Correct use of armour angling, moving at a speed so that I am not too far ahead of the rest of my team, and keeping my enemies shooting at my well angled and armoured front prevented me actually receiving HP damage entirely

[media]
*** this thread is a WIP, I am updating it as I go. I am just taking a quick break from typing to take a couple of screenshots and FRAPS a couple of E-75 videos***

c0mp3t3nc3 #2 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 02:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles
*** Placeholder post***

Viper69 #3 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 03:03

Major

• Players
  • 7528 battles
Very nice guide. Just found a small error, not anything technical but I think its a typo, if I am wrong please forgive me.

"Equipping your tank
Unless you are going to stick with the 105mm KwK 43 L/68, I would NOT recommend using coated optics. most of the battles, you will find this tank is more than adequate with its 460m view range. Improved ventilation helps a great deal in this tank, the Rammer is almost essential in this tank, and HE will help you minimize the damage from the insane amount of HE shells thrown at you once you start bouncing shots from 2-3 tanks at once. I put on the vertical stabilizer myself as a temporary measure to see how effective it is, however I am spending much less time shooting on the move in this tank, so I will be swapping it back out for ventilation once I have some silver again"

The bolded and underlined thing I am assuming was meant to be "Spall Liner"

Drunken_Walrus #4 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 03:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15279 battles
I eagerly await this, your E-100 thread was great. Keep up the nice work.

c0mp3t3nc3 #5 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 03:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles

View PostViper69, on Nov 14 2011 - 03:03, said:

Very nice guide. Just found a small error, not anything technical but I think its a typo, if I am wrong please forgive me.

"Equipping your tank
Unless you are going to stick with the 105mm KwK 43 L/68, I would NOT recommend using coated optics. most of the battles, you will find this tank is more than adequate with its 460m view range. Improved ventilation helps a great deal in this tank, the Rammer is almost essential in this tank, and HE will help you minimize the damage from the insane amount of HE shells thrown at you once you start bouncing shots from 2-3 tanks at once. I put on the vertical stabilizer myself as a temporary measure to see how effective it is, however I am spending much less time shooting on the move in this tank, so I will be swapping it back out for ventilation once I have some silver again"

The bolded and underlined thing I am assuming was meant to be "Spall Liner"
Thanks Viper, I will get right onto that. I cant believe I missed that error. I shame myself already for the wrong reasons. lol

View PostRankor1, on Nov 14 2011 - 03:06, said:

I eagerly await this, your E-100 thread was great. Keep up the nice work.

thank you. I should have this finished by tomorrow. I am just running through and doing up a couple of videos to show off how to use this tank in real time combat

Viper69 #6 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 03:30

Major

• Players
  • 7528 battles
Its a great start, dont beat yourself up :). You got a +1 from me  :Smile_honoring:

c0mp3t3nc3 #7 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 03:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles

View PostViper69, on Nov 14 2011 - 03:30, said:

Its a great start, dont beat yourself up :). You got a +1 from me  :Smile_honoring:
thanks. I am still feeling a little like I am betraying my E-75 by posting this information for anyone to have a squiz at.lol

The_Phalanx #8 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 05:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 6816 battles
I enjoyed your review and I share your affinity for the E75.  I would like to know what mod you have installed for the OTM and HUD on your screencaps.

Thanks

c0mp3t3nc3 #9 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 05:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles
I just used the OTM mod, and Overcross

mmike87 #10 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 12:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13804 battles
Thanks for these guides. They are very informative and very helpful.

c0mp3t3nc3 #11 Posted Nov 14 2011 - 13:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles
thanks. its good to know that people are learning from them

Toasted_Rofls #12 Posted Nov 15 2011 - 02:37

Major

• Players
  • 9759 battles
Everything I fight seems to be able to pen my lower glacis. Wat do

Also, nice guide, I think this will help me a lot. I just got my E-75, and I am hoping to destroy all those IS-4's who picked on me while I was in my Tiger H without mercy.

c0mp3t3nc3 #13 Posted Nov 15 2011 - 05:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles
well IS-4's are almost a completely fair fight against the E-75. their side armour is bouncy, but the Lower glacis of the E75 when angled about 37 degrees- will bounce even a T 30 shell. the first post has an example of the MINIMUM amount you should be turning your hull for a lower glacis shot. always out the corner forward that reveals the least lower glacis too, so if the building you are using as cover is on your left, you will tilt your hull towards the left. it doesnt always bounce
(you have to take into account the random penetration roll)but it will bounce a decent amount of shots. on average my records show me taking 22+ hitsin a game. those games I have a decent survival on too

bond100 #14 Posted Nov 15 2011 - 18:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28584 battles
  • [RELSH] RELSH
EXCELLENT! Keep up the good work.

doom44 #15 Posted Nov 15 2011 - 19:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3138 battles
Pretty good guide. I will use it once I get the E-75.  :Smile_honoring:

Oh, and I noticed I was in one of those videos.  :Smile-playing:

c0mp3t3nc3 #16 Posted Nov 16 2011 - 07:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles
hehe, lucky

Sealteam6 #17 Posted Nov 16 2011 - 11:13

Major

• Players
  • 12434 battles

View Postdoom44, on Nov 15 2011 - 19:02, said:

Oh, and I noticed I was in one of those videos.  :Smile-playing:

Hope you kicked some in it!

Another Quality Thread Pup, keep up the great work!

c0mp3t3nc3 #18 Posted Nov 16 2011 - 12:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles
thanks!!!!

KFAJ #19 Posted Nov 16 2011 - 16:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17394 battles
  • [DCU] DCU
Nice thread. I myself plan on getting an E-75 eventually, but I'm going to go down the German med line because of some of the shared components with the heavy line like engines and guns, etc. Also, One thing I wanted to say was that when the IS turned the right side of his turret to you, you should have shot him in the turret because that's where some of the ammo is stored. IDK how much HP the rack has but 490 damage should do alot to it. When I had an IS, alot of the times my ammo rack was damaged because someone shot me in the right side of the turret. Anyway, good post and +1 from me.

AbsoluteRoyal #20 Posted Nov 16 2011 - 16:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25833 battles
"boldly claims a minimum of 246mm of penetration" this is a typo, 185mm pen for AP and 233mm pen for APCR is the minimum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users