Entwicklung Series Standardpanzer E75

• Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

c0mp3t3nc3 #21 Posted Nov 17 2011 - 01:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles

View PostAbsoluteRoyal, on Nov 16 2011 - 16:27, said:

"boldly claims a minimum of 246mm of penetration" this is a typo, 185mm pen for AP and 233mm pen for APCR is the minimum.
  the gun itself makes this claim

AbsoluteRoyal #22 Posted Nov 17 2011 - 04:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25833 battles
That is the average penetration. Not the minimum

c0mp3t3nc3 #23 Posted Nov 17 2011 - 04:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles
I never said minimum. it implied maximum penetration and to be honest, I have never bounced off the guns minimum penetration ever. the only tanks I bounce are angled IS-4's, IS-7's, Maus, E100, and high Tier US turrets in general

c0mp3t3nc3 #24 Posted Nov 19 2011 - 04:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles
honestly Galen, spending 6 mill on the E100 is a BIG investment, however once you get around the new tank syndrome in the E100(play it like the E-75, but with more hull- down and angling) it will quickly become one of your favourite tanks.

I am grinding multiple trees now I have my E100, and I have to say, nothing quite feels like either of the 2 E- series tanks I have in my garage.

I have found that the Ferdi itself is rife with issues(namely speed) that the jagdtiger fares worse at. if your not too keen on playing your E100 as a support, or playing it more aggressively, then I would suggest you play as the Maus, which is a darned good tank, despite its 20Kph speed limit(the reason why I am getting it last.lol)

kampfer91 #25 Posted Nov 19 2011 - 14:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16158 battles
  • [AKAGI] AKAGI
Both tank is good , but 6 mil of credit.... , well no matter , because the E-100 have the ability to farm for credit , it will take a while though , i suggest you drive another tank suit for grinding credit
I missed my E-75 , have bought another slot , but need 3 mil credit  :(

c0mp3t3nc3 #26 Posted Nov 19 2011 - 14:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles
see- I am determined that I will marry my E75.

if only bigomy was allowed, then I would have my E75 in one arm, and my E100 in the other

I will be uploading more E-75 videos once the Oceanic Tournament is out of the way. Team SP-1B is really kicking ass though- I must say

Toasted_Rofls #27 Posted Nov 19 2011 - 17:00

Major

• Players
  • 9759 battles
More games in my E-75! Time for some more impressions!

-The frontal armor will bounce nearly everything. In fact, the only tanks you need to worry about being able to reliably pen your upper glacis seems to be the T30. Bouncing E-100's with the troll cannon from the top glacis is easy, and T34, IS-4, and with it, seeing as they mount the same gun, IS-7, other E-75 and VK4502 Ausf.B, and, like the IS-7, the Maus, which shares the same gun as the one mounted on the tank before it, shots all cannot go through it with any reliability, if at all.

-Lower glacis is still the EZ-button. I will try to angle it more in the future.

-Moves like a medium tank in every way possible except top speed.

-The 128 **** **** up. I wish it was a bit more accurate however... kinda weird to go down the sniper tank line, only to end up with the direct successor to the the most feared sniping tank of all time having a gun that has issues hitting stuff at range, or so it seems like. IRL if this gun had been mounted on the E-75, and of course, the E-75 had been produced, it most likely would have been knocking out basically everything at pretty much any combat range with extreme ease. Perhaps I just need to learn2aim, but my trust long 105 seemed to be better for engaging stuff at a distance.

-Rear armor is actually stronger then the side armor due to slope. No one seems to realize this. Many lulz are had watching crazy stuff bounce of my rear armor. People think they can just shoot at it for an insta-pen, but I bounced a Type 59 off of it.

-Arty always aims at me. It's like I'm one of the biggest threats on the battlefield or something. http://forum.worldof...e_veryhappy.gif

-Makes me money, good amounts actually, much to my surprise. Hell, I make money on losses most of the time. Either this tank is very money efficient, or I am better with it than I think. Most likely the former, my area of performance seems to be medium tanks and light tanks.

-Incredibly good looking, but I still like the looks of my King Tiger better. Speaking of my King Tiger, I still have it, but sadly, will not be able to play it very often as my clan needs more T30 obsoleters E-100's.

-Finally, I can take on IS-4's head to head and get my revenge from when they just laughed at me when I encountered them in my VK3601 and Easy 8. How do you like it when your shots are the ones bouncing and my shots are the ones ruining your day, you stupid Soviet easy-mode tank?

Overall, I am very happy with my E-75. It plays exactly like the tank that came before it, which I know how to play. It makes money, looks good, and blows stuff up, and in the end, that's all that matters.

c0mp3t3nc3 #28 Posted Nov 19 2011 - 17:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles

View PostToasted_Rofls, on Nov 19 2011 - 17:00, said:

-The 128 **** **** up.
well put. simple and straight to the point. its imba in medium range combat

anhktepot #29 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 22:20

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostToasted_Rofls, on Nov 19 2011 - 17:00, said:

Overall, I am very happy with my E-75. It plays exactly like the tank that came before it, which I know how to play. It makes money, looks good, and blows stuff up, and in the end, that's all that matters.

This is precisely the way I feel in my E-75 too! It looks WAAAAY cooler than that russian IS-4 nonsense! Germans sure had a way to make their tanks look imposing and uber-like! Is it better than the IS-4? Probably not, but they are quite evenly matched I would say.

c0mp3t3nc3 #30 Posted Nov 22 2011 - 02:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles

View Postanhktepot, on Nov 21 2011 - 22:20, said:

This is precisely the way I feel in my E-75 too! It looks WAAAAY cooler than that russian IS-4 nonsense! Germans sure had a way to make their tanks look imposing and uber-like! Is it better than the IS-4? Probably not, but they are quite evenly matched I would say.
the 2 are almost perfectly evenly matched, like the IS-3 and the Tiger II.

I am almost at my IS-4(I just gotta convert the stored up experience once I get some money again), so I will be able to play a couple of hundred games in that to do a data sample, but my experience in the E-75 tells me that it depends on the driver, since while the IS-4 has super bouncy armour, it takes someone with sniper experience to be able to pick out the weak spots at a distance, and those weak spots are being patched up in 7.0 apparently

Just a heads- up:

I am back to playing in my E-75 now that I have finished in the Oceanic Tournament.

There is a really good game I am rushing to upload to show you guys exactly how you need to play the E-75 in city battles. the only damage I took in it was to the left and right tracks. a total repair bill of 600. if people on a standard account played their E-75 like I did in this match, they would never have money issues. Take note of every small thing I do, because its not just one single act that I do, I put myself into various situations in the one battle, and I bounced shots from an IS-4, Lowe, and VK4502B, amongst some smaller, less powerful guns, but all shots went to my lower glacis, and I made each one bounce, or my tracks absorb them. Later on, I may do a commentary on it, but for now enjoy the video- which will be up in about 90 minutes

Toasted_Rofls #31 Posted Nov 23 2011 - 11:00

Major

• Players
  • 9759 battles
I now have 70 games in my E-75. I'm not sure how, actually, it felt like a lot less. I guess time goes by quick when you are having fun, and boy, I am having fun.

The E-75 is most likely the perfect heavy tank. It has a ton of firepower, but the DPM is moderate as a trade off. The frontal upper glacis is immune to everything at its tier save TD's and other heavies, as it should be. The top speed is nothing special, but the handling and acceleration in phenomenal for a heavy tank. You have a lot of HP for when you need to soak up hits. You only have one frontal weakspot, and if you are skilled, you can mitigate it quite often. The module damage is moderate, as is the crews likely hood of being taken out. Everyone sees you, even tier 10 tanks, and thinks "I do not want to fight this." You can pen the front of any tier 10 tank, except perhaps the Maus (Haven't gotten to fight a Maus yet, so I don't know) if you aim will, and the only thing that will be able to bounce your shots from the front besides the Maus (perhaps) is the T95.

This is easily the most capable tank I have ever played. I thought that when I first got my King Tiger, I thought that when I went from my Panther to Panther II, but I can say without a doubt this tank is amazing, and something absolutely nothing can ignore. At first I was angry at the lower glacis being so easy to pen, but then I realized I was overlooking how amazing everything else is on this tank, and I just had to type this little professing of my love for the E-75 story up and post it here.

This tank is amazing, the grind for the E-100 is going to be a very, very pleasant experience. This is like the T-50 grind all over again, I feel like I am being rewarded for going through a awful grind to get this, but I didn't, I just came from the King Tiger, which is like the E-75 lite. I guess the Tiger H was awful enough that the devs deem me determined enough to have nothing but awesome tanks to grind after it.

TL,DR: E-75 kicks more ass then I expected, and I expected it to kick a lot of ass.

kampfer91 #32 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 12:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16158 battles
  • [AKAGI] AKAGI
From '' Ask and reply ''
Will you do something about the E-75 front hull armour? It’s almost impossible to hit it with a 260mm penetration gun even though the armour is only 160mm.  

* Not just yet, but we will.
OMG ,please , don't nerf the armor , cus E-75 still can be penetrated from the front  :o , and why we can't have a tank that have bouncy armor like the IS4  :( ( not exactly bouncy but it does ! )

c0mp3t3nc3 #33 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 15:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles
yeah, I was wondering about that, cos when I see an E-75 rolling towards my Lowe, my first shot is to the tracks, to throw it off to one side, because I can still just as easily bounce as I can penetrate, depending on his last second hull adjustments

MaxL_1023 #34 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 34880 battles
I find even angled 25 degrees Lowes auto-pen my front lower plate, it's just not strong enough to bounce 234 penetration unless you have a terrain edge.

c0mp3t3nc3 #35 Posted Nov 25 2011 - 00:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles

View PostMaxL_1023, on Nov 24 2011 - 16:30, said:

I find even angled 25 degrees Lowes auto-pen my front lower plate, it's just not strong enough to bounce 234 penetration unless you have a terrain edge.
thats because the Lowe has one of the best penetrating guns in the game

Kristine #36 Posted Nov 25 2011 - 07:25

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 25170 battles
Odd. I angle my E-75 like what you did on the video and still, even IS-1's penetrate everything on my  E-75..... Overall, i'm not really pleased with this tank so far.  But, i'm still going to give it a chance.

c0mp3t3nc3 #37 Posted Nov 26 2011 - 05:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles

View PostKristine, on Nov 25 2011 - 07:25, said:

Odd. I angle my E-75 like what you did on the video and still, even IS-1's penetrate everything on my  E-75..... Overall, i'm not really pleased with this tank so far.  But, i'm still going to give it a chance.
an IS tank flat out should not be able to penetrate an E-75 frontally when angled unless they are really lucky. the E-75 has 160mm frontal armour, and when you angle it at about 30 degrees, it gets the sloped armour boost of almost 190-200mm iirc. the D-2-5T has up to 175mm frontal penetration, its AP shells dont do much more. on top of that, the D-2-5T has horrendous accuracy as well, which means that at mid range shooting distance, a shot to the centre of the lower glacis is just as likely to hit the front of the turret, or knock out a track. the D-25T gun has the same frontal armour penetration, but fires faster- however is still just as likely to miss its destination than the D-2-5T.

You have had troubles with the Tiger(H), which is understandable. However you still had the same issues when you got the Tiger II, and now the E-75. Dare I say you try another faction for a little while? I did this with both Soviets and USA, and found myself missing all the small and good things about ALL German heavy tanks. You need to be able to look at the enemy's gun position, where its aiming, and then be consciously aware of how your turret and hull are positioned. that screenshot of my angling against the E100 is a bad example, and only worked because the E100 used the 150mm gun, which has 9mm less penetration than the 128mm gun. if you want an example of how you can use effective turret angling, have a look at my Unstoppable E-75 video, which I will post again below:

there is also another video I posted which shows the true way you can bring an E-75 down easily:

I got whupped in multiple angles of attack, mainly on my side, or the side of my turret. I did pretty much all I could to to shield myself from the brunt of attacks from my front and single out the tanks attacking my sides and rear, but its like a grasshopper fighting against ants.

Kristine #38 Posted Nov 26 2011 - 05:40

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 25170 battles
Except the frontal fires, I never had much issues with the King tiger compared to the E-75 who is underperforming for me.  

c0mp3t3nc3 #39 Posted Nov 26 2011 - 05:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles

View PostKristine, on Nov 26 2011 - 05:40, said:

Except the frontal fires, I never had much issues with the King tiger compared to the E-75 who is underperforming for me.
thats not what I remember seeing you type when you jumped into it initially.lol

but watch how I use my frontal hull and tracks to shield my HP completely. It only works in city maps most effectively however, because you have walls protecting your sides- which are the most vulnerable part of your tank

Posted Image
thats how the front of my tank looks after I play in a city map with ineffective angling. If you use effective angling like I do in my unstoppable E-75 video, you should find the front of your tank looks less like this

Kristine #40 Posted Nov 26 2011 - 05:56

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 25170 battles
^Lol, looks like swiss cheese. Still, i'm not going to give up on this tank no matter  how bad it's performing for me....I'm just going to set my mind that im playing a KT instead of an E-75 and perhaps that would fix it.. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users