Players Questions and Developers Answers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
772 replies to this topic

Vallter #1 Posted Nov 18 2011 - 19:28

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles
Hi all!

You probably know me from contests, events, news and YAWR topics.

Since Overlord moved to Developers team I will now answer on your questions in this thread. Let's wish Overlord luck and us good cooperation!

I want to remind you the following:

In this thread you can ask Developers about WoT things you are interested in.

This thread is being regularly cleaned up so that only players' questions and developers' answers remain.
In order to retain readability, developers' answers can be grouped by amount of up to dozen in a single post posted below.

Edited by Rampage_316, May 05 2012 - 02:45.

Vallter #2 Posted Nov 18 2011 - 20:36

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles
[quote name='fatkiddown' timestamp='1320148966' post='1057016']
Thanks for taking the time to do this Overlord.  2 more:

1. My last fav tank game was SSI's Panzer General from the mid 1990s ('94?).  In that ancient of games, you could custom name any unit.  Loved that.  Short question: any plans to allow us to name our tanks whether others can see it or not? (Better if others can see it).  I _so_ want people to see my JDT as "Religion."

2. Any chance of a static dossier per tank?  I.e., click on tank and hit "history" to see a scroll/the scroll that run active in bottom left, or some variation thereof?
[/quote]

Unfortunately, no such plans for now.

[quote name='Mizar_Panzer' timestamp='1320150782' post='1057061']
Thanks for the reply.
One more question:
Since the last arty poll, what will be done to the SPG mechanics, since it has always been one of the most complained-about aspect of the game?
thanks.
[/quote]

There are no plans to change current SPG mechanics.

[quote name='pauli' timestamp='1320164250' post='1057521']
could you please clarify this slightly? there are three premium tier 8 heavy tanks; one can't be purchased, one is 7500 gold, and the other is 12500!
[/quote]

The price of this premium tank will be adjusted according to it's performance. It does not means, that the price will depend on the technical characteristic. It will be chosen according to it's credit and XP income.

And we will be able to announce the final price only after the public test of this vehicle

[quote name='Gherig' timestamp='1320169016' post='1057798']
Overlord, this next round of testing on the Test Server, will we see the removal of the Server Tags (_US, _EU, _RU) after player names?  It would be nice to see more focus on Testing each round, then Team Killing and Nationalism issues.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, for now we are forced to use tags. Because in other case it will be a real issue for the data base, if two players from different servers have the same nickname.

[quote name='CaddoPuma' timestamp='1320170309' post='1057865']
Would this be a one-time choice or could a person change which maps he excludes, based on the tanks he is running at a given time?
[/quote]

We are currently testing different mechanics. Player will be able either to choose maps he excludes for different types of vehicles or exclude them for all vehicles. Of course, the filter will be changeable.

[quote name='hinkdad' timestamp='1320171686' post='1057938']
I have searched the forums and cannot find an answer to my following question.
Are there plans to improve the "global rating" system to better reflect the actual skill of the tanker?
As an example please look at the following tankers profile:
http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1000335215-Deadblue/
Because of his avg exp per battle he is ranked very high on a global scale, even though he has less than 200 battles. He could leave this account alone and "squat" on that spot throwing rankings off for everyone.
[/quote]

Yes, there are a lot of plans to improve and expand statistics and Global rating. Unfortunately, this feature has low priority, so I cannot provide you any ETA

[quote name='Arzoo' timestamp='1320184251' post='1058600']
Well... actual post-war features would be nice. Will it get any?

I hear that tumor on top of it was specifically designed to cause absolutely no damage to the tank when blown off. Will that feature be implemented?
[/quote]

Nope, such feature along with laser-guided missiles, nuclear bombs and Internet won't be implemented -)

[quote name='sweenytodd' timestamp='1320200366' post='1059444']
im pretty sure we understand that, why is this possible? what hit (especially a penetrating one) could damage a crew member or internal module with no other damage to the tank?  and why do some HE shells destroy a module and achieve nothing else?
[/quote]

This is how game mechanics work. It won't be changed, but we will improve the situation slightly soon

[quote name='aVmuse' timestamp='1320223510' post='1060182']
I'd could possibly be that even though the T-54 it has 294 pen, it also does 70 less damage then either the E-50 or Patton, and that could be balance, but it makes no sense why the pattons is worse then the E-50's and yet costs more
[/quote]

Patton has better RoF.

[quote name='SAMM66' timestamp='1320241417' post='1060614']
Overlord,

This is a yes or no question and we have a healthy debate ongoing about the topic.

Was the Type 59's game performance adjusted in any way since it was first introduced as a premium tank?
[/quote]

Nope, no changes were performed to Type 59 since it's release

[quote name='Herr_Klug' timestamp='1320247258' post='1060918']
Might as well post this question here too.

Can we expect the premium super jumbo deluxe boxed retail copies of WoT (with special retail only vehicles) this holiday season?
[/quote]

There are plans to do some, but this only thing I can say for now

[quote name='Haggar' timestamp='1320255981' post='1061331']
Overlord
A couple questions.  
I don't know about anyone else, but I have concerns about the camo skin effect on the game.  Last night I had a T34 disappear less than 100 meters in front of me and then reappear in another position.  Which basicly means me drove right in front of me and I didn't see him.  My concern is how much of a boost is the gold camo skin going to give a tank or TD hiding?

These changes were noted on your blog
[/quote]

Camouflages won't affect this. This is one thing from game mechanics - server checks disclosure of a vehicle and also releases scout checking beams every few seconds.

So this means that the 'scout beam' was produced by server second or 2 after the T34 got in your observation sector.  The disappearance can be explained if the T34 was not scouted by you at that moment but one of your allies, who lost it from his line of sight.

For 8.8 L/71 will the rate of fire be nerfed to achive this change?  For which tanks? Tiger?, KT?, PII?, or E-50? or all.
[/quote]

There final changes will be performed after the Public Test. I can't give any details before it, because anything I say on that matter will probably change. So it will mean that I've gave to you not trustworthy information-)
For IS-3 will we lose the experience we used to get T-10 turret?
[/quote]

You will receive another turret instead.

When are the changes for the Russia Heavies coming?  I forgot what you had posted before.   :o
[/quote]

In Q1-Q2 2012

Thanks
[/quote]

You are welcome-)

[quote name='Ferrumkit' timestamp='1320269413' post='1062011']
I don't mean to sound like a downer but I am curious about how the US tree, heavies in particular, are going to cope with the new slope + penetration mechanics. I have noticed a trend of almost nill US heavies running around in most battles I get in, save for those that seem to be hell bent on grinding their face to get the premium + garage slot, What balancing measure will the US tree get to offset the many setbbacks it has compared to it's counterparts? Perhaps lower repair costs?
[/quote]

Do not worry, we will find one way or another to maintain them balanced with other nations.

[quote name='hiipanda' timestamp='1320337859' post='1064139']
Overlord, I was wondering if the Tiger will get a new model when you introduce the skirt armor in update 7.0. Will the change be like comparing the panther and panther 2 where there is a visible skirt armor or will it only be implemented in a less visual way while still retaining the same ingame model?

Also has the matchmaker been been adjusted before the update to allow newly purchased tanks lower teir spreads? I just purchased an IS and i only fought tier 8s and tier 7s at times where my other tier 7s would fight tier 9s.
[/quote]

It will probably retain the same game model.

Yes, you are right about the recent MM changes. Now players can upgrade their vehicle and get used to it before facing the biggest threats possible.

[quote name='hazywater' timestamp='1320354311' post='1064973']
If you're going to have a tank lockout of 7 (!) days in CW, then the US tree needs a second heavy or medium branch. With that lockout, its better to grind multiple tier 10 tanks, which is ridiculously easy for the russian tree (anyone surprised?).

Overlord, will you put in a second top tier US line or will you leave the US tank tree at a severe disadvantage?
[/quote]

Why the Russian tree? It won't receive the second branch of heavies in the nearest update after 7.0

[quote name='turtle722' timestamp='1320360404' post='1065272']
Can you please share the thinking by having something so dramatic as 7 day lock out for clan wars?  Why not start with 2-3 days see how it affects the game and adjust from there?  7 days seems like a gamebreaker to most of us.

Also, can you share what Wargaming's vision is for Clan Wars?  Are all of these changes to spur as much turnover as possible on the map?  Are they trying to limit clans to only holding a handful of provinces, 3 or 4?  

I think the community would be more willing to accept the changes if we understood the larger context of why the changes were being made, and what the developers vision was.
[/quote]

There will be different time for different Tiers and Types of tanks. Also the term will depend on damage received by the tank.

We want as many clans as possible enter the Global Map and make it harder to dominate large amounts of lands. The last update we implemented for CW showed us, that we are going in the right direction.

Unfortunately, sometimes community can actually receive a real picture of the update a month or two after it, because they sometimes make wrong conclusions and stick to them for a long time.

[quote name='DarkElf' timestamp='1320372209' post='1065858']
1. Any chance for derp premium tank? Something like M4 maybe?
2. Will WoT someday release premium tank that will fill the gap between 1500-1750 gold tier 5 tank and 7500-12500 credit printing tier 8 tank? Too much tier 8 credit printing tank will hurt the MM.
3. How effective will be the new gold camo and credit camo to raise tank camo? Will the new gold camo give much more bonus than the credit camo?
4. Any plan for gold, garage slot + prem tank bundle again? Something like in the pre ordered packaged?
[/quote]

1. Yeah, there is one German TD planned for this-)
2. Yes, we will release some for sure.
3. The camouflage won't give any bonus to camo value initially. It will be some kind of a 'skin' which players currently do. Gold camouflage will be permanent and credit camouflage will work only some time (1-30 days)
4. Not in the nearest future, as far as I'm aware.

[quote name='Nichts' timestamp='1320424364' post='1067185']
One other question I've been wondering about. The Tier 5 premiums are terrible credit generators, worse than their non-premium counter parts in that tier. With my Ram-II, for example, I struggle to get over 15k net profit (without premium.) I can easily hit that in most games with tanks like the Pz4, T1 Heavy, SU-85, or M4 Sherman. At this point, I don't have any real reason to play the Ram-II, as it's not better than non-premiums in any category at all, which makes it a disappointment. Has this been intentionally done, or could we expect a slight increase in credit generation some time in the future for these tanks?
[/quote]

We constantly look at statistics and if we see an issue, we fix it immediately. So if there will be an issue with the amount of credits these tanks gain - we will fix them. Also some improvements of situation you mentioned will come along with new T4-7 premium vehicles.

[quote name='Belesarius' timestamp='1320565156' post='1071528']
What benifit does Wargaming see tank locking bring to the game?  This is possibly a very destructive move on Wargamings part. Many members of my clan are deeply concerned about this, and its affect on our clans ability to compete in UC.
[/quote]

Many clan members were sure that locking the possibility to apply for landing for clans, which have land on the 'continent'. But it actually increased the amount of new clans on the Global Map.

Also I would like do remind you that CW are currently in Beta. That means that if this feature fails, we will remove or change it.

[quote name='turtle722' timestamp='1320702959' post='1075800']
Can you provide us with an update on patch 7.0 as to whether or not it is still expected for November?  I have not heard any mention of it being on test servers, and with the size of it we expect it to be in test for some period.  The last schedule we heard was 7.0 in November and 7.1 before the end of the year.   This is starting to look less and less likely.

Also, can you update the in development section?  There have been bits and pieces of information as to what is in 7.0 from multiple sources, but I cannot find one set of official patch notes that seem to cover all of the things that have been posted.
[/quote]

The public test will start today-tomorrow depending on your time zone. Along with it the new patchnote will be posted.

[quote name='ShermansWar' timestamp='1320974614' post='1085164']
When can I expect garage slots to go on sale for 1/2 price again? i bought gold 2 months ago and have been waiting for slots to go 0n sale again and they havent, and at this point my training is stopped for want of new slots.I will wait untial they go on sale or just not play till they do. Many freinds also await next garage slot sale. When will this be?Veterans day maybe? Also was suprised that you ran event for artillery branch birth but not for birth of USMC, which was today, 1775.
[/quote]

The next month for sure!

[quote name='Hirumaru' timestamp='1321468792' post='1100918']
Player questions, falling on deaf ears, being answered by other players. This kind of nonsense is going to undermine player confidence in actual developer give-a-damn.
[/quote]

No, just some changes in company hierarchy issues-)

[quote name='Hirumaru' timestamp='1321468792' post='1100918']
That being said, when 7.0 rolls out with the new camo system will all old skins be replaced for stock skins? That is, if you currently have a custom skin installed will the patcher check for that and then replace it with the stock skin? Otherwise we'll have a lot of people will some funky looking tanks (on their end) with no ability to amend this issue.
[/quote]

Players will be still able to add their skins. The case is that it will be slightly more difficult now and will require another type of work.

Vallter #3 Posted Nov 18 2011 - 21:18

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostDominatus, on Nov 18 2011 - 20:44, said:

Vallter, any plans to show in the arty overhead view when your shot is being blocked by a friendly vehicle? It's really fustrating when you think you got a perfect shot but end up TKing somebody.

Also, best of luck!

It's difficult to develop currently, but we will look at the issue for sure once we will have enough functional for detecting this

Vallter #4 Posted Nov 18 2011 - 22:21

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostJetuu, on Nov 18 2011 - 21:53, said:

http://img84.imagesh...84/3302/fcm.png
Will FCM 2C have 90/65/? armor, or 45/22/? And what tier?

Or is there no info available to share?  :Smile-hiding:

It will be Tier III-V. This only I can say for now. But we will announce more details pretty soon.

Vallter #5 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 15:43

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostOrkel2, on Nov 18 2011 - 23:48, said:

Q: The Tiger is getting a working mantlet using skirt armor mechanics in 7.0 because of the tank hitbox overhaul. How thick will this mantlet be in mm, taking into account that there will be 100mm of turret armor behind it?

The answer depends on what do you mean. There are three possible variants:

1)If you are shooting Tiger with a gun, which has penetration of the round <100mm - 'We just dinged them' - 0 damage, no critical hits.
2)If you are shooting Tiger with a gun, which has penetration of the round = x, where 100mm < x < 215mm - 0 damage, critical hit of the 'Gun' (probably)
3)If you are shooting Tiger with a gun, which has penetration of the round >215 - damage to the tank HP + critical hit of the 'Gun'

So it's like 100 mm + 100 mm + the loss of round penetration after hitting the module - approximately 215-222 penetration necessary to damage the tank itself. But it's considering, that the shout will go to the gun mantlet and not the turret itself

View PostBelesarius, on Nov 19 2011 - 21:07, said:

Is there any chance of being able to attack a landing zone if you control the territory next to it. The current mechanic measn that if you have your HQ on a landing zone it is pretty much invulnerable if you have a high quality team to hold it.

Nope, this is one of fundamental mechanics, which we are not planning to change at least in the nearest future. Because we do not won't the stagnation of the Clan Wars to happen

View PostHirumaru, on Nov 19 2011 - 21:23, said:

That doesn't even answer my question. My question was about players who had ALREADY APPLIED SKINS which might interfere with the new camo system. That is to say:

Are there any plans—upon the implementation of 7.0 and only then—to check to see if custom skins have already been applied, then replace them with stock files to prevent issues with the new camo system? Otherwise you'll have a lot of players, most likely, with weird looking camo on their end since they may not have the proper backups for all of their tanks.

Please read the question before giving an answer. This is one reason why I am glad that Overlord exchanged hats with someone else. Don't make anyone feel the same about you when you have only just begun . . .

AFAIK, with a patch all custom skins always change on default ones. So with the patch all skins you had will be removed. So there won't be any problem with 'weird' camo.

Is this an answer on your question?

View PostPzmkIV, on Nov 19 2011 - 08:21, said:

Q. Any chance going to be looking at the repair issue for the Tier 4 American TD (T40). Cost is 3 time that of the russian SU-85B  in the same tier.
Cost less to repair the Tier 5 Sherman. Thnxs

Hm. Seems strange. We will take a close look at this issue and either post explanations or fix this.

Vallter #6 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 16:18

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostHirumaru, on Nov 20 2011 - 20:03, said:

"If they don't abolish slavery on the third protest, just give up. They'll never change their mind."

Please keep your mouth shut. People give a damn about these issues. Let them continue to ask their questions. Eventually a developer is going to be forced to give a response. Keeping the pressure up will erode their wall of propaganda and secrecy. Otherwise, this entire thread is pointless if even a single question goes unanswered.

You hear that, Vallter? Leave one single question unanswered and you destroy the entire purpose of this thread. This is not EU or RU. We don't have many chumps in here asking 100 questions a day. Man up and answer them all. Or just delete the thread and admit you all don't give a rat's hairy little arse.

We're tired of being screwed around with.

El Che, revolution needs you! -)

You received an answer from the player some posts below.

Mow_Mow,

No, we are not planning to look at it after 7.0, because we are currently doing it along with collecting the data on MT9 performance after the changes implemented in 7.0.1

View PostOtto_matic_Reiffel, on Nov 21 2011 - 05:26, said:

Hi Vallter

Recently Overlord stated on the EU Q&A that both the King Tiger and JagdTiger have a 120mm lower hull plate. Thing is tests seem to show that the JagdTiger lower hull plate is still 100mm and there is no mention in any patch notes for the JagdTiger getting the lower hull buff to 120mm.

Could you please confirm or deny Overlord's statement. If true, why wasn't it mentioned in any patch notes?

I confirm that JagdTiger has 120 mm lower plate. We also checked the files after your report. Everything is ok.

Vallter #7 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 17:42

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View Postturtle722, on Nov 21 2011 - 17:40, said:

Would it be possible to get a more detailed information on the tank freezing for clan wars?  Is there a table or detailed information on how the duration is calculated that could be shared?

Unfortunately, not now. But soon enough we will announce an article with details of this feature.

Vallter #8 Posted Nov 22 2011 - 08:36

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View Postinphinity, on Nov 21 2011 - 21:47, said:

Can you please clarify what you mean by this? Overlord has previously said multiple times between August and now both on forums and on blog that the M103 itself is ready. Has something changed and now it is no longer deemed ready?

OK. To clarify this I need to explain a bit, what is 'ready' in my opinion.

M103 has been already designed, it's screenshots were leaked dozens of times and can be easily found throughout the forums.

M103 received it's characteristics and was added to internal Test.

But I can't state that the vehicle is ready, if it has not passed the Super- and Common Tests. Because it's characteristics can receive major changes basing on player's feedback and statistics gathered. Like it happened with E-serie on the Common Test.

So the only answer available for me right now is the word 'different'. M103 will be different. That's all I can state.

Some days before the Common Test, after a big period of SuperTest, I normally allow myself to state that the vehicle is more or less ready and give probabilities whether the characteristics will change or not. That's all.

I hope that after this explanation you will understand my answer: 'It's not ready yet and should be tested first'.

View PostVeinless, on Nov 21 2011 - 22:25, said:

Are there any plans to display vehicle equipment as below?

Posted Image

We are constantly working on interface improvement and consider different variants, including the one you added. But it has lower priority than other features (new gave modes,for example).

Also, suggestions are situated in specific forum section, we are constantly looking through it and you can leave your proposals there.

The_Chieftain #9 Posted Nov 25 2011 - 00:19

Military Specialist

• Administrator
  • 12251 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostArzoo, on Nov 23 2011 - 10:20, said:

Why does the stock T34 turret, which is IDENTICAL to the stock T29 turret, weigh so much more? They're the same thing. There is no "addition" to it that could possibly be weighing it down; the tank is literally a T29 yet somehow weighs several tons more. What gives?

Which T29 turret, though? There were at least three turret variants other than the one on T29E3 with the external rangefinders. That the T5 turret weighs more than the original T29 turret would not necessarily be unreasonable, given the differences in drive system amongst any other changes

Vallter #10 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 13:20

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View Postinphinity, on Nov 22 2011 - 08:12, said:

It actually seems to be ping-dependent. If you have a higher ping, there's a high chance that your shot won't count - your client will render it, but the server will decide you died before you shot. I've had this dozens of times.

I confirm that, but it can happen only with a really high ping.

View Postturtle722, on Nov 22 2011 - 16:41, said:

Can we get an update to the in-development section?  I know dates are very fluid and you all are planning on what will be in and what will be out to make fast deadlines.  We would all love to see what is coming in the next 2-3 months:

7.1 - French tanks, M103, first set of crew skills? December 2011?
7.2 - New game mods, more crew skills
7.3 -

Also, can we please see an official list of the new crew skills?  I have seen translated items here and there, but nothing that ever looked official.

I cannot give you an official list of the new skills, since they are currently being tested and some of them can be removed totally.

7.1 - French Tanks, M103, some performance improvements + new maps + some premium tanks
Q1 2012 - Change in the Soviet Tech Tree, some more French tanks and German TD's + new game modes.

I will answer in this way, because features and tanks can be either delayed or made faster depending on their development. So they may or may not enter the specific version. So I can tell only about the updates, which will come soon - 7.0 and 7.1

View PostArzoo, on Nov 23 2011 - 10:20, said:

Why does the stock T34 turret, which is IDENTICAL to the stock T29 turret, weigh so much more? They're the same thing. There is no "addition" to it that could possibly be weighing it down; the tank is literally a T29 yet somehow weighs several tons more. What gives?

This is made completely due to historical accuracy, so you should better address this question to The_Chieftain

View Postenduringfreedom, on Nov 23 2011 - 20:22, said:

If i find someone that is clearly hacking the game what can i do about it? is there a reporting system? or dose WG support hacking there game?

You are free to report about anything you consider an issue to our Customer Service. But I assure you that almost everything is processed server-side, so it's almost impossible to hack the game. Because such hacking can cause only a server hard-restart.

View PostHirumaru, on Nov 24 2011 - 01:38, said:

Yet again, perceive this as "offensive" only if you like proving my point that those with authority only favor sycophancy and deny criticism of any kind.

Given that the last official poll shows a landslide DEFEAT for "arcade" are there any considerations for reducing the spreads for penetration and damage to less ridiculous ranges? Or is the status quo of "World of Blitz 1941 in 3d!" going to be upheld forevermore? Is there any intent at all to reexamine current mechanics or do the developers still maintain their infallibility on all this related to gameplay and balance?

Why is any gun firing shells that either pen for -25% or +25%, Gaussian blah blah blah be damned? Why are damage values so unreliable that any gun can be a peashooter or a Ion Cannon? How is this "diversity" when all anyone is doing is praying to whichever deity they worship that the RNG seed for this match will be favorable? How the hell can anyone justify this as "fun" or "enjoyable"?

http://worldoftanks.com/polls/

Furthermore, any player answer will be considered invalid. This is a Player Questions, Developer Answers thread. Not the other way around.

There are no plans to change in-game mechanics in a radical way, besides adding physics.

View PostB34st_mode123, on Nov 24 2011 - 05:09, said:

i have a question about the easy 8's repair bill, its not expensive, but the normal repair bill costs around the mid 3000 but on my last battle i earned around 5000 creds, but the repair bill cost 4000 creds, im not complainin or anything, just wondering why

It's normal bill. You can receive the detailed report via logs requesting them in our Customer Service.

View PostSpectreHD, on Nov 24 2011 - 08:13, said:

Are there any plans to allow independent suspension for the vehicles in game instead of the wheels now being just solid protrusions out of the hull?

Yes, we are planning to to that and physics will be the first step in that direction.

View PostOtto_matic_Reiffel, on Nov 24 2011 - 13:56, said:

I've noticed on this thread and the same thread on EU forums that there appears to be a bug with the 'Go to first unread post' button. Essentially it goes to a blank page with just the OP on it. Suspect it is to do with posts being pruned as they are answered.
Is anyone looking into this?

Yes, we are currently working on a totally new forums (the changes will be significant, as well as they were with the Portal). With a new engine we will be able to fix the major part of issues current version has.

View Postskatersfriend, on Nov 24 2011 - 23:10, said:

ok so i was on facebook and it said you could "customize and paint" your tank. i clicked thinking it was another game lol nope it was this one. is this true or it just says that?

Yes, it will be added in 7.0 update, which will be released pretty soon! Also you can try it out now on the Public Test and actually take a part in the Development providing feedback in the specific threads!

View PostOtto_matic_Reiffel, on Nov 25 2011 - 02:55, said:

Hi Vallter

Currently the JagdPanzer IV is regarded by most players as the weakest tier 6 TD in game by quite a margin and unofficial stats pages seem to back this up in terms of win rate.

Do the stats that WarGaming have also back up this perception and are there any plans to change the JagdPanzer IV to address this?

I can suggest trying the 10.5 mm gun. Currently, basing on statistics, we do not plan to change the characteristics of the JagdPanzer IV besides of reworked mantlet in 7.0. Probably this vehicle will be slightly rebalanced along with introduction of the second TD line. The tests will show.

Also I do agree that this is not an easy vehicle to handle comparing with Stug III.

View PostFaustianQ, on Nov 25 2011 - 18:45, said:

My suggestion is the following, with obvious adjustments to armament and stats if needed.

PanzerJager I
			   /		   \
		   Stug III	  Marder II
			  |			 |
		JagdPanzer 38D   Marder III
			  |			 |
		JagdPanzer IV	DickerMax
			  |			 |
		 JagdPanther	 Nashorn
			  |			 |
		JagdPanther II   Sturer Emil
			  |			 |
		JagdPanzer E-50  Ferdinand
			  |			 |
		Jagdpanzer E-75  Jagdtiger
			   \		   /
			  Jagdpanzer E-100

I added a T10 TD into the mix because I was also wondering if the devs have considered seriously the potential for T10 TDs. I do no know about the other nations, but at least the US (T110 AT, version 4 of the Chrysler proposal) and Germany (Jagdpanzer E-100) have that potential.

Please, address your suggestions to specific forum section.

View PostOtto_matic_Reiffel, on Nov 28 2011 - 02:46, said:

Hi again Vallter

When will map pings and hotkeys be added to the ignore player feature? This was marked as something missed when ignore was implemented but I haven't heard anything about it since.

It was scheduled to be added along with other

View Postthunderbolt47, on Nov 28 2011 - 03:46, said:

is there any way to change the email your account is linked to?

Yes, if you have important facts regarding the change.

Vallter #11 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 13:21

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostHirumaru, on Nov 27 2011 - 08:07, said:

The last official replay was five days ago.

Why is this thread given such a low priority when it is essentially supposed to be our official, public line to the developers?

Because even Developers have holidays and day-offs ;)

SpectreHD #12 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 15:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16754 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostVallter, on Nov 28 2011 - 13:20, said:

Yes, we are planning to to that and physics will be the first step in that direction.

Thanks very much! This will probably something I will be looking forward to!

[edit]
I have another question.

Why are M10 and M36 US tank destroyers so different than what they were in real life?

Granted they are called Tank Destroyers by the US Army but they performed more like shoot and scoot mediums and not like the slow vehicles they are in game. The M10 in particular had the same performance as the M4 Sherman while the M36 has similar but slightly less performance(due to heavier turret and gun) as an M4 Sherman as well. Furthermore, the M36 does not even get its real Ford GAA engine and its gun depression when using the 90mm. It makes me apprehensive for the upcoming M18 Hellcat when you balance these two vehicles as such. The M10, M18 and M36 were literally fast, mobile vehicles which pack a big punch but sacrifice protection.

If you can implement the French tanks as something that would add some unique and different vehicles, make the US turreted TDs they way they were. They may be called Tank Destroyers but they are far from what this game defines tank destroyers as.

Vallter #13 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 15:38

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostScav, on Nov 25 2011 - 02:07, said:

The plans of fixing the hit boxes of:

Zero Crit Dmg-100
WTF-75
Look Ma, I can bounce arty shells left and right95
GW Typ 9 Lifes

Soon?

PS: I just took 6 hits in a row by 2 arties and some other tanks in my E-75 for ZERO dmg.

The sooner is later and later is sooner, but if it was sooner, how can it be later?

Vallter #14 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 15:40

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostScav, on Nov 29 2011 - 08:04, said:

...and still no answer to my question.. like always.

1 - I can or cannot answer the question. This is not my responsibility, but a desire of communicating with players more.
2 - Looking on your question, I've answered it above in the same style as you asked it!

Vallter #15 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 15:53

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostFaustianQ, on Nov 28 2011 - 16:10, said:

Well, it's not really a suggestion so much as a question with a requirement of a suggestion so as to set a framework for the question, at least from my perspective.

Basically, is Wargaming seriously considering T10 TDs, is what I suggested similar to what they might do/have planned, and finally, as part of the original question, would you consider reducing either the MM spread of the Jagdpanzer IV or decreasing it's tier within the tech tree to be replaced by another tank?

It's less "This is what I'd like Wargaming to do" and more "Is this what Wargaming could have in mind?". You guys know what you want to do and little's going to change that, so I'd rather try to tease information out of you guys then create false aspirations that my suggestion would be taken seriously.

No suggestions will be considered in this topic, even as part of questions. They should go to specific section. Because each suggestion will create discussion and it will be more comfortable for both players and Developers, if only Questions and answers will be here. Also a specific staff member looks through the Suggestions section, compiles them and send to the Developers.

Sometimes issue reports are camouflaged to questions here. This is acceptable. For example, this made us to look at the T40 repair cost. It will be revised in upcoming updates.

As for JagdPz IV, it was answered above in the my post. That's why I've mentioned only the part about suggestions in my answer-)

Vallter #16 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 15:56

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostHirumaru, on Nov 29 2011 - 01:09, said:

What you call "radical" most would call "sensible". Is lowering the spread for your random number generators by half really "radical"? From 50% (+-25%) for penetration to 20% (+-10%), and from 60% (+-30%) for damage to 30% (+-15%) really "radical"? How does that change the game mechanics besides making the game less random, frustrating, and nonsensical? Yes, "Gaussian blah blah blah", but does the spread have to be so high if the majority of shots are going to be in the median range anyway?
This isn't about "radical changes to gameplay" but cutting out useless, unnecessary, artery-clogging fat. Or are you suggesting that all numbers and variables and data points are gloriously designed and thus immutable?
This isn't "radical" nor is it "difficult". The only hindrance is the inability to admit that it might make things better for the average player, instead of constantly screwing them over randomly, a la Overlord's concept of "diversity".
Which you never inform us of. Hence the doubting, skepticism, and doom-saying. Fill us in or be prepared for bitter feelings of abandonment.

Disregarding the laws of High Math is something I call radical.

Vallter #17 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 15:58

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostSgtNathan, on Nov 29 2011 - 02:00, said:

I have read people asking to be switched to another server such as US to EU or US to RU, then them finding out its not possible for some reason. What is this reason? I think I read it was because it was impossible to switch progress between servers as they're not connected? Why is it the test server is fine with this? Players from US, EU & RU playing together with all of their stats intact? Shouldn't that mean theres a link to transfer data across the main servers?

Thanks.

This is something that for now costs the whole Development team a day of work. If we allow this feature before developing functional necessary for making this process quicker, the game will never see more updates.

Vallter #18 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 16:21

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostArzoo, on Nov 29 2011 - 02:26, said:

I heard it said by a developer that certain premium ammunition types lose more penetration per distance traveled than other ammo.

Could we please get an official explanation of what ammunition types receive what normalization and distance penalties? (and please don't link me to the wiki. I'm asking because it doesn't have this info).

Unfortunately, making such list of information in the way, in which it will be understandable for a regular user make it's creation unwise. So we cannot provide anything besides the information, available in Wiki now.

Vallter #19 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 16:24

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostOtto_matic_Reiffel, on Nov 29 2011 - 06:14, said:

Your reply kind of got cut off there. It was scheduled to be added with other things in 7.0?

Yes, I beg my sincere pardon for that.

We were looking at fixing that issue. Currently you can add a player to your ignore list and it will also make his pings 'unhearable' for you. But only starting from the next battle. That is something we are trying to fix and hope, that we will make it along with 7.0.

Also pings can be turned off along with other 'Ambient' sounds in 7.0.

Vallter #20 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 16:30

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostHerr_Klug, on Nov 29 2011 - 12:57, said:

Turret layout. The roomier the turret the easier it is for the crew to function is my guess. The gun will spit out shells as fast as you can load them ... it's not the gun that's the limiting factor.

Also, any mention of when we can expect the premium super jumbo deluxe boxed version for retail sale with the gift only tanks? We know they are ready and being tested on the v7.0 test servers. My guess is not this holiday season, but I wouldn't mind being proved wrong.

Yes, your answer is right.

Though I quite do not understand to which tank exactly do you refer in your question? Since on the test I can remember only the MTLS-1G14 US tank added to the test recently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users