Players Questions and Developers Answers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
772 replies to this topic

Drakenred #141 Posted Jan 22 2012 - 02:47

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles
You basicaly need to start posting in the EU forums on that thread. most of the rest of us started doing that when it was obvious that they did not give a crap about the US team. you need to creat an account on the forum there if you dont have a game account already.

BaddKarma #142 Posted Jan 22 2012 - 16:11

Private

• Players
  • 19556 battles
Is the grid size on all maps the same or does it depend on the map ? I have researched & can't find the grid or map sizes. This information would help dramatically in planing tactics. Thanks.

Zulnex #143 Posted Jan 23 2012 - 04:56

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 7346 battles
Hello,

I was just wondering if the Developers are working on some new engine sounds for various tanks?
Moderators and Developers please accept my apologies if this question has been asked before. I have searched the forums thoroughly.

Thank you.

Vallter #144 Posted Jan 23 2012 - 14:55

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles
[quote name='Orkel2' timestamp='1324159929' post='1201959']
Q:

I have heard that there is a "module saving throw" in addition to the "critical hit roll" if a module gets hit. Do these have something to do with

1) module absorbing entire shell damage, tank health doesn't go down, resulting for example in a destroyed radio within a 100% tank
and
2) module absorbs some of the damage and gets damaged, tank health goes down resulting for example in a damaged ammo rack and the tank going from 100% to 75%

I made a graph about how the critical system might work. Can you confirm or correct this graph?

Spoiler                     

That is my speculation.
[/quote]

There is no any 'module saving throw, AFAI remember.

[quote name='HLS30' timestamp='1324256435' post='1205745']
With the decreased ability of HE to do general damage, and with an EFFECTIVE increase in armor relative to AP, are there any plans to tighten up the tier spreads (especially for arty), make lower tiers more useful in higher tier battles, and if neither, why not?
[/quote]

Yes, there are such plans.

[quote name='Snib' timestamp='1325601581' post='1258484']
Since this data conflicts with the information we were last provided with by mediahead in his Visibility Mechanics in v0.6.4 thread (0.1 to 2.0 seconds) could you provide an update on the visibility mechanics in v0.7.0 please?

edit: I put the same question to Overlord and he said to his knowledge there were no changes, so I assume your post was incorrect. Still going to leave the question here in case you feel it wasn't. Thanks.
[/quote]

This checks depend a lot of the map player plating about. I've requested a total check from Q&A regarding the matter.

[quote name='HanZulu' timestamp='1325616419' post='1259200']
Hi Vallter,

I would like to see larger maps, are they coming in 2012? I heard the Big World engine is capable of having larger maps, but its hard to convert the old ones in the new system. Is that true?
You would keep old players for way longer, biggest issue, the small maps have a very limiting effect on tactics. Thx still love the game, but waiting for larger maps.
[/quote]

We are working on that, but new game modes have much higher priority.

[quote name='Eliminateur' timestamp='1325679809' post='1261976']
Vallter,
Thanks for the response about multi-turret systems (althought seeign hte french tree, it mostly affects the low tier tanks alone ~2 to 4).

i have a new question regarding skirts in some tank models:

• It's very noticeable that the tiger 2 and the jadgtiger(being same hull and all) have the same skirts as the E-series yet AFAIK they don't have it implemented as "skirt armor"(or at least i can't remember seeing any mention of it in the patch notes for 7.0, the tiger 1 new skirts where mentioned though), is this on purpose or it's an accidental ommision in 7.0 to be done on the future?
  • In the IS3 skirt armor was modeled to the mudguard "deck" surrounding the entire tracks, since the IS-4 essentially has the same layout -but even bigger mudguards-, will it have skirt/spaced armor implemented for the front and back mudguards?
[/quote]

We will implement update-by-update 'spaced armour' to all vehicles, which had them historically or could have them, if we take in count E-serie, for example

IS-4 will receive some changes because of it's transfer to Tier 10.

[quote name='FearTheTurtle' timestamp='1325695846' post='1262642']
I originally asked this here, but think it belongs in this thread instead, my apologies if I am mistaken.

Will players ever be allowed to transfer gold, credits and/or whole tanks between themselves? If yes, when might we see this feature? (please note that I do understand that a "Gift Shop" is coming soon, but that is not what I'm asking about here) Also, is the auctioning off of tanks still planned?
[/quote]

We want to increase the security of players account first. Probably connect them to the mobile number.

[quote name='KAOS2U' timestamp='1325709445' post='1263481']
Hello Valter, Happy New Years. 1st off, you guys did a great job with 7.0. Love the graphics, horn when capping, new tank companies! My concern or advice is that no one is joining the Absolute company. It's empty most of the time. I was in one for 45 minutes 1 night and had to get off. 1 of the guys made a good point. They should make Absolute like the company was before 7.0. What I mean is that the points should be brought down to a more realistic level such as 90 so the wait is less and games could start quicker. Don't take my word for it, look for yourselves and you will see that Absolute rarely has any companies in it or barely enough to even get a game going. Other than this I think you guys did a hell of a job. 1 more thing, I would recommend seeing 5 company categories so that tier 7s can get into them. Tier 7s arent able to get into mediums and they are not wanted in champion because they want tier 8s. How about ex: Junior, Medium, Heavy, Champion, Absolute? I think this would be great. Just my 2 cents. Love the game, keep it up! Oh, P.S.S. M103 & T110 soon!
[/quote]

Please, next time submit suggestions to another thread.

We are currently discussing the possibility to re-introduce some previous mechanics for the TC.

[quote name='Quake897' timestamp='1325719868' post='1264220']
Hello,

Any plans on introducing side skirts for tanks as purchasable equipment? I'd love to see an IS-3 or an IS-4 with some skirts :)

Thanks!
[/quote]

No, there are no such plans

[quote name='SpectreHD' timestamp='1325748052' post='1265927']
Thanks for the answer. Now for another question regarding that has been brought to my attention.

Why does the T32 require 6 crew members when in real life, it had 5 and even its hit models only have 5 crew members?

[/quote]

First, hit models are our Intellectual Property and something we don't want neither published nor being spread throughout the Internet. Because this may cause a lot of problems with so called 'hit-box skins' and some other features, which will force us to encode the entire client.

Secondly, it was done to make a simpler the crew transaction from tank to tank. In future there are plans to remove it.

[quote name='dambo150' timestamp='1325809420' post='1269149']
I just came up with this question... when the new physics engine comes out, a tank going downhill will move faster than it's top speed??? (right now it just moves at top speed)
And if that's the case, will it suffer any transmission breaks (like engine recieving damage)???
[/quote]

Nope, it won't accelerate more than his Tip Speed is.

[quote name='Belgarethoz' timestamp='1325847927' post='1270869']
Hi,

Can you give a definate answer to when the russian heavy tiers will be upgraded. I have found several streams in forums saying upgrade 7.2 or 7.3, what one is it..please.
Also if you have the IS-7 do you get the Object 252 (IS-8).

Thanks heaps
[/quote]

The Russian tree will receive some changes in 7.3 (Roughly - March-April 2012)

[quote name='Holeinthehead' timestamp='1325868391' post='1271819']
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjrcccTN-HQ

Can you explain for those who purchased the pre-order packs why their one of unique tanks are no longer going to be unique plz .
[/quote]

They will still be unique, since they were removed from the gift shop.

[quote name='TELEFORCE' timestamp='1325883822' post='1272894']
A question about the the T34 being swapped for the M103:

From what I understand, when this swap happens, the M103 will get all comparable modules to the T34 unlocked.  I also understand that the M103 will be able to use the 105mm gun prominent in the US heavy line, as well as have two 120mm guns.  So if the T34 already has a 90mm and 105mm gun unlocked, does that mean that the M103 will start stock with the 105 and will also have the first 120mm gun unlocked?

There's been talk about this in the US heavy tank forum and none of us are exactly sure what will happen.

Thank you.
[/quote]

You will have to research all new modules, which M103 and T110 will have in comparison with T34 and T30

[quote name='bikebudha1' timestamp='1325901066' post='1274236']
Vallter,

In the sugggestions forum section I had requested WOT update the tankopedia to show where the hit boxes are.  This would allow players to study each tanks and 'up their game' a bit.  I have found, what with the random nature of accuracy and the heat of battle, it is very hard to discover all the hit boxes.  Not to mention WOT just added a French line.  Any chance this might happen?  Thank you.
[/quote]

See the answer above

[quote name='HLS30' timestamp='1325914589' post='1275059']
Is there any change planned to the way camo is purchased? I and other players are leary of buying camo now and being locked into that specific scheme if something nicer looking comes down the road. Maybe instead of purchasing camo itself, make it so that you just buy "3 color camo" and then can choose any of the available options at will.
[/quote]

There a lot of discussion about that, but no changes will be implemented in 7.2 for sure. In future - probably the system will change or probably not.

[quote name='Enaris' timestamp='1325960443' post='1276861']
When the T34/M103 switchout occurs, what will happen to "partially researched" T34?  For instance, say I have the tracks researched on the T34, but not the turret.  Those are both parts unique to that tank.  Will I have those parts likewise researched on the M103? Or will I be back at the beginning?
[/quote]

The full transaction process will be described in details prior to 7.2 release. Please, follow the news

[quote name='captking' timestamp='1325990673' post='1278496']
Are there plans to Give the B1 a Better gun.  Right now a TIERIV Heavy is out classed by a TIERIV Light...

B1 vs AMX40

Speed AMX-40
Gun AMX-40
Armor AMX-40

As per the what the Devs have said in the past,  Game balance trumps Historical accuracy.   So are there plans to give a Boost to something on the B1 to bring it on par with a LIGHT TANK???
Thanks
[/quote]

For now there are no changes planned. But once we will have enough statistics (end of January), we will look closely on all vehicles again, since the French were added. Probably vehicles will receive some rebalance.

[quote name='hazywater' timestamp='1325991211' post='1278522']
Can you tell overlord to update his blog with something? If he's sick, tell him to take his vitamins.
[/quote]

This was answered in YAWR. Please, take a closer look to it passing by the link!

[quote name='Ridder' timestamp='1326062427' post='1281886']
My question has to do with the latest patch 7.1.

According to the patch notes the side armor of the T95 was supposed to be increased... this has not happened at all. Can you guys please shed some light on why this was not done and if it was done, indicate what the exact increase was from prior to current?

Thx
Ridder
[/quote]

It was slightly increased. If you found any issues with it, please, send a detailed report to our Customer Support. They will investigate the issue and report it as a bug, if necessary.

[quote name='Sypher9' timestamp='1326064179' post='1281986']
Dear WG,

Is the AMX 40 missing a gun upgrade? Both the garage picture and in-game score card show the tank with the default "duck" turret sporting a weapon that is comparable in length to the T-34's 57mm. Was this gun upgrade cut at the last moment and the picture never changed?
[/quote]

At testing phase we had incorrect historical data about the gun. Once we received new information from our Paris colleagues, the gun on the tank was redesigned. Though the old picture remained. It will be fixed in upcoming updates.

[quote name='Mizar_Panzer' timestamp='1326066379' post='1282090']
Dear Vallter,

Last year, Overlord mentioned a planned Matchmaker Overhaul this year. Any news on that?
[/quote]

We are currently working on it. Probably, we will announce some information soon.

[quote name='blade12444' timestamp='1326070127' post='1282325']
why do all the french tanks have low hitpoints? They have no amour should they not all basically get a 10% hit point increase to compensate. They are glass canons And they dont even get them to the higher tiers
[/quote]

This is their payment for good guns.

[quote name='jo2special' timestamp='1326086421' post='1283311']
Can you tell us, when is the exact date when those tanks that were pulled out of the gift shop will be coming back? will there be more premium tanks available at the gift shop?
[/quote]

There are no plans to introduce the 'pulled out' tanks, besides the Type 59 and the KV-5. Yes, the gift shop will be developed for sure and include more premium tanks in future.

[quote name='jo2special' timestamp='1326158180' post='1287058']
Is it possible for us NA server player to purchase or accept gift from a RU server?
[/quote]

Nope, the gifts are server connected.

[quote name='Tarlafic' timestamp='1326200008' post='1288702']
The KongZhong.com said that there will be Type-62 in 7.1 wot,I want to know if it is true and only for Chinese game?
[/quote]

In 7.2 and probably it will available for the Chinese server only, since there is still an issue with the amount of High Tier premium vehicles.

Vallter #145 Posted Jan 23 2012 - 16:43

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles
[quote name='by7antine' timestamp='1326224579' post='1290064']
Will the price of HE ammo be adjusted downwards in keeping with its downwards adjusted ability to do damage?  Currently the HE ammo for the Russian 107mm costs more than the AP ammo and yet there is very little reason to use the HE, even less given tat it costs more.
[/quote]

WE are currently discussing the possibility to increase the HE damage up to 20%

[quote name='Mow_Mow' timestamp='1326263387' post='1292275']
Can a relative timeframe be given for French TD and SPG? For example, before or after Russian tree changes, Q2 2012, etc.?
[/quote]

Yes, you are correct. Q2 2012.

[quote name='W4lt3r' timestamp='1326278610' post='1292757']
Is there a change in the ammo count coming for Batchat?
The current 30 rounds feel quite small for a tier 9.
Upping the amount to 36 or maybe even 42 while using 100mm seems acceptable.
[/quote]

If there will be an issue with it's statistics, it will receive a fix for sure. The main idea of his low ammo is a balance price for the auto-loading device.

[quote name='Orkel2' timestamp='1326288227' post='1293013']
Q: What kind of camo do the french T5-7 lights have?

Terrible/Bad/average/good/excellent? I know you can't put out specific numbers so an approximation for each of the three lights would be sufficient.
[/quote]

Different. That's only I can state about the estimations. Though for scouting the Tier 5 LT from other branches will preform better, because they were designed for Scouting. But this is correct for Tier 5-6 French LT only, IMO

[quote name='Drakenred' timestamp='1326315041' post='1294404']
ok let me see if I have this right

T34 has 1 too many crew now, its going to send that extra crew to the T103

T30 has 1 Too many crew now, Its sending 4 of its crewmen to the T110 keeping 2 and getting 3 100% crew as replacments?

Russian tanks the one surpus crew is simply going to the baraks, the KV2 and other new tanks are getting spawned with a new 100% crew no need to move partial crews here right?
[/quote]

This will be announced along with the news article regarding the 7.2

[quote name='SportyGuy' timestamp='1326333373' post='1295642']
I have two questions on the handy aiming reticle available if you press 0 while holding down Caps Lock. It's often refered to as a "server side aiming reticle".

1. I would like to know if that is done locally from calculations taking place on the client based on current ping, movement, environment, road hazards, etc., or is that more information coming back from the server to display on the client?

2. It has to be enabled at the start of each battle. Why isn't that the default aiming reticle?
[/quote]

The 'server side aiming reticle' was not intended initially to be used by players and was added for testing needs. Though because of many requests we have not made it accessible for the Devs only, we do not plan to develop it any further.

[quote name='8112204' timestamp='1326337516' post='1295888']
Back in old game versions it was possible to edit the flags located at each team's base by re-colouring the files, "mle037_Flagstaff_blue.dds" and "mle037_Flagstaff_red.dds". Since more recent updates, this no longer works.

Is it still possible to create customized flags, and if so, where are the new files located and if they are no longer .dds files, how would one go about editing them?

[/quote]

We will add some more comfortable functional for replacing some default graphics (for example, tank skins) client side on player-made ones. Probably, we will re-introduce the possibility to change flags in it as well.

[quote name='Tarlafic' timestamp='1326338343' post='1295954']
Another question...Will there be something like physics engine in the future?or it will only come in WOWP?Many Chinese players want to know this.
[/quote]

Yes, you can find details in my previous answers.

[quote name='smashervt' timestamp='1326392540' post='1298242']
Why am i not a beta tester? It says i joined in march but i remember when the gold game in everyday about 250 gold a day and i had tanks and stuff. Recently i started playing again and all my stuff was gone like a new tank? I dont mind it but i remember i was playing this game in beta.
[/quote]

Please, contact our Support Department regarding the issue.

[quote name='hem1spheres' timestamp='1326416620' post='1300254']
Everyone playing high tier tanks needs more silver.  When you introduce premium tanks that make a lot of silver, they get purchased in droves leading to the Lowe price increase and today's announcement that the Type-59 is being removed from the in-game store.  By your own admission the Type-59 affected the matchmaker adversely: http://worldoftanks....-store-removal/

Overlord has a post on his blog discussing the ability to make your own tanks (tier 1-8, no arty) into premium-like credit earners (earn +50% credits): http://overlord-wot....-discusion.html

This was brought up again in the Type-59 announcement forum discussion ( http://forum.worldof...p?/topic/83629- ), see post #7, currently at +84.

I would happily turn 1 or 2 of my tanks into permanent premium credit earners.  I would assume a tier 8 would be between Lowe and Type-59 in pricing and that lower tiers would cost less.  This would allow players to use the tanks they like to play to earn credits.  You would have a wider range of tanks being used to earn credits, hopefully alleviating matchmaker issues and it can't be that hard to implement.  Assuming you have correctly balanced credit earning, a flat 50% increase across all eligible tanks sounds fair.

Has this been given any more consideration?
[/quote]

1 - please, post your suggestions to other thread.
2 - the feature is currently being discussed.

[quote name='Ecthel013' timestamp='1326419002' post='1300410']
What does damaging the fuel tank do? I read around that it increases the chance of catching on fire by 50% in the Archived Player Questions & Developer Answers thread, but someone pointed me to a dev answer on the Russian forum that contradicts this, so I'm rather confused.
[/quote]

Well, the 'Yellow' indicator for a module means that it is below 50% of HP. Once HP will go down to 0, the module will get totally broken. For the Fuel Tank specifically - it will set the tank on fire. So, roughly speaking, yes, 'yellow' fuel tank increases the chance of fire on 50% -)

[quote name='osallivan' timestamp='1326440963' post='1301507']
So straight forward to my question:

I live in Toronto, Canada. Obviously I had to register and download the US version of the game. BUT, I do speak Russian and would like to know weather if there is a way to set the game language to Russian (I want to hear Russian voices in Russian tanks...). What if I will download the EU version of the game, will I be able to play on US servers, or will it automatically try to connect me to EU servers? (I know the EU version has Russian). I just don't understand, was that a big problem to add Russian localization to the US version!? (especially that it is a Russian game)  <_<

If there is no way to set up Russian, I suggest and request it in future updates!
Also, in my humble opinion, that system with 2 different clients for the game, is a little confusing...

Sincerely,
Alex aka osallivan
[/quote]

Unfortunately, there is no official Russian language pack for NA server client, but you will probably find a fix throughout the forums.

[quote name='Glythe' timestamp='1326625746' post='1309783']
Do Win/Loss Statistics have any influence on the matchmaker?
[/quote]

No, they does not.

[quote name='45Hawk' timestamp='1326666350' post='1311478']
1. It seems to becoming more common for teammates to rub each other to the point of a duel during the game, which hurts their teammates. What happens to these jokers?
2. I was a real tanker, and it takes quite awhile to fix a track under ideal conditions, I can't imagine trying to do it combat, and yet it happens to be repaired quite quickly.
[/quote]

1. They receive a repair credit penalty.
2. We decided to make it like it is in the game currently, since in other case 'World of Tanks' would convert in 'World of Turrets' soon after the match begins.

[quote name='CanIhaztank' timestamp='1326682809' post='1312351']
Is there a plan to modify CWs in a way where tier5 lights get to be useful?

Will there ever be a Build your own tank mode?
[/quote]

1)The usability of this or that vehicle depends on clan's tactics only.
2)No, there are no such plans. At least for now.

[quote name='Tiker' timestamp='1326745052' post='1315104']
I have a question about experience. Where exp. goes after all crew skills are 100 %?
[/quote]

All XP tanker earns goes to that specific tanker. Afterwards, you are able to distribute it on skills. The limit on offers for now does not means the insufficiency of funds -)

[quote name='Glythe' timestamp='1326834941' post='1319586']
When you revamp the match maker would you please bear in mind that currently there is no reason to keep a tier 7 tank? This greatly reduces the number of these tanks in circulation and as a result makes match making worse. There is no reason to keep a tier 6 tank either with the exception being for tier 6 company battles (and most people don't get involved with these judging by the ever present low number of companies. There is little reason to keep a tier 5 tank in the same regard because you tend to get mostly only tier 8 games where you just get turned into a flaming heap. I know when I got my Lowe I sold a few tier 8 tanks because it became my tier 8 vehicle. I have a few tier 8 tanks but I am only keeping them because they lead to tier 9 things. Even less people play the champion company than people play the medium company (about 1/3 as many I would guess).

What's the point I'm trying to make here? People tend to only keep tanks that actually get fair matches with the match maker. The most obvious examples are tier 9 and 10 tanks because they literally can't be too outclassed. The same trend holds with tier 1-2 tanks.

Can we please have a system where tanks can get a tank no more than two tiers above them? That would mean a PIV might see a tiger but it would never see a Lowe, 59, E75 or a Maus.

I believe people mentioned that back in the beta if you had 3 skills fully trained you had a "black box" skill that was basically a place holder for skill 4 which of course never showed up.

I'll be pissed if I don't get to start a 4th skill for my crew that is almost done with skill number three when that patch hits.
[/quote]

There are plans to make MM tighter.

[quote name='Reklaw' timestamp='1326866738' post='1321423']
I have a question. Why does Wargaming have such contempt for the NA server's population that we have no representative and have to use our own player base to answer our own questions?

I have to go to the EU forums and even the RU forums to find out anything, much less have any contact with someone who has any influence on the game. I don't care what your personal life or time is like. SerB answers questions every day. Overlord answers questions every day. If your existing help can't do the job, find someone who can, and do it immediately. The lack of respect and concern you show for this server is unacceptable, especially considering we're the ones paying the most hiked up prices for gold across all three. A lot of us are upset about the new American line, for instance, and the only way to voice concerns about it is to apparently have Russian posters translate our concerns (and theirs, too, from what I've read) to the developers, themselves. I shouldn't have to make any number of passive aggressive posts on an internet forum for that to be a sign that something is very wrong.
[/quote]

Because for me addressing player concerns has more priority than answering questions. For example, along with The_Chieftain we are currently addressing existing issues with M36 (Ford engine etc) and T110 (hull shape etc) vehicles, making YAWR's along with other CM's, taking part in MM changes discussions etc. I'm deeply sorry for leaving this thread without answers for a long period of time and promise to do my best and return to my day-by-day answers.

Plus to that, unfortunately,I'm a human being, just as all of you, that's why I have rights to fall ill -)

P.S. I was waiting for such post-) I'm glad that you have not disappointed me-)

[quote name='billytheid' timestamp='1326972275' post='1326075']
1). Are the rumors of a British-ish based tank tree founded?

2). Most importantly; will this tree be named the Commonwealth Tank tree as it must include the AC(Australian Cruiser)series ranging from Mk.1 to (paper)Mk.4My link and the heavily armoured Canadian GrizzlyMy link?

The idea of a Commonwealth tree has been raised many times in the suggestions threadMy link and I was wondering if Wargaming is considering it?

3).  If a Commonwealth tree was implemented would it be possible to include a variety of nationalities/armies?  The Royal Armoured Corps for England, ANZACS for Australia and New Zealand, The Royal Canadian Armored Cops and so on?  These small touches would mean quite alot to a great deal of people.
[/quote]

1) We will post the rough tree once there will be a more or less stable variant. But you will see Crusader there, IMO -)

2) There are some plans to add Australian tanks as premium ones. Unfortunately, I cannot give you details on the rest for now.

[quote name='justniz' timestamp='1327009184' post='1327959']
I was surprised by the recent heavy nerfing of the IS-4.

After a long grind I finally got my IS-4 (just after patch 7.1), and was very disappointed with its competetiveness. I was surprised to find that it feels like it may actually be worse than the IS-3 I "upgraded" from.

Since the most recent patch, the IS-4 now has less armor value on the front than the sides. Is it really true now that (if I cant avoid being shot) I should try and take hits on the side and rather than the front? That seems to make no sense. I cant believe anyone would design a tank like that. Is that historically accurate?

The IS4 feels a lot weaker going up against any other tier 9 tank, and I read the next patch will move it up to tier 10. Are you also planning to re-adjust its stats (upwards this time) to make it more competitive?
[/quote]

The IS4 only received a bug fix in recent updates, that's all. The IS4 will be moved to Tier 10 in 7.3 only.

[quote name='Piper44' timestamp='1327020443' post='1328757']
Is there any plan to use weather to add more realistic settings. Many tank battles not only occurred with favorable weather as history has proven. Many battles occurred during a rain storm or snow storm and that would definitely add more danger to the game and balance some of the "long shots" from hidden opponents. Believe me I love being the TD hidden and taking long distant shots.

While on the topic of weather is there any plans to develop early morning and evening or even night combat?
[/quote]

Yes, the first variant will be added with new light effects and day-night changing on the maps. Though the weather effects themselves would probably be added a bit later.

[quote name='TK3600' timestamp='1327117204' post='1333484']
when will we have new achivements?
[/quote]

Soon after 7.2 probably.

[quote name='Drakenred' timestamp='1327196877' post='1336414']
You basicaly need to start posting in the EU forums on that thread. most of the rest of us started doing that when it was obvious that they did not give a crap about the US team. you need to creat an account on the forum there if you dont have a game account already.
[/quote]

Really?

[quote name='BaddKarma' timestamp='1327245063' post='1338091']
Is the grid size on all maps the same or does it depend on the map ? I have researched & can't find the grid or map sizes. This information would help dramatically in planing tactics. Thanks.
[/quote]

The maps have different sizes.

Vallter #146 Posted Jan 23 2012 - 16:45

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostZuluBravo, on Jan 23 2012 - 04:56, said:

Hello,

I was just wondering if the Developers are working on some new engine sounds for various tanks?
Moderators and Developers please accept my apologies if this question has been asked before. I have searched the forums thoroughly.

Thank you.

Yes, but it has low priority.

FrodoTSolo #147 Posted Jan 23 2012 - 16:49

Captain

• Players
  • 31103 battles
If matchmaker is having problems dealing with excess tier 8 premiums, why not add some credit generating lower tier premiums (or alternately, boosting the existing credit generation on the non tier 8 premiums).

Mow_Mow #148 Posted Jan 23 2012 - 16:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11916 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
W00t! Valter returns! :Smile_honoring:

It seems that lately WG has missed out on some Wargaming TV translation/subtitling. Would we (NA server) be able to view these in an English context (subtitle/voice) soon; and in the future will these releases come closer to the RU version?

EDIT: Another question.

Today there was a patch (23 January 2012), what was the content of it?

Vallter #149 Posted Jan 23 2012 - 17:30

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostFrodoTSolo, on Jan 23 2012 - 16:49, said:

If matchmaker is having problems dealing with excess tier 8 premiums, why not add some credit generating lower tier premiums (or alternately, boosting the existing credit generation on the non tier 8 premiums).

This is a cure for the symptom, but not the disease itself.

View PostMow_Mow, on Jan 23 2012 - 16:51, said:

W00t! Valter returns! :Smile_honoring:

It seems that lately WG has missed out on some Wargaming TV translation/subtitling. Would we (NA server) be able to view these in an English context (subtitle/voice) soon; and in the future will these releases come closer to the RU version?

EDIT: Another question.

Today there was a patch (23 January 2012), what was the content of it?

The video content is something we are working on with all the NA team. Hopefully, we will start generating even more content than RU server does this February. About the WG TV - we will do our best to translate the current ones and release the u[coming videos simultaneously.

This will be announced within some hours on the Portal. Just follow the news!

FaustianQ #150 Posted Jan 23 2012 - 19:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18664 battles
Vallter, is there a reason you never answer my questions? You make me feel unloved  :(

To bring them up again

1. Why haven't the devs used this as the base for the T110E5, from Hunnicutt's "Patton".
Posted Image
Is there some source that contradicts this? What is the more authoritative source?

2. Is the soon to be Chinese WZ-111 the same as the Type 122? They both use the same tank as a base (the IS-2/IS-3), but the WZ-111 seems to explicitly stated as a heavy tank, while the Type 122 was a medium tank. If different, is there plans to bring both into the game?

Drakenred #151 Posted Jan 23 2012 - 22:25

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles
ok how are you going to handle the "oddball tanks" when it comes to crew skills

for example the T1 and M6 has 2 guners, M2 has 2 radio operators, many french tanks dont have loaders, and others(batchat) only have 3 crew

lostwingman #152 Posted Jan 23 2012 - 22:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22361 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostVallter, on Jan 23 2012 - 16:43, said:

Different. That's only I can state about the estimations. Though for scouting the Tier 5 LT from other branches will preform better, because they were designed for Scouting. But this is correct for Tier 5-6 French LT only, IMO
Well, first I'm going to disagree and say that the Chaffee and VK2801 weren't really designed for scouting, they are more damaging harassment tanks that have a limited ability to scout. Whether by the Chaffee's better ability to passive scout and the VK28s ability to rush scout in mid game. Kind of like the Patton and T-54 in CW, TC, and very high level pubs.

Anyway, that's just a pet peeve for me. What I want to ask is, what is this "In game novice training" in the 7.2 development notes? I have not heard about this before and I get the feeling that even after public test and the patch is implemented, it might be awhile before we understand that well.

joel9507 #153 Posted Jan 24 2012 - 00:54

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 32115 battles
  • [TACBR] TACBR
I am sorry if I just failed search 101, but I cannot find anything authoritative (i.e from actual WoT staffers) on how the painted camo schemes function (or don't) in 7.1.

The specific questions:

1) do the painted camos affect when your tank gets 'lit up', or are they just visual and make it possibly harder for the opponents to clearly see you when targeting?

2) if the painted camo schemes do affect when/whether your tank gets 'lit up', does the match between the camo and the cover have any effect?  (i. e.  , compared to an unpainted tank, would a 'winter camo'  scheme in Swamp get you lit up from farther away, help hide you anyway, or have no effect?)

Drakenred #154 Posted Jan 24 2012 - 01:23

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles

View Postlostwingman, on Jan 23 2012 - 22:26, said:

What I want to ask is, what is this "In game novice training" in the 7.2 development notes? I have not heard about this before and I get the feeling that even after public test and the patch is implemented, it might be awhile before we understand that well.
they have been kind of mentioning it on the RU forums. thats why it was in my spoiler.other than that I dont know myself.

speaking of that I need to update it

before I delete that line and replace it with the link to the feature list my old spoiler had

7.2: clan logos, basic tutorial, new crew skills, M103, T110, secondary US TD line, probably some premiums (?JT 88mm?) 1 map

VirgilHilts #155 Posted Jan 24 2012 - 18:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16650 battles
On the subject of "average damage" we've been told that the actual damage done, outside of ammo rack explosions, will be the average damage, +/- 25%. So, for example, a weapon with 400 average damage should do no more than 500, no less than 300, again, outside of ammo rack explosions and vehicles with less than the minimum amount of damage in hit points left.

However, after being knocked out last night in battle, I watch two IS-4 tanks duke it out, by themselves. I saw one tank hit the other 4 times in a row, and no shot did more than 200 damage, two shots did less than 100 damage. These were all hits, with AP. I'm using the over target markers mod, so I have begun to pay attention to these things, as it appears to be a constant thing, not a rare thing, and often determines the outcome of not only individual fights, but entire battles.

So, is it true, that all weapons are supposed to do their average damage, +/- 25%, on any penetrating AP shot, or not?

FaustianQ #156 Posted Jan 24 2012 - 19:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18664 battles

View PostVirgilHilts, on Jan 24 2012 - 18:06, said:

On the subject of "average damage" we've been told that the actual damage done, outside of ammo rack explosions, will be the average damage, +/- 25%. So, for example, a weapon with 400 average damage should do no more than 500, no less than 300, again, outside of ammo rack explosions and vehicles with less than the minimum amount of damage in hit points left.

However, after being knocked out last night in battle, I watch two IS-4 tanks duke it out, by themselves. I saw one tank hit the other 4 times in a row, and no shot did more than 200 damage, two shots did less than 100 damage. These were all hits, with AP. I'm using the over target markers mod, so I have begun to pay attention to these things, as it appears to be a constant thing, not a rare thing, and often determines the outcome of not only individual fights, but entire battles.

So, is it true, that all weapons are supposed to do their average damage, +/- 25%, on any penetrating AP shot, or not?

Do you have a replay file?

Eliminateur #157 Posted Jan 24 2012 - 20:12

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15719 battles

View PostVirgilHilts, on Jan 24 2012 - 18:06, said:

Yes, it's true, no exceptions.
Did you know the IS4 can use FOUR different guns, and two of them are visually very similar?(BL-9 and S-70) , but with very differente damage outputs.
my guess is that one of them was using the bl-9 and having low damage rolls, they could also have been HE

Eliminateur #158 Posted Jan 24 2012 - 20:18

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15719 battles
Also, Vallter
a question a little for the future about the soviet tree rework about the is4 to tier 10 change:
this leaves 2 empty tier 9 positions:

IS3 ---> ??? --->IS7
KV4 ---> ¿IS10? ---> IS4

i've watched the full tree but since it was mentioned that some tanks where shuffled and that the IS6(o252 IIRC) was premium, they're no longer valid...

so, ¿what tank replaced the IS4 on the 3 to 7 line?
or i mixed the paths and IS10 goes in that path.
is the ST-1 then the tier9 tank for the is4?

Mow_Mow #159 Posted Jan 24 2012 - 23:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11916 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
I though it was

IS-3 -> T-10/IS-8 (Formerly Object 252/IS-6) -> IS-7

KV-4 -> ST-I -> IS-4

USSR Tech Tree

VirgilHilts #160 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 01:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16650 battles

View PostEliminateur, on Jan 24 2012 - 20:12, said:

Yes, it's true, no exceptions.
Did you know the IS4 can use FOUR different guns, and two of them are visually very similar?(BL-9 and S-70) , but with very differente damage outputs.
my guess is that one of them was using the bl-9 and having low damage rolls, they could also have been HE

No HE was being used. Even the BL-9 shouldn't be doing 60-90 damage at 75% of average, but it was. The entire 4 shot string he said was AP, not HE, and with the BL-9 at 390, per shot, the minimum should be 292.5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users