• 15243 battles
when do we get the Type 62 and the WZ111

Whyan #163 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 03:34

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 5995 battles

View PostDrakenred, on Jan 25 2012 - 03:28, said:

when do we get the Type 62 and the WZ111

We don't. It's a chinese server only thing.

Q. When is the JT 88 slated to be released? From what i know the model looks like it has been completed a few months back, so what's the hold up on it?

Otto_matic_Reiffel #164 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 04:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7046 battles

View PostEliminateur, on Jan 25 2012 - 01:42, said:

but Mow, the O252 was moved to T8 premium, that tech tree is outdated by now
That's why it's the IS-8 now as the tier 9 (also known as T-10 post Stalin)

lostwingman #165 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 08:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22777 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

He did say in there that it was formerly the Obj252...anyway it's the T-10 now, and the ST-1 for the IS4 tree.

Mow_Mow #166 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 09:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12058 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

My understanding is that it was a direct replacement of Object 252 with IS-8/T-10. But of course, things could have changed in the meantime.

Noble #167 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 10:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7325 battles
With patch 7.2 coming out within the next month and rumors of the US TD's completed. Is there anyway we can see any screenies of them? Most of us are quite curious on the T25-2 and T28 P. As well as what has happened to our beloved Hellcat.

Vallter #168 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 12:15

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostFaustianQ, on Jan 23 2012 - 19:17, said:

Vallter, is there a reason you never answer my questions? You make me feel unloved  :(

To bring them up again
1. Why haven't the devs used this as the base for the T110E5, from Hunnicutt's "Patton".
Posted Image
Is there some source that contradicts this? What is the more authoritative source?

2. Is the soon to be Chinese WZ-111 the same as the Type 122? They both use the same tank as a base (the IS-2/IS-3), but the WZ-111 seems to explicitly stated as a heavy tank, while the Type 122 was a medium tank. If different, is there plans to bring both into the game?

We are considering different designs of T110 and there are still a lot of discussion about the hull shape.

You will be able to check it out on the common test, but currently there are no plans to add it to the main NA server.

View PostDrakenred, on Jan 23 2012 - 22:25, said:

ok how are you going to handle the "oddball tanks" when it comes to crew skills

for example the T1 and M6 has 2 guners, M2 has 2 radio operators, many french tanks dont have loaders, and others(batchat) only have 3 crew

It is simple: vehicles with more crew members will have an advantage in comparison with the crews with few crew members. For example, this will be one of 'weak parts' of French tanks.

View Postlostwingman, on Jan 23 2012 - 22:26, said:

Well, first I'm going to disagree and say that the Chaffee and VK2801 weren't really designed for scouting, they are more damaging harassment tanks that have a limited ability to scout. Whether by the Chaffee's better ability to passive scout and the VK28s ability to rush scout in mid game. Kind of like the Patton and T-54 in CW, TC, and very high level pubs.

Anyway, that's just a pet peeve for me. What I want to ask is, what is this "In game novice training" in the 7.2 development notes? I have not heard about this before and I get the feeling that even after public test and the patch is implemented, it might be awhile before we understand that well.

This is an educational mode which will help the new players get into the game and it's mechanics. It will be similar to training mode in many other game projects.

View Postjoel9507, on Jan 24 2012 - 00:54, said:

I am sorry if I just failed search 101, but I cannot find anything authoritative (i.e from actual WoT staffers) on how the painted camo schemes function (or don't) in 7.1.

The specific questions:

1) do the painted camos affect when your tank gets 'lit up', or are they just visual and make it possibly harder for the opponents to clearly see you when targeting?

2) if the painted camo schemes do affect when/whether your tank gets 'lit up', does the match between the camo and the cover have any effect?  (i. e.  , compared to an unpainted tank, would a 'winter camo'  scheme in Swamp get you lit up from farther away, help hide you anyway, or have no effect?)

Currently camouflage has only aesthetic functions and does not have any influence on camo ratings. Though 'Adaptive Camo' consumable, which will have such  bonus, is planned to be implemented.

View PostDrakenred, on Jan 24 2012 - 01:23, said:

they have been kind of mentioning it on the RU forums. thats why it was in my spoiler.other than that I dont know myself.

speaking of that I need to update it
before I delete that line and replace it with the link to the feature list my old spoiler had

7.2: clan logos, basic tutorial, new crew skills, M103, T110, secondary US TD line, probably some premiums (?JT 88mm?) 1 map

7.2 - http://worldoftanks.com/en/development

View PostVirgilHilts, on Jan 24 2012 - 18:06, said:

On the subject of "average damage" we've been told that the actual damage done, outside of ammo rack explosions, will be the average damage, +/- 25%. So, for example, a weapon with 400 average damage should do no more than 500, no less than 300, again, outside of ammo rack explosions and vehicles with less than the minimum amount of damage in hit points left.

However, after being knocked out last night in battle, I watch two IS-4 tanks duke it out, by themselves. I saw one tank hit the other 4 times in a row, and no shot did more than 200 damage, two shots did less than 100 damage. These were all hits, with AP. I'm using the over target markers mod, so I have begun to pay attention to these things, as it appears to be a constant thing, not a rare thing, and often determines the outcome of not only individual fights, but entire battles.

So, is it true, that all weapons are supposed to do their average damage, +/- 25%, on any penetrating AP shot, or not?

They were probably not using the Top gun. Also why are you so sure, that they have used AP rounds?

View PostEliminateur, on Jan 24 2012 - 20:18, said:

Also, Vallter
a question a little for the future about the soviet tree rework about the is4 to tier 10 change:
this leaves 2 empty tier 9 positions:

IS3 ---> ??? --->IS7
KV4 ---> ¿IS10? ---> IS4

i've watched the full tree but since it was mentioned that some tanks where shuffled and that the IS6(o252 IIRC) was premium, they're no longer valid...

so, ¿what tank replaced the IS4 on the 3 to 7 line?
or i mixed the paths and IS10 goes in that path.
is the ST-1 then the tier9 tank for the is4?

Since The_Chieftain asked me to reserve it for Community gathering, I will answer your question only after the 26th of January-)

View PostWhyan, on Jan 25 2012 - 03:34, said:

We don't. It's a chinese server only thing.

Q. When is the JT 88 slated to be released? From what i know the model looks like it has been completed a few months back, so what's the hold up on it?

In 7.3 probably. We want to investigate the current situation with Premium tanks quantity on Top Tiers first.

View PostNoble, on Jan 25 2012 - 10:40, said:

With patch 7.2 coming out within the next month and rumors of the US TD's completed. Is there anyway we can see any screenies of them? Most of us are quite curious on the T25-2 and T28 P. As well as what has happened to our beloved Hellcat.

Actually we plan to release a video-) Follow the news.

Otto_matic_Reiffel #169 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 13:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7046 battles
Hi Vallter

Any chance we can get any details on the server cluster update that happened yesterday?

Stuff like:
Support for more players?
Where is it located / did it actually move?
Still with Caronet?
Is it actually running better than the last one?
Are you using it to compute pi?

Eliminateur #170 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 14:09

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15719 battles
Vallter:
Is there some kind of feedback on the ingame reporting system?.

because right now it feels quite pointless as you don't know if your request are ignored, processed, if the offending player gets a banhammer or walks away scot-free.
I've also read about the "quality" of the reports that is being used to take your reports seriously or not, but without ANY kind of feedback how do i know what my "quality" is apart from my subjective opinion?

Also, the complain choices are lacking:
for example you have a player that drives straight to a rock and stays there all game, maybe not a bot but you don't have any other choice than to report him as one as there isn't an "AFKer" option.
There's also no option for "intentional disruption of gameplay", like griefers/purpose-firendly-damagers/headless chicken rushers, in what category do i report a player that's blatantly ruining a game?, insults?, bot?, we then come to the matter of lack of feedback and quality issue...

each ingame report should be handled like a support case, with an email feedback and a case number and also including what actions where taken against the offending player, not a "we'll consider what to do", because "considering" does not compel me to keep doing reports when i'm in the blind about what happens to the offender.

FaustianQ #171 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 17:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18727 battles

View PostVallter, on Jan 25 2012 - 12:15, said:

We are considering different designs of T110 and there are still a lot of discussion about the hull shape.

You will be able to check it out on the common test, but currently there are no plans to add it to the main NA server.

Thank you for answering my questions :Smile_honoring:

If you do change the design of the ingame T110, will this further delay 7.2, or would you release 7.2 and then change the model later?

So we get to try out the WZ-111 on the coming test server? Does this include the Type 62 as well?

NightMist1 #172 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 19:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23740 battles

View PostEliminateur, on Jan 25 2012 - 14:09, said:

Vallter:

Also, the complain choices are lacking:
for example you have a player that drives straight to a rock and stays there all game, maybe not a bot but you don't have any other choice than to report him as one as there isn't an "AFKer" option.

There's also no option for "intentional disruption of gameplay", like griefers/purpose-firendly-damagers/headless chicken rushers, in what category do i report a player that's blatantly ruining a game?,

So report everyone that doesn't play the way you do, makes total sense.

Many people will go to a rock, bush or building and camp there, you call it AFKer.  Not your style of play?  Fine; however, it is not up to you to decide they are playing wrong either.

as for rushers, again, it is not up to you to decide who can and cannot rush.  

Why must people conform to your style of play?

This is the problem with the reporting system, people use it for the stupidest crap.  I bet the Dev's get hundreds of Bogus reports due to people just bitching about everyone else.

You obviously think you are a great player, but I am here to tell you right now I will play how I want and if you don't like it, well I am here to tell you:  Go stuff a banana in your tail pipe!

Off-Topic post and failure to follow thread instructions.
1 day R/O

~/SgtGrunt

Drakenred #173 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 21:41

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles
@Noble Goha.ru sometimes gets leaked or offical pics before you see them here, in fact they recently pulled about 11 screens from WOWp off of there forums yesterday right after they were posted

@Valter I copied that out of my old sig, I tend to update it every couple of days since you guys chat about things in diferent places, and you cant put any kind of link in your sig (for obvious reasons)

That said how far down the line is the French Light medium line ? Im assuming no sooner than 7.5

Lieutenantgeneral #174 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 22:23

Private

• Players
  • 4825 battles
I have ongoing problems with finding the IP address through DNS. I have spent I don't know how much exchange experience in repairing my tanks biong kicked out of server, and not to mention how many games frustrated.
Can someone please explain what I need to do here.

Thanks for your Concerns in advance in helping me
LGeneral

Moonrider #175 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 22:42

Major

• Players
  • 35531 battles

View PostLieutenantgeneral, on Jan 25 2012 - 22:23, said:

I have ongoing problems with finding the IP address through DNS. I have spent I don't know how much exchange experience in repairing my tanks biong kicked out of server, and not to mention how many games frustrated.
Can someone please explain what I need to do here.

Thanks for your Concerns in advance in helping me
LGeneral
This should help: http://forum.worldof...-of-lag-issues/

justniz #176 Posted Jan 25 2012 - 23:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 22979 battles
Like everyone, I have experienced being hit while hidden behind 'indestructible' objects. For the longest time I put it down to my own lack of skill in not being as covered up as I thought, or possibly splash damage because the other person must have used HE. However over the course of many games I have began to see that the game does very occasionally make it possible to hit tanks that are fully hidden behind supposedly indestructible scenery, even with regular shells.

This is possible because a shot can very occasionally continue through  such 'indestructible' things as rocks/boulders, indestructible-type buildings, or even solid ground, say when one tank is far enough back from the edge of a cliff or hill such that a tank below is not actually in line-of-sight with the tank above at all yet one can still shoot and hit the other.

The possibility of success of such a shot seems to be highest when the shot should have definitely still have hit the indestructible scenery but very near its edge. Also for some reason TDs may be slightly more 'lucky' than other tank types.

I have even seen a shot hit the middle of an indestructible object then hit a tank behind it. A (definitely) indestructible house was fully between two tanks, one shot at the other tank anyway and still caused significant damage to it. Even the shell 'trace' came from nearly the center of the wall on the opposite side of the house from the firing tank, clearly indicating the game mistakenly allowed the shell to continue right through the house.

My question is, have the developers got plans to fix this bug yet? If 'no' please do. If 'yes' when will it (finally) be fixed?

Lieutenantgeneral #177 Posted Jan 26 2012 - 00:34

Private

• Players
  • 4825 battles
i changed IP Adress and still problem remains.

Whyan #178 Posted Jan 26 2012 - 06:06

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 5995 battles

View PostVallter, on Jan 25 2012 - 12:15, said:

In 7.3 probably. We want to investigate the current situation with Premium tanks quantity on Top Tiers first.

Oh okay, so would that also mean the T34 will not be availabe in the shop either when the 7.2 patch hits?

SpectreHD #179 Posted Jan 26 2012 - 18:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16844 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostVallter, on Jan 23 2012 - 14:55, said:

First, hit models are our Intellectual Property and something we don't want neither published nor being spread throughout the Internet. Because this may cause a lot of problems with so called 'hit-box skins' and some other features, which will force us to encode the entire client.

Secondly, it was done to make a simpler the crew transaction from tank to tank. In future there are plans to remove it.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for posting the image of the T32. Now to the answer, if the number of crew was to make transitions easier, why then, does the T1/M6 have 2 gunners one loader when the T29 all the way to the T30 requires 1 gunner and 2 loaders when the T1/M6 doesn't even have 2 gunners? Having more or wrong crews really impedes progression considering how EXP is divided among the number of crew. Having more than necessary and wrong crew members provides unnecessary advantages for other tanks. The T1 and M6 is an example of this. Progressing to the T29 from the M6 leaves US players the need to recruit a new loader and leaves a gunner in the barracks doing nothing.

lostwingman #180 Posted Jan 26 2012 - 18:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22777 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAdmtahoe1, on Jan 25 2012 - 19:11, said:

Spoiler                     

Examples of AFKer
1. The guy who never moves from where his tank loads in at.
2. The guy who drives to the far back of the base and sits in a corner where they provide no help to the team.

If someone does one of those things, yea, I'm gonna be a little peeve'd. There is a difference between defending and afk hiding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users