Players Questions and Developers Answers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
772 replies to this topic

_black_sheep_ #61 Posted Dec 27 2011 - 16:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32144 battles
  • [VIL] VIL
a mi cinseramente me parece una falta de respeto a todos los que jugamos este hermoso juego estar 1 mes sin clan wars yo ya le he puesto 350 dolares a este juego y tengo 2 tiers 10 y voy por la gwtipe y el casa t95 se hace aburridisimo el juego asi [size="<font><font>1</font></font>"] :Smile-izmena: [/size]

No_Ammo #62 Posted Dec 27 2011 - 21:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27594 battles
  • [SMPRS] SMPRS

View PostHLS30, on Dec 27 2011 - 07:39, said:

You aren't going to find an official answer to the first question (I asked it....4? times in Overlord's QA thread and never got an answer, just the question deleted) but supposedly it's going to be something to do with the expanded crew skills.

I looked in the wiki and couldnt find much too it except the posibility that its something obtained when a crew member makes top rank "Major"

TK3600 #63 Posted Dec 27 2011 - 22:27

Major

• Players
  • 11788 battles
is overlord russian? saw his profile picture.

(i am not racist, but i wonders.)

Eliminateur #64 Posted Dec 27 2011 - 23:42

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15719 battles
Vallter,
it is my understanding that multi-gun/turret system was to be implemented along with french tanks(due to some of them using it), but on the 7.1 (and 7.1.2) notes and test server i see no mention of said feature.
is it going to be implemented with 7.1? if not, which patch number?

Otto_matic_Reiffel #65 Posted Dec 28 2011 - 01:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7046 battles
Hi Vallter

I've read on the EU forums from Overlord that smart matchmaking for new tanks has been turned off. Any particular reason for this? Will it be back?

DarkElf #66 Posted Dec 28 2011 - 10:38

Captain

• Players
  • 9524 battles
What are WG plan with HE? Before patch 7.0 HE used to be the only way for lower tier to do something when put in bottom list against high tier tank, it even write somewhere as tips.

After the HE change, i feel several tank from tier 4-6 suffer much from the change, their gun is not good enough yet and most of time their speed is not high enough for flank. Tier 1-3 tank never need HE they are fast enough and never put against something that they can't pen at all. Tier 7-10 benefit from the change they have less to fear from lower tier tank now and usually they have enough pen to pen any tank frontally.

For example last night i play with SU85 stock, thrown into high tier battle in open map, my equivalent in enemy rank only 1 KV3 and 2 arty, the other is even higher tier. Literally there is nothing i can do, not have enough speed to flank or scout, shooting HE in my enemy result in bounce or not even 1% damage, while shooting AP also result in bounce. Hunting arty using TD clearly is not possible.

Pirx #67 Posted Dec 29 2011 - 02:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postlostwingman, on Dec 28 2011 - 22:33, said:

I just find it bizarre that these tanks, which are roughly as powerful as tier 7 meds, are treated the same way if not harder than tier 10 heavies and tier 9 meds.
I think Vallter just didn't fully articulated the consequences of being top tier: They're popular (I don't think many players are prone to selling their top tier tanks), especially if it's the fun, light-speed tank like T-50-2.

That, coupled with the fact that not everyone can/want/have the time to grind other top tier tanks, but everyone can grind T-50-2 in no time, relatively speaking (it's 6-10 times easier - in EXP cost - to get than other top line tanks) simply means...

If T-50-2 was a good money-maker (i.e. just by entering the battle you are almost 100% sure you won't lose money), that would cause a terrible glut of T-50-2s in the game - I don't think that would be very good for balance, gameplay etc.

wefow #68 Posted Dec 29 2011 - 02:38

Private

• Players
  • 222 battles
I have two question:
1.Will there be team deathmatch?(which you can respawn, and can repair instantly with money, If needed.)
2.Are the developers going to raise the match player limit?(like now is 15 vs 15. What about letting us have more people fighting?)

Drakenred #69 Posted Dec 29 2011 - 19:28

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles

View PostEliminateur, on Dec 27 2011 - 23:42, said:

Vallter,
it is my understanding that multi-gun/turret system was to be implemented along with french tanks(due to some of them using it), but on the 7.1 (and 7.1.2) notes and test server i see no mention of said feature.
Its been said for a while now that multi turret will come later, (probably when they release one of the planed premium multi gun tanks).

Drakenred #70 Posted Dec 29 2011 - 19:34

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles
Which reminds me,

When are you opening the Gift shop on the US server.

and are you going to sell the M6A2E1 through it?

Reklaw #71 Posted Dec 29 2011 - 23:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12376 battles
I know it's the holidays and all, but we haven't gotten any word about anything in weeks. No Overlord, no game updates, no news, nothing.

Here's a question: since it looks like we aren't going to get 7.1 this year anyway, are you going to slip anything extra in there? Or are you completely focused on the Russian server right now, as usual?

Drakenred #72 Posted Dec 30 2011 - 02:50

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles
7.1 is live on the Russian Server. they bascialy cant add anything to it at this point, everything is going into 7.2 next(see sig) Its held up on the US and Euro server, (something about localisation being the hangup. . . not kidding thats there reason)

callmesarge #73 Posted Dec 30 2011 - 18:19

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 31824 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
Will there be improvements to the current form of communication in random battles or any other type of battles to be added?

lenve #74 Posted Dec 31 2011 - 12:06

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
What with french tanks? tier 2-4 have no chance with other nations, penetration in just funny, french tank cant penetrate other nation, but other nation just smashes french tanks...?

SpectreHD #75 Posted Dec 31 2011 - 18:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16835 battles
  • [TT] TT
How did you guys manage to up the effects of explosions and smoke without the game slowing down but also increase performance as well?

FaustianQ #76 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 07:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18719 battles
Is Wargaming considering adding the Type 122 tank for the Chinese faction? I've seen it mentioned but can't find any info on this rather interesting tank idea. If Wargaming does implement it, can there be two versions, one for the IS-2 and one for the IS-3?

wolfpack514 #77 Posted Jan 03 2012 - 02:15

Private

• Players
  • 8150 battles
Explain to me why a E-100 fully undated, can not damage a IS-4 point blank on vital spots???
I've been bouncing off and getting zero damage on tanks 2-3 times lower then me. And I'm
shooting vital areas, since 7.0 has been updated, I'm getting more and more, misses and bounce off.
There's something wrong here, when my sherman can damage a E-100 and get 33% hit off of it.

My question to you is why is this happening???

Wolfpack514

Tupinambis #78 Posted Jan 03 2012 - 03:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36532 battles

View Postlenve, on Dec 31 2011 - 12:06, said:

What with french tanks? tier 2-4 have no chance with other nations, penetration in just funny, french tank cant penetrate other nation, but other nation just smashes french tanks...?

What tanks specifically? The Char D2 gets a 67mm pen gun at tier 3 and the AMX-40 has a 72mm pen gun at tier 4. All things considered those stats aren't bad.

Vallter #79 Posted Jan 03 2012 - 13:27

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostOrkel2, on Dec 23 2011 - 15:55, said:

Interesting, thanks. When can we expect the new yawr?

Soon enough, though it was a bit delayed.

View PostMizar_Panzer, on Dec 24 2011 - 12:34, said:

Hi Vallter,

three question in a row about multicluster

What is the progress on Multicluster? What is the developer's future plans for it? Does it mean I (who currently has a NA account) will be able to log on to a European cluster and still use the tanks I obtained at the NA server?

Yiffy

The multicluster technology has already been implemented. This allowed us to maintain both main cluster and the Common Test in America.

For playing on all servers with one account, the Account-Transfer automatic system should be designed. It'll cost us some time, but we will do it for sure.

View Postmisscleo, on Dec 24 2011 - 16:38, said:

Any plans for removing friendly-fire / team-damage for random battles? If not, why?

There no such plans, because it will remove another part of reality from the game.

View Postchriton, on Dec 25 2011 - 02:56, said:

are there any plans to make top tiers more credit viable?

I love the new tank company tiers, makes it so much more accessible, but there are zero, and I mean ZERO absolute tank companies being played because it costs too much to repair tier 9-10 tanks on a loss. I don't mind playing tier 8's but my top tier tanks are only useful for randoms and clan wars which I don't do. IMO right now tier 9-10 heavies and meds and 7-8 arty are for all intents and purposes being shelved, and that's very sad and not a good sign for longevity. I'd much rather play my E-50 in a group that uses strategy than in a random that's just, well, random. Why even level past 8 any more?

Top Tier vehicles are not intended to be very profitable, since in other case after some time we would see only Top vehicles in-game. And this is one of the ways to make players drive tanks with more Tier spread.

View PostNo_Ammo, on Dec 26 2011 - 02:32, said:

1ST "Crew modifier" "not avaible with the major qualifycation" what is it, does it do?

2ND New Crew skills. i heard it was in the 7.0 beta then it dissapered. what were the new skills gona be and when?

1 - Could you be so kind and link me please to the place, where you've found it, since I have not completely understood your question.
2 - they have always remained on Super Test. Since they still need some work to do, we have not added them neither on the common test server nor on the main one.

View PostMGSgtRock, on Dec 27 2011 - 09:05, said:

-why is it that some tanks have to be right up on you before they even show up? they are the ones moving and you can not see them until it is to late.

-I am seeing a lot mor we just dinged them since the new patch.

-and a hell of a lot more misses. and it is not just me a lot of my clan is seeing it too.

-what is with taking out the “tank locking” do we have that many mamby pambys on the NA server that they can not work to get there tanks? Most in our Clan looked forward to it because it would change the game play a lot and make it better but i guess we have a lot of whiners on the NA server they need to grow up and get a pair! if the other server can do it so can we!

With your permission I've edited your text a bit to make it more understandable. You're welcome.
- Server checks visibility from different point each N seconds.Depending on the distance the time can vary from 0.3 to 5.0 seconds between the checks. So the vehicles can leave their cover within this period and remain unseen. Unfortunately, due to server power limits we cannot remove this 'cool down'

- The AP normalization have slightly changed with the last update, but it have not influenced the penetration to much according to statistics.

- Nothing was changed in these mechanics.

- Well, everything is good with it!

View Postyacare1975, on Dec 27 2011 - 16:05, said:

a mi cinseramente me parece una falta de respeto a todos los que jugamos este hermoso juego estar 1 mes sin clan wars yo ya le he puesto 350 dolares a este juego y tengo 2 tiers 10 y voy por la gwtipe y el casa t95 se hace aburridisimo el juego asi [size="<font><font>1</font></font>"] :Smile-izmena: [/size]

Me alegro mucho, que Usted tiene tanta pasión jugando 'World of Tanks' y quiere seguir obteniendo los topes. Pero Guerras de Clanes fueran 'enfriados' según el deseo de mayoría de jugadores.  

View PostTK3600, on Dec 27 2011 - 22:27, said:

is overlord russian? saw his profile picture.

(i am not racist, but i wonders.)

Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question, but you can ask him via PM on the EU forums, of you wish.

View PostEliminateur, on Dec 27 2011 - 23:42, said:

Vallter,

Unfortunately, multi-turret won't be implemented in 7.1, but we will do our best to add this feature ASAP. Unfortunately, I cannot give you any ETA for now.

View PostOtto_matic_Reiffel, on Dec 28 2011 - 01:05, said:

Hi Vallter

I've read on the EU forums from Overlord that smart matchmaking for new tanks has been turned off. Any particular reason for this? Will it be back?

The version we had previously was turned off, since it created to much workload on the server and made big queues. Also, people, who upgraded their vehicles to TOP with free experience had to much advantages in comparison to ones, who had to grind the parts first.

We will probably return it, but make it more polished and sophisticated first. Or we will add another MM changes with similar game functions. The tests will show.

View PostDarkElf, on Dec 28 2011 - 10:38, said:

What are WG plan with HE? Before patch 7.0 HE used to be the only way for lower tier to do something when put in bottom list against high tier tank, it even write somewhere as tips.

(skipped)

We will probably consider the change in penetration values for HE

View Postwefow, on Dec 29 2011 - 02:38, said:

I have two question:
1.Will there be team deathmatch?(which you can respawn, and can repair instantly with money, If needed.)
2.Are the developers going to raise the match player limit?(like now is 15 vs 15. What about letting us have more people fighting?)

1. There will be garage battles, in which people will be able to take up to 5 vehicles in one match and play them one-by-one
2. Yes, there are such plans, but not in the nearest future.

View PostReklaw, on Dec 29 2011 - 23:18, said:

I know it's the holidays and all, but we haven't gotten any word about anything in weeks. No Overlord, no game updates, no news, nothing.

Here's a question: since it looks like we aren't going to get 7.1 this year anyway, are you going to slip anything extra in there? Or are you completely focused on the Russian server right now, as usual?

In weeks? Really?

Yes, version for NA will have more language packs in it.

View Postcallmesarge, on Dec 30 2011 - 18:19, said:

Will there be improvements to the current form of communication in random battles or any other type of battles to be added?

There are plans to rework the battle chat, but this feature has low priority.

View PostSpectreHD, on Dec 31 2011 - 18:25, said:

How did you guys manage to up the effects of explosions and smoke without the game slowing down but also increase performance as well?

We are constantly working on the game engine and improving it from update to update. Normally, such changes are not seen by the player and were performed by us to allow future changes in graphics, one of them - new effects. There are much more coming in 2012.

Also a tip about new physics - the new engine is ready! This is a great milestone, but we now have to rework almost all maps, change the way objects will be destructed with, for example, ramming. It will still cost us a lot of time, but still, we are much closer to such major improvement of our game.

Vallter #80 Posted Jan 03 2012 - 13:53

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostDrakenred, on Dec 29 2011 - 19:34, said:

Which reminds me,

When are you opening the Gift shop on the US server.

and are you going to sell the M6A2E1 through it?

It will be released along with or soon after 7.1. Most probably, within this week.

Yes, it will most probably include it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users