Players Questions and Developers Answers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
772 replies to this topic

fablkak #661 Posted Jul 11 2012 - 08:47

Captain

• Players
  • 32252 battles

View PostW3TBanana, on Jul 10 2012 - 22:25, said:

If you are looking at the front of a tank, and the tank turns to angle its armor, and an enemy tank fires at the tank. When the shell comes into contact of the moving hull, does the angle change as the shell is hitting, or does it make contact with the armor, and the angle the armor is when the shell first touches is the angle the game calculates penetration into the armor?

The speed at which the projectile is traveling in comparison to the hull makes any movement of the hull during the impact quite negligible. This even applies to the fastest turning tank and the slowest moving projectile in the game.
I haven't read the code myself but I'm pretty sure it would be calculated at the moment of impact.

Hipshot77 #662 Posted Jul 12 2012 - 00:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 29981 battles
  • [TQRF] TQRF
I purchased gold for WOT two days ago. The gold was not placed in my account. 5 hours later, I contacted paypal to reverse the purchase. WOT suspended my account. After dozens of emails and posted tickets, Ultimate pay finally got my account right and the transaction was successful. However, my WOT account has been and is still suspended. I have had two days of aggrivation, lost 2 days of premium account, cant get my account 'unfrozen' and WOT support is non responsive! WTF?

IndygoEEI #663 Posted Jul 12 2012 - 12:49

Major

• Players
  • 62002 battles
  • [K-H] K-H
I want to know what the the devs think of Tankettes. There was a thread
in the suggestion forum about including them in game and few people
think they would be fun to play with, either in it's own mode with tankettes
only or as T1s. Also, if you guys decided to put them, how would you do
if they were able to be researched and not premiums?

Plus can you tell us how close (in %) the tentatively titled Mexico is
to finished? I totally love the idea of that map.

Also what do devs plan to do about the Crew Skill Rebalence?  Currently,
it takes too long to research skills and it gets worse at the lower Tiers.

ApplesauceBandit #664 Posted Jul 13 2012 - 03:44

Major

• Players
  • 27242 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Sorry if this was already asked, I just don't feel like looking through 33 pages.

There has been no mention of the BT-SV, MTLS, and Panzer II J since the 7.0 public test.  Have they been scrapped or do you plan on adding them sometime in the future (sometime before 8.0 or after?)

SergeantRock1230 #665 Posted Jul 15 2012 - 08:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11010 battles
I would like to know if the developers have considered the use of Smoke Shells as an additional round that can be purchased for our tanks.  Knowing that camouflage is already used as an additional item, I have found it to be ineffectual during combat.  Regardless of camouflage, the tanks in battle eventually become revealed.  

With the use of smoke shells, the ability to be seen by the enemy can be cut by 15-30 seconds during the heat of battle.  This tactic was used in real combat and was found to be very effective.  Set as a limited item to carry, ie, 3, 4 or 5 rounds max and sold for gold, I see this as an added dimension to the game.  

On another note....

I have thought about the tank sounds that are given within the WoT's gameplay.  Usually if outside the vehicle you can hear the engine and track sounds.  But inside the vehicle all you hear is the engine.  Shouldn't additional sounds be added for realism?  Such as Turret sounds when the turret is rotating or the sound of a shell slamming into the chamber of the canon.  Just a thought.  This would be nice to add a realistic affect while in sniper mode.

lostwingman #666 Posted Jul 15 2012 - 08:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22779 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
haha....oh wow...first time I come back to the Q&A thread in months and the latest question is about smoke rounds?

Are you guys trying to be dense?
Please learn how to use a search function. No your not the first person to bring up smoke rounds. Yes, they have been brought up a million times before. Yes, they have an associated drinking game because they are stupidly common. Yes, you should use a search function. Also you should use the search function.

Did I mention the search function? It's amazing.

SergeantRock1230 #667 Posted Jul 15 2012 - 09:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11010 battles

View Postlostwingman, on Jul 15 2012 - 08:59, said:

haha....oh wow...first time I come back to the Q&A thread in months and the latest question is about smoke rounds?

Are you guys trying to be dense?
Please learn how to use a search function. No your not the first person to bring up smoke rounds. Yes, they have been brought up a million times before. Yes, they have an associated drinking game because they are stupidly common. Yes, you should use a search function. Also you should use the search function.

Did I mention the search function? It's amazing.

Who the hell wants to spend hours searching through hundreds of posts?  And it is a legitimate question.  What a dick!

Hirumaru #668 Posted Jul 15 2012 - 19:39

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 6414 battles
There is a search feature. You can search the whole forum, limit your search to a section of the forum, or even search within a single thread.

Please utilize this feature located in the upper right.

There are plenty of unanswered questions that deserve attention over the spam of repeats.

lostwingman #669 Posted Jul 16 2012 - 02:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22779 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSergeantRock1230, on Jul 15 2012 - 09:06, said:

Who the hell wants to spend hours searching through hundreds of posts?  And it is a legitimate question.  What a dick!
Wow...you can't possible be over 50 and this stupid...

Drakenred #670 Posted Jul 16 2012 - 05:49

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles

View PostSergeantRock1230, on Jul 15 2012 - 09:06, said:

Well in all fairness theres also a drinking game over people flaming other people for not useing search and another for people who somehow think that in the time WOT has been in development and online that they are the first to think of painfully obvious things like smoke /incidiary/ WP rounds, landmines, infantry, offmap arty fire/bomb attacks,the P1000 Ratte andor P1500 , weather, nightfighting.

which probably explains some peoples combat records....

Digital_Malamute #671 Posted Jul 16 2012 - 06:14

Major

• Players
  • 46759 battles
  • [SHIMP] SHIMP
What are the plans if any to include tanks from "lesser" countries such as Poland, Italy and Israel into WoT?

Drakenred #672 Posted Jul 16 2012 - 06:38

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles
some kind of global tree. there still working on it

skullval #673 Posted Jul 16 2012 - 07:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 26166 battles
Province map need to be remove from clan wars the own can just sit and draw it out you developer play this game if you do get 15 on each side and tell one team to hide and try to break it i bet you dont in 20 trys the map is to small for clan wars take a vote and you will see

Edited by skullval, Jul 16 2012 - 07:36.

Horrorsh0w #674 Posted Jul 16 2012 - 09:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6438 battles
Are there any plans to go back and buff the German 128mm penetration to bring it more in line with the new guns we've seen introduced since 7.2?  With 7.5 it gets even worse: medium tanks will have higher pen than the Maus, and the E-75 and VK 4502 ausf. B lag considerably behind other nation's tier 9s in penetration.

Yorrick #675 Posted Jul 17 2012 - 00:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13884 battles
are you going to replace the tool hint in the depot that said which tanks our moduals are on
or are you not going to replace it in the hope that people buy moer moduals for their tanks

ps even better this tool hint would be best in the garage

GeneralDirection #676 Posted Jul 17 2012 - 01:09

Major

• Players
  • 5992 battles
Alright, let's see if I can get everything answered that I'm able to answer. Will run with the new format after that, of closing a thread once a new update comes out. This one is just growing too large.

View PostJackAttack22, on Jun 18 2012 - 00:52, said:

Have developers thought about updating the Tech Tree to highlight the tanks/TDs/SPGs that are currently in the member's garage?  Although the premium tanks would not be included using the current Tech Tree design, i'd love to be able to easily see where I am in the 'big picture' for each nation.  An easy way to do so would be to brighten the outline of the box for the vehicle.

That's an interesting idea. We have some updates to the tech tree UI we're discussing, so I'll include it in feedback.

View PostDSCHotshot, on Jun 18 2012 - 22:31, said:

whats with the invisible tanks, 100 yards away and they disapear WTF is with that?

This is the way the spotting system works. I'll see if we can get an article together to explain the spotting system in a little more detail.

View PostMizar_Panzer, on Jun 19 2012 - 10:03, said:

Hi Devs,

What's your progress on finding a replacement for the T-50 and T-50-2?

The replacements have been found. Now it's all about scheduling it. I wouldn't expect anything in the next few updates.

View PostXenomorphZZ, on Jun 19 2012 - 16:06, said:

http://www.theverge....eships-to-world

In that interview, there is an image of the clanwars map that seems to be seperating tiers limits based on gold income...

Is this true? Or is this an old concept image?

That's an old concept image. Not sure why it's included.

View PostZuluBravo, on Jun 20 2012 - 01:06, said:

Hello Developers,

I just have 3 quick questions:

1.) When is the nickname change going to be possible again?

It's something we're working on, but I don't have an ETA.

2.) Are there going to be more ways to customize your tanks other than camouflages? For example, different equipment that visually change your tanks and makes them more unique.
Also, maybe a custom letter and number combinations that make your tank even more unique (sort of like tank unit markings).

Yes, there will be ways to customize the tank beyond camouflage. More details on that to come. We're still finalizing it.

3.)  Maybe allowing players to paint their own tanks (for gold) which would be visible by all. Not pink and other non-tank colors, of course.

Painting isn't something we currently have planned; the camouflage system is supposed to fit into that form of customization.

View PostLensar, on Jun 20 2012 - 20:44, said:

When a match reaches it's conclusion, it ends abruptly, showing the results screen and stopping all player chat. This prevents people from talking about the match, making plans to platoon up with people for the next match, as well as prevents any trash talking or other obnoxiousness. This seems like a conscious design decision. Is it and if so, why?

Bonus comment: In my opinion, the lack of post-match-chat greatly dimishes community building in the game. The ability to chat about a shared experience is an important aspect of connecting with your fellow gamers and can lead to a more engaging game experience for all. As it is now, in any given public match I never expect to see or hear from any of he people I am playing with ever again. And even if I did, I probably wouldn't remember because the match ends so abruptly that it's easy to forget what just happened as you move onto the next match.

It's not a conscious design decision. We're evaluating ways to address that.

View PostPrayer, on Jun 21 2012 - 17:10, said:

Will the type 59 ever come back to market?

Yep, we will be bringing it back to the gift shop at some point soon.

View PostWarStore, on Jun 22 2012 - 04:33, said:

Devs, can you explain me how a shell can go through the enemy tank, without damaging it, and hit an allied tank behind the enemy?

I know it happened to me other times, but here is the proof.

http://www.wot-repla...01210.wotreplay

Sure: the shot penetrated the tank in a way that did not hit any internal modules or crew members. It was able to create an exit hole that allowed it to hit something behind it. Unfortunately that hit on the ally did hit something that caused damage.

View Postitoktohateme, on Jun 22 2012 - 16:35, said:

when will you make the new game modes and option? they are not fun with a random grouping of players in random grouping of tanks. please make these new modes availble for tank companies where you can have a large grouping of players and make the modes fun.. as is they are terrible and unplayable with pubs.

We're aiming for the version update after 7.5 for this. The feature is in development now.

View Postdanedeath, on Jun 22 2012 - 16:44, said:

when will the red screen in sniper mode be fixed....

We hopefully have nailed this down in 7.5. Please check out the public test.

View PostPzmkIV, on Jun 24 2012 - 18:30, said:

When you going to fix it so the Cliff Hugging guys stop driven 50+ ton tanks off cliffs to shot people from top.

They will regret doing that after physics come out.

View PostGeneral76, on Jun 26 2012 - 21:42, said:

Hello Wargaming,

My Question is   it shows up in the clan commander panel that we can change the clan name/tag for 1000 gold. when we try it tho it says feature disabled during beta. so my question is can we expect this feature to be implemented this year in a future update. it would be a major help if it is released.

I unfortunately don't have an ETA on this.

View PostQJW, on Jul 03 2012 - 03:58, said:

so Vallter will the M41A3 Bulldog be ever introduced into the game or has that been shot down as well?

It's on the table.

SHISHKABOB #677 Posted Jul 17 2012 - 01:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8799 battles
so is Hirumaru's question unanswerable?

GeneralDirection #678 Posted Jul 17 2012 - 01:31

Major

• Players
  • 5992 battles

View PostOtto_matic_Reiffel, on Jul 04 2012 - 02:27, said:

Heard from a WG employee that the second German TD line was scheduled for patch 0.7.6. Then heard from Overlord on EU that the patching schedule is likely to go from 0.7.5 straight to 0.8.0.

So, now which patch are the other German TDs due and will they be released within the next 3 years?

Probably not in the next update. The release schedule for new branches changed a bit.

View PostHerr_Klug, on Jul 04 2012 - 21:35, said:

With the removal of Sturmtiger/Brummbar as premium SPG's from the current tech tree, will Germany see the possibility of premium SPGs in the future?

I can't even imagine what the cost of the SturmTiger would have been with the current creep in prices on premium vehicles.

Anything is possible if it makes sense. The current tech trees are just what is in the pipeline right now--not any "wish list" or "far-reaching" stuff.

View Postcv5yorktown, on Jul 08 2012 - 01:34, said:

Ahahhahaa, great misspelling. I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

So since this thread will be closed, will a new Q&A replace this one in the gameplay discussion section, or a different section?

It'll still live in gameplay discussion as a pinned thread.

View PostOtto_matic_Reiffel, on Jul 10 2012 - 10:57, said:

Can you please ask one of the art team to post up some rough sketches of armour layouts at least? It has been a really, really, really, really long time since these were promised (some time in beta) and Wargaming has released nothing.

gamemodels3d on the other hand appears to still be in business doing exactly the above but charging for it. At this point I can only assume that they have permission from Wargaming to do this or that it is being run by Wargaming as an alternative revenue stream.

Armor layouts, as in, hit boxes?

View Postzthat, on Jul 10 2012 - 21:51, said:

An update or change I'd like to see in the post battle popup is something that shows the total hit points you took out in the game and if possible the number of modules/crew killed/damaged/destroyed. It would give me a better idea of how I'm doing and in my lower tier tanks let me know if the HE is doing any good on the big tanks.

We don't plan to display damage done at this time, but we are working on improving post-battle details, including once you leave back to your garage.

View PostIndygoEEI, on Jul 12 2012 - 12:49, said:

Plus can you tell us how close (in %) the tentatively titled Mexico is
to finished? I totally love the idea of that map.

Right now the name has changed to Gran Camino, but that is of course tentative as well. I don't have an update on its implementation, though. It's still in development.

View PostIndygoEEI, on Jul 12 2012 - 12:49, said:

Also what do devs plan to do about the Crew Skill Rebalence?  Currently,
it takes too long to research skills and it gets worse at the lower Tiers.

We would have to significantly revamp crew transfers if it was easier to skill up in low tier vehicles than in higher tiers, since you could simply move a crewman from one to the other by retraining. So we probably won't do something like that.

But we are looking at ways of speeding up crew skill advancement, now that there are so many skills. We agree it's too tedious right now.

View PostHorrorsh0w, on Jul 16 2012 - 09:32, said:

Are there any plans to go back and buff the German 128mm penetration to bring it more in line with the new guns we've seen introduced since 7.2?  With 7.5 it gets even worse: medium tanks will have higher pen than the Maus, and the E-75 and VK 4502 ausf. B lag considerably behind other nation's tier 9s in penetration.

No immediate plans. We're going to see what the rebalancing in 7.5 does and go from there. Any balance changes will be heavily based on vehicle performance data.

View PostYorrick, on Jul 17 2012 - 00:41, said:

are you going to replace the tool hint in the depot that said which tanks our moduals are on
or are you not going to replace it in the hope that people buy moer moduals for their tanks

ps even better this tool hint would be best in the garage

Do you mean the mouseover tooltip?

GeneralDirection #679 Posted Jul 17 2012 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 5992 battles

View PostHirumaru, on Jul 08 2012 - 03:35, said:

I've been informed, in this very thread, by GD, that they are going to or have already forwarded the inquiry to the development team. A month ago.

If they don't have an answer, then they don't have a future. Either their competence is in question for not knowing how their game works, or their credibility is in question for refusing to answer such questions, time and time again.

I still don't have an answer on this, sorry. I'll continue to poke and prod.

Otto_matic_Reiffel #680 Posted Jul 17 2012 - 04:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7046 battles

View PostGeneralDirection, on Jul 17 2012 - 01:31, said:

View PostOtto_matic_Reiffel, on Jul 10 2012 - 10:57, said:

Can you please ask one of the art team to post up some rough sketches of armour layouts at least? It has been a really, really, really, really long time since these were promised (some time in beta) and Wargaming has released nothing.

gamemodels3d on the other hand appears to still be in business doing exactly the above but charging for it. At this point I can only assume that they have permission from Wargaming to do this or that it is being run by Wargaming as an alternative revenue stream.
Armor layouts, as in, hit boxes?
No I mean armour layouts.

As in here is a picture of a King Tiger. From this picture you can see the upper glacis plate is 150mm, the lower glacis plate is 120mm, the MG ball mount is 100mm, the turret front is 185mm, etc. Something slightly more detailed than the current front armour is 150mm. A coloured picture with a key is the best bet.

For example, this picture of the armour layout of the German Premium PzKpfw 38H735 (f) that shows the exact armour layout, right down to the hatch weakpoints.
Spoiler                     

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users