OverTarget marker mod in V7.0 test1.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

LifeSWiFTone #1 Posted Nov 20 2011 - 01:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7719 battles
Edit: According to the original author of the mod, there will be no new version for 7.0. Thanks to Millbarge for the heads up and the link.

View PostMillbarge, on Nov 21 2011 - 03:01, said:

"Nicolas Siver has stopped any support and work for the OverTargetMarkers mod because of certain statements from WG."

"There will be no new version!"

http://forum.worldof...ertargetmarkers

This is a quote from the OTM mod author's original page...

Very sad news

:(

Original post: Just wondering if anyone has got it to work on the test client, and if so how did you do it? I haven't been able to get it to work so far.

Drunken_Walrus #2 Posted Nov 20 2011 - 02:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15279 battles
Yes please, I need my OTM back!

LifeSWiFTone #3 Posted Nov 20 2011 - 02:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7719 battles

View PostRankor1, on Nov 20 2011 - 02:07, said:

Yes please, I need my OTM back!

I know right, it's so annoying now. It's harder to tell when i hurt someone.

Battlecruiser #4 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 02:49

Major

• Players
  • 21391 battles
i'm having difficulties with custom crosshairs as well.

i do not like the sniper mode one

Millbarge #5 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 03:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38543 battles
"Nicolas Siver has stopped any support and work for the OverTargetMarkers mod because of certain statements from WG."

Very sad news

Battlecruiser #6 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 04:02

Major

• Players
  • 21391 battles

View PostMillbarge, on Nov 21 2011 - 03:01, said:

Very sad news

as long as he updates overcross i don't care. I like having the minimalist hud with numbers, it's less clutter in my face

so what if i have to use 3% more brainpower

Millbarge #7 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 04:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38543 battles

View PostBattlecruiser, on Nov 21 2011 - 04:02, said:

as long as he updates overcross i don't care. I like having the minimalist hud with numbers, it's less clutter in my face

so what if i have to use 3% more brainpower

i don't know what you mean by "overcross" but he won't be updating any part.

If you are talking about a reticle mod... thats something different.

Lord_tyrant #8 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 04:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16857 battles
somebody has got to step up and get this going.....

Battlecruiser #9 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 04:33

Major

• Players
  • 21391 battles

View PostMillbarge, on Nov 21 2011 - 04:12, said:

i don't know what you mean by "overcross" but he won't be updating any part.

If you are talking about a reticle mod... thats something different.

http://games.nicolas...-mods/overcross

:)

skitey #10 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 07:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
i really hope, somebody will continue his work!

MIG15BIS #11 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 07:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 32420 battles
without this mode, it is really hard to play ,the 7.0 original is so xxxx bad.

Millbarge #12 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 08:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38543 battles

View PostBattlecruiser, on Nov 21 2011 - 04:33, said:

oh cool...

never seen that one.

That looks like the same author, I sure hope he can be convinced to update it all.

It seems that someone on the Euro forums that knows him is gonna keep bugging him,

but apparently he had some falling out with WG and is very unhappy with them, not sure about the details though.

120mm_he #13 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 12:04

Major

• Players
  • 16262 battles
  • [PBS] PBS
Supposedly the functionality of the overtarget marker mod is going to be done with a new commander skill that lets you see the actual hp amounts of tanks intstead of a simple % display.

Hence wargaming killing outside development as it would take away any incentive for players to replace an old skill with the new one for gold when its released.

I have a feeling its not going to be nearly as useful as the mod though as the overtarget mod lets you see some rather interesting insights about the RNG if you are observant.:P

Millbarge #14 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 12:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38543 battles

View Post120mm_he, on Nov 21 2011 - 12:04, said:

Supposedly the functionality of the overtarget marker mod is going to be done with a new commander skill that lets you see the actual hp amounts of tanks intstead of a simple % display.

Hence wargaming killing outside development as it would take away any incentive for players to replace an old skill with the new one for gold when its released.

I have a feeling its not going to be nearly as useful as the mod though as the overtarget mod lets you see some rather interesting insights about the RNG if you are observant.:P

Personally the thing that i find I REALLY miss is the HP fly-aways telling you the damage done.

This was also the thing that people CONSTANTLY asked me about whenever i posted videos on youtube.

You would think they would take the hint and just add that function.

But unfortunately they seem more and more concerned with milking the game for money and less and less with encouraging the community.

Ruining a mod that SO MANY players use and love and is an integral part of SO MANY other mods is just stupid, greedy, and ultimately short-sighted

Another obvious example of this attitude is them ruining the skins and replacing them with really boring and expensive ones that they make.

Sure you might make a little more money in short run, but you just pissed off the ENTIRE community.

Wargaming should keep in mind, if they lose their community of players who are willing to put in tons of their time, for free, thinking up these modifications,

then they also won't be able to steal those ideas, poorly execute them, and move the game a little further towards pay-to-win as easily,

which seems to be the ultimate goal.

<_<

Aslain #15 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 12:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 92 battles
There is huge discussion on the Russian forums where Nicolas originaly posted his work, they even collecting money to pay to him, to make 0.7 version.

120mm_he #16 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 13:57

Major

• Players
  • 16262 battles
  • [PBS] PBS

View PostMillbarge, on Nov 21 2011 - 12:11, said:

You would think they would take the hint and just add that function.

The function is coming back. Granted the details are still sketchy on the actual implimentation.

As far as the devs nicking ideas from the mod community welp thats why they made the game modable to begin with.

Free labor ftw. :P

MaxMike #17 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 19:40

Major

• Players
  • 16349 battles

View Post120mm_he, on Nov 21 2011 - 13:57, said:

The function is coming back. Granted the details are still sketchy on the actual implimentation.

As far as the devs nicking ideas from the mod community welp thats why they made the game modable to begin with.

Free labor ftw. :P

This is unethical if they are doing they without compensating the mod creators it is also troubling they do so without having a replacement in place. If he has not been compensated I would fully understand how the creator of this mod would resent having his ideas basically stolen and work used for others profit and why he would want no further part of it.

I also do not like the fact they take things that were created by the community and were free and turn it in to a profit center, I understand they need to make money that is why I have a premium account have bought quite a few premium tanks including Lowe and T-59 but this goes to far it is just bleeding the players at every turn.

Drogunn #18 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 20:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19076 battles

Question: 3. new mini-map and all about it is good
    new over target markers of tanks in battle need a lot of readjusting, take a look at the user created OvTM

Overlord: Yes, this mod is rather popular we are thinking of officially supporting it.
    November 21, 2011 4:11 PM

Millbarge #19 Posted Nov 21 2011 - 21:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38543 battles
guess we will wait and see if they do...

and see how much gold they decide to charge us.

Aslain #20 Posted Nov 22 2011 - 00:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 92 battles
Thats from Nicolas S., teh creator of otm.

I am always here
Hello. This is a revolution you have arranged.
I read the topic since the early days, as available to 0.7, and not only read, as it turned out, still have to answer the phone, talking on Skype ...
I do not know how to properly and correctly respond to this situation. On the one hand there are people like that want to continue to use the mod, on the other hand, the developers of the game that even a "thank you" do not speak for the improvement of their game, which brings them good money.
In the early days, I looked at the edge of the eye, and how that has changed (I was given a couple of files from a 0.7 game client) that would assess the scope of work, well, suddenly there for a couple of lines to change, it's not a problem, right?
But as it turned out much worse. Completely changed the idea, graphics rendered in a large and important file battle.swf, which change I would not even want to. Ease of development in earlier versions was that fashion was limited to only one file, and it was wonderful. Now VehicleMarkersManager, acts as a conventional canvas to place the markers.
In short, you need to do to re-fashion (of course no one does not exclude that many parts of the code can be moved), the new architecture proposed by developers, while trying to isolate the entire mod again in a single file (VehicleMarkersManager) and away from battle.swf. I still did not understand how this is possible because developers is implementation-defined, and I'm under it to adjust. Besides, I could not find the logic for adding markers and their management. This is the word on technologies, implementations, and the scope of work.
About what if I want to do this (fashion design under 0.7), has not yet decided.
If the developers have taken a step in the direction of fashion, and at least provide the source data (which would not be lopsided again all, clean up files after decompiling, faced with the loss of imports, etc.), it would be a good reason to continue the development of fashion, but rather create it by 0.7
Thank you for your attention

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users