OverTarget marker mod in V7.0 test1.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

Aesir #21 Posted Nov 22 2011 - 00:48

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 9433 battles

View PostAslain, on Nov 22 2011 - 00:14, said:

Thats from Nicolas S., teh creator of otm.

I am always here
Hello. This is a revolution you have arranged.
I read the topic since the early days, as available to 0.7, and not only read, as it turned out, still have to answer the phone, talking on Skype ...
I do not know how to properly and correctly respond to this situation. On the one hand there are people like that want to continue to use the mod, on the other hand, the developers of the game that even a "thank you" do not speak for the improvement of their game, which brings them good money.
In the early days, I looked at the edge of the eye, and how that has changed (I was given a couple of files from a 0.7 game client) that would assess the scope of work, well, suddenly there for a couple of lines to change, it's not a problem, right?
But as it turned out much worse. Completely changed the idea, graphics rendered in a large and important file battle.swf, which change I would not even want to. Ease of development in earlier versions was that fashion was limited to only one file, and it was wonderful. Now VehicleMarkersManager, acts as a conventional canvas to place the markers.
In short, you need to do to re-fashion (of course no one does not exclude that many parts of the code can be moved), the new architecture proposed by developers, while trying to isolate the entire mod again in a single file (VehicleMarkersManager) and away from battle.swf. I still did not understand how this is possible because developers is implementation-defined, and I'm under it to adjust. Besides, I could not find the logic for adding markers and their management. This is the word on technologies, implementations, and the scope of work.
About what if I want to do this (fashion design under 0.7), has not yet decided.
If the developers have taken a step in the direction of fashion, and at least provide the source data (which would not be lopsided again all, clean up files after decompiling, faced with the loss of imports, etc.), it would be a good reason to continue the development of fashion, but rather create it by 0.7
Thank you for your attention

It's hard deciphering this. I understand that he finds the task difficult, but this is still pretty confusing. Anyone want to take a shot?

Otto_matic_Reiffel #22 Posted Nov 22 2011 - 07:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7046 battles
Pretty much that with the way the battle.swf file has now been implemented, it is extremely difficult to work out how to bypass the default views and have them self-contained in a single file. It used to be much easier.
If the devs provide useful source code, it would be easier.

120mm_he #23 Posted Nov 22 2011 - 08:18

Major

• Players
  • 16532 battles
  • [PBS] PBS

View PostMaxMike, on Nov 21 2011 - 19:40, said:

This is unethical

No.

When you make a mod you do it with the full understanding that the owner of the ip can and will use your work to officially add to the game without any credit to you.

I was a major contributer to the homeworld mod community and we all knew this fact but we did it anyways as it was awesome to one up the devs and gain internet fame with a popular mod.

Hell, we even made it into the gaming mags of the time.

Also: Jobs.

My work on several homeworld mods led to future employment from both relic and later ccp.

Think of mod work as an extended resume and it works a charm if you have real talent.

View PostOtto_matic_Reiffel, on Nov 22 2011 - 07:01, said:

Pretty much that with the way the battle.swf file has now been implemented, it is extremely difficult to work out how to bypass the default views and have them self-contained in a single file. It used to be much easier.
If the devs provide useful source code, it would be easier.
I'm sure that when the optimal amount of players have dumped gold on converting an old skill to the new skill then WG will develop a blind eye to mods that bypass this mechanic.

You might not be able to get it on the official forums but who uses those for the good stuff anyways?

AllPainful #24 Posted Nov 22 2011 - 09:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49949 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

Overlord said:

Overlord said... Q: 3. new mini-map and all about it is good
new over target markers of tanks in battle need a lot of readjusting, take a look at the user created OvTM

A: Yes, this mod is rather popular we are thinking of officially supporting it.

That is a DIRECT quote from Overlord's blog.

Millbarge #25 Posted Nov 22 2011 - 11:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38555 battles

View PostAllPainful, on Nov 22 2011 - 09:23, said:

That is a DIRECT quote from Overlord's blog.

yes.. its also about 6 posts above you.

the point is whether they will make it as customizable as the OTM and if it will be free or not.

and IF we get it, then it probably won't come soon.

Lhos #26 Posted Nov 22 2011 - 13:29

Major

• Players
  • 11542 battles

View PostMillbarge, on Nov 22 2011 - 11:21, said:

and IF we get it, then it probably won't come soon.

Or it'll be a commander skill, in which case the majority of lower-tier players won't have it while people buying gold will just 100% their commander and be able to select it right off the bat if they want. In any case, it sure won't be customizable, which is a HUGE part of why it's so popular IMO.

MaxMike #27 Posted Nov 22 2011 - 18:33

Major

• Players
  • 16349 battles

View Post120mm_he, on Nov 22 2011 - 08:18, said:

No.

Yes it is unethical, if you take someones work and do not credit them or compensate them it is unethical, maybe legal but it is wrong, may fit in the EULA but it is wrong.

120mm_he #28 Posted Nov 23 2011 - 04:59

Major

• Players
  • 16532 battles
  • [PBS] PBS

View PostMaxMike, on Nov 22 2011 - 18:33, said:

Yes it is unethical, if you take someones work and do not credit them or compensate them it is unethical, maybe legal but it is wrong, may fit in the EULA but it is wrong.

And taking all the work the devs have done to the game and tweaking a few files then calling it your own is not building on anothers work?

The otm worked because the basic functionality was already built into the game.

There was no magic code the mod maker used to make the mod.

He simply hooked into a data set that was already there and displayed it.

I'm sure wargaming was like 'dammnit that was planned for a later release' now how the hell do we shut it down without pissing off most of the playerbase.

So they simply let it ride till they were ready to impliment it officially.

Much like they let the hitbox skins ride till the new collision models were made and the texture format was changed so previous hitbox skins would be broken.

Again its not unethical at all and the mature mod makers know and accept this.

Millbarge #29 Posted Nov 23 2011 - 09:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38555 battles

View Post120mm_he, on Nov 23 2011 - 04:59, said:

And taking all the work the devs have done to the game and tweaking a few files then calling it your own is not building on anothers work?

The otm worked because the basic functionality was already built into the game.

There was no magic code the mod maker used to make the mod.

He simply hooked into a data set that was already there and displayed it.

I'm sure wargaming was like 'dammnit that was planned for a later release' now how the hell do we shut it down without pissing off most of the playerbase.

So they simply let it ride till they were ready to impliment it officially.

Much like they let the hitbox skins ride till the new collision models were made and the texture format was changed so previous hitbox skins would be broken.

Again its not unethical at all and the mature mod makers know and accept this.

True...

But the whole situation still sucks

Aslain #30 Posted Nov 25 2011 - 10:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 92 battles

View PostAesir, on Nov 22 2011 - 00:48, said:

It's hard deciphering this. I understand that he finds the task difficult, but this is still pretty confusing. Anyone want to take a shot?

This is the original text, good luck with translation, my russian sux too much ;)

http://forum.worldof...ost__p__5532222 (page 79, post #1564)

я всегда тут :Smile_honoring:
Всем привет. Вот это вы революцию устроили.
Читаю тему с первых дней, как доступен 0.7, и не только читаю, как оказалось, еще приходится отвечать на телефонные звонки, беседы в скайпе...
Я даже не знаю как правильно и корректно отреагировать на эту ситуацию. С одной стороны вроде есть люди которые хотят продолжать пользоваться модом, с другой стороны, разработчики игры, которые даже "спасибо" не говорят за улучшение их игры, которая приносит им хорошие деньги.
В первые дни, я взглянул краем глаза, что и как изменилось (мне предоставили пару файлов из 0,7 клиента игры), что бы оценить объем работ, ну вдруг там пару строк изменить, это ведь не проблема, верно?
Но как оказалось, все намного хуже. Полностью изменилась идея, графику вынесли в большой и ответственный файл battle.swf, который изменять я бы даже и не хотел. Удобство в разработке в ранних версиях было в том, что мод был ограничен лишь одним файлом, и это было замечательно. Сейчас же VehicleMarkersManager, выступает в роли обычного canvas для размещения маркеров.
Короче говоря, необходимо делать заново мод(конечно никто не исключает, что многие части кода можно перенести), под новую архитектуру предложенную разработчиками, при этом пытаться изолировать весь мод опять в одном файле(VehicleMarkersManager) и уйти от battle.swf. Я еще не разбирался насколько это возможно, так как разработчики определяет реализацию, а я уже под нее подстраиваюсь. К тому же, я не смог найти логики по добавлению маркеров и их управлению. Это к слову о технологиях, реализациях и объемах работ.
По поводу того, хочу ли я этим заниматься (разработкой мода под 0,7), еще не решился.
Если бы разработчики сделали шаг в сторону мода, и хотя бы предоставили исходные данные (что бы опять не кособочить все, вычищать файлы после декомпиляции, сталкиваться с потерей импортов и т.п.), это была бы веская причина продолжить развитие мода, а точнее создать его под 0,7
Спасибо за внимание

Arctander2 #31 Posted Nov 25 2011 - 15:23

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 20035 battles

View PostAslain, on Nov 25 2011 - 10:32, said:

This is the original text, good luck with translation, my russian sux too much ;)

Normally Google chrome translates pretty well, but I kept getting a server error.

Tenente #32 Posted Nov 25 2011 - 19:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 8717 battles

Overlord said:

OverTargetMarkers mod for Wolrd of Tanks won't be adjusted to 7.0 update. We are planning to introduce it later on.
http://overlord-wot....-test-of-7.html

:(

Aslain #33 Posted Nov 25 2011 - 22:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 92 battles
What does it mean actually? WG team will make OTM for us or allow to use it?

You can always try this file for 0.7, acts like default WoT 0.7 with perma ALT pressed.

http://dl.dropbox.co...3671/battle.swf

Tenente #34 Posted Nov 26 2011 - 22:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 8717 battles

View PostAslain, on Nov 25 2011 - 22:53, said:

What does it mean actually? WG team will make OTM for us or allow to use it?

You can always try this file for 0.7, acts like default WoT 0.7 with perma ALT pressed.

http://dl.dropbox.co...3671/battle.swf
The link is not working Aslain. Can you upload to another host??

Thanks in advance.

darkstar3d #35 Posted Nov 27 2011 - 16:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 28019 battles
  • [OC] OC
If you reinstall it after the update, it works.

Aslain #36 Posted Nov 27 2011 - 17:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 92 battles

View PostTenente, on Nov 26 2011 - 22:51, said:

The link is not working Aslain. Can you upload to another host??

Thanks in advance.

Link is fine, just right click on it and select Save as... , otherwise your browser might try to open it as flash object resulting in grey screen and stuff. If you still got problems try: http://dl.dropbox.co...3671/battle.zip

FullArmorOfGod #37 Posted Nov 27 2011 - 19:04

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 33030 battles

View PostAslain, on Nov 27 2011 - 17:24, said:

Link is fine, just right click on it and select Save as... , otherwise your browser might try to open it as flash object resulting in grey screen and stuff. If you still got problems try: http://dl.dropbox.co...3671/battle.zip

So this works like you are pressing the alt key all the time right?  Nice temp fix until they get the OTM issue resolved.

thanks
vuudoo

Aslain #38 Posted Nov 27 2011 - 20:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 92 battles

View PostVuudoo, on Nov 27 2011 - 19:04, said:

So this works like you are pressing the alt key all the time right?  Nice temp fix until they get the OTM issue resolved.

thanks
vuudoo

Yes it is, but the person who made the moddification must have broken something because it acts funny sometimes, e.g. when you press ALT, or when someone is "Attacking" someone, the attack arrow is going down, and down each time you press ALT :)

Tenente #39 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 07:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 8717 battles

View PostAslain, on Nov 27 2011 - 17:24, said:

Thanks a lot Aslain, the mod is working fine!

Gabo #40 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 16:40

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 18199 battles
well, aparently they want to add the damage done and the modules/crew damage data as an ability for the commander, so they dont want it free for everyone to see.
But I will miss very much this mod..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users