Jump to content


How to be a Hated Scout


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

wildspear #41 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 00:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7248 battles
  • 70
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011
Very good points you mad kiwi, and a big thanks to uhateme for providing this guide. Because of this guide Im back to scouting the right way, less shooting and more living....hopefully

erikpurne #42 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 05:46

    Private

  • Players
  • 2629 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    07-19-2011
Thanks for the awesome guide, man!

Since you mention you'd like to make it as grammatically correct as possible, I'd suggest correcting all the your/you're, there/their/they're, etc. They make it a bit hard to read; every time you come across one, your brain is like, "Wait, what?"

If you want, I could do it for you.

Mwokee #43 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 14:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 51972 battles
  • 35
  • [BRIKS] BRIKS
  • Member since:
    10-20-2011
There are many discussions from EXPERIENCED PLAYERS WHO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING which discredits the original poster:

http://forum.worldof...port-your-arty/

http://forum.worldof...with-artillery/

http://forum.worldof...3-scouting-101/

http://forum.worldof...-didnt-help-you

http://forum.worldof...uicide-scouting

This thread has a video which demonstrates SMART and EFFECTIVE scouting:

http://forum.worldof...nk-for-scouting

Whiskey_dod #44 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 15:11

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 25763 battles
  • 1,092
  • Member since:
    10-07-2010

View PostMwokee, on Dec 11 2011 - 14:38, said:

There are many discussions from EXPERIENCED PLAYERS WHO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING which discredits the original poster:

The scouting guide is from early July. The t-50-2 has completely changed the face of scouting, and came out after this article. Now.... this does not mean that the guide is completely null and void. Passive scouting still is a very important aspect of scouting, and is a tool that that I employ often.

Also, communication with arty is a 2-way street. I can ask when they are reloaded, and then I can light targets for them. But when arty tries to bark orders at me, I usually kindly tell them to not micromanage me. And yes. I understand fully that arty is the main firepower of a team, but there is more than just arty on a team. Other tanks need to see things to shoot them as well.

Oh and... To quote one of the guides you linked.

Quote

You’re a light tank. Laugh manically as enemy artillery pose little to no threat to you and the green squares are going to give half of there credits and xp to you. Not a bad deal. But now remember your light tank basics. Once spotted move, and keep moving, and those straight lines are for squares. Basically drive drunk. Also you should read this scout thread.
http://forum.worldof...-a-hated-scout/

This is from
http://forum.worldof...with-artillery/

I would strongly suggest reading the articles you link. especially since you saying that they "discredit the original poster" when one of them CREDITS THE ORIGINAL POSTER.

Mwokee #45 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 15:28

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 51972 battles
  • 35
  • [BRIKS] BRIKS
  • Member since:
    10-20-2011
So there are those who perpetuate the same myths and bad play. The overall conventional wisdom versus this one person pretty much says it all. Too bad!

Whiskey_dod #46 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 16:09

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 25763 battles
  • 1,092
  • Member since:
    10-07-2010

View PostMwokee, on Dec 11 2011 - 15:28, said:

So there are those who perpetuate the same myths and bad play. The overall conventional wisdom versus this one person pretty much says it all. Too bad!

Haters gonna hate.

uhateme #47 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 16:27

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7973 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    03-08-2011

View PostWhiskey_dod, on Dec 11 2011 - 16:09, said:

Haters gonna hate.

Lol ikr, thanks for standing up for me :). My left hand's middle finger is broken and it's hard for me to type anything at all let alone argue with people. Prevents me from playing too :/ reason why I am on the forums. Don't worry I chose this name cause I knew players were gonna hate on my play style.

Someone said I should look over my grammar, which I will right now, thanks.

Edit:

View Posterikpurne, on Dec 11 2011 - 05:46, said:

Thanks for the awesome guide, man!

Since you mention you'd like to make it as grammatically correct as possible, I'd suggest correcting all the your/you're, there/their/they're, etc. They make it a bit hard to read; every time you come across one, your brain is like, "Wait, what?"

If you want, I could do it for you.

I didn't find many, feel free to correct me.

Whiskey_dod #48 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 16:46

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 25763 battles
  • 1,092
  • Member since:
    10-07-2010

View Postuhateme, on Dec 11 2011 - 16:27, said:

Lol ikr, thanks for standing up for me :). My left hand's middle finger is broken and it's hard for me to type anything at all let alone argue with people. Prevents me from playing too :/ reason why I am on the forums. Don't worry I chose this name cause I knew players were gonna hate on my play style.

Someone said I should look over my grammar, which I will right now, thanks.

No problem Broski  B)

SapphireFox #49 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 17:12

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5626 battles
  • 206
  • Member since:
    06-18-2011

View PostMwokee, on Dec 11 2011 - 15:28, said:

So there are those who perpetuate the same myths and bad play. The overall conventional wisdom versus this one person pretty much says it all. Too bad!

So you would follow a lemming rush just because the mass majority of a group thought it was a good idea? I sure hope not but, that is the logic you are advocating with that statement.

Here is a good idea and would actually be a fun expansion of your knowledge base. Why don't you buy yourself a GOOD scout tank and experience how scouting works first hand. I can see your player profile and I see that you have used the t-26, now why don't either grind through that tank and the t-46 to get to the T-50 line. From there you should have one of the to THE best scout tanks in the game. If this is a problem or you find it difficult then grind free xp on your Hummel or M10 until you bypass both tanks and straight into the T-50. It would save a garage space if you ground the free xp until you bought the T-50.


Now after getting well, any good scout tank you should try what you feel is scouting then you should try the advice in this thread. Compare the difference and come back to argue about how best to use a tank you actually have and advice you have actually used.

erikpurne #50 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 17:38

    Private

  • Players
  • 2629 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    07-19-2011

View Postuhateme, on Dec 11 2011 - 16:27, said:

I didn't find many, feel free to correct me.

Dude. You really didn't find many? There are like 50. It's absolutely ridiculous. Almost every single one is wrong. Give me an email address to send it to and I'll send you a corrected version.

uhateme #51 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 19:22

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7973 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    03-08-2011

View Posterikpurne, on Dec 11 2011 - 17:38, said:

Dude. You really didn't find many? There are like 50. It's absolutely ridiculous. Almost every single one is wrong. Give me an email address to send it to and I'll send you a corrected version.

Umm okay, just makes u wonder how no one else noticed, I'll send u the email I want u to use via message, have a blast lol and thanks. (If I think I'm still right after you edit it and I read it over I might not re-adjust it to what you recommended just saying you are doing this at your own risk.)

erikpurne #52 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 19:36

    Private

  • Players
  • 2629 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    07-19-2011

View Postuhateme, on Dec 11 2011 - 19:22, said:

Umm okay, just makes u wonder how no one else noticed, I'll send u the email I want u to use via message, have a blast lol and thanks. (If I think I'm still right after you edit it and read it over I might not re-adjust it to what you recommended just saying you are doing this at your own risk.)

OK, I'm on it.

About the whole disagreeing thing: not to be a dick, but I don't think you're really in a good position to judge the corrections.  Y'know, since you're the one that made the mistakes that needed correcting in the first place. And I don't know why nobody else has pointed it out, but we're on the internet here - grammar is not people's forte 'round these here parts.

How about this: I'll send you the corrected version, and if you disagree with any of the changes, let me know and I'll explain the grammar behind it.

uhateme #53 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 19:39

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7973 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    03-08-2011

View Posterikpurne, on Dec 11 2011 - 19:36, said:

OK, I'm on it.

About the whole disagreeing thing: not to be a dick, but I don't think you're really in a good position to judge the corrections.  Y'know, since you're the one that made the mistakes that needed correcting in the first place. And I don't know why nobody else has pointed it out, but we're on the internet here - grammar is not people's forte 'round these here parts.

How about this: I'll send you the corrected version, and if you disagree with any of the changes, let me know and I'll explain the grammar behind it.


That's sorta what I meant, if you can explain anything I disagree with that's fine, but if it happens to be that I was okay with the grammar to start with then yeah.

erikpurne #54 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 20:43

    Private

  • Players
  • 2629 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    07-19-2011

View Postuhateme, on Dec 11 2011 - 19:39, said:

That's sorta what I meant, if you can explain anything I disagree with that's fine, but if it happens to be that I was okay with the grammar to start with then yeah.

Done. Let me know what you think.

By the way, thanks for not getting mad. I know I can come off as a dick, but I don't mean anything by it. Just can't help it, apparently.

uhateme #55 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 21:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7973 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    03-08-2011

View Posterikpurne, on Dec 11 2011 - 20:43, said:

Done. Let me know what you think.

By the way, thanks for not getting mad. I know I can come off as a dick, but I don't mean anything by it. Just can't help it, apparently.


Thanks a lot, and no worries I knew (presumed) you weren't trying to be hostile or anything it was just that the wording you used seem harsher than intended. I'll read it and get back to you once I get the chance but right now I barely have the time to write a simple post like this.

Edit:

Also sorry that I wasn't clear enough which may of caused some misunderstanding but there is nothing to worry about now :).

wildspear #56 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 23:33

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7248 battles
  • 70
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011
Hey uhateme, at least the flame war did prove one thing.......you know how to be a hated scout....lol

uhateme #57 Posted Dec 12 2011 - 03:06

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7973 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    03-08-2011

View Postwildspear, on Dec 11 2011 - 23:33, said:

Hey uhateme, at least the flame war did prove one thing.......you know how to be a hated scout....lol

You know it :). Gotta live up to the name. :D

pavemint #58 Posted Dec 14 2011 - 19:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5811 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011
I decided to be an arty as my first tank and after reading through the forum I decided I wanted a Hummel. Grinded through the Grille (a fun arty) and I now have a maxed out Hummel. As a Hummel, I came to despise the T-50 and T-50-2 tanks! If there was one on the opposing team it would disrupt my game as I spent more time watching around myself for them appearing to kill me! They would get behind me and I couldn't turn or maneuver fast enough to hit them! I hated them! So my next tank had to be a T-50! I now have a fully equipped Hummel and a not maxed out T-50 on his way to a T-50-2. Fun to play good arty and then learning scout at the same time. If I get killed early, I just switch to the other tank for a new battle. Great versatility in this game! It's so great to make it to the arty's hiding spots as a scout and kill them as a scout. Hated scouts are the nemesis of arties!

Whiskey_dod #59 Posted Dec 14 2011 - 21:27

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 25763 battles
  • 1,092
  • Member since:
    10-07-2010

View Postpavemint, on Dec 14 2011 - 19:17, said:

I decided to be an arty as my first tank and after reading through the forum I decided I wanted a Hummel. Grinded through the Grille (a fun arty) and I now have a maxed out Hummel. As a Hummel, I came to despise the T-50 and T-50-2 tanks! If there was one on the opposing team it would disrupt my game as I spent more time watching around myself for them appearing to kill me! They would get behind me and I couldn't turn or maneuver fast enough to hit them! I hated them! So my next tank had to be a T-50! I now have a fully equipped Hummel and a not maxed out T-50 on his way to a T-50-2. Fun to play good arty and then learning scout at the same time. If I get killed early, I just switch to the other tank for a new battle. Great versatility in this game! It's so great to make it to the arty's hiding spots as a scout and kill them as a scout. Hated scouts are the nemesis of arties!

Indeed. Very handy to play both classes. You can learn from the struggles of one to improve the other.

xKrakeNx #60 Posted Dec 14 2011 - 21:55

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 787 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

View PostMwokee, on Dec 11 2011 - 15:28, said:

So there are those who perpetuate the same myths and bad play. The overall conventional wisdom versus this one person pretty much says it all. Too bad!
Considering the fact that every battle ive played against u i have killed you quite easily .... Your experience equals nothing so before you try trolling someones guide might wanna work on your own skills cause your a bad player.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users