Tiger and new 0.5.4 update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

MrVic #21 Posted Sep 06 2010 - 23:11

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3962 battles
  • [TB] TB
Been playing my Tiger I now for a good bit.   So far have no complaints its an amazing weapon system :)

Sturmtiger_304 #22 Posted Sep 07 2010 - 15:08

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostMrVic, on Sep 06 2010 - 23:11, said:

Been playing my Tiger I now for a good bit. So far have no complaints its an amazing weapon system :)

I've a Tiger VI as well, but when I see an IS-3, or IS-4, I might as well turn around and hide in a bush, hoping they won't notice me.

Tmuginn #23 Posted Sep 14 2010 - 14:51

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 3291 battles
  • [S-0-B] S-0-B
I'm so disappointed with my Tiger I, I have almost lost my interest in otherwise a great game.  :(

Vertigo312 #24 Posted Sep 15 2010 - 17:58

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostTmuginn, on Sep 14 2010 - 14:51, said:

I'm so disappointed with my Tiger I, I have almost lost my interest in otherwise a great game.  :(

+1

vince_grant #25 Posted Sep 15 2010 - 20:33

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The tiger seems even weaker than before patch. 5 games, 2 fires, 8 destroyed guns, 3 engine loses, 6 turret ring damages etc. The tiger is broken, please for the love of god fix it  :(

Tiny #26 Posted Sep 15 2010 - 23:26

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Seriously, if you think that the Tiger I is a bad tank in this game then maybe you need to look over your play style.

I'm making on average 25000 per game and have peeked 50000+.

The KWK43 is an amazing gun and the tank itself has alot of hitpoints.

Only complaint I have is that the ammo rack is damaged sometimes but that's life.

vince_grant #27 Posted Sep 16 2010 - 05:47

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostTiny, on Sep 15 2010 - 23:26, said:

Seriously, if you think that the Tiger I is a bad tank in this game then maybe you need to look over your play style.

I'm making on average 25000 per game and have peeked 50000+.

The KWK43 is an amazing gun and the tank itself has alot of hitpoints.

Only complaint I have is that the ammo rack is damaged sometimes but that's life.

I played a lot with the tiger before the recent patch, and it did suffer from quite a few module damages, but after the patch, literally EVERY battle where i get hit, i get module damage. Ammo rack is not the worst however, turret ring and gun is. Also, the crew dies a lot.

The tiger is not bad at all, the tank it self is really good, it just suffers from a lot of module damage, which makes it a rather sad experience when you come from vk36. Tiger should be an improvement over the vk, but at this point, only the gun and more hp is better and the hp is kinda negated from the fact that you catch fire much too often.

Napoleon420 #28 Posted Sep 16 2010 - 19:28

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
ahahah if you compare all the historical facts about the Tiger I compared to the ingame specs maaaaaan looks like theres some super biased stuff going on. In fact I compared All the Russian and German vehicles by tier and in all of them the Russian vehicles were actually far superior AND even the Jagdtiger or w/e is weaker than the Soviet counterpart which is one less in tier. Don't give me the crap about oh they have slightly more HP. How about you take the HP out and give me the historical Specs which would make the German Side actually worth playing. Boy I cant wait to see how bad they made the USA's Vehicles compared the the "Superior" Russian counterparts.

vince_grant #29 Posted Sep 17 2010 - 13:30

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
One thing i would like to know is, are devs even looking into these problems? Why is it difficult to change some ingame values to this tank, so it gets on par with the other tiers of its class?

Bison #30 Posted Sep 17 2010 - 13:56

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 37285 battles
Well I can say I have learned to like my Tiger I and I have learned how to use it. It is great against tier 7 and below. It takes a lot of work to take on a tier 8 and tier 9 and 10 is very hard work. It can not take on a tier 9 and 10 alone it needs help just like any tier 7 tank. I have got 3 mods on the tank and 100% crew and second sub crew at 98% and I love playing my Tiger. It is a very good tier 7 tank. I have a Tiger II as a tier 8 tank and I like this tank too. But it has taken sometime to learn how to use each of my 5 tanks. But in my over 4100 missions I have been in from the start of beta, I have learn one thing a tank alone is a dead tank any tier.

Napoleon420 #31 Posted Sep 17 2010 - 15:31

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postvince_grant, on Sep 17 2010 - 13:30, said:

One thing i would like to know is, are devs even looking into these problems? Why is it difficult to change some ingame values to this tank, so it gets on par with the other tiers of its class?
Its difficult because you cant have the German tanks being better than the Russian ones now can you  :angry:

darzok #32 Posted Sep 17 2010 - 21:23

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostNapoleon420, on Sep 16 2010 - 19:28, said:

ahahah if you compare all the historical facts about the Tiger I compared to the ingame specs maaaaaan looks like theres some super biased stuff going on. In fact I compared All the Russian and German vehicles by tier and in all of them the Russian vehicles were actually far superior AND even the Jagdtiger or w/e is weaker than the Soviet counterpart which is one less in tier. Don't give me the crap about oh they have slightly more HP. How about you take the HP out and give me the historical Specs which would make the German Side actually worth playing. Boy I cant wait to see how bad they made the USA's Vehicles compared the the "Superior" Russian counterparts.

To be fair the russian tanks in the war was all ways better over all than the germans.

The reason the Tiger is seen as a mightly monster is the fact it was fighting tanks around 2-4 years out of date the sherman would of been great 2 years earlyer but by the time they was used it was to weak only the firefly version was good enough to be fair as even the upgraded 76mm sherman was poor.

The russians on the other hand form the start till the end had better tanks shocking thing is people will not allow them self to belive that fact.

KV at the time was unkillable to all but the 88 when it game out.
KV-2 Just as unkillable and able to take the 88 and not all ways be taken out even with a few hits.
T-34 just made short work of the german tanks.
IS-2 able to beat tigers and one punched a hole in a jagdpather if i remmber right and had the shell exit out the back.

That been said the Tiger in game is good a powerfull sniper can take a few hits systerm damage is NO where close to as bad as most people here clame.

That been said there are a few error's in game like the tiger been slower than it was in real life.

vince_grant #33 Posted Sep 17 2010 - 23:18

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postdarzok, on Sep 17 2010 - 21:23, said:

To be fair the russian tanks in the war was all ways better over all than the germans.

The reason the Tiger is seen as a mightly monster is the fact it was fighting tanks around 2-4 years out of date the sherman would of been great 2 years earlyer but by the time they was used it was to weak only the firefly version was good enough to be fair as even the upgraded 76mm sherman was poor.

The russians on the other hand form the start till the end had better tanks shocking thing is people will not allow them self to belive that fact.

KV at the time was unkillable to all but the 88 when it game out.
KV-2 Just as unkillable and able to take the 88 and not all ways be taken out even with a few hits.
T-34 just made short work of the german tanks.
IS-2 able to beat tigers and one punched a hole in a jagdpather if i remmber right and had the shell exit out the back.

That been said the Tiger in game is good a powerfull sniper can take a few hits systerm damage is NO where close to as bad as most people here clame.

That been said there are a few error's in game like the tiger been slower than it was in real life.

We had this discussion in general chat earlier, and noone is complaining about the tanks performance, because the tank in game is awesome, the game mechanics behind it, however, which gives 99% chance of module/crew damage, and 30-40% chance of fire (others is like 10%) is really bad, and this fact doesn't change because you somehow are able to snipe people 1km+ away and seemingly never get hit, even by arty.

The few times a day where i go in close combat and don't get module/crew damage or catch fire, the tiger owns.

To me, the only improvement the tiger have had with the latest patch, is the reduced repair cost.

JoelCab #34 Posted Sep 18 2010 - 07:43

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9630 battles
I must say I feel pretty pathetic after a hetzer killed me in my Tiger. What happened was I ran into him and fired a shot took him down to about 12% then he shot and it took out my gun so I tried to ram him to no effect then he shot again started a fire. Then I finished him off but I died 5 seconds later because the fire killed me  <_<

darzok #35 Posted Sep 18 2010 - 11:50

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postvince_grant, on Sep 17 2010 - 23:18, said:

We had this discussion in general chat earlier, and noone is complaining about the tanks performance, because the tank in game is awesome, the game mechanics behind it, however, which gives 99% chance of module/crew damage, and 30-40% chance of fire (others is like 10%) is really bad, and this fact doesn't change because you somehow are able to snipe people 1km+ away and seemingly never get hit, even by arty.

The few times a day where i go in close combat and don't get module/crew damage or catch fire, the tiger owns.

To me, the only improvement the tiger have had with the latest patch, is the reduced repair cost.

I see apart form trolling in game you wish to start here only now your clame's are not as overblown as before.

The Tiger is fine its systerm damage is not as bad as you clamed in game but now you changed your mind and no longer seem to clame loltrackor 1 shot you for every systerm damaged.

There is nothing wrong with the Tiger now its fine if any tank needs a look at now its the king tiger that seems to now suffer the prepatch Tiger systerm damage.

That post was aimed at Napoleon420 as well who was going on about historical fact and whining about how russian tanks are better dispite them been better in real life at the time.

vince_grant #36 Posted Sep 18 2010 - 23:07

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postdarzok, on Sep 18 2010 - 11:50, said:

I see apart form trolling in game you wish to start here only now your clame's are not as overblown as before.

The Tiger is fine its systerm damage is not as bad as you clamed in game but now you changed your mind and no longer seem to clame loltrackor 1 shot you for every systerm damaged.

There is nothing wrong with the Tiger now its fine if any tank needs a look at now its the king tiger that seems to now suffer the prepatch Tiger systerm damage.

That post was aimed at Napoleon420 as well who was going on about historical fact and whining about how russian tanks are better dispite them been better in real life at the time.

Obviously you don't remember the discussion, and its fine, cause i never mentioned anything about loltractors.

I have yet to try the king tiger, so i can't comment on that, but the tiger is by no means fine when it comes to system/crew damage. Fire does seem to have improved though, and i admit i might have been unlucky the day i got it, cause i caught fire like 4-5 times the first hour. But the modules are broken, and its fine that you still all out denies it, but the devs are in fact looking into this matter, so there has to be something wrong with it. Also, ask like any tiger driver in battles, and they will tell you that it is broken.

And i repeat myself; tank is fine, module damage is not.

T92_LT #37 Posted Sep 19 2010 - 00:34

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 15542 battles
  • [HACKD] HACKD

View Postvince_grant, on Sep 18 2010 - 23:07, said:

But the modules are broken, and its fine that you still all out denies it, but the devs are in fact looking into this matter, so there has to be something wrong with it.
As far as I know the devs have not determined that there is any issue with Tiger module damage, nor have I even heard them say that they are even looking in to it. I have not noticed any more module damage in my Tiger than in my VK3002(DB) or T-44. Patch 0.5.x took care of a lot of issues with module damage. Specifically with fires and ammo rack explosions.

Napoleon420 #38 Posted Sep 19 2010 - 07:27

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postsarfa, on Sep 19 2010 - 07:15, said:

you must be lucky, befor i got CO2 and wet rack every other battle i cought fire or ammo blow up.

that is exactly what happened to me every single round so I just said screw it and got a Russian tank which is stacked way better than their German counterparts. There is actually no point in even having the German side there everything is weaker than the Russian side lol.

Varrakk #39 Posted Sep 19 2010 - 10:09

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11760 battles
  • [ATLAS] ATLAS
Tiger I is the most iconic vehicle in the game, and its utterly rubbish with the amounts of module damage it takes.

T92_LT #40 Posted Sep 19 2010 - 14:13

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 15542 battles
  • [HACKD] HACKD
Out of curiosity, for all the people complaining about module damage, what other tanks/vehicles do you have? I ask this because I would like to see some comparative analysis and knowing which vehicles you are comparing the Tiger's module damage to would be helpful. Also, if anyone has any empirical evidence that would be great too. Anecdotal evidence will only go so far.

I haven't noticed any more/less module damage in my Tiger than in my other vehicles. Except maybe the Hummel and Leo because they die way before they sustain module damage. The Tiger is on par with the VK3002(DB) and T-44 as far as module damage as far as I have observed while playing all 3 post-wipe. I must also admit that I am a rather aggressive Tiger driver and have a low survival rate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users