Tiger and new 0.5.4 update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

vince_grant #41 Posted Sep 19 2010 - 15:18

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Im driving T-43, Jagdtiger and just recently started on spg's, and my T-43 and JT have almost no module/crew damage compared to the Tiger. This is why i feel kinda "shocked" when coming from T-43, JT and VK36.

Varrakk #42 Posted Sep 19 2010 - 19:51

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11760 battles
  • [ATLAS] ATLAS
Currently have T-44, IS-7, SU-8, S-51, VK3001(P), Tiger II and VK4502.
And I do notice a significant difference on module damage between my Russian and German tanks.
Ausf B is probably worse then my pre-wipe Panther. Like my 1P, it loses tracks constantly.

Really considering getting Toolbox

The_Black_Bishop #43 Posted Sep 19 2010 - 20:19

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Just adding my 2p here as I have played Tiger I quite a bit now on the ruski release server.

The Tiger does indeed get a LOT of module damage and bouncing shots feels like winning the lotto. I have both wet ammorack and anti-frag liner on mine but it doesnt help squat.

I had a fit of pure rage the other day when a T-34 popped up at my side (strange how low visibility you have some times) and fired -1- shot into the side of my Tiger resulting in the turret being knocked out. Which offcourse stopped me from being able to fire back. Then on his very next shot he knocks out my gun! A T-34 (not an 85) knocks out my Tiger!!! I turned off the game and went to blow out some steam.

I'm sorry to say that although this game is really really good in many technical and gameplay aspects, the pure cold negative bias towards german vehicles is ridiculous. I dont expect my Tiger tank to be a monster that rolls over everything, but this is just stupid.

So my two worst experiences in this game so far is the Maus (which performs horribly compared to IS-7) and the Tiger.

I would also note that I have played russian heavy line up to IS-4 and I have NEVER had any complaint about them like I have with the german counterparts.

Just silly...the devs needs to fix this and make a more balanced game or they will have their asses ripped in EU release for being too pro-russian. The game needs balance, and it's not there at the moment in the higher heavy tank tiers.

Tmuginn #44 Posted Sep 20 2010 - 15:00

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 3291 battles
  • [S-0-B] S-0-B

View PostRoberbar, on Sep 19 2010 - 20:19, said:

Just silly...the devs needs to fix this and make a more balanced game or they will have their asses ripped in EU release for being too pro-russian. The game needs balance, and it's not there at the moment in the higher heavy tank tiers.

+1

rodhathal #45 Posted Sep 20 2010 - 16:49

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
+10

I said this too a lot of times.. its just found deaf ears.

Burt007 #46 Posted Sep 21 2010 - 20:28

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9482 battles
I know that it has been said before that it has no effect, but I run with a 65% full ammo load and I noticed my module damage went way down. Again, let me state I know devs have said it makes no difference but I also know that before the wipe it made a difference and afterwards I have never loaded up 100% to find out.

Considering the complete lack of actually being like the original items I wish they had made the Tiger I and the King Tiger that last 2 of the German heavy lines and just buffed them a bit. This wouldn't be that hard as The Maus, Ausf B, IS-3, IS-4, and IS-7 never saw WWII action, and the IS-7 is even a post war tank and only 3 were even built.

ZorinWarfield #47 Posted Sep 23 2010 - 00:22

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Got my Tiger I tonight and was very worried by the negative comments in here, but I can't agree. I had several battles, made usually a profit of 20k plus and did not have any increase of module damage over my previous VK36 or PzIV. Maybe I am just lucky, who knows.

The_Black_Bishop #48 Posted Sep 23 2010 - 07:28

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostZorinWarfield, on Sep 23 2010 - 00:22, said:

Got my Tiger I tonight and was very worried by the negative comments in here, but I can't agree. I had several battles, made usually a profit of 20k plus and did not have any increase of module damage over my previous VK36 or PzIV. Maybe I am just lucky, who knows.

Let's hear what you have to say after around 100 battles...

Most of here aren't complaining just because we like to complain. I rather like the game but there is something seriously wrong with the gamebalance right now german vs russian tanks. And the Tiger tank is a joke because it takes so much module damage it cripples you after the very first 1-2 shots.

ZorinWarfield #49 Posted Sep 24 2010 - 04:07

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostRoberbar, on Sep 23 2010 - 07:28, said:

Let's hear what you have to say after around 100 battles...

Most of here aren't complaining just because we like to complain. I rather like the game but there is something seriously wrong with the gamebalance right now german vs russian tanks. And the Tiger tank is a joke because it takes so much module damage it cripples you after the very first 1-2 shots.

So, 50 battles foughts.

Best tank I have had so far as a package. Only managed to have a better survival rate in my IS, while having dealt less damage and destroyed less targets.

As you can see, I have no fancy equipment, only camo net and binoculars.

Modul damage was only high when I was hit by several tanks/arty at once or when a heavy managed to hit me in the back at point blank. Yet these are the usual occasions to expect such high module damage, IMO.

Attached you can see the Tiger stats, its outfit and crew as well as an example for a good(003), mediocre(004) and bad battle(006).

Overall I earned ~500.000 credits in 50 battles. Buying new suspension and turret along the way.

Now either I am very lucky or I play the Tiger to it strenghts.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_008.jpg   266.42K
  • Attached File   shot_007.jpg   377.38K
  • Attached File   shot_003.jpg   187.03K
  • Attached File   shot_004.jpg   232.88K
  • Attached File   shot_006.jpg   247.67K

tomala #50 Posted Sep 24 2010 - 08:38

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Tiger is ok with engine (for 25k exp) ;)

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_002.jpg   252.43K
  • Attached File   shot_063.jpg   269.01K
  • Attached File   shot_065.jpg   220.63K
  • Attached File   shot_071.jpg   231.28K

Skwabie #51 Posted Sep 24 2010 - 15:10

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3 battles

View PostZorinWarfield, on Sep 24 2010 - 04:07, said:

So, 50 battles foughts.

Best tank I have had so far as a package. Only managed to have a better survival rate in my IS, while having dealt less damage and destroyed less targets.

As you can see, I have no fancy equipment, only camo net and binoculars.

Modul damage was only high when I was hit by several tanks/arty at once or when a heavy managed to hit me in the back at point blank. Yet these are the usual occasions to expect such high module damage, IMO.

Attached you can see the Tiger stats, its outfit and crew as well as an example for a good(003), mediocre(004) and bad battle(006).

Overall I earned ~500.000 credits in 50 battles. Buying new suspension and turret along the way.

Now either I am very lucky or I play the Tiger to it strenghts.

Meh...
Very nice indeed, but the tank is new, you love your new tank, plus it's the Tiger, and the need for upgrades drives ya. ;)
The results will be more "average" after a while

well...or you could be just the guy to drive it, in that case congrats

ZorinWarfield #52 Posted Sep 25 2010 - 04:09

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Report after 100 battles. Loving it more and more. With the long 88 this is on the brink of feeling über, to be honest.

Attached my best battle so far, exp and credits earned, and the current status after 100 battles.

If I should estimate the number of total losses because of fire and subsequent module damage it would be ~5 times in 100 battles.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_012.jpg   188.95K
  • Attached File   shot_013.jpg   274.48K

The_Black_Bishop #53 Posted Sep 25 2010 - 08:47

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostZorinWarfield, on Sep 25 2010 - 04:09, said:

Report after 100 battles. Loving it more and more. With the long 88 this is on the brink of feeling über, to be honest.

Attached my best battle so far, exp and credits earned, and the current status after 100 battles.

If I should estimate the number of total losses because of fire and subsequent module damage it would be ~5 times in 100 battles.

They must be selling grade A and B Tigers then...because mine takes a shitload of module damage. Pretty much every fight on the first or second shot I take module damage. Usually gun, turret or ammo.

jvilnisaust #54 Posted Sep 25 2010 - 13:26

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3766 battles
New Tiger drivers are having a lot of trouble with it. The tank is pretty pathetic until you get the upgrades and until then you are in a losing battle where money is concerned.

But my main concern is that directly comparing it to a same tier Russian tank (IS) the Tiger costs a lot more to repair, feels weaker and is a lot harder to drive to it's strengths.

At least make it that you can break even for repair costs even if you lose.

ZorinWarfield #55 Posted Sep 25 2010 - 21:59

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postjvilnisaust, on Sep 25 2010 - 13:26, said:

New Tiger drivers are having a lot of trouble with it. The tank is pretty pathetic until you get the upgrades and until then you are in a losing battle where money is concerned.

But my main concern is that directly comparing it to a same tier Russian tank (IS) the Tiger costs a lot more to repair, feels weaker and is a lot harder to drive to it's strengths.

At least make it that you can break even for repair costs even if you lose.

I have a Tiger and IS and I actually prefer the Tiger. The IS is rather cumbersome and even having both maxed out on researchable items, the Tiger still feels more agile.

Granted, the IS allows you to make money faster, cause the repair bills are only 80% of the Tigers', but it is also a less sophisticated machine. Plus, the 88mm, at least to me, is superior to the 100mm.

vince_grant #56 Posted Sep 26 2010 - 01:03

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
As been said before, the Tiger itself is fine, its only the module damage/crew death that is a problem. Bring it in line with the IS, and the Tiger is fixed.

Schneider #57 Posted Sep 27 2010 - 13:52

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The truth ?
Tiger end nov42 in Tunesia Versus Britisch and us (Like a knife trough butter  :Smile-playing: )
Tiger mostly defence.
Tigermania ? (Everry spotted tank by allies was named tiger  :rolleyes:
T34 wonderfull tank but versus tiger 1 vs 1 ? no chanse

Yes i am a Tigerfan

Because it was the best tank in the best Situation.

Where there better tanks in WWII?

Perhaps

It is not for nothing the tiger is on the front of the WOT cover B)

:Smile_honoring:

schlurcher #58 Posted Sep 27 2010 - 13:59

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
My opinion: It's fine and I had no equipment installed. Maybe the module damage is a tiny bit too high. At least the turret ring is fragile as hell. Had one battle where it broke down 3 or even 4 times, can't remember clearly.

Attached are my stats.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_002.jpg   336.29K

Hethwill_Khan #59 Posted Sep 28 2010 - 11:33

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Well, reading all the negative feedback i really wonder how do you use the vehicle...

Tiger is a killer. It isn't a "steel wall" as the soviets but hell, accuracy and shot power ensures he can deal with any threat provided a couple mediums support.

Two Tiger playing coordinated and with imagination rock the field.

Have yet to loose money with it, coming on top on about 35% overall.

Modules blast as much as the T43, JgdPanther and others.

So instead of being a vehicle issue, i'd guess it's more a play style issue...

I don't use ever auto aim with the tiger, i do drive by shots instead of fighting head on, and i make sure i never show my flank armor to any enemy direction.

Tiger = RAWR!

Hopefully the Koenig will be a nice addition to my collection :)

r34ch #60 Posted Sep 29 2010 - 14:53

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • [D3RP] D3RP

View PostHethwill, on Sep 28 2010 - 11:33, said:

Have yet to loose money with it, coming on top on about 35% overall.

Modules blast as much as the T43, JgdPanther and others.

So instead of being a vehicle issue, i'd guess it's more a play style issue...
Totally agree, the thing is a beast in the right hands.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users