You Ask, We Reply #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
345 replies to this topic

Gaea #1 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 01:07

User Experience Researcher

• Players
  • 1450 battles
The new You Ask, We Reply has been announced.

Read more!

Drunken_Walrus #2 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 01:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15279 battles
"Will you do something about the E-75 front hull armour? It’s almost impossible to hit it with a 260mm penetration gun even though the armour is only 160mm."

"Not just yet, but we will."

Great, there goes the only tier 9 heavy that could face the IS-4. I hate to cry russian bias, as I wholeheartedly believe it is not true, but I am not so sure now...

Millbarge #3 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 01:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38543 battles
I love how the devs time and again ignore the things the players want and instead focus on making sure that no Russian tank is ever at a disadvantage.

"Will there be any weaponry changes in American heavy tanks?
  • Currently, we will not be adding anything special in terms of weaponry to American heavy tanks."
-  Instead they are lowering the effectiveness of AP rounds in v.7.0 to make them even more useless.

"What will happen to camouflage, bought for gold after the 7.0  release, once adaptive camouflage is introduced? Will the latter  automatically become adaptive or is it an all-together different  category at a different price?
  • Adaptive camouflage  will be a consumable, which you will have to purchase and use as a  consumable. Once in use, it will adapt any camouflage to a map allowing  you to be more discrete. Though we will not be introducing this in 7.1."
-  Cuz if there was one thing that EVERYONE was begging for it is MORE invisatanks

"In one of the video guides about tier IX heavy tanks,  it was  mentioned that a machine gun would be removed from the VK4502(P) front.  Will you be doing something about it in the next patch? My enemies like  to shoot this machine gun off and they are getting better with every  try.
  • We will leave the  MG where it is. Try to intimidate your adversaries with its size  instead. Perhaps then they will show you more respect!"
-  Instead of fixing that glaring weak-spot, that shouldn't be there, they recommend that you point that weak-spot at the enemy and dare them to shoot it.

"Will you do something about the E-75 front hull armour? It’s almost  impossible to hit it with a 260mm penetration gun even though the armour  is only 160mm.  
  • Not just yet, but we will."
-  So they are gonna make the IS-4 and IS-7 bounce way more incoming rounds from every direction and then "fix" the one German tank that actually bounces shots from the front.

"Will you increase camo in the Jagdpanther, Ferdinand and Jagdtiger?
  • Aren’t they nearly perfect already?"
-  This has to be a joke...  the JadgTiger especially has shit for camo.  A T-54 on the move, in the open, firing his gun, will always have better camo.  So NO... NO NO NO NO NO NO NO... Not even close to perfect

edit: i also totally agree with W0lfy's post below me. Well said.

W0lfy #4 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 01:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8353 battles
Has this set of questions been compiled and answered by a person different to usual?
Some of the replies to questions (that many players take seriously) have been turned into a joke with silly or flippant replies, which in-turn is disrespectful and detracts from the concept of the the 'Question and Answer' series.
Rather than make fun of players questions (and what they consider legitimate concerns), please leave those ones out and attempt to answer the questions in the usual detailed manner rather than brief or joke replies.

Just one example:

Will other tanks than the French tanks be added in the 7.1 update?

Most certainly. We are determined to expand and introduce new tank trees. The more the merrier.
What is wrong with answering this question in a detailed serious manner?
Many players are very interested to know when the Russian and American tech-trees will be updated.
If you are "Most certainly" adding tanks other than French ones in 7.1, what will those tanks be (obviously not new tank trees as you suggest) so are 'non French' tanks going to be the changes to the Russian and American tanks?

Brawl987 #5 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 01:45

Captain

• Players
  • 6246 battles
Looks like I'm almost done with this game. Despite my obsession with it, these devs are totally ruining the game.
These "You Ask, We Reply" things are the only way, it seems, that the devs actually listen to the community.
They need to be working on the problems, not adding new stuff and ergo new problems.

T1TON #6 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 01:48

Private

• Players
  • 6720 battles
If any, what new tanks will be added in the 7.0 update?

JamesDean #7 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 01:53

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 6516 battles
Wow.  So many sarcastic replies.  Inspires much confidence....

Eliminateur #8 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 01:59

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15719 battles
where where these questions compiled, i never saw the thread in this subforum compiling questions anymore....

Will you do something about the E-75 front hull armour? It’s almost  impossible to hit it with a 260mm penetration gun even though the armour  is only 160mm.  

• Not just yet, but we will."

apparently not fast enough, it's too little too late, i'm sick tired of those fantasy E75 tanks bouncing my T95 monster gun unless they are perfectly still, looking the other way and by sheer luck the shot goes to where i aim it -lower hull-(those witha T95 know how bugged the gun is) and even then, pray it doesn't bounces.

so yeah, it needs a fix urgently, it should be being fixed for 7.0, not for some unknown point in the future....

DerJager #9 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:05

Major

• Players
  • 5986 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
*edited. Damn translation errors*

Garnett101st #10 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23548 battles

View PostRankor1, on Nov 24 2011 - 01:23, said:

"Will you do something about the E-75 front hull armour? It’s almost impossible to hit it with a 260mm penetration gun even though the armour is only 160mm."

"Not just yet, but we will."

Great, there goes the only tier 9 heavy that could face the IS-4. I hate to cry russian bias, as I wholeheartedly believe it is not true, but I am not so sure now...

You sound stupid, IS4 has awful armor for tier 9 (excluding T34), KTs pierce them no problem,Lowes pierce them no problem, they're slow, they have the lowest HP... Devs...E75 IS FINE, IS4 NEEDS MORE HP!!!!!

Only idiots who auto aim, Or aim at the upper hull of the E75 complain that it bounces... Any gun with more than 200mm CAN pierce its lower hull EASILY! Stop complaining some tanks are OP...

DerJager #11 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:12

Major

• Players
  • 5986 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

View PostEliminateur, on Nov 24 2011 - 01:59, said:

where where these questions compiled, i never saw the thread in this subforum compiling questions anymore....

apparently not fast enough, it's too little too late, i'm sick tired of those fantasy E75 tanks bouncing my T95 monster gun unless they are perfectly still, looking the other way and by sheer luck the shot goes to where i aim it -lower hull-(those witha T95 know how bugged the gun is) and even then, pray it doesn't bounces.

so yeah, it needs a fix urgently, it should be being fixed for 7.0, not for some unknown point in the future....

Compiled from the RU forums I hear.

And after months of seeing T95's taking E75's down by 30-45% HP in a single shot? Yeah, I call BS.

nicho321 #12 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 1061 battles
i thought that there were supposed to be physics coming to the 7.0 version. if not when will the physics b coming out and will this work properly?

P.S. great game! my one problem though is lag if you could work on lowering lag somehow :D

Red451 #13 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 16216 battles
  • [6THAD] 6THAD
E-75 bounces everything?  :blink:

There are numerous tanks that can pen the front of an E-75.  Even the supposedly weak 88/L71 can do it.

There isn't a thing wrong with the E-75.  It's armor, mobility, and armament are very well balanced.

GeneralDirection #14 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:23

Major

• Players
  • 5992 battles

View PostDerJager, on Nov 24 2011 - 02:12, said:

Compiled from the RU forums I hear.

And after months of seeing T95's taking E75's down by 30-45% HP in a single shot? Yeah, I call BS.

The questions are compiled from all of the server forums now.

View Postnicho321, on Nov 24 2011 - 02:14, said:

i thought that there were supposed to be physics coming to the 7.0 version. if not when will the physics b coming out and will this work properly?

P.S. great game! my one problem though is lag if you could work on lowering lag somehow :D

Physics are still a work in progress. We chose to release updates while we polish the physics system, rather than delaying finished content.

Soviet_Union #15 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4027 battles
  • [SOVET] SOVET
When will the great fortress on tracks T-35 come out? it has 5 turrets so im guessing when the multi turret system comes out so does it right? was that a hint?

Preston_ #16 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28177 battles
  • [-DI-] -DI-
Answers like these are unacceptable:

"We are always working on skidding, slipping and being stuck. Haven’t you noticed?"

Ummm, no I haven't noticed because I still get stuck and it ruins my game match when I do.

"We will leave the MG where it is. Try to intimidate your adversaries with its size instead. Perhaps then they will show you more respect!"

This is a whimsical response and shows a lack of respect for the community.  It sounds like you don't even care what your answer is.

I appreciate the Dev Q&A, but please take them seriously or don't answer at all.

One last final note.  For the love of God, please add the freaking horns.

Drakenred #17 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:35

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles
Well in the case of the mg portal it was a problem in real life. so just like the driver hatches on some tanks, the lower hul on the US T34 and R2 on the KV5 there being left as is for now.

GeneralDirection #18 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:42

Major

• Players
  • 5992 battles

View PostPreston_, on Nov 24 2011 - 02:24, said:

"We will leave the MG where it is. Try to intimidate your adversaries with its size instead. Perhaps then they will show you more respect!"

This is a whimsical response and shows a lack of respect for the community.  It sounds like you don't even care what your answer is.

I appreciate the Dev Q&A, but please take them seriously or don't answer at all.

The only real answer for that, to be honest, is "No." You have to remember that many of the game designers do not speak English as their first language. They were not intending to sound insulting with the response.

janusz511 #19 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:43

Private

• Players
  • 1123 battles
what about a apc class that carries infantry that are ai controled an dthe machine guns on viecles are ai controlled

DerJager #20 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:57

Major

• Players
  • 5986 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

View PostGeneralDirection, on Nov 24 2011 - 02:23, said:

The questions are compiled from all of the server forums now.

Where are the questions gathered? Do you randomly select answers from Q&A threads? Some questions are much more important than the typical questions that are answered.

Open a thread asking for questions, close it when you have enough to make a good Q&A, and then answer ALL questions. Its the inconvinent questions that are the most pressing, IMO.

I don't think we've ever had an official reply to the question asked numerous times about whether or not the devs don't change premium tanks (even the matchmaking for them) because it would change what the person payed for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users