You Ask, We Reply #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
345 replies to this topic

Garnett101st #41 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 07:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23417 battles

View PostPringworm, on Nov 24 2011 - 04:40, said:

Welcome to world of Russian tanks. I say WORT because you have to be a dummy to believe you can play in anything else and feel like the game is balanced.

Play a IS4 and when you get ROLFSTOMPED by an E75, You can keep calling it "World of Russian tanks"

Play a T54 and when your gun bounces off every tier 8 tank, and the E50s rolfstomp you, Call it "World of Russian tanks"

Oh WAIT, Your not past tier 6!!! Get to tier 9 then you can have an opinion, because the ONLY OP Russian tank is the KV, With the 107mm gun...

TheStreetLegend #42 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 07:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 7746 battles
Have you ever realized the disastrous problem on VK2801? Even by killing four enemies and playing extremely fantastic, max credit earned is 10k while repairing it costs 12k ! Also t-50-2 moves unrealistically like a racing car and some modification is needed for it's turning and circling speed.

Kampher #43 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 09:02

Private

• Players
  • 14348 battles
E75 hull armour have the same thickness with the lower hull right? If that is true, why does the lower hull are easier to pen? Please explain.  :(

SaifBlitzkrieg #44 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 09:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 10315 battles
  • [AXIOM] AXIOM
wont be there any changes when someone changes his suspension or the radio ? like changing in the pattern of the tracks and the wheels in it and in the radio by the antennas ??

bashotokoro #45 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 09:58

Captain

• Players
  • 68 battles

View PostPringworm, on Nov 24 2011 - 04:40, said:

Welcome to world of Russian tanks. I say WORT because you have to be a dummy to believe you can play in anything else and feel like the game is balanced.

View PostGarnett101st, on Nov 24 2011 - 07:39, said:

Play a IS4 and when you get ROLFSTOMPED by an E75, You can keep calling it "World of Russian tanks"

Play a T54 and when your gun bounces off every tier 8 tank, and the E50s rolfstomp you, Call it "World of Russian tanks"

Oh WAIT, Your not past tier 6!!! Get to tier 9 then you can have an opinion, because the ONLY OP Russian tank is the KV, With the 107mm gun...

i agree with Garnett101st..seriously those saying this game is russian bias really need to reconsider about their statement :Smile-izmena:

Tier 10 : last few weeks ago, there was a poll on Overlord blog, majority agreed that E-100 is the best tier 10
Tier   9 : i still don't see a poll about which tier 9 tank is the best.. maybe IS-4 and E-75 will be equally voted...personally,i think E-75 is better
Tier   8 : there are lots of poll about which tank is the best in tier 8 and i'm sure many will agree KT is the best in this tier
Tier   7 : before this, many agreed that T29 was the best in tier 7, however when Tiger(P) came both dominate tier 7

from polls we know that lots of people like and agreed german tanks are good. SO,  are you saying these people are dummy/stupid/fool because they play and like german tanks? these people are not minority, YOU  are the minority...maybe you are the dummy/stupid/fool one here..better  reconsider yourself what to believe
i congratulate Russian tank's lovers because they didn't say anything about German bias or whatsoever :Smile_honoring:

DerJager #46 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 10:03

Major

• Players
  • 5529 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

Lol, you twit. You still claiming the IS4 is weaker than the E75? And the T54 is under no circumstances going to get roflstomped by an E50 unless the driver is criminally negligent of his surroundings.

Vallter #47 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 11:29

Captain

• Players
  • 10 battles

View PostRankor1, on Nov 24 2011 - 01:23, said:

"Will you do something about the E-75 front hull armour? It’s almost impossible to hit it with a 260mm penetration gun even though the armour is only 160mm."

"Not just yet, but we will."

Great, there goes the only tier 9 heavy that could face the IS-4. I hate to cry russian bias, as I wholeheartedly believe it is not true, but I am not so sure now...

It's an issue in translation and we are deeply sorry for that. There are no plans to change E-75 armor.

vishus08 #48 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 12:03

Private

• Players
  • 1031 battles
i have a suggestion to this game. can u make some map that have a night day, or add a night in current map..
sorry for my english :Smile_great: tnx

DracoArgentum #49 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 12:05

Major

• Players
  • 14673 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postbashotokoro, on Nov 24 2011 - 09:58, said:

i agree with Garnett101st..seriously those saying this game is russian bias really need to reconsider about their statement :Smile-izmena:

Lets not forget that they're removing the please shoot me here police bar from the E-100 and the bunny ears from the T-29.

shaunjerelle #50 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 12:14

Private

• Players
  • 791 battles

View PostW0lfy, on Nov 24 2011 - 01:41, said:

Has this set of questions been compiled and answered by a person different to usual?
Some of the replies to questions (that many players take seriously) have been turned into a joke with silly or flippant replies, which in-turn is disrespectful and detracts from the concept of the the 'Question and Answer' series.
Rather than make fun of players questions (and what they consider legitimate concerns), please leave those ones out and attempt to answer the questions in the usual detailed manner rather than brief or joke replies.

Just one example:

What is wrong with answering this question in a detailed serious manner?
Many players are very interested to know when the Russian and American tech-trees will be updated.
If you are "Most certainly" adding tanks other than French ones in 7.1, what will those tanks be (obviously not new tank trees as you suggest) so are 'non French' tanks going to be the changes to the Russian and American tanks?

shaunjerelle #51 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 12:17

Private

• Players
  • 791 battles
Why i cannot log-in in the WoT test version 7?

Solono #52 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 12:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17791 battles

View PostGeneralDirection, on Nov 24 2011 - 02:42, said:

They were not intending to sound insulting with the response.

Then fire/remove from that duty the guy who translates their comments now and put someone who actually has a solid grasp of English themselves and will actually look at the text and ask questions, like say, "Is this supposed to be sarcastic?" or "I think a literal translation can be misinterpreted."

Eliminateur #53 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 13:24

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15719 battles

QFT, but when i say it i get swamped by -1 votes....
a E75 can roflolstomp you at ANY range WHILST moving, since all he has to do is aim at the general direction of your ENTIRE HULL with it's monster gun and wam, you're ~600HP down.
at the same time you need to be sitting perfectly still with your reticle at minimum, aiming at less than HALF his hull and with the inaccuracy of the S70, pray it doesn't end: a) the ground below B) hitting the upper hull c) hitting one of the tracks for no damage. and those 3 things happens pretty regularly at 200~300m.
oh, and if he facehugs you, you're toast, all you see is upper hull which you'll bounce POINT BLANK, yet he can take his pick of tasty turret hatches to shoot for critical+full damage

Same problem replicates on the E100, with the added insult of the BS-Gun(which should never have, since it already has a T10 gun stock, yet my IS7 remains with the same gun the IS4 has..., go figure "WORT") it has that this time takes ~850 from you AND that it's lower hull BOUNCES T10 guns regularly, i'd say you have  <60% chance of penetrating the lower hull of a E100 with a IS4/7

so... yeah... and there are no plans to revisit the e75 armor... rrrright... sorry but the e-series introduction has really ruined the game for me, i had plenty fun before playing against other IS4s or 4502 because you where on equal grounds(maybe not the 4502 because it's a dog of a tank... but anyway...)

Golf_One_Four #54 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 14:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 53095 battles

View PostEliminateur, on Nov 24 2011 - 01:59, said:

...i'm sick tired of those fantasy E75 tanks bouncing my T95 monster gun unless they are perfectly still, looking the other way and by sheer luck the shot goes to where i aim it -lower hull-(those witha T95 know how bugged the gun is) and even then, pray it doesn't bounces.

WOW. I'm still amazed with this game after a year of playing it. 41 tanks I've owned. 8,400 battles. I've never owned a gold tank higher than tier 5. I've done my share of grinding to get my tanks, especially my E-75. I'm sorry to hear the news that it's hull rating will be lowered someday. It's already an arty magnet and one of the few tanks that the enemy team coordinate and gang bang it. IS-4's cannot say this about their tanks. So in effect there could be a reason for this E-75 paranoia, okay, I'll give them that. But I doubt the reaction to an E-75 will change in the community after the hull is downgraded. Admit it. They hate it because it's sexy. They always will. It "looks" dangerous. Like something Batman would own.
  People, my E-75 can turn a corner, full health, and 5 seconds later it's toast. Happens all the time. Pah-leeeze lighten up. 40% the time I don't even get a kill in the battle and die with a fat zero. Imagine that expense on a standard account. I have to drive the hell out of tier 5 tanks to afford even playing the E-75.
  If you are playing against Tier 9 tanks some homework is to be expected of you. Knowing weak spots or simply avoiding being face-hugged by my frontal armor is something you can actually learn. Believe me, many out there make my battles tough because they don't auto-target.
  Eliminateur, I will address your points.
You wrote: "E75 tanks bouncing my T95 monster gun"
my reply: I avoid T95's, like yours. And 704's for that matter. They scare me. You should not be talking about bouncing shells! LOL
You wrote: "unless they are perfectly still, looking the other way"
My reply: We are always looking the other way! You are always camoflaged! LOL.
  You write: "i'm sick tired of those fantasy E75 tanks"
My reply: Try to tell the diff between an E-75 and a "real" Tiger 2. This is a tank that existed on blueprints, yes, but was also battle-tested by the Tiger 2's performance. "Fantasy Tank" would apply well to many other tanks in the game though, I agree. But not the E-75. Another year longer and WW2 history books would have piccurs for you.
  You wrote: "and by sheer luck the shot goes to where i aim it -lower hull-(those with a T95 know how bugged the gun is) and even then, pray it doesn't bounce."
My reply: Weak points - side of turret below commander's hatch. (it's a big turret) This is gonna freeze my turret(both sides) or kill my commander (right side), possibly ammo rack too. (I had to get the ammo rack upgrade for this frequent problem) Tracking me is worse than you make it sound. Remember, I am an arty magnet. Arty loves it when I get tracked. If I am moving it means I am looking for cover. If you stop me... do the math. I always save my one repair consumable for gun or engine or turret repairs. I get tracked too often to waste it on that. I'll do some praying too while I'm sitting their under artillery sights. Oh, and don't aim for my tracks anyway. There's a weaker spot. It's the high, rear of each side. (The sides of the motor area in back above the tracks). Pen is good here, plus you get all kinds of criticals there. I flame, I lose my engine, etc...
  Hope that helps. Oh, and I gave you a "plus". You did not deserve any of those minus points! Everyone reading this go to Eliminateur's post and plus it!

Update Edit:
Vallter, on Nov 24 2011 - 12:29, said:
It's an issue in translation and we are deeply sorry for that. There are no plans to change E-75 armor.

OK! PFEEEEW! THANKSGIVING DAY INDEED NOW! So,....never mind! Golf_One_Four out.

Eliminateur #55 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 15:24

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15719 battles
ufff how to quote and where to start, letsee...

View PostGolf_One_Four, on Nov 24 2011 - 14:44, said:

You wrote: "E75 tanks bouncing my T95 monster gun"
my reply: I avoid T95's, like yours. And 704's for that matter. They scare me. You should not be talking about bouncing shells! LOL
they are scary... unless you drive a T95 and it bounces shells, search around in the forum, it's one of the more bugged guns there is(T5E1 155mm gun, same as the T30), it definivitevly has something bugged but devs say it's ok... yet it underperforms badly, first it's average damage is LOW(not the one on the specs, the real one), with the S70 i usually get the rated damage, with the T5E1 i usually get the same rated damage... wiat wut!, it's a +200 dmg gun yet it usually performs as the 450 dmg S70!
Second the dispersion is broken, a normal dispersion in any other big calliber/long barrel gun follows a bell curve in game, T5E1 follows an inverted bell curve, you have more chance of the shell going to the outside of the reticle than where you aim(i've regularly missed shots on IS4s from above at <100mn distance because the shot went to the ground UNDER tha tank, less than 10% of the reticle was in that area....)

You write: "i'm sick tired of those fantasy E75 tanks"
My reply: Try to tell the diff between an E-75 and a "real" Tiger 2. This is a tank that existed on blueprints, yes, but was also battle-tested by the Tiger 2's performance. "Fantasy Tank" would apply well to many other tanks in the game though, I agree. But not the E-75. Another year longer and WW2 history books would have piccurs for you.
But it didn't, and it didn't existed other than blueprints, look at the other T9 ingame: IS4s where built in respectable numbers, IS7 had a WORKING prototype that exceeded expectations. Germans?, 4502P wasn't a working prototype, E75 never left the drawin board(probably with a doodle of a germansaurus rex besides it with a bubble that said "ROARSCHINTZEL!" stomping little sherman tanks and shooting laser out of his eyes:lol:)

You wrote: "and by sheer luck the shot goes to where i aim it -lower hull-(those with a T95 know how bugged the gun is) and even then, pray it doesn't bounce."
My reply: Weak points - side of turret below commander's hatch. (it's a big turret) This is gonna freeze my turret(both sides) or kill my commander (right side), possibly ammo rack too. (I had to get the ammo rack upgrade for this frequent problem) Tracking me is worse than you make it sound. Remember, I am an arty magnet. Arty loves it when I get tracked. If I am moving it means I am looking for cover. If you stop me... do the math. I always save my one repair consumable for gun or engine or turret repairs. I get tracked too often to waste it on that. I'll do some praying too while I'm sitting their under artillery sights. Oh, and don't aim for my tracks anyway. There's a weaker spot. It's the high, rear of each side. (The sides of the motor area in back above the tracks). Pen is good here, plus you get all kinds of criticals there. I flame, I lose my engine, etc...
But that's from the side and rear, i have no complains from that angles(see that i never mentioned them), but if the E75 is front to you, there's nothing to shoot at...- i refer again to my paragraph above about the bugged pos T5E1 gun-, about rty that's if you're on arty range, in cities and stuff like that, tracking an E75 means he has the time to surgically aim at my weakspots whilst his tracks get repaired, shoot and do max dmg AND escape before i finish reloading my glacial-speed-reloading-gun.
andf i don't aim at the tracks, the bugged dispersion of the gun does that by itself, if i where to aim at the tracks, chances are the shot would go one tankside to the open side, best thing you can hope on the bugged t5e1 is FILL the entire enemy tank with the reticule and pray it hits something squishy wherever it lands, it requires that coarse and stupid approach to guarantee a hit :angry:

Hope that helps. Oh, and I gave you a "plus". You did not deserve any of those minus points! Everyone reading this go to Eliminateur's post and plus it!
See, there's still good people in the board (-1 don't bother me much, i usually knwo that i hit nerves the more -1 i get)

Ujellybro #56 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 16:24

Private

• Players
  • 8484 battles
It takes a man to play a Maus, knowing that he is easily the first to be spotted, one of the slowest tanks, and the highest priority target for artillery.
It even takes a stronger man to play a T30, because not only do they have armor easily penetrable by a tier 5, but they are also the highest priority for artillery.

Sure, most people will agree with this. But, The Maus's armor is nearly unpenetrable at angles and it takes damn near the whole team to bring him down fast. It is one of the few tanks that induces fear alot of tanks. Oh sure the T30 has weak armor, but encounter one of these and it will eat you alive in a few shots with its massive 155mm T7 gun. Try to escape? fool, Its a fast arty-gunned killer capable of reaching speeds of 50km/h.

Its called balance people, deal with it. Otherwise the game would suck with overpowered tanks that have derp guns. You overpower one vehicle, the entire community will flip sht and rage over it.
Learn to think about consequences. And now that I have your attention, why do explosive shells bounce off some tanks when i shoot them through my arty?

johno4429 #57 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 16:48

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
my computer was down and i re-install wot and when i login all my tanks and upgrades where gone why?

Artytker #58 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 17:51

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 37630 battles

View PostTheStreetLegend, on Nov 24 2011 - 07:53, said:

Have you ever realized the disastrous problem on VK2801? Even by killing four enemies and playing extremely fantastic, max credit earned is 10k while repairing it costs 12k ! Also t-50-2 moves unrealistically like a racing car and some modification is needed for it's turning and circling speed.

Hopefully with the new physics coming I can see the T-50-2 toppling over, but that won't happen because Russian light tanks have traction control and ABS.

Artytker #59 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 17:52

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 37630 battles

View Postjohno4429, on Nov 24 2011 - 16:48, said:

my computer was down and i re-install wot and when i login all my tanks and upgrades where gone why?

Check you have installed the right Server version of WoT, you might have downloaded the EU by accident.

CaddoPuma #60 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 18:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17420 battles
There's a lot of confusion...at least in my mind...due to all the rumors I hear concerning the 7.0 and 7.1 updates. Will the Tech Tree updates be included in either of these patches? If so, USSR, US, or both? How soon should I give up on grinding the high-tier free garages and make sure I have the KV and KV3 in my garage?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users