Jump to content


In-Game Vehicles FAQ


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
265 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 08:59

    Major

  • WG Staff
  • 2405 battles
  • 4,723
  • Member since:
    08-20-2010

Posted Image


FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT IN-GAME VEHICLES
(From EU server - Thanks to the EU mod team & Berbo for their assistance.)


Here you can find questions about the in-game vehicles with developer's answers and also with each question comes a link to the original source.
Source:
- EU Questions & Answers
- You Ask - We Reply! Bulletin 4,5,6.
- Overlords Blog



Soviet Tanks
Spoiler                     

Q: Will IS become IS-1/IS-2 after the revision of USSR tank tree?
A: No, we are not planning such change.
Source - Link

Q: KV-2 will become Tier 6 and KV-1 will have no option for the big turret after the tree revision?
A: Both will remain at tier 5, getting their turrets and guns separated. Plus KV-2 will get lower camo value.
Source - Link

Q: What will change with new gun on T-44?
A: Most likely same specs apart from RoF.
Source - Link

Q: Will IS-7 be able to use the over-turret high calibre machine gun, to for example shoot to MS-1 if someone will be platooned with it as enemy? Should be enough for MS-1.
A: Not planning to enable calibers smaller than 2cm.
Source - Link

Q: Why is IS4 a future tier 10 for the russians?
A: Because IS-4 suits the concept and parameters of heavy-heavy tank, in contrast to heavy-medium.
Source - Link

Q: Will the A-20 get tweaked now that T-50 is there?
A: Tweaks are possible, more likely to T-50 though.
Source - Link


German Tanks
Spoiler                     

Q: Will there be any buffs/fixes to the VK2801 credit earning potential?
A: No. It's meant to be unprofitable. Just like the other tier 5 LTs.
Source - Link

Q: Is Loewe credit gain nerfed?
No, there was no nerf of Lowe's profitability.
Source - Link

Q: VK3601 in german full tech tree is considered heavy - is it a mistake or it'll be changed in the future?
A: It will be changed to heavy.
Source - Link

Q: Will you fix E-100 rangefiner?
A: Small ears of E-100 will also be reworked into skirt (no damage) type of armor. Supposedly in 7.0.
Source - Link

Q: Will E-50 and E-75 get front transmission?
A: Yes, it is planned that both E-50 and E-75 will get front transmission modules in future, however this won't happen in 7.0
Source - Link

Q: When can we expect some news about upcoming second line of German and Russian td's, especially stug e-100 and su-122-54?.
A: Next year, I think, they have to wait their turn.
Source - Link

Q: Will you change the matchmaking rate for Panzer V/IV and Panzer V/IV Alpha as the vehicles are certainly unfit for action on tier 6?
A: Such a change haven't been discussed or planned yet.
Source - Link

New gun model for E-100 that will arrive in 7.0
Spoiler                     
Source - Link


United States Tanks
Spoiler                     

Q: When are u going to remove T29s ears from hitbox?
A: Yes, planning to do so in one of the upcoming updates.
Source - Link

Q: It seems every info about T32 states it has only one loader, why are there two ingame?
A: Yup, real life T32 had only one loader. We might change things with the introduction of M103 and T110.
Source - Link

Q: Will the T30 get the AT variant of the 155mm and will be there be any other changes bar the HP drop?
A: Of course there be changes, might also touch traverse speed, RoF, and other values. This hasn't been considered yet.
Source - Link

Q: When will the Christie tanks come into the game?
A: Haven't specified the time line for them yet. I would not expect them until Q3-Q4 of 2012.
Source - Link

Q: Is there a plan to bridge the "gap" in the second TD line in the ussr tech tree?
A: No such plans so far. http://worldoftanks....sr__full_eu.jpg
Source - Link

Q: Will T32 get intermediate gun too?
A: Being the most powerful tier 8 heavy, T32 doesn't need any changes that will make it even better.
Source - Link

Q: Do you plan to add secondary heavy line in US tank tree?
A. Not planning to introduce secondary heavy line for US.
Source - Link

Q: When will we get the complete American tree with all the premiums and the Cristie tanks?
A: That's difficult. Probably by the end of 2012 or something like that.
Source - Link

Q: Will the new TD lines come after the heavy revision then?
A: Either after or at the same time, this will become clear after the release of French tanks.
source - Link

Q: What revenue can we expect from driving the premium T34?
A: Approx the same level of profitability as other tier 8 premiums.
Source - Link

Q: Will you add back T23 medium tank?
A: Yes, there is such chance. Unfortunately I can't give any details on this at present.
Source - Link

Q: Will the Sherman firefly be of tier 7 or what?
A: We're thinking about the tier it shall have.
Source - Link


French Tanks
Spoiler                     

Q: When the new French tree is launched, will a free Garage slot come with it? Or will we need to sacrifice a higher tier tank from another faction if all slots are taken?
A: We are thinking of giving one extra slot for your Renault FT.
Source - Link

Q: Can you tell how many exp we will need to go to the French Tiers 10 Heavy? More or less than 700k? Thanks
A: The exact amount has not been decided yet. Approx it will be equal to the amount for other tier 10 tanks.
Source - Link

Q: Will French tiers 10 be able to kill a tiers 9-10 with a single "magazine?" of 6 shoots?
A: It wont be that easy. Internal tests will show however.
Source - Link


Premium Tanks


Q: Currently we can see a gasp in game between tier 2-5 and tier 8 premium tanks. Are there any plans to add tier 6-7 premiums?
A: Yes, we have such plans. We won’t give you any details for now, but we assure you that the “middle category’”will be filled in.
Source - Link

Q: When can we expect Chinese Type 62? And what tier it will be?
A: My personal estimation would be tier 6-7 medium. Q1 2012.
Source - Link

Q: Are there any plans to add premiums SPGs? If yes, which will you add first?
A: Yes, we have such plans. The first one will probably be 10.5cm leFH18 B2.
Source - Link

VillageId10t #2 Posted Nov 25 2011 - 05:27

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 32737 battles
  • 89
  • [TESTE] TESTE
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011
Just wondering which tank will be replacing the IS4 as the tier 9 heavy once it moves up to tier 10?  The link to the Russian tree you provided still shows the Object 252 as the tier 9 replacement but Overlord already stated in July/August that it will become a tier 8 premium instead.  Thanks.

Eliminateur #3 Posted Nov 25 2011 - 05:57

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 15719 battles
  • 1,467
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostVillageId10t, on Nov 25 2011 - 05:27, said:

Just wondering which tank will be replacing the IS4 as the tier 9 heavy once it moves up to tier 10?  The link to the Russian tree you provided still shows the Object 252 as the tier 9 replacement but Overlord already stated in July/August that it will become a tier 8 premium instead.  Thanks.

ST-1, it's been stated before.


and i add another question since we seem to not have question threads anymore for our region:

for french tanks, i see AMX-50 100mm for tier 8 and then THE SAME TANK with different gun for T10(which leads to unacceptable armor characteristic), you do realize this is making the horrible mistake you did with the US line with the T30 being a T29 with more artificial HP and a different turret/gun.
Why aren't you preventing another snafu like that by putting the AMX 70t or (extremely)uparmored amx-50 like it's been said in the EU forums with links to the REAL plans for those tanks?

i have to say that i'm not interested in the least on the T10 french tank if it's going to be another T10(-2) joke like the T30 is right now, what's worse is that you're stating it won't be "that easy" to kill another T9/10 with a full 6-shot magazine, which means you'll be mounting a T8 gun in it....
quick math: T10 has from 2100 to 2800, let's do the worst-case with the lowest T10 HP available: 2100/6=350 MAX damage, so let's take 25% off that to get the average = 280 AVG DMG according to your statements. A quick look at the gun tables in the wiki shows that that damage corresponds to between the 90mm T8 and the 105mm "T9" US guns(which is a joke by itself that such gun is considered tier 9 but i digress) the Patton/T29/T32 carries -barring penetration-, more to the former than the latter
And this is even worse as the question also included T9 tanks which won't be "that easy to kill with one magazine", so you'll be releasing:
a "T10 tank" which really is a T8 hull with T10 hit points, with a T9ish gun (with artifically upped penetration value)

i'm sorry but that just doesn't cut it, not unless you change your design to "yes, it will be VERY EASY to kill another T9/10 with a 6-shot magazine" which is the CORRECT answer if you where to mount a *REAL* T10 fun

Again let's do a quick worse-case math using said gun taking the poorest tier 10 gun(S70) as model: 490 avg dmg, let's substract 25%: 367,5 dmg x 6(slots)= 2205 HP! and that's whe MINIMUM DAMAGE it should be doing, which means it's GUARANTEED to kill an IS-7 AND T30 with an entire magazine WITH the lowest damager roll in every shot!(and should kill a maus with easy with avg to good dmg), THAT'S the numbers you should be putting on the AMX-50-120mm to make it CW-worthy and usable seeing you're using a T8 tank with no armor...

VillageId10t #4 Posted Nov 25 2011 - 06:36

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 32737 battles
  • 89
  • [TESTE] TESTE
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011

View PostEliminateur, on Nov 25 2011 - 05:57, said:

ST-1, it's been stated before.
So the ST-1 will lead to the IS-7 and the ST-I will lead to the IS-4?  Doesn't sound right.

Berbo #5 Posted Nov 25 2011 - 16:41

    Private

  • Players
  • 143 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View PostVillageId10t, on Nov 25 2011 - 06:36, said:

So the ST-1 will lead to the IS-7 and the ST-I will lead to the IS-4?  Doesn't sound right.

ST-1 will be in line to IS-4, while Object 252 will lead to IS-7
You can see all tank tree changes here.

fastcars #6 Posted Nov 26 2011 - 19:31

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8072 battles
  • 232
  • [AC1] AC1
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
I was just thinking about the hatch about tanks that can go into water like landing boats.  World of Tanks will you be addiing these tanks because Japan had some the Russians had some and the U.S, almost every contry in ww2 had some.  So are you going to add the ones with guns.  Also what about those tanks with log bridges and stuff even tho they had no guns we could still use them to get across rivers and stuff.

GReattaz #7 Posted Nov 26 2011 - 19:34

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 29269 battles
  • 129
  • [-VETS] -VETS
  • Member since:
    11-30-2010
Okay I was doing a little research on the US Second TD line. I came across something kinda strange. Here we go.
As of Right now the US line includes the M5 Staurt. Nest on this Staurt you can upgrade the turret to an open top turret. With this open top Turret you can place the 75mm M3 Howitzer on it. Fast Derp gun tank. Here is the strange. The M8A1 is real life is just what I described. The M8 was based on the M5 Chassis with an open top Turret with the 75mm M2 and later M3 Howitzer guns.

Okay here is my question. How with the implantation of the Second US TD line and the M8A1 will it effect the M5 Staurt that is in Game now?



I also looked up information about the M18 Hellcat. From Doctrine I found it's stated top Speed was 60 MPH (~96KPH). It was the Fastest tracked vehicle in WWII.

MY question is, will the in-game M18 move this fast?

fastcars #8 Posted Nov 26 2011 - 19:37

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8072 battles
  • 232
  • [AC1] AC1
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
World of Tanks also what about repair tanks again they had no guns but there could be like a limit of 1 in a battle.  Say there was a damaged ms-1 it had only 20 hp left so if it had 100 hp to begin with 20+80=100 so there was 80 hp gone so it would take 80 seconds to repair it back to full life.  But these repair tanks connot fix destoryed tanks only damaged ones.  and they should be premium tanks and if 1 team does not have 1 in battle neither does the other.

AL_Yuudachi #9 Posted Nov 26 2011 - 19:54

    First lieutenant

  • Special Beta Testers
  • 7799 battles
  • 793
  • Member since:
    04-05-2010

View PostBerbo, on Nov 25 2011 - 16:41, said:

ST-1 will be in line to IS-4, while Object 252 IS-8 will lead to IS-7
You can see all tank tree changes here.
Storm Quote, IS-8

They've made a change, seems they are too lazy busy to fix the tech tree image. :P

fastcars #10 Posted Nov 27 2011 - 17:44

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8072 battles
  • 232
  • [AC1] AC1
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
How about adding some flame thrower tanks in the game.

Drakenred #11 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 23:19

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15243 battles
  • 1,782
  • Member since:
    08-14-2011

View Postfastcars, on Nov 27 2011 - 17:44, said:

How about adding some flame thrower tanks in the game.
why bother?

most flamethrower tanks were of limmited use (there guns on an unmodified tank could put a shell futher out, and once you get to 75 and 105mm equiped tanks, the shell would actualy be more damageing than the flamethrower, (most Japanise bunkers and caves were designed or layed out to stop shells, the layout tended to limmit where the fuel and flame got to, while a shells overpressure from the explosives would cause concusion and blast efects around any block wall.  It was not untill the man portable M2-2 and the Sherman M4A3E8 HVSS POA-CWS H5 that you had Weapon systems that were combat usefull(290 gallons of napalm for ~80 one second bursts max range was 250yards(not realy usefull at that range however as that was the physical limmitof the flames range) combined with a 105mm howitzer, some sources I have indicate that the effective range was 120meters/yards )

http://www.flickr.co...6/3488004368/  

(the M4 with Flametrhower conversion that was originaly used was a shockingly short ranged hull mounted unit that did not/could not use thickened fuel(bascialy napalm, what they did use was bascialy Gasoline, Napalm is better because most of the fule is not burned in the first 20m meaning that you leave burning fuel on the target, the early types used on US tanks were bascialy like a stove burner, when its lit flame everywhere, when its not you hope that whatever is flamable will keep burning), Its effective range is around 20m the M42B1E9 If I remember correctly was a oddball with a shorter ranged flamethrower than the  unit used on the M4A3E8 HVSS POA-CWS H5 (and was also hullmounted) but was more flexible, it had a "wide" nozzle setting with a offical range of 30 yards and a "thickend stream" mode with a range of 80 yards)

never mind that bascialy most flamethrowers realy dont do all that mutch to tanks(never mind that your basicaly towing a bomb behind your tank that if hit with almost any weapon will result in it blowing up)

n4cer67 #12 Posted Dec 04 2011 - 22:30

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 17411 battles
  • 2,191
  • [NAAP] NAAP
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010
Any idea when the premium SPG's will be added?

IveLostMyMind #13 Posted Dec 05 2011 - 03:46

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22359 battles
  • 271
  • [MILF1] MILF1
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011
Q:Will players holding Russian tanks KV through IS-7 get extra slots for the 2nd heavy line? Will only some tanks do this?

CanuckOverlord #14 Posted Dec 06 2011 - 06:04

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8567 battles
  • 223
  • Member since:
    11-30-2011
Q: if I grind like hell to get a KV before the update; do I get the free garage slot?

chunkbass #15 Posted Dec 06 2011 - 09:31

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    12-06-2011
I was just thinking about the hatch about tanks that can go into water like landing boats. World of Tanks will you be addiing these tanks because Japan had some the Russians had some and the U.S, almost every contry in ww2 had some. So are you going to add the ones with guns. Also what about those tanks with log bridges and stuff even tho they had no guns we could still use them to get across rivers and stuff.

View PostCanuckOverlord, on Dec 06 2011 - 06:04, said:

Q: if I grind like hell to get a KV before the update; do I get the free garage slot?


kirby20x6 #16 Posted Dec 06 2011 - 09:43

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 2916 battles
  • 168
  • Member since:
    09-30-2010

View Postyaakov2, on Dec 05 2011 - 03:46, said:

Q:Will players holding Russian tanks KV through IS-7 get extra slots for the 2nd heavy line? Will only some tanks do this?
Whabuh?  The new Russian heavy line is not coming in 7.0 or 7.1.  However, eventually owners of KV, KV-3, and IS-4 tanks will get get new garage slots and assorted tanks.  The details are all over the place.  Google is your friend.

View PostCanuckOverlord, on Dec 06 2011 - 06:04, said:

Q: if I grind like hell to get a KV before the update; do I get the free garage slot?
You... you're serious.  Two things: A} See previous answer.  B} You call getting to the KV 'grind like hell'? Ba-hahahaha!

DJ18 #17 Posted Dec 06 2011 - 10:32

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 18659 battles
  • 1,141
  • Member since:
    09-04-2010
Will you guys add the M41 Walker Bulldog to the game?

ScreamingEagle_101st #18 Posted Dec 07 2011 - 16:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 3394 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    08-02-2011
HEY, how long does it take to get from the T-46 light tank to the KV-1?

Fud_BM3 #19 Posted Dec 10 2011 - 04:50

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 27642 battles
  • 15
  • [LEAP] LEAP
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011

View PostTanitha, on Nov 24 2011 - 08:59, said:

Posted Image


FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT IN-GAME VEHICLES
(From EU server - Thanks to the EU mod team & Berbo for their assistance.)


Here you can find questions about the in-game vehicles with developer's answers and also with each question comes a link to the original source.
Source:
- EU Questions & Answers
- You Ask - We Reply! Bulletin 4,5,6.
- Overlords Blog



Soviet Tanks
Spoiler                     

Q: Will IS become IS-1/IS-2 after the revision of USSR tank tree?
A: No, we are not planning such change.
Source - Link

Q: KV-2 will become Tier 6 and KV-1 will have no option for the big turret after the tree revision?
A: Both will remain at tier 5, getting their turrets and guns separated. Plus KV-2 will get lower camo value.
Source - Link

Q: What will change with new gun on T-44?
A: Most likely same specs apart from RoF.
Source - Link

Q: Will IS-7 be able to use the over-turret high calibre machine gun, to for example shoot to MS-1 if someone will be platooned with it as enemy? Should be enough for MS-1.
A: Not planning to enable calibers smaller than 2cm.
Source - Link

Q: Why is IS4 a future tier 10 for the russians?
A: Because IS-4 suits the concept and parameters of heavy-heavy tank, in contrast to heavy-medium.
Source - Link

Q: Will the A-20 get tweaked now that T-50 is there?
A: Tweaks are possible, more likely to T-50 though.
Source - Link


German Tanks
Spoiler                     

Q: Will there be any buffs/fixes to the VK2801 credit earning potential?
A: No. It's meant to be unprofitable. Just like the other tier 5 LTs.
Source - Link

Q: Is Loewe credit gain nerfed?
No, there was no nerf of Lowe's profitability.
Source - Link

Q: VK3601 in german full tech tree is considered heavy - is it a mistake or it'll be changed in the future?
A: It will be changed to heavy.
Source - Link

Q: Will you fix E-100 rangefiner?
A: Small ears of E-100 will also be reworked into skirt (no damage) type of armor. Supposedly in 7.0.
Source - Link

Q: Will E-50 and E-75 get front transmission?
A: Yes, it is planned that both E-50 and E-75 will get front transmission modules in future, however this won't happen in 7.0
Source - Link

Q: When can we expect some news about upcoming second line of German and Russian td's, especially stug e-100 and su-122-54?.
A: Next year, I think, they have to wait their turn.
Source - Link

Q: Will you change the matchmaking rate for Panzer V/IV and Panzer V/IV Alpha as the vehicles are certainly unfit for action on tier 6?
A: Such a change haven't been discussed or planned yet.
Source - Link

New gun model for E-100 that will arrive in 7.0
Spoiler                     
Source - Link


United States Tanks
Spoiler                     

Q: When are u going to remove T29s ears from hitbox?
A: Yes, planning to do so in one of the upcoming updates.
Source - Link

Q: It seems every info about T32 states it has only one loader, why are there two ingame?
A: Yup, real life T32 had only one loader. We might change things with the introduction of M103 and T110.
Source - Link

Q: Will the T30 get the AT variant of the 155mm and will be there be any other changes bar the HP drop?
A: Of course there be changes, might also touch traverse speed, RoF, and other values. This hasn't been considered yet.
Source - Link

Q: When will the Christie tanks come into the game?
A: Haven't specified the time line for them yet. I would not expect them until Q3-Q4 of 2012.
Source - Link

Q: Is there a plan to bridge the "gap" in the second TD line in the ussr tech tree?
A: No such plans so far. http://worldoftanks....sr__full_eu.jpg
Source - Link

Q: Will T32 get intermediate gun too?
A: Being the most powerful tier 8 heavy, T32 doesn't need any changes that will make it even better.
Source - Link

Q: Do you plan to add secondary heavy line in US tank tree?
A. Not planning to introduce secondary heavy line for US.
Source - Link

Q: When will we get the complete American tree with all the premiums and the Cristie tanks?
A: That's difficult. Probably by the end of 2012 or something like that.
Source - Link

Q: Will the new TD lines come after the heavy revision then?
A: Either after or at the same time, this will become clear after the release of French tanks.
source - Link

Q: What revenue can we expect from driving the premium T34?
A: Approx the same level of profitability as other tier 8 premiums.
Source - Link

Q: Will you add back T23 medium tank?
A: Yes, there is such chance. Unfortunately I can't give any details on this at present.
Source - Link

Q: Will the Sherman firefly be of tier 7 or what?
A: We're thinking about the tier it shall have.
Source - Link


French Tanks
Spoiler                     

Q: When the new French tree is launched, will a free Garage slot come with it? Or will we need to sacrifice a higher tier tank from another faction if all slots are taken?
A: We are thinking of giving one extra slot for your Renault FT.
Source - Link

Q: Can you tell how many exp we will need to go to the French Tiers 10 Heavy? More or less than 700k? Thanks
A: The exact amount has not been decided yet. Approx it will be equal to the amount for other tier 10 tanks.
Source - Link

Q: Will French tiers 10 be able to kill a tiers 9-10 with a single "magazine?" of 6 shoots?
A: It wont be that easy. Internal tests will show however.
Source - Link


Premium Tanks


Q: Currently we can see a gasp in game between tier 2-5 and tier 8 premium tanks. Are there any plans to add tier 6-7 premiums?
A: Yes, we have such plans. We won’t give you any details for now, but we assure you that the “middle category’”will be filled in.
Source - Link

Q: When can we expect Chinese Type 62? And what tier it will be?
A: My personal estimation would be tier 6-7 medium. Q1 2012.
Source - Link

Q: Are there any plans to add premiums SPGs? If yes, which will you add first?
A: Yes, we have such plans. The first one will probably be 10.5cm leFH18 B2.
Source - Link


Fud_BM3 #20 Posted Dec 10 2011 - 05:07

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 27642 battles
  • 15
  • [LEAP] LEAP
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011
I enjoy the skill level and am trying to boost my crew so I am running all tier II tanks.  My question is this, why are the pzkw 38H and t127 considered tier II tanks?  They are nearly invincible even with 100% gunners who get as many and TEN CRITICAL HITS I get dead with one or two hits from them? And I am not talking about an MS1 or T1 here but a 35t or M2 (which are pretty heavily armored).  In a battle this evening I watched not one but THREE tier II tanks with 20mm bounce multiple hits off a t127 at knife fight range for NO DAMAGE while he got two of us.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users