• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted Nov 24 2011 - 09:09

Major

• WG Staff
  • 2405 battles

Posted Image

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT GAME MECHANICS
(From EU server - Thanks to the EU mod team & Berbo for their assistance.)

Here you can find questions with developer's answers and also with each question comes a link to the original source.
Game Mechanics, Battles, SPG/Arty, Matchmaking, Crew and Experience, Equipment and Consumables, Achievements, Clan Logos, Horns etc.
Source:
- EU Questions & Answers
- You Ask - We Reply! Bulletin 4,5,6.
- Overlords Blog

Game Mechanics

Q: Will you remove friendly fire from the game?
A: Not planning to disable FF completely.
Source - Link

Q: What is being done about critical hits?
A: The latest update, which was 6.7, didn't bring any considerable changes to damage mechanics, e.g. 7.0 will change it much more.
Source - Link

Q: What will change in HE mechanics?
A: The change relates to the mechanics that determines armor with minimal thickness within HE cone. The fix will eliminate a number of incredible cases when he damage is inflicted and ensure more accurate he mechanics in general.
Source - Link

Q: When will you return tracers back to the game?
A: We will return the tracers partially with v.7.0 update, but in an updated mode. But the tracers, seen from all in-game tanks, as it used to be, won't return to the game.
Source - Link

Q: What will change with arty tracers? Will enemy arty across the map be able to see it if you have a scout close enough to it? (Even if the arty is not spotted?)
A: SPGs only will be able to see tracers in howitzer (satellite) mode, if the target is within your view range.
Source - Link

Q: When will the new physics arrive?
A: Q1 2012 is the most precise date I can give.
Source - Link

Q: When new physics appear, what shall happen to a tank when it falls into water on Lakeville, for example?
A: It will sink and, thus, be destroyed.
Source - Link

Q: Will the new game physics affect the buildings destruction?
A: The new physics will change the vehicle motion only.
Source - Link

Random Battles, Game Modes

Q: When will arrive new game modes?
A: Not in 7.0. They are planned for 2012.
Source - Link

Q: Will you add Fog of War to random battles?
A: We have no intention to introduce Fog of War in random. It's completely random as it is.
Source - Link

Q: Will you add option to choose maps in rotation?
A: No, but there will be an option to exclude maps from the rotation.
Source - Link

Q: Will you implement "Free Camera mode" for destroyed tanks?
A: No, it's not planned currently.
Source - Link

Q: Does the base barricades destruction influence on base capture?
A: The destruction of base barricades has no influence on the base capture.
Source - Link

Q: Shall we be able to turn on the removed speed governor before the battle starts, when the timer is still ticking?
A: We’re not going to implement this feature.
Source - Link

SPG/Arty

Q: Can you share any updates on what has been discussed internally about SPGs?
A: General matchmaking overhaul is planned for Q1 2012, however certain improvements are likely to come this year. Possible SPG per team limitation is a part of major revision
Source - Link

Q: Will you add arty limit for random battles?
A: This feature definitely wont be added this year and is going to be considered as a part of general matchmaking overhaul in Q1 2012.
Source - Link

Matchmaking

Q: What can you say about increase in waiting time for random battles?
A: Smart match-making implemented some time ago led to certain increase of waiting time. Can't say it is significant, but it exists.
Source - Link

Q: Do you plan to allow matchmaking to take equipment, crew level, and modules fitted into account?
A: Currently the above is not planned, but it is possible especially in terms of guns.
Source - Link

Q: Is MM considering number of battles in a tank?
A: No, matchmaking currently does not take into account previous battles. Though we are thinking of that feature.
Source - Link

Q: Are you satisfied with the changed MM (MatchMaking)? Will we have SPG limit in battle?
A: We are currently analyzing statistics and collecting the feedback. According to these factors we will make conclusions and add necessary changes. Currently we have at least 11 of them planned. Also we won’t add any strict limit for amount of SPGs per battle. But we will take necessary measures to separate the arty in matches and to prevent big amount of SPGs entering 1 battlefield.
Source - Link

Crew and Experience

Q: Will I be able to change my current skills to new ones for free. Or will I have to train the crew from a scratch?
A: In this case, you will be able to change all three skills for free. All experience, received by the tankmen, will be saved and disposable to spend it on learning new skills or store one from the old ones.
Source - Link

Q: How the “skill change” will actually work after we use our free changes?
A: Players will be able to convert current tank crew skills into some kind of “free experience” for gold - such experience can be spent on other skills afterwards.
Source - Link

Q: How many skills will be added? How will they look like?
A: There will be 23 skills added in total, they will vary according to the specialization of the tank crew and will be divided into 2 types: “additional specializations” which will give a certain bonus from the start of crew training and will slightly increase during the whole progress, and “skills” which will be active only with 100% of the crew training.
Source - Link

Q: Will the crew be able to learn a maximum of 3 skills or will they be able to carry on developing skills?
A: Up to 5.
Source - Link

Q: With the new skills, will the amount of experience be decreased to reach 100% in one skill?
A: No, it will still be the same. You need twice much exp to reach 100% in the next skill.
Source - Link

Q: Are you planing to put warning message when you are selling your tank, saying "Do you want to remove crew?"
A: Yes, that would be useful. It's included in 7.0.
Source - Link

Equipment and Consumables

Q: Will we get consumables "stacking"?
A: We decided that "stacking" would lead to certain imbalance, so it's not going to be introduced.
Source - Link

Q: Will you change price of gas consumables? From 5k to 3k like other consumables?
A: Not planning to change the price of credit consumables.
Source - Link

Q: Will the next patch completely overwrite all our current skins back to default?
A: This was covered earlier, customs skins are they are now, won't be available.
Source - Link

Q: How does these camos work, does it affect vehicle's camouflage or it's just a painting on the tank?
A: Camos don't have any effect on performance at the moment.
Source - Link

Q: Will there be a way to review camo schemes on a tank before we buy them?
A: Sure thing there will be a preview option.
Source - Link

Q: What will be the difference between premium and credit camo’s?
A: Camouflage is just another change of vehicle coloring, it’s about appearance but not the gameplay. The difference between the camo's and the so-called “skins’” is that camouflages will be shown to all users and not only to 1 player on his own screen.
Camouflages will be divided into two types, which could be purchased for credits (will last for a certain period of time from 24 hours to 30 days) and for Gold (will last for ever).
Adaptive camouflage that gives a camo bonus won’t be included in 7.0. It will be added with one of the upcoming updates.
Source - Link

Q: Can I unmount the skins for Gold, like modules? Or it is just possible to repaint them?
A: You can repaint them only.
Source - Link

Q: The new camo will be bought per tank separately, or it will be possible to buy a camo for all tanks?
A: For each tank separately.
Source - Link

Q: How many total different camo patterns will be available in this patch?
A: Currently we have 10-12 per vehicle, although it's not finalized yet.
Source - Link

Q: Will you give us another slot for camo?
A: Most likely adaptive camo consumable will require a separate unique slot.
Source - Link

Achievements, Stats, XP

Q: Will you add battle time to post battle statistics?
A: Yes, going to introduce somewhat similar, not only to post battle stats, but also to player stats (like avg battle time and such).
Source - Link

Q: Will we have active garage specifications?
A: Active garage specs that take into account crew progress and modules/consumables will arrive later.
Source - Link

Q: How is possible for two or more players to detect an equal number of enemy vehicles, in excess of 9. With teams of 15 tanks?
A: This is for future when we bring team of 30 into the game.
Source - Link

Q: Will medal get you any bonus on XP gained? True, False?
A: False.
Source - Link

Q: Do I get exp and credits for re-scouting an enemy?
A: According to this - no.
Source - Link

Q: Is there a reward for those players who make all tanks elite?
A: Currently there is no such reward.
Source - Link

Clan Logos

Q: When you implement the clan logos, will I be able to upload my own logo? And can I move it, so that to see both the nation marks and the logo? Can I add some text to it?
A: The players will have the possibility of using the introduced logos only. It will be impossible to move the logo, but you will be able to type some text for the logo.
Source - Link

Q: Will the clan logos be placed on all tanks in a garage? Or shall we do it for each vehicle specifically?
A: It will be possible to put one logo on a vehicle.
Source - Link

Q: Clan logos: will we have logos on tanks in the battle?
A: Yes, the clan logos (as well as others) will be displayed on tanks in battle. The logos will be purchased for gold and placed over the nation marks (stars, crosses, etc.).
Source - Link

Q: Where will be logos and camouflage stored? Will this cause much traffic?
A: They are stored on server. There will be no traffic increase - no worries.
Source - Link

Horns

Q: Will the horns be added with the 7.0 update?
A: Only 1 horn-sound will be added to receive feedback from players about it and to plan the rest sound packs better.
Source - Link

Q: Will the tank be de-camo'ed when using them?
A: The tanks won't be de-camo'ed by the horn use.
Source - Link

Q: If a ignore a tanker, will he still annoy me with his horn?
A: There will be no problem with that as you won't hear the horns coming from the ignored players.
Source - Link

Q: Will a horn de-mask a tank?
A: No, it won't.
Source - Link

AFK

Q: Do you plan any actions against players who leave battle in situation when they will be for sure destroyed?
A: Planning to leave such vehicles in battle, so as enemy team could grab easy exp/credits/kill.
Source - Link

19D_VET #2 Posted Nov 27 2011 - 09:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4999 battles
  • [WOLF] WOLF
Why do you only see the FINE for DOING Friendly damage and not what you get FROM being damaged?

reknalc #3 Posted Dec 01 2011 - 14:16

Private

• Players
  • 29421 battles
I've gone from getting "Top GUN" to barely registering a 'kill'!  My hit ratio is the same but the damage inflicted is lousy.  Just left a battle with a Valentine and I hit him 5 maybe 6 times, along with a teammate also hitting it.  Finally had to break off with the Valentine at 63%.  This has also affected my survivability........!  Tanks keep coming and I keep hitting them but they seem impervious to the gun even at close range.  I've complained before two updates ago when I first noticed the difference.  The dispersion is really the pits!  Trying to track and target is for the birds!  Every blade of grass or ripple of the water just widens the circle and if you fire, it's a miss by a great distance.  I'm tired of hearing 'that was close', 'it went right thru him' or 'that's gotta hurt' but the tanks keep going with little to no damage.  If I had never used the SPG before, I probably wouldn't voice my observations, but it's got to the point I don't even want to continue in any battles after hitting a mentioned tank and he's still motoring!  You had a good game once, interesting and fun but you tweaked it too much!

Strasse_Stampfer #4 Posted Dec 04 2011 - 02:48

Private

• Players
  • 1569 battles
ok i have an issue when i click battle.. the game loads the team/map name list... then it will load the bar to full but wont let me play.. what do i need to do because it makes me lose money and exp.

KR_Damy #5 Posted Dec 12 2011 - 05:19

Private

• Players
  • 19263 battles
WarGaynet. Can u add a Load Limit 200kg to Patton.(it's enough just 200kg.)

Patton(9 tier) has only choice 90mm_gun_M3(7 tier)
90mmM3 gun has only 160mm penetration and it can't penetrate any others over 7 tier actually.
B.U.T Always there are lots of Type59 on Patton's Enemy side.

I wish u to fix this dilemma with adding a Load Limit only 200kg to Patton.

in short, Add 200kg Load_Limit to Patton.

ps : i'm poor at english. so sorry.

Attached Images

SeraphimSarov #6 Posted Dec 16 2011 - 20:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 57920 battles
  • [BREED] BREED
why are tier II tank destroyers not placed into tier I and II battles while tier II and III tanks are?

callmesarge #7 Posted Dec 19 2011 - 02:37

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 31824 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
Will there be changes to tanks "disapearing" when they are in an open field in full view? The 5 second rule should not apply to vehicles sitting the open with relatively no cover. Please explain this part of the game mechanics?

gunslinger6792 #8 Posted Dec 22 2011 - 13:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4922 battles
I really want to see HE be fixed. HE was the only thing that helped when you where thrown into a battle against tanks 2, 3, 4 teirs higher than yourself and now HE is nearly useless. have the time it even bounces of light tanks!!!!

wrench776 #9 Posted Dec 30 2011 - 01:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20414 battles
  • [S-A] S-A
How can a hit on my track damage my ammo rank on a t29?

Titanium_Archer #10 Posted Jan 03 2012 - 07:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 18511 battles
the new phsyics since the 7.0 patch update are crap. i used to get a minimum of 2/3 out of 10 shots that would bounce or ricochet from hitting critical areas,now however it is more like 7/8 out of every 10 shots fired.it is also amazing now how a maus can bounce off lower tier tanks more readily on the side and do no damage at all.And its not just the maus.i have found it occurs with nearly every single tank in my garage, and even the gold rounds are doing the same.i also like now how a tank 30 feet in front with no cover and in the open can stay invisible more often and disappear after u shoot 1 shell at them.camo my ass,skills my ass, its pathetic and has gotten worse. What makes it even more hilarious is the fact that the servers have an open script link which can allow bots and the rest of the like through but if you say this to the devs you are warned with a ban or permanent suspension to your account.funny i am one of the players who pay to play this game...e.g gold for exp conversion,,,,yet the devs still wont admit to this open server exploit or the fact that programs can and are allowed to run thru it. it seems as long as they are still getting people to play the game why fix the exploits and crap in game physics,and whatever you do dont complain,,you will get banned from these retards who care more for the money they make than to actually fix the game once and for all.

kalebthrift115 #11 Posted Jan 03 2012 - 18:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 17743 battles

View Postaus40au, on Jan 03 2012 - 07:22, said:

the new phsyics since the 7.0 patch update are crap. i used to get a minimum of 2/3 out of 10 shots that would bounce or ricochet from hitting critical areas,now however it is more like 7/8 out of every 10 shots fired.it is also amazing now how a maus can bounce off lower tier tanks more readily on the side and do no damage at all.And its not just the maus.i have found it occurs with nearly every single tank in my garage, and even the gold rounds are doing the same.i also like now how a tank 30 feet in front with no cover and in the open can stay invisible more often and disappear after u shoot 1 shell at them.camo my ass,skills my ass, its pathetic and has gotten worse. What makes it even more hilarious is the fact that the servers have an open script link which can allow bots and the rest of the like through but if you say this to the devs you are warned with a ban or permanent suspension to your account.funny i am one of the players who pay to play this game...e.g gold for exp conversion,,,,yet the devs still wont admit to this open server exploit or the fact that programs can and are allowed to run thru it. it seems as long as they are still getting people to play the game why fix the exploits and crap in game physics,and whatever you do dont complain,,you will get banned from these retards who care more for the money they make than to actually fix the game once and for all.

If you don't like the game, then don't play. They are doing this game as a FREE MMO game (top of the line, I might add), yes it is true that they can fix these things, but they are to busy finding, and re-creating tanks to have in the game, fixing other major bugs and such. I too noticed the severe change with the HE, heck I completely gave up on it because of the change. And yes the spotting system truly does suck, but would you rather be shot at by the artys ALL THE TIME? Or across the map by a lowly tank stalking you? I know I wouldn't. So just stop and look at the great things about this wonderful game. It really is a great game just watch the updates.

kirby20x6 #12 Posted Jan 03 2012 - 19:49

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2916 battles

View Postwrench776, on Dec 30 2011 - 01:52, said:

How can a hit on my track damage my ammo rank on a t29?
Ammunition is stored in the hull below the turret.  I've had shots from the front hit the ammo rack on the T29.

DRAGONFIRE_Sr #13 Posted Jan 04 2012 - 11:08

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 30234 battles
  • [RAZE] RAZE

View PostKR_Damy, on Dec 12 2011 - 05:19, said:

WarGaynet. Can u add a Load Limit 200kg to Patton.(it's enough just 200kg.)

Patton(9 tier) has only choice 90mm_gun_M3(7 tier)
90mmM3 gun has only 160mm penetration and it can't penetrate any others over 7 tier actually.
B.U.T Always there are lots of Type59 on Patton's Enemy side.

I wish u to fix this dilemma with adding a Load Limit only 200kg to Patton.

in short, Add 200kg Load_Limit to Patton.

ps : i'm poor at english. so sorry.
Just add the updated tracks first, then you can add everything else to your tank!  

Dont think for a second that a stock patton ever should be out leading the charge or dogfighting!  Use hard cover and snipe from a flanking location so you can hit the soft sides or rear of passing enemy tanks. once you have updated some of your equipment then you can go dance with the big dogs!

Tysenus #14 Posted Jan 07 2012 - 05:45

Private

• Players
  • 12935 battles
The current match maker system could be improved upon greatly. My question is why havent you yet implemented the system that takes into account the number of matches the tank has fought in. I dont want to just hear about how your looking into it and the game is free to play because I pay for a premium account and so I expect some form of results. Also Running a tier 5 tank in its very first match and getting lined up against tier 8/9 tanks is not fun in any way and yet it occurs more than getting matched with tanks that are within one or two tiers of your tank. Obviously this is unfair for not only the person playing the tank that can not damage anything and dies instantly but it also hurts his team as they start the match with a handycap. I do think you have a great game with possibilies but as a paying customer this problem is a major one that needs to be addressed or my money will go else where... and you know im not the only one.

You should also create a forum called "You Rant - We Reply!"

Leisure_Shoot #15 Posted Jan 07 2012 - 06:53

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 18784 battles
  • [AR15] AR15
With 0.7.0, and still in 0.7.1, the chat tying window closes (or loses focus) when the match begins, and you must click on it with the mouse to finish typing to post a message to team.  Is this being addressed?

TexasLonewolf #16 Posted Jan 07 2012 - 08:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21382 battles
  • [-TSM-] -TSM-

View PostTysenus, on Jan 07 2012 - 05:45, said:

The current match maker system could be improved upon greatly. My question is why havent you yet implemented the system that takes into account the number of matches the tank has fought in. I dont want to just hear about how your looking into it and the game is free to play because I pay for a premium account and so I expect some form of results. Also Running a tier 5 tank in its very first match and getting lined up against tier 8/9 tanks is not fun in any way and yet it occurs more than getting matched with tanks that are within one or two tiers of your tank. Obviously this is unfair for not only the person playing the tank that can not damage anything and dies instantly but it also hurts his team as they start the match with a handycap. I do think you have a great game with possibilies but as a paying customer this problem is a major one that needs to be addressed or my money will go else where... and you know im not the only one.

You should also create a forum called "You Rant - We Reply!"

Wow !:blink: need to read Tanitha's post again...wait i'll help you.

( Match Maker )
Q: Is MM considering number of battles in a tank?
A: No, matchmaking currently does not take into account previous battles. Though we are thinking of that feature.
Source - Link

and as far as you complaining about a tier 5 tank being matched up against tier 8/9..... :lol:  well i will say this then, Tier 5 tanks with the right Modules & guns can be very effective against a Tier 8/9 tank provided you have some sort of tanking skills,,

meaning practice makes perfect, the more you learn your tank and work on your crew's skills the better

and for someone who spends money on the game, maybe you need to read & research alittle before griping all info is there,,, just have to read

You Rant, I replied  :P

TexasLonewolf #17 Posted Jan 07 2012 - 08:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21382 battles
  • [-TSM-] -TSM-

View PostLeisure_Shoot, on Jan 07 2012 - 06:53, said:

With 0.7.0, and still in 0.7.1, the chat tying window closes (or loses focus) when the match begins, and you must click on it with the mouse to finish typing to post a message to team.  Is this being addressed?

Yeah it is getting a little annoying  <_<

Tom08052005 #18 Posted Jan 07 2012 - 15:34

Private

• Players
  • 1682 battles
i just want to know if there' s a simple manner to play in the European server when you're registrated in the American server, or if anyone  can transfer my American account in the Eu server definitly ?

EdgeXXL #19 Posted Jan 07 2012 - 18:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28526 battles

If you don't like the game, then don't play. They are doing this game as a FREE MMO game (top of the line, I might add), yes it is true that they can fix these things, but they are to busy finding, and re-creating tanks to have in the game, fixing other major bugs and such. I too noticed the severe change with the HE, heck I completely gave up on it because of the change. And yes the spotting system truly does suck, but would you rather be shot at by the artys ALL THE TIME? Or across the map by a lowly tank stalking you? I know I wouldn't. So just stop and look at the great things about this wonderful game. It really is a great game just watch the updates.

A lot of people pay good money to run premium accounts and buy gold to play this game that now seems broken. With the 7.0 and 7.1 patches they have introduced a bunch of changes and tanks instead of trying to fix the major bugs in the game. Although I like the new content and tanks I dislike the way the game mechanics seem to be broken. The change to HE has made it practically useless. I very rarely used HE to begin with so I am not just some whiner complaining. The change in game mechanics has taken away much of the skill involved and has made the game totally random. There are so many missed and critical shots for no damage that good tanker play is usually no longer a factor. There are many tanks that are already in the game that needed to be fixed before new tanks needed to be introduced "IE" American tier 9 and 10 heavy tanks. It would have been nice to see them fix this stuff first before introducing new tank lines.

"Here is an example of what I am talking about" Shooting an enemy tank in the same exact spot three times. This was not done in a PUG game where RNG would be a huge factor but in a controlled situation testing. First shot full penetration for max damage. Second shot in the same hole and a critical for no damage. Third shot no penetration or a miss. This is happening over and over and frankly it has broken this game and brought it to the point that it is a lot less fun to play. Shots hitting enemy tanks have become so random that skill has become less of a factor. You take the time and maneuver, have the perfect set up, pick your shot carefully, wait for your sight to completely zoom in, miss or critical for no damage. This is happening at a very high rate and killing the fun factor of playing the game. These problems need to be addressed or I fear that a lot of people will quit playing.

Tysenus #20 Posted Jan 08 2012 - 05:42

Private

• Players
  • 12935 battles
Ok Texan for someone trying to tell anyone to read first let me inform you a little. On Tanitha's post it does not refer in ANY way about if this system will be implemented or otherwise it just says "we are thinking of that feature" and as I said "I expect results".
Now on the matter of the tier 5 tank, I clearly stated a tier 5 tank in its FIRST battle where as you refer to one with all the right modules so ill break this down for you as by FIRST battle I was intending for it to not be upgraded by any means.... pretty simple.
I had posted this in hopes of getting some answers for me and others, not to have a troll make a failed attempt to make me look bad. Maybe you need to read and research a little before replying all the info is there...just have to read.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users