Name in blue in garage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

drewbicus #1 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 04:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Last night I accidentally TK'd someone. I was driving a DERP KV, was zoomed in on an enemy arty, and a light tank from my team drove through my reticle as I clicked to fire. I one-shotted him. :(

Now my name shows up in neon blue in my garage - but not in game. What does that mean?

AK_Stalker #2 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 05:11

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I think it means you are on TK probation, sort of.  If you play a few games without inflicting any more team damage it will go away again.

FreeFOXMIKE #3 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 05:22

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostAK_Stalker, on Nov 28 2011 - 05:11, said:

I think it means you are on TK probation, sort of.  If you play a few games without inflicting any more team damage it will go away again.

as they said but watch for ramming / hitting to was this in the regular game or the test server?

Sealteam6 #4 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 05:53

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Dont injure anyone of your team mates in the base, dont even let them bump you during the scramble to deploy, the TK multiplier is like 10 X more in the home base!
You will be fine in 1 or 2 games.

tonywhatsyourname #5 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 06:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Is there a way to see your TK ranking?

Sealteam6 #6 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 06:54

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Posttonywhatsyourname, on Nov 28 2011 - 06:19, said:

Is there a way to see your TK ranking?

Not that I'm aware of, I play Arty quite a bit & of course close in support gets you into trouble with splash, I would love to see a guide or an interactive chart in the Garage so I know what my limits are.

AK_Stalker #7 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 06:58

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
It's probably best kept a secret I think.  If people knew exactly how much friendly damage they could inflict without penalty, you'd see a lot more friendly damage done.

sapperland #8 Posted Nov 28 2011 - 17:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
This multiplier effect also happens at the enemy base.
I was capping with a few others shooting at the defenders with my KV. In sniper mode, fired just as a light ran in front of my gun. Boom, dead wreck in front of me, my tank turns blue and we win a few seconds later. My name in the garage also turned blue.
Went on to play other tanks for daily double and they were not blue. Played the KV the next day to get the daily double win and it was not blue either. So the blue spanking didn't last long.
I have only killed friendlies a few times in thousands of games.  Kill one on your base or the enemy base and the negative effect of it is massive.

Super_Silver #9 Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I killed a teammate as we were swarming on the enemy base campers from all sides. Immediately blue in game and now in garage. Played thousands of games and only killed a hand full of team mates. Sapperland is correct about MASSIVE multiplier if in home base or enemy base.

Hartziel #10 Posted Oct 13 2012 - 12:33

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postdrewbicus, on Nov 28 2011 - 04:41, said:

Last night I accidentally TK'd someone. I was driving a DERP KV, was zoomed in on an enemy arty, and a light tank from my team drove through my reticle as I clicked to fire. I one-shotted him. :Smile_sad:

Now my name shows up in neon blue in my garage - but not in game. What does that mean?

rubbish, it means that u did a lot of tk or team damage before. now you have the so called blue name desease. health inshurance ? visit ur local doctor

PuddleSplasher #11 Posted Oct 13 2012 - 13:39

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Blue means that you have team-killed at least 2 tanks in a 24 hour period.

A single team kill, especially a single shot will not automatically turn you blue.

However the game mechanics monitor how much accumulative damage that you have imposed upon all your teams and combines that with a team kill to determine if you are purposefully damaging your team and then when you hit that second tank following the kill it knows without doubt that you are at the very least a team damager. Now if that tank is instantly killed by your team due to your previous damage then it gives you the kill instead of the team and now you are BLUE as a team killer.

Denman #12 Posted Oct 13 2012 - 13:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
The Blue name in Garage will disappear within 10 - 15 uneventful battles.. it's not a time based sanction, but turnover.
Damaging friendlies on either cap hurts badly... & if you're blue in garage & not blue in-battle be ESPECIALLY careful not to damage any team-mates in either Cap.
If you do you'll be Blue In-game as well & then there's that whole other argument about TK'ing the TK'er....

Cartoonman #13 Posted Oct 13 2012 - 14:03

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Think of a blue name in garage as a warning that you have been suspected of being a convicted team killer. However, they don't have enough evidence on you yet to consider a ban. Use this opportunity to avoid damaging teammates, and damage enemies. after a while it will go away.

INVICTUS_66 #14 Posted Oct 13 2012 - 14:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postsapperland, on Nov 28 2011 - 17:28, said:

This multiplier effect also happens at the enemy base.
I was capping with a few others shooting at the defenders with my KV. In sniper mode, fired just as a light ran in front of my gun. Boom, dead wreck in front of me, my tank turns blue and we win a few seconds later. My name in the garage also turned blue.
Went on to play other tanks for daily double and they were not blue. Played the KV the next day to get the daily double win and it was not blue either. So the blue spanking didn't last long.
I have only killed friendlies a few times in thousands of games.  Kill one on your base or the enemy base and the negative effect of it is massive.

try a little honesty  You do not turn blue in garage for a one time hit.  In game yes but not in garage

Cartoonman #15 Posted Oct 13 2012 - 14:11

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostINVICTUS_66, on Oct 13 2012 - 14:10, said:

try a little honesty  You do not turn blue in garage for a one time hit.  In game yes but not in garage
Actually you can. He was using a KV-2, and if you know anything about KV-2's, when they hit (w/ 152mm), they hit hard. I've turned blue for a single shot before. It all depends.

Doomslinger #16 Posted Oct 17 2012 - 21:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Yeah be careful when playing in capture mode because you could be fighting around the base more compared to encounter mode or defend mode.  I was shooting at a td that was camping in the base and when it was low on hp, an ally rushed in to get the kill and my last shot hit him instead.  My name is blue in the garage but not in game.  It must be a warning.  Another time an ally with low hp ran into my tank at full speed and I wasn't moving, didn't fire my gun or anything and it gave me a -1 for a team kill.