Jump to content


why is the t44 not like the irl t44


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

poas1 #1 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 09:56

    Private

  • Beta Testers
  • 273 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    11-18-2010
i mean come on the t34 and the t44 were legends in ww2 they were even used to ram panzers then turn around and shoot it in the face, but in this game is complete crap what the hell happened and arnt the devs russian why would they make the tanks of their own contunry so crappy?

reaper762 #2 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 09:59

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20010 battles
  • 672
  • Member since:
    03-16-2011
the T-34s rarely wer able to operate after ramming a german tank idk what your talking about and the T-34 is a good tank i enjoyed mine when i had it

kebab6597 #3 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 10:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 39533 battles
  • 4,704
  • [BE] BE
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
@OP you dont really honestly think that any tank crew would ram another tank as a means of knocking it out IRL do you please tell me you dont because apart from making there own tank disabled they run the very high risk of killing themselves or atleast causeing very serious injuries :)

Garnett101st #4 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 10:26

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 17630 battles
  • 2,192
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010
OP The T34 were only good until 1942, Then it became out dated, and the T44 was only a prototype.

Mowie #5 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 10:32

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 5514 battles
  • 2,733
  • Member since:
    09-29-2010
OP I think you need to go and do some proper research.

The T-44 was not used operationally during World War II so, I don't know why you think it was a legendary tank when it did nothing.

Also there are lots of myths surrounding the T-34 just like the Tiger.

Proper research will reveal that at the end of the day the T-34 was actually only a mediocre tank.

The reason it was so successful was because it was the most produced tank of WWII.

Lazyhound #6 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 11:36

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12579 battles
  • 305
  • [NDP] NDP
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011
Also the T-34 is great in-game, I propose that it is a PEBKAC situation.

Trouble_SR #7 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 12:57

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22747 battles
  • 697
  • [EMAG] EMAG
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011
Don't you find it strange that a beta-tester who's been around for over a year says such BS things?

EDIT: How about posting with your main account?

Tolos #8 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 13:25

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23885 battles
  • 11,427
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010

View Postpoas1, on Nov 29 2011 - 09:56, said:

i mean come on the t34 and the t44 were legends in ww2 they were even used to ram panzers then turn around and shoot it in the face, but in this game is complete crap what the hell happened and arnt the devs russian why would they make the tanks of their own contunry so crappy?

Fail troll or Fails at life....

i cant make up my mind which one of the above it is

Kristine #9 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 13:32

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 15388 battles
  • 1,452
  • [-LP-] -LP-
  • Member since:
    07-19-2010
Just for fun:

'Why cant the german guns have their real world performance where everything the allies throw at it gets blown up real bad? "



Contused #10 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 15:51

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6056 battles
  • 138
  • Member since:
    10-14-2011
Gameplay wise... the T-34 with the ZiS-4 is awesome, there are threads out there which explain why and how unfair the match making system is to it. As for the T-44... meh. Both tanks require finesse. I can only assume you made this post in raging over something that has happened.

IRL wise;

  • The T-34 was a greater threat in the macro sense of the War, they were in the the prototype phase in 1939 and somewhat ready for mass production in 1940, so thus the Germans early in the war, were somewhat surprised about how many they had and how effective the T-34 was, made by a supposedly "inferior people." They simply didn't have an answer at this time for these tanks, usually AT-guns did the trick, but the war in the early years was less static... but by 1943 the Germans had an effective answer to them and the war by this time, was within Lithuania and other parts of Eastern Europe, where open mass tank warfare wasn't all that viable (although it goes without saying tanks were still used).

  • As for the T-34 ramming tanks... yeah... I can see that... but ramming not in the sense of the game. They would drive up, only to slow down to knock the enemy tank off the road into a large ditch. (And if the T-34 got damage in the process; the tank crew would get out, call the T-34 "battle damaged beyond repair" and go back and get a new one. T-34 in the beginning parts of the war were casualties in large part due to poor maintenance [parts could not be fixed properly], leaving the factory too early [which happened often], and an inexperience crew; not from any concerted effort by the Germans in destroying them. This was the case throughout the war actually, except when T-34s went up agaisnt, static AT gun held strongpoints, Tigers, and later Panthers [to a lesser degree]). Tigers were particulary notorious amongst the Red Army, every effective German counter push was made with the Tigers as thier spear point. Stockpole publishing's "T-34 in Action" is a good read. Short biographies of T-34 tank men and women in the Soviet army, in various intervals during the war. Although one of the stories is on the fantasy side I have to admit (a T-34 destroying 2 tigers in quick succession... and the boostful way it was depicted. Other then this, a good read).

  • It does say in-game that the T-44 was produced in 1944 but it never saw action; the tank was instead kept in secret due to Cold War tensions during the ending part of the war. Thus the preformance, as with many of the tanks in WoT, unproven.


Naughtius_Maximus #11 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 19:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 20798 battles
  • 7,448
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011
The German tanks got such high kill ratios because they were on the defense. On defense you get first strike a lot more often. I've heard that the German tanks got horrible kill ratios during the Battle of the Bulge simply because Shermans no longer had to get close and flank them; the Germans opened themselves up to first strike and flank attacks simply by advancing.

Lisped #12 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 20:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 5319 battles
  • 1,551
  • [CMCAW] CMCAW
  • Member since:
    02-20-2011

View Postkebab6597, on Nov 29 2011 - 10:09, said:

@OP you dont really honestly think that any tank crew would ram another tank as a means of knocking it out IRL do you please tell me you dont because apart from making there own tank disabled they run the very high risk of killing themselves or atleast causeing very serious injuries :)

Actually, typical ramming was a shock tactic. the tank would ram the tank and lodge to the front, only a secondary idea if the gun or turret was knocked out, and would disallow the enemy turret to mvoe, nor the tank. World of tanks moddelled rams incorrectly.

Lisped #13 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 20:53

    Captain

  • Players
  • 5319 battles
  • 1,551
  • [CMCAW] CMCAW
  • Member since:
    02-20-2011

View PostContused, on Nov 29 2011 - 15:51, said:

Gameplay wise... the T-34 with the ZiS-4 is awesome, there are threads out there which explain why and how unfair the match making system is to it. As for the T-44... meh. Both tanks require finesse. I can only assume you made this post in raging over something that has happened.

IRL wise;

  • The T-34 was a greater threat in the macro sense of the War, they were in the the prototype phase in 1939 and somewhat ready for mass production in 1940, so thus the Germans early in the war, were somewhat surprised about how many they had and how effective the T-34 was, made by a supposedly "inferior people." They simply didn't have an answer at this time for these tanks, usually AT-guns did the trick, but the war in the early years was less static... but by 1943 the Germans had an effective answer to them and the war by this time, was within Lithuania and other parts of Eastern Europe, where open mass tank warfare wasn't all that viable (although it goes without saying tanks were still used).

  • As for the T-34 ramming tanks... yeah... I can see that... but ramming not in the sense of the game. They would drive up, only to slow down to knock the enemy tank off the road into a large ditch. (And if the T-34 got damage in the process; the tank crew would get out, call the T-34 "battle damaged beyond repair" and go back and get a new one. T-34 in the beginning parts of the war were casualties in large part due to poor maintenance [parts could not be fixed properly], leaving the factory too early [which happened often], and an inexperience crew; not from any concerted effort by the Germans in destroying them. This was the case throughout the war actually, except when T-34s went up agaisnt, static AT gun held strongpoints, Tigers, and later Panthers [to a lesser degree]). Tigers were particulary notorious amongst the Red Army, every effective German counter push was made with the Tigers as thier spear point. Stockpole publishing's "T-34 in Action" is a good read. Short biographies of T-34 tank men and women in the Soviet army, in various intervals during the war. Although one of the stories is on the fantasy side I have to admit (a T-34 destroying 2 tigers in quick succession... and the boostful way it was depicted. Other then this, a good read).

  • It does say in-game that the T-44 was produced in 1944 but it never saw action; the tank was instead kept in secret due to Cold War tensions during the ending part of the war. Thus the preformance, as with many of the tanks in WoT, unproven.

This. The t-44 WAS a prototype, the basis for the much-produced t-54 and was used in wars from 1947-155 besides korea.

The t-34's ramming was to ram a vehicle out of the way or disable one, and due to crudeness and toughness, ocudl withstand rams or be bale to get a new one lickity-split.

The t-34 in 1941 was rather rare, alogn with kvs, but was seen in numbers in 42 and 43. t-34s were upgunned to 85s in 1944. Technically speaking, it was never obsolete, just simply outgunned.

lobudek #14 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 21:10

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 6084 battles
  • 43
  • Member since:
    02-05-2011

View Postpoas1, on Nov 29 2011 - 09:56, said:

i mean come on the t34 and the t44 were legends in ww2 they were even used to ram panzers then turn around and shoot it in the face, but in this game is complete crap what the hell happened and arnt the devs russian why would they make the tanks of their own contunry so crappy?


+1   Well when the game gets this boring, that is actually some good comedy.

Contused #15 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 21:37

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6056 battles
  • 138
  • Member since:
    10-14-2011

View PostLisped, on Nov 29 2011 - 20:53, said:

This. The t-44 WAS a prototype, the basis for the much-produced t-54 and was used in wars from 1947-155 besides korea.

The t-34's ramming was to ram a vehicle out of the way or disable one, and due to crudeness and toughness, ocudl withstand rams or be bale to get a new one lickity-split.

The t-34 in 1941 was rather rare, alogn with kvs, but was seen in numbers in 42 and 43. t-34s were upgunned to 85s in 1944. Technically speaking, it was never obsolete, just simply outgunned.

Yes it was a prototype only less then 1k were produced.

Yes about the ramming, more often that was the case... there were also instance of what I gave but those were rare.

And yes T-34 was rare early part of the war. In 1940, they were in production. Only to come out in any large enough size to be considered for a tank company in 1941.

mickz0r #16 Posted Nov 29 2011 - 22:10

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 4039 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    09-01-2010

View PostContused, on Nov 29 2011 - 21:37, said:

Yes it was a prototype only less then 1k were produced.

Yes about the ramming, more often that was the case... there were also instance of what I gave but those were rare.

And yes T-34 was rare early part of the war. In 1940, they were in production. Only to come out in any large enough size to be considered for a tank company in 1941.

There were over 1,800 T-44's produced, these served until the 1970's. This was not a prototype, however it was quickly superseded by the superior T54/55.

Hartziel #17 Posted Nov 30 2011 - 10:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 27759 battles
  • 3,532
  • Member since:
    11-04-2011
U are absolutely right. The t 34 was the first real modern tank in the world, only cause it has only a 4 man crew, no semiautomatic, that knocked off tese disadvantage, the bader radio it was able for the germans to stand. At Kursk the t34 really rammed the tigers in suicide actions, and at last they won. Dont understand, by the way, why this tank has no better results in this game, but they want to earn money these developers, and so the make the ger,am line more expensive, and if the kkids are not patient enough, they spend all there money :). TMO the t34 in this game is absolute underpowered, the PZ 4 for ex only good for carrying the 75 cm gun, the rest was antique already in 42. The Shermans for example absolute know for one hit and they go up in flames, in the game ... ???? U have to hit them really several times..so, have fun, dont think too much about why and why not.

Spectre12078 #18 Posted Nov 30 2011 - 16:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 19978 battles
  • 2,485
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View PostHartziel, on Nov 30 2011 - 10:16, said:

U are absolutely right. The t 34 was the first real modern tank in the world, only cause it has only a 4 man crew, no semiautomatic, that knocked off tese disadvantage, the bader radio it was able for the germans to stand. At Kursk the t34 really rammed the tigers in suicide actions, and at last they won. Dont understand, by the way, why this tank has no better results in this game, but they want to earn money these developers, and so the make the ger,am line more expensive, and if the kkids are not patient enough, they spend all there money :). TMO the t34 in this game is absolute underpowered, the PZ 4 for ex only good for carrying the 75 cm gun, the rest was antique already in 42. The Shermans for example absolute know for one hit and they go up in flames, in the game ... ???? U have to hit them really several times..so, have fun, dont think too much about why and why not.


No it wasnt. The T-34 was only famous due to how many were made. Sloping armor? Look at a Hotchkiss and you can see it.4 man crew? So what,the Panzers had 4 man crews. The Soviets(no offense intended) made rather poor quality items. The tank often leaked when it rained,had no radio,and was incredibly cramped. Im 5 11,I can barely get into one.

Soviets had poor quality optics,they were literally crap until they started copying captured German units. Radios? Many werent even shipped with them,or command tanks were.

The Shermans go up in flames...that has been disproven how many times now? Sure they had teething problems,but what doesnt? Your biggest problem in a tank such as a Sherman is fire cooking the ammo,but that was fixed,and the M10 Wolverine had the wet ammo racks installed from the factory to prevent such a cookoff.

Panzer 4s were a multi use tank,however aging,no. They were severely stressed,but they still did all that was asked of them.

Germany lost due to perfection. We only won cause we could produce so much more than them. Yes Tigers were rammed,but do you know how many T-34s were lost? Many many were. I will say though,for an aging design,it is still seen in 3rd world nations who cannot afford a true MBT.

Political_Malcontent #19 Posted Dec 15 2011 - 22:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14342 battles
  • 337
  • Member since:
    05-13-2011

View Postkebab6597, on Nov 29 2011 - 10:09, said:

@OP you dont really honestly think that any tank crew would ram another tank as a means of knocking it out IRL do you please tell me you dont because apart from making there own tank disabled they run the very high risk of killing themselves or atleast causeing very serious injuries :)

Many stories about Russian tanks ramming German tanks, most notably at the battle of Kursk. Some attribute the Soviet tactics of "get in close" for causing the "accidental" ramming of German tanks. Keep in mind that the visibility of real life WWII tank crews was far more limiting than we have in game. Also remember the mind set of Russians at that time. Many of them had families that were butchered by the Germans or families that lay in the path of their advance. Combine this with adrenaline, the very real desire to stop the Germans, difficulties in penetrating German armor, and NKVD blocking units that would execute you if you ran; you may be tempted to ram the Germans our of sheer frustration and or desperation.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users