Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
huh?

cddlbunny0 #122 Posted Nov 20 2013 - 23:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 7375 battles
Actually, I have gotten an Asus GT 610 silent video card and am happy with it. It is a fanless passive cooling one and there have been no problems to date. If anyone is looking for a good card, ASUS is the place to look. Their fanless (silent) GPUs are very stable.

Snoopyinc #123 Posted Nov 25 2013 - 10:52

Private

• Players
  • 8194 battles
I think the wording is what is catching everyone.  It is not latency but rather Spiking in game play.  the delay of when you press a key to when the tank on the screen actually responds... however when you press something the tank sound responds.  We also notice a problem that could be best described as "deja vu" where you rolling and you get a split second repeat of where you driving all the time.  like its lagging out.  

The game is really getting to the point of it loosing is credit and respect.  MM should be fixed also and a tiering system for players so they don't get so frustrated when PUGS are just plain silly.  Thats for another topic however.

WOT Please give us some feedback to if this is being looked into?

Avrien #124 Posted Jan 10 2014 - 19:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7389 battles
I assumed this was a Linux/wine thing.... I'll have to see what I can do.

Tiger_Eraser #125 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 05:53

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

{lang:macro__view_post}X32Wright, on Dec 03 2011 - 01:48, said:

Have you had frequent and unpredictable WOT client crashes? If you have a sound card and nVidia card (maybe ATI too) then follow the instructions below to see if it solves your problem:
Go to Control Panel and then Device Manager and locate the Display Adapter and look if you have an entry for 'High Definition Audio Controller'
Spoiler

Select your video card and Right Click for PROPERTIES. Look for the 'Location' entry and note the BUS and FUNCTION entries:
Spoiler

Do the same for the 'High Definition Audio Controller'
Spoiler

IF the BUS used is identical (between the video card and the HD Audio Controller) BUT the FUNCTION is different (PCI BUS 4, Function 0 and PCI BUS 4 Function 1):
Spoiler

'DISABLE' the 'High Definition Audio Controller'
Spoiler

Your WOT client would be much more stable. It might still crash but not as often. The problem stems from sharing the same bus (IRQ in fact) hence they interrupt each other. The reason is most video cards today do have their own audio device built-in for HDMI output.
UPDATE: For newer video cards specially nVidia the location of the HD Audio Controller has changed.
It is no longer under the 'Sound,Video and Game Controllers section' (although sometimes it is still listed there, you cannot disable it there anymore).
Spoiler

You must now go to the System Devices section to DISABLE it.
Spoiler

UPDATE II: I would also check the python log. If your python log contains a lot of missing file error, inability to read .pyc files and countless CTD (Crash to Desktop) during the game as well and have PATCH Launcher errors like "Critical Errors' , then you might have a Hard Drive problem. You might not notice this with other programs but with WOT you will. Sadly the solution for this is a brand new hard drive. This I know from experience as well.
Please comment here and give tips and observation if this helped you.
Edit: This has also been tested by people with ATI video card and the same fix works. You just might have a different designation for your 'HD audio controller'.
You can also try to DISABLE, "Data Execution Prevention':
Spoiler

https://support.worl...-no-error-given

Wright, thanks a lot for the professional solution. Could you help me to figure out the issue I am facing. I am running with 2 Titan SLI, but in-game graphic setting only suggest running under minimum. Every time i change setting to high (not even the highest), the game crached in 2-3 seconds in the gaming. Do you have any comments on this? Thanks!

X32Wright #126 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 17:59

Captain

• VT Coordinator
  • 21068 battles
  • [SCDRL] SCDRL
Sorry to only have seen your post now.  Sadly the game is not multi-threaded so SLI will cause crashes if enabled because the data would be fetched out of sequence. The solution is to disable SLI when playing this game or try to enable SINGLE thread profile for this game.

Tiger_Eraser #127 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 18:17

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

{lang:macro__view_post}X32Wright, on Jan 26 2014 - 17:59, said:

Sorry to only have seen your post now.  Sadly the game is not multi-threaded so SLI will cause crashes if enabled because the data would be fetched out of sequence. The solution is to disable SLI when playing this game or try to enable SINGLE thread profile for this game.

Got it! Thanks Wright!

X32Wright #128 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 19:56

Captain

• VT Coordinator
  • 21068 battles
  • [SCDRL] SCDRL
Just wait for the new multi-threaded HD client.  This should solve this issue.

Tiger_Eraser #129 Posted Jan 27 2014 - 08:05

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

{lang:macro__view_post}X32Wright, on Jan 26 2014 - 19:56, said:

Just wait for the new multi-threaded HD client.  This should solve this issue.

Really? That would be awesome! When could this client be released?

X32Wright #130 Posted Jan 27 2014 - 13:13

Captain

• VT Coordinator
  • 21068 battles
  • [SCDRL] SCDRL
http://worldoftanks..../Video-asap-16/

Deathblow3000 #131 Posted Mar 06 2014 - 07:02

Private

• Players
  • 9559 battles
  • [R_N_S] R_N_S

{lang:macro__view_post}X32Wright, on Dec 03 2011 - 01:48, said:

Have you had frequent and unpredictable WOT client crashes? If you have a sound card and nVidia card (maybe ATI too) then follow the instructions below to see if it solves your problem:
Go to Control Panel and then Device Manager and locate the Display Adapter and look if you have an entry for 'High Definition Audio Controller'
Spoiler

Select your video card and Right Click for PROPERTIES. Look for the 'Location' entry and note the BUS and FUNCTION entries:
Spoiler

Spoiler

IF the BUS used is identical (between the video card and the HD Audio Controller) BUT the FUNCTION is different (PCI BUS 4, Function 0 and PCI BUS 4 Function 1):
Spoiler

Spoiler

Your WOT client would be much more stable. It might still crash but not as often. The problem stems from sharing the same bus (IRQ in fact) hence they interrupt each other. The reason is most video cards today do have their own audio device built-in for HDMI output.
UPDATE: For newer video cards specially nVidia the location of the HD Audio Controller has changed.
It is no longer under the 'Sound,Video and Game Controllers section' (although sometimes it is still listed there, you cannot disable it there anymore).
Spoiler

Spoiler

UPDATE II: I would also check the python log. If your python log contains a lot of missing file error, inability to read .pyc files and countless CTD (Crash to Desktop) during the game as well and have PATCH Launcher errors like "Critical Errors' , then you might have a Hard Drive problem. You might not notice this with other programs but with WOT you will. Sadly the solution for this is a brand new hard drive. This I know from experience as well.
Edit: This has also been tested by people with ATI video card and the same fix works. You just might have a different designation for your 'HD audio controller'.
Spoiler

Data Execution Prevention does not work with WOT...  I get "This program must have DEP turned on"...  Still disconnecting for me.  Thx for your hard work tho' bro'

X32Wright #132 Posted Mar 08 2014 - 05:00

Captain

• VT Coordinator
  • 21068 battles
  • [SCDRL] SCDRL
Strange that DEP must be turned on now since that tip about DEP being turned off is directly from Wargaming itself from an support page that no longer exists.

Edited by X32Wright, Mar 08 2014 - 05:00.

CaptianMorgan #133 Posted Mar 23 2014 - 01:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 13459 battles
  • [HSF] HSF

I couldn't find any conflicts yet. I do know that the freezing started after the 8.11 update. I'm not a computer wiz just love the game. Could you check my game logs and see if you see anything there? I have had a technician out to check my router and bandwidth and that's all good. You might want to offer a tech support service for a nominal fee. For people like myself who love the game but only are moderately knowledgeable when it come to getting under the hood in a computer. Could be a nice source of revenue for the game.( if you implement this just send me a tricked out TYPE 59 LOL ) I always play the NA east server and the issue has been getting a bit worse lately. I want to compliment you on the great job you did on the explanation and illustrated steps you provided. great Job. they should give you a raise.

All The Best,

Patrick 

CPTMORGAN

X32Wright #134 Posted Mar 23 2014 - 04:25

Captain

• VT Coordinator
  • 21068 battles
  • [SCDRL] SCDRL

Thanks for the compliment but I do not work for wargaming although I did run the SuperTesting (ST) as the ST Coordinator for WOT for awhile (pre-WGNA's existence) hence my title (VT Coordinator).  

I can look at your python.log and your DXDiag file. You can upload it here or post it here. No need to pay me.  My original post was out of frustration myself and i did blame the game and then I found out it was my video card hardware setting and video card driver issue as well as an HD corruption issue.

Edited by X32Wright, Mar 23 2014 - 04:26.

cddlbunny0 #135 Posted Apr 02 2014 - 22:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 7375 battles

Have to keep this in mind when getting the new upgrade on the desktop.

Edited by cddlbunny0, Apr 02 2014 - 22:13.

paslak #136 Posted Apr 06 2014 - 16:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 1361 battles

{lang:macro__view_post}X32Wright, on Dec 03 2011 - 02:48, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Good morning and thank you for this guide. I tried to follow it but :

- first of all im using a MAC book pro so im running WOT with windows 7 emulated by parallel. I do not have the High Definition Audio Controller

- also I dont have the NVIDIA but it says PARALLEL DISPLAY ADAPTER instead...

- I also tried to disable the DEP but it would not let me do that because it says that WOT DEP cant be disabled.

my problem is that I have been able to play perfectly for the past week, nothing has changed and the game started freezing after the battle countdown and then I would get disconnected from the server. I tried to reinstall the game but nothing. Sometimes I can start the game (BTW I also put the video quality at the lowest), but then after 5-10 seconds it would freeze and after 30 seconds I would get disconnected from the server... they still give me the EXP though if the battle was won...

What can I do?

X32Wright #137 Posted Apr 07 2014 - 05:12

Captain

• VT Coordinator
  • 21068 battles
  • [SCDRL] SCDRL

I know nothing about Mac's sorry but emulation is never perfect have you tried this? or even do a dual boot?

http://worldoftanks...._programs/1312/

Did you check if your Mac Book pro is overheating? Boot camp might be your solution?

Edited by X32Wright, Apr 07 2014 - 05:15.

lazyfarmer #138 Posted Jun 04 2014 - 00:19

Private

• Players
  • 6675 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
thx for the information I am bookmarking this in my browser.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users