T25 Skoda

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

Drifter808 #1 Posted Dec 04 2011 - 04:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7553 battles
The T25 Skoda is one of my personal favorite tanks because it has few downfalls. It has a good rof, speed, and armor. The gun is good for it's tier but won't stand a chance against higher tiered opponents. Their is only one bad thing about it which is that it doesn't have a very good turret traverse speed. (25 degrees per sec.) But other then the turret traverse speed the T25 Skoda is a very good tank.

SeanPwnery #2 Posted Dec 04 2011 - 06:36

Major

• Veteran Testers
  • 25604 battles
The Skoda T-25 is the textbook definition of "understeer" and the turret isn't far behind.

When the new physics are applied, be prepared to see a lot of these drowned in the lakes and rivers, and over the edges of cliffs as burning wrecks.... mine included.  :lol:

Herr_Klug #3 Posted Dec 05 2011 - 15:16

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 31065 battles
I can deal with all that, however, the aim time on that gun drives me insane even with 100% crew, vents and gld.

redhairdave #4 Posted Dec 05 2011 - 22:30

Major

• Players
  • 15135 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
i find that running the 5k high octain makes this tank even more fun and helps alot with turret traverse, or at least the tanks rotates faster and that make the turret seem faster.

anna_tankgirl #5 Posted Dec 06 2011 - 03:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7976 battles
I got mine, the first game getting it new made some mistakes. What is killing me is I'm not to bad I can get one to three kills a match (or at least dish in a fair amount of pain) but keep losing as my team falls apart its a case of I can't do it all alone.

But the tank is not horrible its got speed, decent armor and the gun packs some firepower but the aim time is an issue but overall its a decent premium in most ways.

HatsuneMiku #6 Posted Dec 21 2011 - 04:14

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2753 battles
50% off during Xmas special. I'm undecided on whether to get this or Ram-II.

Demonicus #7 Posted Dec 21 2011 - 04:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13233 battles
Yeah, back when I was grinding lower tier tanks I would come across the occasional Ram-II and many times it was really tough to hurt those little guys.  I vaguelly recall a battle where I was driving a StuGIII and wasn't able to pen its armor from a distance.  It bounced shot after shot and ended up taking me out.

The T-25 Skoda looks interesting to me, but other than it's stats I have little information about it.  Anyone have any stories about it (good or bad).  What tanks does it get matched with?

redhairdave #8 Posted Dec 21 2011 - 20:07

Major

• Players
  • 15135 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
second most played tank in my garage, very fun and fast and useful. very fast. i use high octain on it all the time. and coated optics. great fun.

Demonicus #9 Posted Dec 21 2011 - 21:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13233 battles
Anyone else own one of these?  What tanks does it get matched up against?

redhairdave #10 Posted Dec 21 2011 - 21:13

Major

• Players
  • 15135 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
sadly lots of the time you are the bottom and fighting tier 8 or 9, sometimes 25% of the time you are on top and can not be stopped.then 25% of the time all tier 3-6. i fear TD's and KV's not alot else.

HatsuneMiku #11 Posted Dec 21 2011 - 21:54

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2753 battles
I'm leaning toward Ram-II at the moment. It seems like they're two very comparable tanks. Both have decent, sloped armor for their tier. T-25 being a bit faster(in straight line) and both have about the same penetration. Ram-II shoots faster but does less damage. The real deal breaker for me is T-25 slow turret traverse. However I prefer T-25's look more than Ram-II.

Znath #12 Posted Dec 22 2011 - 06:15

Major

• Players
  • 18023 battles
It has terrible vision, armor thin as a Sherman, and it can't turn.

But... it has a gun that can pierce very thick armor.
It also has a 830m range radio.
So it's a tank made for sniping and relying on allies.. which can suck a lot when your allies aren't so hot.

kaiserstole20 #13 Posted Dec 22 2011 - 16:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15757 battles
  • [YAWN] YAWN
I've had it for a day and so far it's been an enjoyable tank.  It's very hard for a similar tier tank to beat me in a game of peek-a-boom in a city.  It has gobs of HP for the tier and a good enough gun.  The fact that it seems to do so well popping in and out certainly helps as does the turret that is mounted very far forward.

Not to be overlooked is the crazy back-up speed the thing achieves.  A fighting retreat in an alley is easy and it gets you out of trouble quickly.

So far the credit generation has been great despite my abysmal w-l ratio.

Overall it's not the best tank in the tier but it is very possible to be successful.

ak2047 #14 Posted Dec 23 2011 - 23:26

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 23900 battles
I bought T-25 during the special. First, it has the best gun among all tier 5 premium tanks (higher pen and damage). Second it has top range 810m radio. It can help to communicate the team what is going on on the mini-map. Third it has good weight to horsepower ratio. It help to get in good position and cover before others. However, it is weak in armor, transverse speed and view range. It must not be a scout tank because it does not has top 72km speed. It must not be a dogfight tank because of low transverse speed. It is best as a sniper tank but need to add telescope and optics to boost the view range (static) up to 495m. So that it can utilize its high pen gun and top range radio. Add a camo net and stay behind bush to add further protection because of its weak armor. Get in good snipe position as quick as possible at the beginning using its good speed and acceleration and start hunting. What do you think?

kaiserstole20 #15 Posted Dec 24 2011 - 00:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15757 battles
  • [YAWN] YAWN

View Postak2047, on Dec 23 2011 - 23:26, said:

I bought T-25 during the special. First, it has the best gun among all tier 5 premium tanks (higher pen and damage). Second it has top range 810m radio. It can help to communicate the team what is going on on the mini-map. Third it has good weight to horsepower ratio. It help to get in good position and cover before others. However, it is weak in armor, transverse speed and view range. It must not be a scout tank because it does not has top 72km speed. It must not be a dogfight tank because of low transverse speed. It is best as a sniper tank but need to add telescope and optics to boost the view range (static) up to 495m. So that it can utilize its high pen gun and top range radio. Add a camo net and stay behind bush to add further protection because of its weak armor. Get in good snipe position as quick as possible at the beginning using its good speed and acceleration and start hunting. What do you think?

Very nice points.  I've found the 'mid-range' game to be very good on the tank.  The camo must not be awful because I have used it to snipe a few times from a more forward position.

However, the armor while thin does bounce a surprising amount of shots (slope? luck?).  I have a rammer and vents on it and plan to get a GLD soon.  I'll play peek-a-boom all day with it.  I think the mid-range is where it works for me.

ledhed14 #16 Posted Dec 25 2011 - 05:14

Major

• Players
  • 12078 battles
  • [ZBUN] ZBUN
Like the tank so far though been getting teams that fall apart or have clan battles instead of fighting other team ..its insane ..lol ..

kaiserstole20 #17 Posted Dec 25 2011 - 14:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15757 battles
  • [YAWN] YAWN

View Postledhed14, on Dec 25 2011 - 05:14, said:

Like the tank so far though been getting teams that fall apart or have clan battles instead of fighting other team ..its insane ..lol ..

I had the same problem.  My wins were around 30% for the first day.  It's gone up to about 55% currently but my sample size is too small to make any real determination of how I'll fare in the tank.   I've only had ~50 battles in it thus far.

warrends #18 Posted Jan 03 2012 - 18:05

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 15526 battles
  • [SNRK] SNRK
I love this tank --- ones of my favorites to drive. The ONLY thing I don't like is its very low traverse and turret traverse speed. So I adjust, and do what others have already said: Get to where I want to go quickly (60 kph top speed) and make sure that it is NOT up in front, and then snipe until mid-battle. Then move up and help the rest of the team from closer in. I sort of treat it like I treat my TDs. TDs (mostly) don't have turrets, and this tank and it's turret are so slow rotating that I have to make sure that my targets are always in front of me. I think that playing it with that mindset is what makes it work, at least for me.

In a battle the other day in Redshire some putz in my team, before it even started, said that the T-25 is a POS. I said "Really? Let's watch ..." End of battle, I had 5 kills and I don't know how many damaged and even spotted. My only undoing was that I got to their arty too quickly for my own good and overran it, so it turned and fired and killed me before I could turn back to kill him (SLOW turning ...). So that was completely my bad. It's all in HOW you drive this (or any) tank --- know its strong points AND its weaknesses. I checked the putz's stats post-battae and he only had maybe 300 battles total to his name, and only 8 in the T-25. So that put an end to that curiosity ...

As far as battle line-ups, I am usually toward the middle. I know I can easily 1 or 2 shot anyone below me (which is really nice when I am near the top), and I can usually put a really good hurting on anyone above me.

My crew is over 100%, and now wondering if I should research camo or repairs. I will shortly be starting another thread on that.

But, yeah, I like this little guy. Much moreso than I ever thought I would. Oh, and in good battles I'll grab maybe 35K-40K credits, after repairs and reload (not bad for a tier 5, even if it is premium). Bad battles - maybe 10K-15K, which still isn't too bad.

jamie7575 #19 Posted Jan 03 2012 - 18:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23283 battles
  • [L13TH] L13TH
I was going to give the Skoda a bad review, but decided to go play it before doing so. I have recommended in the past against buying it when asked. But I just had a game on the Steppes map where it shined. At the begining of the match I followed a T50 up the sunken forest side of map and met no resistance. Made it all the way behind their base and was finally noticed by a streaking Leo. He was dispatched quickly by 2 shots, first tracked him 2nd killed him. The only enemy arty was next, a grille, 2 quick shots and he was gone. The slow aim, even with vents and GLD, only mattered with 1st shots. When stationary the 2nd shot is aimed by the time the shell is loaded.

The only defenders left were 2 Marders who I rushed and took out one at a time. I was about halfway down the list MM wise, but we were at a disadvantage b/c they had the better firepower with 2 KV's. By this time there was no hope of them getting back to base to stop 3 of us from capping for the win.Made 29K silver and 1896xp(doubled 1st win of day, while expending 500 for ammo and 998 for repairs for 1 shot a marder got on me. So maybe I just need more time in the Skoda. Ive had it for a while but it can be frustrating, like any tank, if on bottom of list with no chance to pen much.

warrends #20 Posted Jan 03 2012 - 20:43

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 15526 battles
  • [SNRK] SNRK

View Postjamie7575, on Jan 03 2012 - 18:44, said:

I was going to give the Skoda a bad review, but decided to go play it before doing so. I have recommended in the past against buying it when asked.
Why would you review any tank, positive or negative, without having driven it? Would you review a movie (yes, a useless career, but they are out there ...) without even seeing it?

I personally love this tank (see my above and other posts about it) and plan tokeep it for quite a while. It is just fun.