T20

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

G33k #1 Posted Dec 04 2011 - 22:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Ive had the T20 for quite a while and when I got it elite I couldn't find the right play style for it exept for one thats really suicidal.

Ideas I had and tried:

A:Sniping. Most shots bounced

B:Close range fighting.The slow reloading 90mm doesn't really work for me except on heavys.

C(the only one that works so far)scouting :P :Using that speed of 56kph kinda works as a scout.

So how do you play with ur T20.(Thats what she said!)

ImDrone #2 Posted Dec 04 2011 - 22:22

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Play on the back lines, then when an opportunity opens up, run like hell, get in behind enemies, hit them in the back, harras them, and laugh. I loved my T20, I am long past it at this point, but I had an 808 avg exp, 67% win rate, and a max destroyed of 9 in that little beast. I guess it just fit my play style.

G33k #3 Posted Dec 04 2011 - 22:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

Play on the back lines, then when an opportunity opens up, run like hell, get in behind enemies, hit them in the back, harras them, and laugh. I loved my T20, I am long past it at this point, but I had an 808 avg exp, 67% win rate, and a max destroyed of 9 in that little beast. I guess it just fit my play style.

Thanks! Ill try that.

+1

UNLIMIT3D #4 Posted Dec 04 2011 - 22:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I don't have one,but it's about battle tier.If you're in 7/8 battle then play like normal tank and if you get tin tier 9/10 only choice is scouting.

TheGhostCat #5 Posted Dec 04 2011 - 22:42

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Actually I play very aggressive with mine.

So far it is one of my favorite mediums in the game.

Its size and mobility are amount its greatest strengths - plus the nice American gun deflection, makes for a great peek-a-boo tank.
This means terrain is your friend! Learn to use it.

Its also a useful tank to support the heavier tank push. You can stay behind them, pop out take shots, then move behind the enemy tanks for the killing blow.

In higher tier battles is basically a wasp. Stick, move, stick move...then go hunt down arty!

I run mine with vents, rammers and stablizers.

DBrimstone #6 Posted Dec 05 2011 - 16:10

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I like to think of my t-20 as a dragoon from back in the day. Dragoon's provided the firepower of an infantry battalion but they got where they were going with the speed of cavalry. Also called "mounted infantry." You're not normally gonna go brawl with people right off. I get to spots ahead of people that I know on each map where I can spot and shoot from but have cover on my sides. The thing's so short you can turn a huge heated battle into 1 on 1 because if you use cover right, nobody but who you're shooting at should be able to hit you. It's, in my opinion, the best tier 7 medium which means you'll be able to own panther's and t-43's in this way and you shouldn't have problems penetrating the sides of most heavies (except is4's. I think 1 in 3 shots actually does damage to them. hate em). But You've gotta pay attention to how you're teams doing. You're speed is your biggest advantage. You can run away and be at another conflict point in a minute or so. If you plan it right you'll ride up behind or on the flanks of the enemy force and be able to take pot shots and it'll take a couple before anyone realizes what's wrong.

So I was on arctic region at the south start point. I went straight north to the choke point to hopefully spot people coming down that one hill and get a couple pot shots off. Nobody followed me. I managed to solo a vk3002db before his buddies (2 kv's, a tiger, and a vk3601) got there. Then they got there and i ran like a little girl. Ran all the way around the mountain, killed a straggling kv along the way and pulled up on that back hill that looks down the road all the way to my base. All we had stopping them was a panzer 4 and an su 100. They made good bait and didn't try to be heroes which was perfect. SO what I saw was 4 wide open targets with no cover. I killed the Tiger first, as it could man handle both my guys. Then the VK. Then a KV. They then got the other kv. THEN I ran to their base, roasted both their arties, and with about 20% health of my own took a t43 down to 35% before he finally hit me. The panzer 4 and su100 took care of him... I picked my spots, played smart, and luckily had some smart players on my team. The tanks amazing. You just have to play with your head at all times. It's not like a td where you're only strategy is sit back and snipe or a heavy where they'd love nothing more than to just play peak a boo with you.