Free Experience Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

PipeMajor #1 Posted Dec 05 2011 - 18:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26564 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB
Is there any way to get Free Experience other than in combat?  Can Credits or Gold be converted to Free Experience?  Can Free Experience be purchased? My next tier costs over 14,000 Free Experience points and at the rate I am accumulation Free Experience it will take me months of play to get there, even with a premium account.

turtle722 #2 Posted Dec 05 2011 - 18:55

Captain

• Players
  • 23483 battles
  • [SG] SG
Not sure I understand exactly what you are talking about.

No research in the game costs free experience only.  Free experience can be used on any tank line, but no tank line requires free XP.  If you are trying to upgrade from a tier 3 to a tier 4 you can grind the tank via your tier 3, you don't need free XP.  

Any tank that is "elite" can have the experience it generates converted to free XP via gold.  Tanks become elite once you have researched everything possible for them.

JRod101st #3 Posted Dec 05 2011 - 18:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8918 battles
For regular battles you earn 5% of what you earned in xp as free experience to be used on any vehicle of your choosing.

Experience earned on elite vehicles can be converted to free experience at the cost of 25xp per 1 gold.

If you are asking if you can buy experience the answer is no. It all has to be earned one way or another.

sampak #4 Posted Dec 05 2011 - 19:05

Captain

• Players
  • 13062 battles
I think the OP is complaining that he is simply not gaining a lot of EXP, and judging by the 14,000 exp he needs to the next tank, I'd say he's in a Tier 3 going for Tier 4 (SPG?).

To answer your question, the only way to make EXP points in this game is to earn them through gameplay, that's about the only thing you cannot 'buy' your way out of in that sense.

With that said, the above poster is correct. "Elite" out your low level tanks that you have fun playing/do well on. This means research everything/all tanks/modules (you don't have to buy those parts) to turn them to "Elite." Then use that tank to play games over and over, switching between your main tank you're grinding and the other Elited tanks.

Now, for the good part. If you haven't already figured out, if you press the "Convert Experience" button, you can choose all your Elite tanks from that list that pops up, and convert their experience to "Free Exp" which then you can use to count toward the tank you're trying to unlock. To convert experience though, you do need to buy gold with $$$.

So let's say you're on the American M37 SPG, and you need 14,000 to finally research and unlock the M7 Priest. You only have say 10,000 Experience on the M37. You need 4,000 more to get the M7 Priest. Well if you have enough Free Experience (4,000 or more). The game will count and pool all that experience together and it will allow you to unlock the M7 Priest.

inphinity #5 Posted Dec 05 2011 - 22:16

Captain

• Players
  • 5293 battles
You can convert XP on an Elite tank to Free XP with Gold (1g per 25xp), but you can't outright buy XP without earning it. Free XP, as above, is gained at only 5% of your XP gain rate, so if you're trying to unlock tanks using only Free XP to avoid playing up their research tree it can be slow going.

HCallahan #6 Posted Dec 06 2011 - 00:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4138 battles

View Postinphinity, on Dec 05 2011 - 22:16, said:

You can convert XP on an Elite tank to Free XP with Gold (1g per 25xp), but you can't outright buy XP without earning it. Free XP, as above, is gained at only 5% of your XP gain rate, so if you're trying to unlock tanks using only Free XP to avoid playing up their research tree it can be slow going.
<ThreadHiJack> I have been meaning to ask this and I keep forgetting, so I thought I would put it here while I was thinking about it.

When you get 5% free XP, does that mean that 5% of your experience go to free experience or do you get 5% experience above and beyond your experience that goes to free?  In other words, lets say you get 100 XP at the end of a match.  Does 5 XP go to free experience and 95 XP to tank XP?  Or do you get 100 XP to tank XP and 5 XP to free XP? </ThreadHijack>

kirby20x6 #7 Posted Dec 06 2011 - 00:40

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2916 battles

View PostHCallahan, on Dec 06 2011 - 00:03, said:

Or do you get 100 XP to tank XP and 5 XP to free XP?
This is the right of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users