Flavor of the Month statement: "Fail team"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

kurgen22 #21 Posted Dec 07 2011 - 21:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 60738 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO
I love scouting,, in my kv 5,,, up hill... both ways....at night.... under water... in a snow storm,,, with no legs,,,, and no teeth,,,the only thing we have for rations is belly button lint,,,, we were lint sucking slugs,,, and we were grateful for it.

Seriuosly the best way to address this is adding WE to the fail part,,, as in "We are a fail team" or "we are failing" losing is like eating a terd sandwich,,, whine all you want but make sure you take a bite along with everyone else,,,'

HCallahan #22 Posted Dec 07 2011 - 21:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4138 battles

View PostPnzrholman, on Dec 07 2011 - 06:31, said:

i bet EVERYONE here have whine at least once.
...and you'd loose that bet.  I have never whined about another player in chat.  I may have been THINKING some unkind things, but I don't enter them into chat for the world to know how stupid I am (It's called restraint, BTW).  I think the worst I did was when a KV5 slammed into my backside at full steam (I was standing still and had been for about 2 minutes).  I asked him if we had been introduced.

SumiXam #23 Posted Dec 07 2011 - 22:08

Major

• Players
  • 7675 battles

View Postket101, on Dec 07 2011 - 10:43, said:

Not sure that it doesn't help someone.  I know I've felt better just saying it in the privacy of my own home :)  But seriously, watching every man and his dog go off in one direction, leaving one or two or even three approaches completely uncovered except for the one person who realised that they had to be covered, well, sometimes the temptation is definitely there to make some sort of comment about it.  Maybe we should just be more creative about it?  Maybe not "Fail Team", but "team of individuals who lack strategic and tactical thinking"?  Well, it is a bit of a mouthful, I suppose :)

^This is my biggest pet peeve. The entire team swarms one flank (lemming rush, lemming rush, lemming rush) only to be steamrolled by the other team. Someone mentioned in an earlier post that this improves in the higher tiers. Don't believe that for a second. Since getting my Tiger, I've been match in many more battles with top tier tanks and the tactical idiocy doesn't magically disappear. In fact, I would argue that it is more detrimental in the higher tier battles because fewer of the tanks have the speed necessary to adapt after they have committed to a certain approach. At least in the mid-tier battles the tanks (if they have the competence) can adapt and adjust across the map.

Getting a top tier tank doesn't cure stupid. Calling the team fail doesn't help anything and is just trolling. Those who like to do this should remember next time they want to go trolling and call out their fail team that they were at a minimum 1/15 of the fail.

Kazmat #24 Posted Dec 08 2011 - 02:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 1639 battles

View PostKing_Caesar, on Dec 05 2011 - 23:50, said:

Look folks, its simple you are taking 15 random people who have never met before being placed on a team and expected to function to a certain level.  Stating that your team that looses is a "fail team" is getting a bit old.  Very old.  I can't even begin to fathom where these expectations of perfection comes from when dealing with a totally random situation.  People can only do with what they are given and we don't need some individual of minimal intelligence telling us that we aren't up to their sparkling idea of winning perfection.  Better yet I ask you to shut your mouth, think about what you are going to say, spin it around and say something positive if you just cant shut up.  We all want to win, we all want to succeed, we just don't need you ruining our time saying these things when on a loosing team.

If you want perfection and teamwork join an active clan and bless them with your win\loss commentary.  

Troll me, flame me if you want, I don't honestly care.  I am just very, very tired of seeing this and felt a need to say something.

Insults are useless, I agree on that point but criticism is a good thing, it helps you realize the mistakes you make so you can better yourself.

I understand that it's random, but no one ever uses voice chat, even though teamwork is what makes online gaming fun by helping you accomplish things you could not on your own.

I think they should change the way kills are recorded though, it should count the percentage of damage caused to enemies instead of kill shots.
Right now people want to get the kill shot because that's what they see on screen even though it's often meaningless.
It might help foster teamwork, but I think many are too selfish to play together no matter what.

blurr91 #25 Posted Dec 08 2011 - 02:56

Major

• Players
  • 17293 battles
When is there a "fail team?"

Most of you guys assume that the whiner (I've whined plenty) is the one spotted and shot by arty or charged mindlessly into the enemy base to get killed by 9 surrounding tanks.  What if the guy did everything correctly, but his teammates wander out one by one to get shot?

Sometimes there really is a "fail team."

fennec_AITF #26 Posted Dec 08 2011 - 03:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28677 battles
  • [CRAKD] CRAKD

View Posthazywater, on Dec 07 2011 - 11:19, said:

The people who claim 'failteam!' usually have a win rate of about 48%. They prefer to blame their teams instead of themselves for their own inadequacies.
Ok seriously? I have a win rate of 47% and a loss rate of 49%.(I have only done 3k battles, and a lot of them are draws)I get a lot "O man you guys suck" while they're running for the enemy cap, when he could easily have gotten back and stopped ours.

And also, I actually have 2 tier 8 tanks, so I can't have that many "inadequacies" if i got there in only 3k battles.

fennec_AITF #27 Posted Dec 08 2011 - 03:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28677 battles
  • [CRAKD] CRAKD

View PostJayR, on Dec 07 2011 - 20:59, said:

Whenever I lose it is always my teams fault.
Never mind that I barreled into the enemy and got killed in the first 45 seconds.I was scouting even though we had no arty and I was in a kv-3.

/sarcasm
Haha very funny. Did you at least have the best engine and treads? ;)

SmokedOne #28 Posted Dec 08 2011 - 05:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18774 battles
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_

View PostAltwar, on Dec 07 2011 - 06:46, said:

That a team is a failure or not doesn't matter;  calling them out as fail team doesn't help at all.

True.  Nowadays it's not even worth my time.  Once I see a lemming trail I will just quit the battle rather than waste my time or try to ping the map.  Not worth the aggravation and now my games are much more stress free.

Mewn #29 Posted Dec 08 2011 - 06:38

Captain

• Players
  • 15970 battles

View PostSmokedOne, on Dec 08 2011 - 05:15, said:

I will just quit the battle

So you're a ragequitter? That's just as bad as insulting others. Both hurt the team, lowering morale if nothing else.

SmokedOne #30 Posted Dec 08 2011 - 06:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18774 battles
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_
Eh there's no rage behind the quitting.  So I would probably rename that as strategicwithdrawal vice rage quitting.  Or I can just pad my stats by going with that lemming group, using friendlies as cover, then running in front of everyone when the enemy can be one shotted so I can get the kill like so many other "good" or high kill people do often but nah I would prefer to contribute to the success of a good team.  I prefer to make exp, not spend time asking the team to split up or die by getting overrun by 5 tanks etc.  I want to enjoy my time in the world of tanks, not get roflstomped in a bad match oO.  Like if my team lets a scout or medium run right by them and I'm sitting in an arty, I'll take my shot at the medium/scout then just leave the match, even if I did survive, the team didn't do their job and thus don't deserve my help.  Trust me I've never seen my team wind up winning after I leave the match even if it's within the first 10 seconds of it.

Mewn #31 Posted Dec 08 2011 - 07:04

Captain

• Players
  • 15970 battles
I'd argue that if you'd stayed you could have coached them into a better strategy, or single-handedly defended the base while they rushed and capped, but you clearly are a quitter, and probably would have been dead-weight anyways. Still doesn't excuse you rage-quitting,.

W0lfy #32 Posted Dec 08 2011 - 09:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8353 battles

View Postblurr91, on Dec 08 2011 - 02:56, said:

When is there a "fail team?"

Most of you guys assume that the whiner (I've whined plenty) is the one spotted and shot by arty or charged mindlessly into the enemy base to get killed by 9 surrounding tanks.  What if the guy did everything correctly, but his teammates wander out one by one to get shot?

Sometimes there really is a "fail team."
So very true, the true "fail team" is when one player (or a small number of them) has done everything right, done most of the work, most of the damage, most of the kills, but the rest of the team has collapsed, then he (or they) does not need to be dead (or the first person dead) to legitimately cry "fail team".

jamie7575 #33 Posted Dec 08 2011 - 10:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 72680 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR
Its hard to group 15 players, who have never played together, and expect great tactical execution. The good thing is usually the other side is in the same boat. I used to try to offer a strategy b4 the match starts but most of the time everybody rushes off anyway. I dont bother anymore in pugs. My favorite is when someone in a medium, with no view range at all, rushes down the middle. Within 3 seconds of his quick demise he spouts "thanks for the support noobs". Nobody told you to rush the middle before the scouts, who were waiting for arty to set up, even had a chance to scout. Note to you: Its your fault. Please learn from it.

Amarak #34 Posted Dec 08 2011 - 11:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5823 battles
Most of the time I just keep my mouth shut and move on. I figure if I'm getting so bloody frustrated that I feel the need to start running my yap, it's time to quit for the day and go do something else.  :Smile_honoring:

SmokedOne #35 Posted Dec 10 2011 - 16:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18774 battles
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_

View PostHCallahan, on Dec 07 2011 - 21:51, said:

...and you'd loose that bet.  I have never whined about another player in chat.  I may have been THINKING some unkind things, but I don't enter them into chat for the world to know how stupid I am (It's called restraint, BTW).  I think the worst I did was when a KV5 slammed into my backside at full steam (I was standing still and had been for about 2 minutes).  I asked him if we had been introduced.

Obviously you're very patient.  Kudos to you.

SmokedOne #36 Posted Dec 10 2011 - 16:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18774 battles
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_

View PostMewn, on Dec 08 2011 - 07:04, said:

I'd argue that if you'd stayed you could have coached them into a better strategy, or single-handedly defended the base while they rushed and capped, but you clearly are a quitter, and probably would have been dead-weight anyways. Still doesn't excuse you rage-quitting,.

Really, you should check our stat difference and figure out who makes bigger contributions to winning before you post these semi insults.

#1 I'm in the top 1000 of defense points
#2 Trust me I've carried a bad team a bunch of times and sacrificed myself for the good of the team countless others.
#3 I'm on the final tank grind of every line except for arties so really I prefer not to waste my time on bad matches so I'm willing to take the stat hits.
#4 It's better for people to just quit out of the game then insulting others or being bossy.  People are entitled to play the way they want to regardless of what kind of advice you choose to give them.  It may be frustrating at times but that doesn't entitle anyone to go around insulting the entire team.  I'm all for giving out friendly advice and have been even after I die but on a seriously bad team, I'd rather just leave and that's my own personal preference.
#5 It's not unusual for me to win 10 straight or 15 of 20 then go 5 straight losses with a tank averaging 750 exp+ in those losses.  I'd rather quit out of those matches rather than waste more time trying to get a daily double; I have 26 tanks and don't plan on wasting 4+ hours a day grinding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users