IS3 Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Plusader #1 Posted Sep 02 2010 - 00:18

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Hello guys, im a german player so forgive me my mistakes in written english :)

Ive had a lot of tanks now, i got around 1.1 mio ep playin since 2 weeks , maybe you can imagine that i got some experience with them. I never lost my nerves on one, cause you actually know that a Panzer III will not destroy a Tiger Tank ;)
So... my problem is the IS-3. Last game even a A20 shot me from front with one shot, and the gunner was wounded... i mean WTF?
Theres something wrong with it.
How come 5 of maybe 7 hits damage the ammo rack? or something else? Im wondering, cause i never see my enemies im shooting @... and im aiming very well loading twice the time, or even burning down. In 3000 matches, i never hit a tank from front, back or side and it burned out, and it didnt matter where i aimed @ them.

Now i have the improved ammo racks, but they still got hit too fast in my mind. Getting one or maximum two hits in most cases from especially T4 Tanks causing such an important damage in IS-3 is just unbelievable. I beg u to change this in patch, or we wont see many IS-3s drivin around.
(95% of frontal shells dont bounce off, even the armor is constructed ideal for it - strange eh)

Best regards
Plusader

Plusader #2 Posted Sep 02 2010 - 00:32

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
A picture of my last match... got one hit, and retreated... maybe one minute later i died, because panther read my message ;)

FIX IT PLEASE - its NOT normal

here the evidence

http://www.pictureup...25_shot_001.jpg

merig00 #3 Posted Sep 02 2010 - 00:39

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 416 battles
  • [TB-H] TB-H
Do you have T-10 turret on your IS-3?

Arkhannan #4 Posted Sep 02 2010 - 14:18

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostPlusader, on Sep 02 2010 - 00:32, said:

A picture of my last match... got one hit, and retreated... maybe one minute later i died, because panther read my message ;)

FIX IT PLEASE - its NOT normal

here the evidence

http://www.pictureup...25_shot_001.jpg

In the picture you just lost 25% of your life due to ONE shot. That means you got hit by a heavy-duty TD or similar size heavy tank. I think it's very reasonable that you take some modular damage.

FearKill #5 Posted Sep 03 2010 - 21:40

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I got the same problem with IS-3. Every first shoot dmg ammo racket. Even when the shot bounch. Got the T-10 turret.

merig00 #6 Posted Sep 04 2010 - 00:02

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 416 battles
  • [TB-H] TB-H

View PostFearKill, on Sep 03 2010 - 21:40, said:

I got the same problem with IS-3. Every first shoot dmg ammo racket. Even when the shot bounch. Got the T-10 turret.
Behold IS-3 with T-10 turret!

http://www.popmech.r..._1243422006.jpg

That is why you get ammo damage so often. Buy the anti-HE liner, or whatever they call it now.

Hesnojedi #7 Posted Sep 04 2010 - 01:35

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I was gonna post on the very same problem. I've never had an IS3 before this patch but it seems I cant even get a round off without being hit by anything (Pzr III) on my front facing armour, turret facing target, receiving no dammage to health but my ammo rack is destroyed. This happens in 7 out of 8 encounters, first hit and your fecked. This must be a bug as it happens too often and by guns thats should not be able to penetrate 50mm of armour let alone the 210mm front face turret. I'm on a premium account right now and I'm lucky if I have broke even after a round we win.

Soraph #8 Posted Sep 04 2010 - 18:39

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Just had my very first IS-3 issue, from the other side of the map an ausf b shoot in the dark and got me in the front (i was hiding behind an house with just my front out enough to see and shoot a bit), destroyed my fuel tank, got me on fire, destroyed my tracks, and the fire killed me few seconds after destroying everything else was left.

Is that "working as intended"?

Eliminateur #9 Posted Sep 06 2010 - 19:32

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15719 battles
EVERY time i get instakilled is by ammo rack, a S-51 instakilled me TWICE at 2min into a match, no shots fired, total bullshit arty OP shot, BAM!, nuked to hell, i went 10K credits under WITH premium.
TWO TIMES :angry:

and yes, i have the T10 turret, i see the tank is "allah ackbar" it's rounded by explosives....

Soraph #10 Posted Sep 06 2010 - 19:58

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostEliminateur, on Sep 06 2010 - 19:32, said:

EVERY time i get instakilled is by ammo rack, a S-51 instakilled me TWICE at 2min into a match, no shots fired, total bullshit arty OP shot, BAM!, nuked to hell, i went 10K credits under WITH premium.
TWO TIMES :angry:

and yes, i have the T10 turret, i see the tank is "allah ackbar" it's rounded by explosives....

1. The S-51 deal insane damage to everything, but this is how it is supposed to work as its reload time is immense, you should learn how to use the terrain to avoid getting hit, learning the position of enemy artillery by scouts runs and friendly target getting hits, hide & seek movements works pretty nice to make the enemy expose itself if you see they are focusing you, also works to make TDs and noob heavy tank drivers chasing you coming out to your team arty and TS fire, just be sure to expose just the gun barrel and the front armor, a track hit can get you killed within seconds.

2. Probably you carry to many shells, personally I never got ammo explosion and I've player over 200 matches and got spam nuked by arty many times, try with 10 AP and 10 HE, or if you use premium shells, 7 AP / 5 PREM / 8 HE

Eliminateur #11 Posted Sep 06 2010 - 20:12

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15719 battles
i won't use premium again, 4000 credits each and the one time i used them when i needed to kill another IS3 fast, i drive alongside him, point blank broadside shot, ALL GREEN... DIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!, that's it, no more premium shells for me, complete waste of GP/CP.

you can't be expecting to drive cloak and dagger the whole time, there are times you'll be in the open, one of the insta shots was prokhorovska on the railpass mid map on the town side, there where 3 of use lined perfectly parallel, a T2, a tiger and me, BLAM instakilled....
not much to cover there...

i can't remember how much ammo i was carrying, now i carry full load, 25+3, HE are next to uselss, 4% to 7% damage in contrast with the 20%+ to insta-kill i can do with AP(i couldn't kill a tiger 1 with 6 HE shells, with AP i could kill two and still have to spare)

PzGrenKdr #12 Posted Sep 06 2010 - 23:09

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
lol i had in 246 games with a IS-3(befor patch) with 1st turret(2nd was bugged) 1 amo-rack explosion oneshot, i used AFL and rammer.
Yeah IS-3 have a lot of criticals(more than a IS or IS-4) but it´s a great tank and with AFL you can fight every tank ingame, also IS-7.

FearKill #13 Posted Sep 08 2010 - 15:25

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Got it confirmed from World of tanks developer. That their is a bug with T-10 turret on IS-3 and will get fixed in next patch :)

Dear Player,

Thank you for the message. We are familiar with the problem and will attempt to fix it in the next patch.

Best regards,
Tony Moris

World of Tanks Support Service
http://www.worldoftanks.com

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: BEJ-965405
Department: In-game general questions
Priority: Low

TStick #14 Posted Sep 15 2010 - 23:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSilver_Falcon, on Sep 04 2010 - 19:00, said:

I am yet to have ammo explosion in IS-3 (only few  nonexploding ammo hits). No liners or wet ammo or any sort of such modules. I dont play with full ammo (just 22 of 28). After what I read and experienced, i think it decreases the probability of ammo explosion. After all it would make sense - perhaps the most secure ammo storage places are filled first and less ammo make smaller target. ;)

Is there any more data one this, can anyone solidly confirm that the ammount of ammo stored in the rack has influence on the chance of a rack explosion ?

I did have more then a few hits in the rack, but luckely they did not ever blow yet  :Smile_harp:

Soraph #15 Posted Sep 16 2010 - 08:56

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

Tip 69
Detonation of ammo rack is not dependent on a shell type. An empty ammo rack does not explode.

There we go, the game itself give hints about, and personally I only had ammo rack explosions when I was on fire and very close to die anyway (with about 18 shoots still to fire over my 22)

Overlord #16 Posted Sep 16 2010 - 14:53

Commander

• Developer
  • 30 battles
There are no known bugs with either IS-3 in general or D10T gun in particular.

Closing this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users