working your way up the tech tree

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

7_TH_Cav #1 Posted Dec 09 2011 - 22:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 5130 battles
  • [INTEG] INTEG
I have a PzKpfw III which If I am reading it correctly is a tier 4.  I am going to the tech tree to upgrade items...I have 2,1900,000 credits, 12,000 gold and 850 XP.  This is from the list at the right of screen.  My question is why can I not access the next upgrades such as the radio?  I have a VI radio, the next ones up have a higher roman numeral.  Quite a few tabs are grayed out which is the case for my other tanks and TD's.  I have 8 tanks and TD's.  Is it more free XP I need?  I had no trouble getting to this point.  3 vehicles I think are Elite if that is what the gold emblem at lower left means.  I would appreciate any help!!  I tried looing on Wiki but it's down.

Thanks,
Pzlehr

GenPanzer #2 Posted Dec 09 2011 - 22:29

Major

• Players
  • 47863 battles
  • [COLD1] COLD1
The next radio is a tier IX and requires 7200 xp. You only have 850, so you have quite a few more battles to gain enough xp to unlock it.

7_TH_Cav #3 Posted Dec 09 2011 - 22:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 5130 battles
  • [INTEG] INTEG
OK, Thanks!  I kind of thought that but man, what a row to hoe!!

GearaDoga #4 Posted Dec 10 2011 - 04:14

Major

• Players
  • 8517 battles
  • [WIH] WIH

View Postheydrich778, on Dec 09 2011 - 22:31, said:

OK, Thanks!  I kind of thought that but man, what a row to hoe!!

Common mistake, actually.  

The lower tier tanks are so cheap and require so little XP to upgrade that if you're just randomly playing without closely watching the research screen, you pop in after a few decent matches and hey - you can just grab whatever you want!

As an example, having previous experience from playing the Beta, I did quite well immediately after the hardwipe when they formally released the game.  I still remember my first Loltraktor match was a nice victory that netted me 1400XP on the daily double...  That one match was enough to elite the tank with XP to spare!  

Once you get to tier 4 or so, like your PzIII, that's not going to happen.  And my tier 9 E-75??  I'm looking at 50 or more good wins just to get the engine upgrade, another 63 or more good wins to get the 128mm gun, and ANOTHER 150+ good wins to unlock the E-100!!  

Things slow down in a BIG way from here on, so it's time to settle in, get comfortable, and get ready to become very well acquainted with each new tank you buy - you'll be spending lots of time with them!

fsjd #5 Posted Dec 10 2011 - 05:14

Major

• Players
  • 11397 battles
  • [TT] TT
dont think of it as a grind.
if you think of it as a grind, its not the tank for you.
pick a tank or two(or 4) that you like, keep it when you move up.
if the tank is tier 4-6, you can use it to fund the mega-tanks like the maus or E100 that burn money instead of oil.
settle in, get comfortable, and have fun.

My_Three_Stuns #6 Posted Dec 10 2011 - 16:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 24303 battles
I too have gotten stuck at the Pzkw III level. It takes WAY too much experience to get to a Pzkw III/IV!
I'm getting ready to ditch this game - not enough free time to get the required experience for upgrades. The shame is that I have TONS of credits that I can't use. I had hoped I'd be in a Jagdpanther by now.....Great concept, though. Good luck all!

Zakume #7 Posted Dec 10 2011 - 20:21

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 37539 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View Postminimoa, on Dec 10 2011 - 16:34, said:

I too have gotten stuck at the Pzkw III level. It takes WAY too much experience to get to a Pzkw III/IV!
I'm getting ready to ditch this game - not enough free time to get the required experience for upgrades. The shame is that I have TONS of credits that I can't use. I had hoped I'd be in a Jagdpanther by now.....Great concept, though. Good luck all!

Jagdpanther is a Tank Destroyer..soo you wouldn't have gotten to it from the pz3/4 line anyway. It only takes 13,480xp to get the 3/4 which is not that much. If you average about 350xp a game, which is doable without premium, then it would take roughly 40 battles, which isn't a lot if you figure you can play about 8-10 battles an hour, you'd have it in about a week from a vanilla pz3 to the 3/4 being researched in you play an hour a day. As for your excess funds, you can train your crew, buy equipment, etc. Also if you have less free time, you can always use a little cash to buy premium time to net you increased xp/credit rewards per battle.

LouCypher111 #8 Posted Dec 10 2011 - 22:45

Captain

• Players
  • 45682 battles
It's a shame your giving up so quick minimoa, once you hit tier 5 it realy starts to get fun, as for the grind, just be patient, take advantage of the daily double and before you know it you will advance up the tech tree, you can even spend cash and buy some gold, and then go premium for a couple of days, that will get you through a percieved rough patch, another way to break the "grind", start up the TD tree towards the Jagdpanther, when you die in your PzIII jump over to the TD line and fight there and then vice versa if you happen to die there.

baptank #9 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 05:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29092 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

View PostLouCypher111, on Dec 10 2011 - 22:45, said:

It's a shame your giving up so quick minimoa, once you hit tier 5 it realy starts to get fun, as for the grind, just be patient, take advantage of the daily double and before you know it you will advance up the tech tree, you can even spend cash and buy some gold, and then go premium for a couple of days, that will get you through a percieved rough patch, another way to break the "grind", start up the TD tree towards the Jagdpanther, when you die in your PzIII jump over to the TD line and fight there and then vice versa if you happen to die there.
Tier 5 ? Hell tier 3 is a hoot. This game just gets better and better. I may have to stop drinking at night.
OK I just may have to stop drinking  :(

SmokedOne #10 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 06:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18774 battles
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_

View Postminimoa, on Dec 10 2011 - 16:34, said:

Not sure what the rush is to get into a higher tier tank.  You should just enjoy the game and it won't seem like a grind.  Until you get to tier 10 you can still wind up toward the bottom of the list and will have a hard time penetrating higher tanks.  I've seen some tier 9's stuck toward the lower half in some battles.

My_Three_Stuns #11 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 17:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 24303 battles
OK, I may have to hang around. I knew I'd have to jump the evolutionary track to get to the tank destroyer line, but still....See the thing is, I'm a long time WWII German armor buff, and I want to get into one of those lates war masterpieces NOW! (Tiger  II, Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger, etc.).

Zakume #12 Posted Dec 11 2011 - 19:37

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 37539 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View Postminimoa, on Dec 11 2011 - 17:28, said:

OK, I may have to hang around. I knew I'd have to jump the evolutionary track to get to the tank destroyer line, but still....See the thing is, I'm a long time WWII German armor buff, and I want to get into one of those lates war masterpieces NOW! (Tiger  II, Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger, etc.).

Well remember this is a game, not a simulation. For the purpose of the game, if they let anyone who joins immediately jump into one of those tanks....you can see how that would cause problems. You CAN jump into a Lowe, which is a tier 8 German premium, but I'd advise against that until you learn how to play after a couple hundred battles or so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users