Warning Failed to connect to update service. For details, see log file.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

Poll: How many of WoT'er had this happen to them (24 members have cast votes)

Warning Failed to connect to update service. For details, see log file.

1. Yes (23 votes [92.00%])

Percentage of vote: 92.00%

2. No, I was lucky (2 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

Vote Hide poll

barrett217 #1 Posted Dec 21 2011 - 23:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 3182 battles
This is what I get when I start WoT

Connecting to update sevrice

Warning
Failed to connect to update service.
For details, see log file.

21/11/2011 16:31:51    Starting...
21/11/2011 16:31:51    create update folder: path="C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\Updates"
21/11/2011 16:31:51    create temp update folder: path="C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\wargaming.net\WoT\temp"
21/11/2011 16:31:51    save configuration: path="C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\WOTLauncher.cfg"
21/11/2011 16:31:51    start update process...
21/11/2011 16:31:51    connecting to update server...
21/11/2011 16:31:51  ERROR:
21/11/2011 16:31:51    The are no valid patches found. Please download the latest game installation
21/11/2011 16:31:51  ERROR:
21/11/2011 16:31:51  ERROR: http request error: verb="POST" url="     " status_code="400" error=(0)""

In updates Folder wot_70.127893_content_en.patch file shows up. But Torrent file of that patch dosen't show up. I am still able to connect to the game and play it. But not able to connect to update service. I have tryed to reinstall with WoT_0.7.0_us_setup.exe file and with the Full game client v.70 torrent file that I downloaded from your download page. Please is there anything that can be done. :(  Thank you.

I had to copy and paste launcher.config file, so it would Connect to update sevrice.  :Smile_great:   :)

EDIT: ThisiswheretogotoFixThis. http://forum.worldof...66#entry1208466

Thanks to StriplingWarrior and Scybeam for the Fix.    :Smile_honoring::Smile_honoring:

=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=

StriplingWarrior #2 Posted Dec 22 2011 - 00:00

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 7360 battles
  • [GRDL] GRDL
By any chance have another copy of WOT on your computer?
I messed up my install that I had since CBT  :(  and had to install from scratch.  After reistall I got that message with much the same log file.  Uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled.  No change.  Then I remembered that my Public Test version of the game was just a copy/paste of the original game, went looking and found the launcher.config file.  Copied that into the directory for the game giving the error, viola it works.  Let me know if it does not work for you.

I'm going to take a wild stab here and declare that since you are the third person with this same problem I have run into in the last 72 hours, that there is some problem with the 7.0 full install download.

barrett217 #3 Posted Dec 22 2011 - 03:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 3182 battles

View PostStriplingWarrior, on Dec 22 2011 - 00:00, said:

By any chance have another copy of WOT on your computer?
I messed up my install that I had since CBT  :(  and had to install from scratch.  After reistall I got that message with much the same log file.  Uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled.  No change.  Then I remembered that my Public Test version of the game was just a copy/paste of the original game, went looking and found the launcher.config file.  Copied that into the directory for the game giving the error, viola it works.  Let me know if it does not work for you.

I'm going to take a wild stab here and declare that since you are the third person with this same problem I have run into in the last 72 hours, that there is some problem with the 7.0 full install download.

Thank you. That is what it was. I hope they can fix this so it won't happen again.

Once again Thank You very much. I you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  :Smile_honoring:

Scybeam #4 Posted Dec 22 2011 - 04:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 14333 battles
  • [BADGR] BADGR
That would make sense. I just had to reinstall, did a 7.0 full install, getting the same error. Would you mind posting the correct update server URL? The one currently being used (and not connecting) is http://update.worldoftanks.com/

Thanks!

EDIT: This fix worked. http://forum.worldof...66#entry1208466

Fury #5 Posted Dec 22 2011 - 14:34

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 13137 battles
  • [NORFC] NORFC
I have always downloaded the .exe file from the site and updated and updated
This time i did a torrent 7.0 download and installed clean - (removing old version, deleted folders, removed registry references over 21 of them)

First time and every time i load the game i get the same error unable to connect to update server check logs
-logs show the same info as mentioned at earlier entry.

I uninstalled - stripped the application - removed 2 older references to my older installation on another volume.

Downloaded the EXE version and stored torrent copy of exe.

Ran install - same issue.

I see a link to a fix: discussing an option to edit a file to fix the connection issue (See link above - my copy does not work) however i removed those files with a complete purge of WOT/World Of Tanks registry and system folder contents, cached, temp and wargaming.net registry pointers.

Esentially a complete removal of any reference of the game - then installed it again.

If this fix addresses the issue (editing the cfg files) then its a problem from the source files in the 7.0 package - I wonder if the developers will package 7.0 to a minor update and fix those files.

barrett217 #6 Posted Dec 22 2011 - 15:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 3182 battles

View PostFury, on Dec 22 2011 - 14:34, said:

I have always downloaded the .exe file from the site and updated and updated
This time i did a torrent 7.0 download and installed clean - (removing old version, deleted folders, removed registry references over 21 of them)

First time and every time i load the game i get the same error unable to connect to update server check logs
-logs show the same info as mentioned at earlier entry.

I uninstalled - stripped the application - removed 2 older references to my older installation on another volume.

Downloaded the EXE version and stored torrent copy of exe.

Ran install - same issue.

I see a link to a fix: discussing an option to edit a file to fix the connection issue ( http://forum.worldof...66#entry1208466 ) however i removed those files with a complete purge of WOT/World Of Tanks registry and system folder contents, cached, temp and wargaming.net registry pointers.

Esentially a complete removal of any reference of the game - then installed it again.

If this fix addresses the issue (editing the cfg files) then its a problem from the source files in the 7.0 package - I wonder if the developers will package 7.0 to a minor update and fix those files.

I hope they do. It looks like more and more people are getting this. I hope they fix this.

Fury #7 Posted Dec 22 2011 - 16:13

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 13137 battles
  • [NORFC] NORFC
OK, i did exactly what he posted and updated the cfg file - it worked.

OK - removed WOT completly - did a clean install (after registry removals and folder/file removal)
Installed my BIT Torrent version of exe - installed fine no issue
Went into Word_of_tanks folder found the -- WOTLauncher.cfg -- file
Located line: 7 of cfg - <launcher_ver> entry and replaced the previous entry with the following info "67.118076" no quotes leave the > and < on each side (take care doing this)
DO NOT Copy and paste - type it in number for number and decimal exactly as you see it - btw Make a copy of the cfg on desktop before modifing.

Once saved - close the folders, and reload WOT via shortcut and presto - all fixed.

SO --- Big shout out to Scybeam   - very good catch and update.

So - WILL WOT Support repackage that EXE and TORRENT File for NA --- I wonder if our KO and EU/RU counterparts have the same issue.

Please provide a post on site and news update with notice of issue and a link to new patch/update/package ---- THanks again SCYBEAM!!!   :Smile_honoring:

Keep on Tanking!
:Smile_great:

NiteViper #8 Posted Dec 22 2011 - 16:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 5177 battles
yeah im having that problem too with the same error... i just downloaded the game onto this computer i even went as far as adding new rules for my addvanced firewall going inbound and outbound still didnt fix the issue at hand

Fury #9 Posted Dec 25 2011 - 17:07

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 13137 battles
  • [NORFC] NORFC

View PostNiteViper, on Dec 22 2011 - 16:17, said:

yeah im having that problem too with the same error... i just downloaded the game onto this computer i even went as far as adding new rules for my addvanced firewall going inbound and outbound still didnt fix the issue at hand

Did you read Scybeams reply  :Smile-bajan2: - several posts up - he posted a fix and i noted it and stated it worked, try it and post back..  <_<

Scybeam

Posted Dec 21 2011 - 22:25

That would make sense. I just had to reinstall, did a 7.0 full install, getting the same error. Would you mind posting the correct update server URL? The one currently being used (and not connecting) is http://update.worldoftanks.com/

Thanks!

EDIT: This fix worked. http://forum.worldof...66#entry1208466

Let us know if it worked for you!  ;)

kelton703 #10 Posted Mar 31 2012 - 15:03

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
hi, just went through this myself and tried reinstall etc.. still no luck

now this probably wont help most of you, but i checked my firewall and for some reason the firewall was allowing the launcher app but blocking the actual app, i unblocked it an it works fine now.

always check the firewall, previusly was going through fine, not sure why it suddenly got blocked, hope this helps someone

Fury #11 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 04:20

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 13137 battles
  • [NORFC] NORFC

kelton703, on Mar 31 2012 - 15:03, said:

hi, just went through this myself and tried reinstall etc.. still no luck

now this probably wont help most of you, but i checked my firewall and for some reason the firewall was allowing the launcher app but blocking the actual app, i unblocked it an it works fine now.

always check the firewall, previusly was going through fine, not sure why it suddenly got blocked, hope this helps someone

You have to know that this was for 7.0 not 7.2.

I have cleaned previous installs and reinstalled 7.2 and no more issues no modifications needed.

I dont think its the same issue anymore.

destruya #12 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 05:42

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 7948 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Getting this just now after being disconnected mid-battle.

I'm hoping it's just a network outage or ISP problems, since I can access the EU and RU servers just fine, but trying to access the US site is 404ing.