Arty Zoom in and out mods

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

SpecialK666 #1 Posted Dec 23 2011 - 03:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 9165 battles
Hi im an avid arty player and i am wondering if anyone has seen the zoom in and out mod for sniper mode for arty. If so just post the ip below.

poohbah #2 Posted Dec 28 2011 - 23:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 9261 battles
The mousewheel does this. I'm not sure that I understand you.

19ninety #3 Posted Dec 29 2011 - 14:34

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSpecialK666, on Dec 23 2011 - 03:13, said:

Hi im an avid arty player and i am wondering if anyone has seen the zoom in and out mod for sniper mode for arty. If so just post the ip below.

Also looking for the same thing :)

the_moidart #4 Posted Dec 29 2011 - 20:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22269 battles
Given arty can (apparently) view tracers by what part of the map they're looking at, this sounds like a desire to cheat by zooming further out.

NoblePlatoon #5 Posted Dec 29 2011 - 22:33

Captain

• Players
  • 15222 battles
  • [KBEAR] KBEAR

View Postthe_moidart, on Dec 29 2011 - 20:46, said:

Given arty can (apparently) view tracers by what part of the map they're looking at, this sounds like a desire to cheat by zooming further out.
Actually, I would be more interested in being able to enable sniper mode, for being able to defend myself against the enemy that has gotten too close.

Russian_Mustard #6 Posted Jan 01 2012 - 02:29

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 25768 battles
  • [RUSS] RUSS
The Arty zoom mode does exist, I have found 1 and slightly modified it, so the zoom in and out goes for the max range. Meaning if the max distance you can see in the game is 500 m, so the zoom out is 500 m, Vertical and horizontal. Here is the link for the file. Directory is "World of tanks closed-beta-res-gui" don't forget to save the original file.

Dukebarry #7 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 16:40

Major

• Players
  • 23781 battles
  • [SG] SG
I have the zoom out but it doesnt work for arty. In arty mode it alows me to zoom way in.
This would be a nice mod.

_Say_ #8 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 20:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 26 battles
There must be something like that, because all, who have bigger resolution have advantage to counter enemy artys. And thats unfair.

MrFantastica #9 Posted Jan 09 2012 - 04:29

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
ya, there are arty zoom out mods out there; which will work with 7.1 just fine.

well, here is the only one i found so far that seems to work for me at least... [link removed]
so it is possible...  

you can also set your view distance to 'ultra high' instead of just 'high' with this mod, which is kinda cool i guess.  gets rid of the fog and stuff which makes it easier to see the tracers when zoomed out.

#meh

You may not sell World of Tanks modifications (as noted at end of video).  Please read  the EULA.  This zero game account has been perma banned.  ~ Brygin

Spoiler                     

NoblePlatoon #10 Posted Jan 09 2012 - 05:06

Captain

• Players
  • 15222 battles
  • [KBEAR] KBEAR

View PostMrFantastica, on Jan 09 2012 - 04:29, said:

ya, there are arty zoom out mods out there; which will work with 7.1 just fine.

well, here is the only one i found so far that seems to work for me at least... [deleted]

you can also set your view distance to 'ultra high' instead of just 'high' with this mod, which is kinda cool i guess.  gets rid of the fog and stuff which makes it easier to see the tracers when zoomed out.

#meh
I will give you a neg. First post ever made, and 9 minutes after to signed up to WoT?? And that youtube vid has a link that you have to pay $5 to be able to download the mod...and you have to register the mod with your e-mail??? scam, scam, MrSpamtastica.

locastan #11 Posted Jan 09 2012 - 07:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Nice Try Mr. Fantastica.

You took my mod for making sattelite screenshots ingame and created a money scam of it without even asking me. This is unlawful copyright violation and you are hereby forbidden to use my hard work for your horrible scam!

The first part of the video is a normal random match, but the rest is a training room video where he had all the necessary time to get the zoom memory adress set up in cheatengine. This will take at least 1-2Min. of game time to set up so forget about this "cheat" in real games. Also you have to do this every time a battle starts, because WG has the mem adresses dynamically changed to prevent cheating.

TTwister #12 Posted Jan 09 2012 - 09:51

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 16588 battles
  • [L-O-M] L-O-M
nice scam trap ...  to bad it smells miles away ... hackers ruin every game ... they need to be banned from all internet gaming ....

MrFantastica #13 Posted Jan 09 2012 - 12:04

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
yes, i admit, i made the mod. since i am not sure how WOT will respond to my mod though, I've chosen to be anonymous.  understandable.  that said, my offering is legit.

Nice Try Mr. Fantastica.

You took my mod for making sattelite screenshots ingame and created a money scam of it without even asking me. This is unlawful copyright violation and you are hereby forbidden to use my hard work for your horrible scam!

The first part of the video is a normal random match, but the rest is a training room video where he had all the necessary time to get the zoom memory adress set up in cheatengine. This will take at least 1-2Min. of game time to set up so forget about this "cheat" in real games. Also you have to do this every time a battle starts, because WG has the mem adresses dynamically changed to prevent cheating.

I never heard of you before and I never heard of your mod before. What you did is not hard or all that unique. Unlike yours though, my mod does not edit dynamic memory addresses, so it works fine without having to wait at all. ZERO WAITING.  You also do not need to reload the mod every time a map starts.  This mod does NOT USE cheatengine in any way at all, and it is a much better product than what you are offering.  Premium product, premium price.  My time is worth much more than the little I am asking for this skillfully made product; and no one likes cheaters, not even me, so I have no problem asking $5 from them.  

YOU MAY NOT SELL MODIFICATION.  AGAINST THE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ~ Brygin

BTW, if I were violating your 'copyright', that would indicate what I offer does indeed work, rather than it just being a flat out scam.  Of course, it's not a scam at all and I could think of much better ways to scam people if I wanted to.  I am a bit peeved with this situation too; I apologize if I sound annoyed as well.

Ultimately though, my product is not a scam or copy of your project at all, so I hope you will apologize down the line for so rampantly stating so.  If there is a fair way I could prove it is not a scam, please let me know.  If you are willing to try it, I am linking below a complementary DEMO copy of my mod - I added a special trial feature to it JUST for you.  Everyone is welcome to use the demo to test it out and see this is no scam.

[deleted links and e-mail address]

Since I am not a scammer, and my product does work, maybe after you accept that fact you would be willing to partner up instead of making false accusations. Seeing how there does seem to be some appeal for what you are doing apparently, 'sat views', I would be willing to add a proper 'satellite HD view' as a free feature to my mod, while limiting other features. I would list/link you are a partner to the project and it would make your mod MUCH more user friendly - no more cheatengine.  Try the demo I provided to see what I mean.

I'm open to public suggestions on how I could improve the mod; or what other mods to add for extra value.

sincerely,
-me

Account perma banned as noted above.  ~ Brygin

NoblePlatoon #14 Posted Jan 09 2012 - 13:50

Captain

• Players
  • 15222 battles
  • [KBEAR] KBEAR

View PostMrFantastica, on Jan 09 2012 - 12:04, said:

My time is worth much more than the little I am asking for this skillfully made product; and no one likes cheaters, not even me, so I have no problem asking $5 from them.
So you admit to making a program specifically for cheaters? Therefore, admitting that you have made a cheat? Ultimately admitting that YOU are a cheater?

Sirus_Patton #15 Posted Jan 09 2012 - 13:58

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 5185 battles
  • [ACID] ACID

View PostNoblePlatoon, on Jan 09 2012 - 13:50, said:

So you admit to making a program specifically for cheaters? Therefore, admitting that you have made a cheat? Ultimately admitting that YOU are a cheater?
Remember now, we were told that you can't cheat because most things are done server side.  <_<

Chris774 #16 Posted Jan 09 2012 - 16:34

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 7134 battles
  • [R0GUE] R0GUE

View PostMrFantastica, on Jan 09 2012 - 12:04, said:

yes, i admit, i made the mod. since i am not sure how WOT will respond to my mod though, I've chosen to be anonymous.  understandable.  that said, my offering is legit.

I never heard of you before and I never heard of your mod before. What you did is not hard or all that unique. Unlike yours though, my mod does not edit dynamic memory addresses, so it works fine without having to wait at all. ZERO WAITING.  You also do not need to reload the mod every time a map starts.  This mod does NOT USE cheatengine in any way at all, and it is a much better product than what you are offering.  Premium product, premium price.  My time is worth much more than the little I am asking for this skillfully made product; and no one likes cheaters, not even me, so I have no problem asking $5 from them.

BTW, if I were violating your 'copyright', that would indicate what I offer does indeed work, rather than it just being a flat out scam.  Of course, it's not a scam at all and I could think of much better ways to scam people if I wanted to.  I am a bit peeved with this situation too; I apologize if I sound annoyed as well.

Ultimately though, my product is not a scam or copy of your project at all, so I hope you will apologize down the line for so rampantly stating so.  If there is a fair way I could prove it is not a scam, please let me know.  If you are willing to try it, I am linking below a complementary DEMO copy of my mod - I added a special trial feature to it JUST for you.  Everyone is welcome to use the demo to test it out and see this is no scam.

[deleted]

Since I am not a scammer, and my product does work, maybe after you accept that fact you would be willing to partner up instead of making false accusations. Seeing how there does seem to be some appeal for what you are doing apparently, 'sat views', I would be willing to add a proper 'satellite HD view' as a free feature to my mod, while limiting other features. I would list/link you are a partner to the project and it would make your mod MUCH more user friendly - no more cheatengine.  Try the demo I provided to see what I mean.

I'm open to public suggestions on how I could improve the mod; or what other mods to add for extra value.

sincerely,
-me

No one is stupid enough to pay for a mod for a FREE game. Have you noticed that there are great mods out there and they are all FREE.

locastan #17 Posted Jan 09 2012 - 17:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Okay. I apologize. Looking through the plaintext hidden in your program, it seems to be a different development that creates optically similar results (increase of farplane distance and maximum zoom) as my mod. That was what set me off in the first place, as I would really hate to see my work perverted for cheating purposes.

I have not tested your program, and will refrain from doing so, as I do not support cheating and I am also not interested in a colaboration of any sort. (I appreciate your generous offer of a free test however, to show me my work has not been ripped off.)

_Say_ #18 Posted Jan 09 2012 - 19:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 26 battles
MrFantastica, just post your mod on mediafire... Uh, wait. You can't.

I get it.

MrFantastica #19 Posted Jan 09 2012 - 19:22

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
I appreciate the apology. I'm sorry for the mess up.

No one is stupid enough to pay for a mod for a FREE game. Have you noticed that there are great mods out there and they are all FREE.
And let me guess, no one is stupid enough to pay for gold in a 'free' game too, right?  

I wrote this mod initially as a way of actively doing something about my feelings towards tracers and all the nerfs done towards arty lately -- I hated the changes and this made me feel better about it. I also felt frustrated though that at tier 8+, without premium account status, grinding is depressingly difficult.  You can claim this is a FREE game, but the game is designed to pressure you into buying premium account status and in-game gold regularly.  It is not a Free-to-play game, but rather a Pay-to-Win one.  The mass packs of gold-firing Type59's I see these days demonstrate that.

While I could of released my mod for free, I decided to follow WOT's lead:  a premium feature for a premium price.  While you may hate that I am asking money for this mod, there are going to be very few people actually buying it.  I could make a LOT more money just by going to work instead than spending my time with this; I am not doing this really to make money.   I do find it fun to code though and by asking a price I limit the number of people who would abuse this mod.  The little money I do make from this mod will go back into the game, via gold purchases, which as a result will solve my two original issues.  Everyone should be happy.

MrFantastica #20 Posted Jan 09 2012 - 19:23

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Post_Say_, on Jan 09 2012 - 19:17, said:

MrFantastica, just post your mod on mediafire... Uh, wait. You can't.

I get it.

i don't?  what?