Jagdpanther

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
540 replies to this topic

SnakeTheFox #161 Posted Nov 19 2010 - 16:55

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6885 battles

View PostElcomeSoft, on Nov 18 2010 - 14:20, said:

JagdPanther camo is completely broken. I am going to do some more testing with a StuG III friend and another player but My JP was detected moving towards the StuG III (with binocs) at 400m and when he was moving, I detected him at 260m. When he was sitting still with camo net, i couldn't see him until I was 220m away.

I have 100% crew with an average of 60%+ camo skill. Something is wrong.

This is happening to me as well. I have camo netting and the stationary binocs, and fully trained crew with 85% camo training skill on 4 crewmen and yet I can be stationary in a bush, not firing a shot or moving an inch, and absolutely any other tank on the field will see/shoot me before I even detect them. Something is very, very wrong. I absolutely love the Jagdpanthers enormous damage potential and great maneuverability (once you get the final treads/engine) for its tier, but having an orbital distress beacon attached to my tank 24/7 is just dragging me down.

I'll be ditching the camo netting later today until it's fixed. At least it isn't destroyed when I detach it.

bjm1702 #162 Posted Nov 22 2010 - 11:49

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 7776 battles
Does any one else always have their gun destroyed quite often? it happens to me a lot. Could it be the position of the gun is exactly where auto aim aims at?

BAKMS #163 Posted Nov 23 2010 - 22:33

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2419 battles
I am planning on getting the JdPanther this week during the Thanksgiving Holidays. I have been reading about the JdPanther wanting to know if I should get it our not.

I will most likely get binoculars/rammer/armour plate. Since the camo is not working or well enough. I will training the crew in camo.

Question: Armour plate does it get destroyed and have to be bought again?

I was planning getting the 88 long and upgrading the rest of the tank. Like the SU100 that I have has the same problem with the shells. To exp to buy shells; also with the rammer and 100mm I fire twice faster. Most of the tanks are limping pretty good if I get toasted.  

I do enjoy the TDs and would like to stay with them. Yes, I have enjoyed the SUs but would like to add the JdPanther.

I do not know if the camo-net works on the SUs but I have the binoculars/camo/rammer on the SU100.

I will tell you I have a SU85 and SU100 TDs have started receiving gun damaged too after the patch (.7).

Shinkirou #164 Posted Nov 23 2010 - 22:47

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5753 battles
  • [RDDT7] RDDT7

View PostBAKMS, on Nov 23 2010 - 22:33, said:

I am planning on getting the JdPanther...

get it, upgrade it, and dont look back, you wont regret it. one of the best td's in the line, and one of the best platforms for the long 88. you will get lots of gun dmg on the jadgpanther but the trick to these paper td's is to not get shot in the 1st place. I planing on keeping mine when the game goes live, definitely one of the few german tanks that lives up to its historical reputation.

by armor plate i assume you mean the spall lining which doesnt expire, ever, soon dont worry about picking it up.

airbats801 #165 Posted Nov 24 2010 - 06:38

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 1235 battles
  • [-VG-] -VG-

View Postkryogen, on Sep 14 2010 - 12:04, said:

Is it me or is the stock Jagdpanther a bit on the crap side?

Gotta say it sucks stock. I have the l56 with it right onw and it can be alright, but half th battles I cant damage a lot of the heavier stuff worth a damn. Not real happy with it yet. I'm probably gonna grind through to ferd  I'm sure it will be better once I have a gun that can penetrate is tanks better.

I have received quite a bit of gun damage as well.

killakanz #166 Posted Nov 25 2010 - 23:32

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
God I hope they fix camo and spotting soon.

My Jagdpanther has a camo net and camo trained crew, combined with binos. Now you'd think that me sitting in a bush should be able to easilly see anyone approaching long before they notice me right?

Wrong. Just now I was spotted by a moving Jagdpanzer IV, who lit me up to his entire team. I never saw any of them.

Guhonter #167 Posted Nov 26 2010 - 01:35

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I dont know why people praise the JP so much: hardly anything every bounces off, every shot hits and either destroys something or cuts out huge chunks of HP. The stock 88 bounces regularly or doesnt penetrate at long range mostly regarldless of the target (excluding Arty e.g.). The upgraded 88 is a tad better, still lots of bounces, hardly an improvement i'd say.
The JP is a bullet magnet. Getting into a position to pick a fight means exposing the tank, incoming fire is almost always hurting, hence the live expectancy is very low.
Im comparing this to all my other vehicles i've had so far. The JP is imho overrated and sucks to play. The gun is worse then my StuG 75mm L70 which penetrates almost anything at almost any range with AP. Compared to my StuG the JP is a setback and hardly worth bothering.
Actually i live longer in my StuG then the JP :)

TexasTC #168 Posted Nov 26 2010 - 07:09

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4200 battles

View PostGuhonter, on Nov 26 2010 - 01:35, said:

I dont know why people praise the JP so much: hardly anything every bounces off, every shot hits and either destroys something or cuts out huge chunks of HP. The stock 88 bounces regularly or doesnt penetrate at long range mostly regarldless of the target (excluding Arty e.g.). The upgraded 88 is a tad better, still lots of bounces, hardly an improvement i'd say.
The JP is a bullet magnet. Getting into a position to pick a fight means exposing the tank, incoming fire is almost always hurting, hence the live expectancy is very low.
Im comparing this to all my other vehicles i've had so far. The JP is imho overrated and sucks to play. The gun is worse then my StuG 75mm L70 which penetrates almost anything at almost any range with AP. Compared to my StuG the JP is a setback and hardly worth bothering.

how long have you had the JPanther?
try the 105, it is a tank wrecker. I dont have alot of the problems that you are having. Ive had it almost 500 battles and it by far my best and favorite tank that I have(Tiger, 3002DB, 3601H,) or have had, (the rest). Honestly I dont remember the stock 88, and I vaguely remember the stock JPanther itself, although I didnt like it as much as my jagdpanzer until I got the long 88. after its upgraded it is a beast. I can damage and kill anything on the battlefield. At range.
dont bother with a camo net, use a bush.

Penpenn #169 Posted Nov 26 2010 - 07:58

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

I find myself somewhat in agreement over most of that, JP can do a lot of damage but its extremely hard to put it into situations where it can do so and not be the first tank to die.

Its the most visible tank I've been in, bush or no. Hence the bullet magnetism.

I prefer the JagdPZIV over the stug (and JP) for the short 88 and crazy low profile, good speed and decent armour though.

EchelonIII #170 Posted Nov 26 2010 - 08:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13969 battles
  • [BULLS] BULLS

Of course you having played less than 50 games on it enables you to be a good judge of the tank.

The JP's gun deals 40% more DPS than the King Tiger's 105 at the cost of 25 penetration, that's a VERY good trade.

It's a sniper tank, on offense, as long as you stay behind your heavy tanks and let them take up the hits for you, you can help them a lot by backing them up with the massively powerful 105mm, on defense, a well positioned JPanther can cause a massed blob to stall or advance and take heavy damage.

Compared to the L70, the short 88 does almost double damage for the cost of THREE mm penetration, the only reason you seem to be doing better in your StuG is because your StuG is up against crap opposition.

X1376 #171 Posted Nov 26 2010 - 09:57

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostEchelonIII, on Nov 26 2010 - 08:43, said:

I dont know why people praise the JP so much...
Of course you having played less than 50 games on it enables you to be a good judge of the tank.

The JP's gun deals 40% more DPS than the King Tiger's 105 at the cost of 25 penetration, that's a VERY good trade.

It's a sniper tank, on offense, as long as you stay behind your heavy tanks and let them take up the hits for you, you can help them a lot by backing them up with the massively powerful 105mm, on defense, a well positioned JPanther can cause a massed blob to stall or advance and take heavy damage.

Compared to the L70, the short 88 does almost double damage for the cost of THREE mm penetration, the only reason you seem to be doing better in your StuG is because your StuG is up against crap opposition.

I agree. I dusted off my JP last days and tried it with 88mm long gun instead of 105mm one.

You have to definitely know how to position yourself and have a discipline. Then this armor turns into a devastating machine. 88mm penetrates nearly anything, with exception of just few tanks, and its dps in skilled hands is a blessing.

On the other side, there is no much space left for player errors. Wrong positioning means being spotted/being shot at/being dead/getting module damages. This all mades up to feeling this armor is crap. But I believe the opposite is truth.

_Saracen_ #172 Posted Nov 26 2010 - 15:30

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

You're doing it wrong.

My highest win percentage is with my JP, on average i get more kills per game with my JP.

Stay behind other vehicles (far enough behind that you cant be spotted), dont defend areas on your own, dont lead assaults, dont get to close to the front line overall.  Play it like a sniper far far behind the rest of your team.

Garnett101st #173 Posted Nov 26 2010 - 15:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17630 battles

I gotta agree. For the firs time, today, iv seen an shell bounce off the Jagdpanthers front armor, and it was a vk3002 DB with the 75mm L/70. And yes the gun breaks alot, it soaks up bullets.

khouri #174 Posted Nov 26 2010 - 16:34

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostEchelonIII, on Nov 26 2010 - 08:43, said:

The proviso "as long as you stay behind your heavy tanks" made me smile as in the admittedly few games I've used the JP all the Heavys have buggered off and 9 times out of 10 a fast light or medium has broken through our defence and made my game very expensive by either damaging or destroying my JP. it takes a certain amount of teamwork for the JP to be effective and survive the battle, this has been sadly lacking in games I've played, so much so I got rid of the JP and went back to the Jpz 4 and the Stug, much more fun and a good source of funds.just my 2'penneth

Guhonter #175 Posted Nov 26 2010 - 22:15

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Another day, another observation. Still not the 10.5 mounted, but im close. It seems the amount of glances and bounces are very much a result of my crew being "only" 76% at that time of my last post. Its now at 86% and suddenly everything seems normal as far as shooting is concerned.

Highrider #176 Posted Nov 27 2010 - 01:19

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Finally got my JP tonight, and in the first match :.... My gun got destroyed in the first round that hit me :(

Other than the matches where my gun getting blown up (way to often) im getting some kills in it, even with the 2nd gun mounted. Going for the tracks before the 88, and then the engive before i go for the 105mm.

Shinkirou #177 Posted Nov 27 2010 - 04:36

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5753 battles
  • [RDDT7] RDDT7

View PostHighRider, on Nov 27 2010 - 01:19, said:

...the first round that hit me :(

you are doing it wrong.

Penpenn #178 Posted Nov 27 2010 - 05:35

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostShinkirou, on Nov 27 2010 - 04:36, said:

View PostHighRider, on Nov 27 2010 - 01:19, said:

...the first round that hit me :(

you are doing it wrong.

Wait whaat?

Bwahahaha D:D dammit dont make me laugh when I'm hungover.

Is this sarcasm? Its awesome if it is.

Valeriadrina #179 Posted Nov 27 2010 - 23:02

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
It has lots of positives but it can`t take hits nor can it dish out enough hurt with single shot. Frontal armor is unreliable at best and gun gets damaged often. Compared to Tiger I it has far less durability unless you get a really lucky string of bounces when you happen to get spotted. Personally I seem to bounce more from SU-152 than JgdP.

Leonall #180 Posted Nov 29 2010 - 20:12

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
How is it exactly possible for a vehicle of this level and price to be such an immense piece of fragile shit?
I was completely stunned after I gave away my elite JgdPz IV that could go up against IS-3's and Tiger 2's with a little effort and was a murderous little deathbox from up close, had to be changed to this slow fucking turtle with a sling? a Goddamn Panzer III's are able to damage it from afar!! What the christ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users