Based on the needs of the British Purchasing Commission the Ram tanks that were being produced were altered to take a 25 pdr. Was very similar to the US M7 Priests. Built by Montreal Locomotive starting in 1943 and finishing in 1945.
The driver was placed on right and gun was offset to the left. There was a hatch on the left side for loading ammunition. The fighting compartment could be covered with a canvas. The gun was installed in a special cradle.
Early vehicles had welded superstructure. Later models had cast nose, towing hook for ammo trailer, auxiliary generator, mounts for AA MGs.
Late 1943 gun was removed and extra radios, map tables, telephone cables, and Tannoy unit were added for gun position officers of Sexton batteries.
Type: Self-Propelled Gun
Continental R-975 9 cylinder Radial gasoline | 400 hp
Length: 6.12 m | Width: 2.71 m | Height: 2.11 m
Weight: 25860 kg
Max: up to 32 mm
Max. Speed: 38 km/h | Power/weight: 15.5 hp/t | Range: 200 km
Suspension: Suspension: Vertical Voluts Srping Suspension
Main armament: QF 25 pounder (87.6 mm) Mk II
Secondary armament: 2 x 0.303 (7.7 mm) Bren LMG