Small Repair Kit/Small First Aid Kit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

MatsuSoul #1 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 16:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14544 battles
  • [BULLS] BULLS
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this or if it has happened to them, but whenever I use any of these consumables on any of the tanks I have, it seems like it has a ninja hidden stat/effect. I can't possibly describe how many times I was in a situation where I repaired a module or healed a crewman only to have it damaged/repaired again by consecutive shots. <_<

So it seems that the hidden stat is somewhere on the lines of "50% chance of module that was repaired to be damaged again within consecutive shots" or for the aid kit "50% chance of crewman that was healed to be killed again within consecutive shots". Maybe it's just me or just random coincidence, has this happened much lately to anyone? :Smile_honoring:

Haplo013 #2 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 16:17

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 25405 battles
  • [SNRK] SNRK
I must admit it seems that way sometimes but this is usually because you burn the kit to repair the problem but the same guy is still shooting you and is most likely still shooting at the same place...but ya i have lost track of the number of times i have burned a repair/heal kit to have the next shot take that system out again  :rolleyes:

pyantoryng #3 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 16:25

Major

• Players
  • 14568 battles
That's why I don't use them.  :unsure:

I guess those patch-up work come off?

DelayedFuse #4 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 16:30

Captain

• Players
  • 10422 battles
This is why sometimes when I get a damaged module/crew and I don't need it right away, I don't repair it until I need it (or I get in cover away from enemy fire) because chances are, you're likely to get shot, usually at the same spot, and lose the module/crew again.

shynsly #5 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 16:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13536 battles
One thing to remember is that certain tanks have certain weak points, i.e.- the driver of a certain tank isn't as well protected as he is in other tanks, so he's more likely to be taken out, particularly if they're shooting HE at you. You might try keeping track of what vehicles and which specific crewmen/modules you're having issues with, try to see if it's a known weakpoint of that tank.

For example, prior to 7.0, the T-44's ammo rack was so bad it rendered it nearly unplayable even with a "wet" rack installed. When I had the U.S. T-20 med, it ALWAYS seemed to be my turret ring, felt like every other shot took it out. And if I look through my garage, there's at least a few of my tanks that have one crew member lagging behind the others in training because he is constantly being killed.

CaptIceman #6 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 17:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13073 battles
  • [VPG-R] VPG-R
1st. Rule of WoT: By the time you use your repair kit, to repair your tracks, the arty shell that is gonna kill you is already been fired, on the air, and on his way to hit you in the next 2 sec. :D

Rexxie #7 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 17:05

Major

• Players
  • 29088 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I've been killed by fire right after using my Extinguisher. And not because I was set on fire two times; the extinguisher has a delay before it sets the fire out, so I managed to use my extinguisher and get killed by fire at the same moment. Sucked, had to pay for a new one for no reason Q~Q

shynsly #8 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 17:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13536 battles

View PostCaptIceman, on Jan 02 2012 - 17:01, said:

1st. Rule of WoT: By the time you use your repair kit, to repair your tracks, the arty shell that is gonna kill you is already been fired, on the air, and on his way to hit you in the next 2 sec. :D

^ lmao... oh how very true! I hate that sooo much, get tracked in the open, smash "4" "5" (with my setup) to fix tracks, and BOOM! You're dead... just to look at the bottom of the screen and see "left track repaired" directly above "this tank destroyed by [jerkartyplayer]"... $3,000 credits down the drain  <_<

Oh well, sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield, lol.

Brygin #9 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 17:35

First lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 23005 battles

View PostMatsuSoul, on Jan 02 2012 - 16:10, said:

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this or if it has happened to them, but whenever I use any of these consumables on any of the tanks I have, it seems like it has a ninja hidden stat/effect. I can't possibly describe how many times I was in a situation where I repaired a module or healed a crewman only to have it damaged/repaired again by consecutive shots. <_<

So it seems that the hidden stat is somewhere on the lines of "50% chance of module that was repaired to be damaged again within consecutive shots" or for the aid kit "50% chance of crewman that was healed to be killed again within consecutive shots". Maybe it's just me or just random coincidence, has this happened much lately to anyone? :Smile_honoring:

What is happening is your are getting shot again in the same module.  Critical damage depends on where you are getting hit.

For example, I often will track someone, watch them quickly repair their tracks and then I track them again in the same spot because that is still what I am aiming for.

destruya #10 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 17:49

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 7948 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
There's a chance that the kit only repairs the module to barely undamaged status.  The text for both the silver and gold consumable just says it *repairs* damaged modules, not that it *completely* repairs them.

ethics_gradient #11 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 17:57

Captain

• Players
  • 21316 battles
  • [VPG] VPG
Seriously, you're complaining about a first aid kit that for a mere 3k silver, can bring back a crew member from the dead?  It's a fricken miracle of medical science!

PS  Iceman - you're a nOOb

CaptIceman #12 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 17:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13073 battles
  • [VPG-R] VPG-R

View Postdestruya, on Jan 02 2012 - 17:49, said:

There's a chance that the kit only repairs the module to barely undamaged status.  The text for both the silver and gold consumable just says it *repairs* damaged modules, not that it *completely* repairs them.

Repair kits do repair damaged modules back to it's full health, as far as I know (I may be wrong here tho).

Diference between Small repair kit (bought with credits, aka silver) and the Large Repair Kit (50 Gold), is that the small one only repairs one single module (hence you have to choose from a list, which one you would like to be repaired) and that´s about it.
The Large repair kit, can repair all damaged modules in your tank at once, although only one time, so choose it wisely when to use it.

In UC I usualy carry on small repair kit, for when I just get detracked and don't want to be a sitting duck, and a large one, for when I'm hit really bad by arty.

You can mount both repair kits (Small and Large) although only one of each kind. You cannot mount two small or two large repair kits.

ethics_gradient #13 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 17:59

Captain

• Players
  • 21316 battles
  • [VPG] VPG

View PostMatsuSoul, on Jan 02 2012 - 16:10, said:

On a more serious note, if someone's shooting at you to aim for your ammo rack, then he's trying to ammo rack you AGAIN after you repaired it.  Similarly, if you're driving a Type 59, it's easily ammo-racked, so it should be no surprise if you are ammo racked multiple times.

CaptIceman #14 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 18:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13073 battles
  • [VPG-R] VPG-R

View Postethics_gradient, on Jan 02 2012 - 17:57, said:

Seriously, you're complaining about a first aid kit that for a mere 3k silver, can bring back a crew member from the dead?  It's a fricken miracle of medical science!

PS  Iceman - you're a nOOb

lol yeah, I'm a n00b. But my gun is still bigger than yours  :P

*waiting till ethics beg me to bring my BL10, to cover the sorry ass of his lil VK2801, in tier 8 tank companies*  ;)

MatsuSoul #15 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 18:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14544 battles
  • [BULLS] BULLS
Thanks all for the replies, I can understand now. I was just getting hit in the same spot, never really thought about it. It was just a mild question that I happened to have a lot that now I understand. Still disgusted at some of the negative replied, however. Thanks all. :Smile_honoring:

Garbad #16 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 18:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23795 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Two points:

1.  You are just getting hit in the same spot again, which is really to be expected.
2.  Repair kits don't actually repair all HP (I believe), instead, they restore it instantly to its new max (after damage modules have less HP the second time). This is why its easier to break the 2nd+ time.

hailene2092 #17 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 13062 battles

View PostGarbad, on Jan 02 2012 - 18:56, said:

Two points:

1.  You are just getting hit in the same spot again, which is really to be expected.
2.  Repair kits don't actually repair all HP (I believe), instead, they restore it instantly to its new max (after damage modules have less HP the second time). This is why its easier to break the 2nd+ time.

I think they're healed up to full.  After being destroyed, the crew will automatically begin to repair the module and that'll only heal them up 'till 75% of their max.

As for your first point, I heartily agree.  If a module is being taken out again there's a likely bundle of reasons:

1. You're probably roughly in the same spot, as is your opponent.  What portions of your tank that can be hit by the enemy is unlikely to have changed significantly.

2. The enemy is the same.  He's likely to aim at the same spot he did 5 seconds ago.

3.  He's shooting the same gun and likely the same ammo type.  That means the shot is likely to land roughly where it did before, and do roughly the same damage.  And clearly the previous shot was sufficient to take out the module. It's very possible that the next shot will do the same.

~~~~~

I still don't know how people can live without using repair/first aid kits.  A damaged ammo rack, damaged gun, a dead gunner, or a dead loader drives me absolutely insane.

BrokTheFanatic #18 Posted Jan 02 2012 - 20:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 3546 battles
  • [OSS] OSS
I use the ressurection kits simply because I love my crew.