• Players
  • 18618 battles
Fixed... link is on the second post by me on the first page... :>

Yankee #2 Posted Jan 05 2012 - 21:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 39368 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
I've never understood your hard on for the Baku incident. You always leave out the part over Baku, where I stated BG's position, and asked for support from the other members of the alliance. Panzac, and Panzac alone, came to our defense.  The pin drop moment was not a sign of weakness from BG, but from the rest of you. It was going to be an alliance breaking moment if we refused, so we stood down when asked by the Chair to, in the interest of the alliance.

It was a tough decision to break away, particularly because of our long standing relationship with Panzac and SG. We decided to ride with AoD.

Your disdain for BG puzzles me, as I also recall BG clearing out both England and Israel for you on mutiple occasions, then gracefully walking away. I dont ever recall Forge returning the favor. Your thanks was to then later map an obviously weakened BG in France after -G- Split away.

Internet tanks though, I'm not mad at ya, just living in my own reality.

BarrooM #3 Posted Jan 05 2012 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 18618 battles
**DISCLAIMER**
Long read. Bad grammar. Bad spelling. Bad tankers. Be warned.

Some of the facts in here will be disputed for sure, but like I said it's through my eyes :> Also, this will surely piss some people off. Oh well :>

And yes I know, cool story bro.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all looking back, this has been an amazing journey. When I started writing this, I kind of thought of it as my World of Tanks obituary. Especially with me playing SWTOR and clan wars being down for so long. But who knows, maybe I’ll see you all on the battlefield again playing just as terrible.

I. World of Tanks

Some e-buds from a forum I have been frequenting and helped establish back in the early 2000s (Dark Age of Camelot  BORS server broke away from the VN Boards and started our own forums) had mentioned this wonderful game called “World of Tanks”. At the time I was a bit busy with a free shard WoW PVP server playing arenas. Once Grunvagr and I beat the best team on the server and got all the gear and what not, there really wasn’t much else to do.

Posted Image
http://i277.photobuc...room-/zzzzz.jpg

The owner of the server got a “Cease and desist” letter from Blizzard and he panicked and shut the server down. World of Tanks was in the open beta phase at the time and it was pretty fun. I’m not sure Grun was playing WoT at the time, but Phaeton was. After learning how op’d the T-54 was, we decided to push as hard as we cold to get one before beta closed and the game went live. At the time, I had no idea how important premium account was, I do now!

During this time, I made a clan with a spare account I had been hording gold on (you got free gold back in open beta). I named the clan “Afrika Korps”, for obvious reasons. I stuck Phaeton, Grunvagr , my best friend and a bunch of randoms into the guild (It still exists today!).

As closed beta came to a close and we learned about “Clan Wars”. We all agreed that if we were going to get into “Clan Wars” we needed to either recruit or join up with a well established clan. I did not want to recruit, so we looked for a clan to join. I happened to see a post at the top of the recruitment forums from MrCaruthers advertising “Angels of Death. Cool name, check. Lots of people, check. Well established clan with aspirations of dominating clan wars, check.

We all applied and were accepted. The only stipulation that I asked is that we all be placed into the same Division. We all got placed into AOD-X as recruits, in different platoons. Pre-clan wars, AOD was soooo much fun. Everyone all idled in the same rooms and mingled with each other. I would often run in Tank companies with “good” Friction, Elevensun, Doczoidberg, Caruthers and company. I learned a lot from these guys. Great players, good comms and loads of skill. Friction is probably one of the best tacticians and leaders in this game to date.

Leadership positions began opening in AOD-X. I wanted to be a part of it, because of how smooth the structure is/was. It’s definitely not for a lot of people. AOD carries a sort of military structure. You can be a lifetime member and just be a soldier with a low rank (title). Or if you want to take a more active roll in leadership and helping others you could get boosted up in rank. RCT -> CDT -> PVT -> PFC -> SPCL is how I think it went. Because of the extra work I did on AOD radio and how active I was, I skipped over CDT and went right to PVT. I then took on a roll as a “Platoon Leader” (basically 5 guys under me that I have to keep track of and answer questions and problems for them).

Now when Clan Wars hit, nobody wanted to lead battles (most people still don’t want to *shake fist*). After a couple failed landings, I said screw it and took charge of leading battles. We made landfall down by Red Sky (They occupied Israel/Duba/Sinai). We started winning battle after battle down there with our Rag Tag little group known as “The insurgents” (Ron_L I hope you are laughing if you read this). We had Red Sky chasing us all over their territory *queue the Benny Hill music*. I think we had a couple IS4s at the time and a few VK4502s. Phaeton and I were in our T54s and I think Grun had his Tier 5-6 arty. I found out really quickly who I could count on in battles to not screw stuff up and listen to orders. This made it difficult to balance as a battle leader. Making sure the baddies got play time and not feel left out while trying to WIN.

BG was one of the only teams out there (besides MLP/AOD-F) that had a full tier 10 team. They finally caught up to us in the desert and we gave them a really good fight for the tanks we had (I still have the SS somewhere) but we lost, thus ending our fun in the desert. I vowed to come back at them one day with a full tier 10 team.

We were supposed to be getting help from Iron Wolves in Turkey and AOD-R was going to land Cyprus to help out. AOD-R pretty much became known as AOD-Rtards to everyone ( I apologize for being so blunt, but I want to keep things historically accurate). They couldn’t seem to figure out where to put chips or how to win battles. AOD-W lead by Conflict was kind of off doing their own thing and AOD main was in that vicious Europe stalemate back and forth with the Goons.

We decided to take a crack at getting in where SG and the Goons were, East of Russia. Here comes some more horn tooting. I kept being forced to take some terrible people with pretty low tier tanks to CW battles. We would win, but baaarrreeeeely. When I was allowed to bring my “Ateam” (which I was not allowed to call it that, but we all knew it), we would smash stuff. Battle leaders to this day, are in pretty high demand. So I said, “You know what? Find another battle leader, I’m not doing it. One of the most memorable battles I was in after I stopped leading was a Malinovka verse NDP. I sat back and watched quite possibly one of the worst strategy calls I have seen in CW/Malinovka history.

I love how NDP is strategizing like crazy and all we were doing was sitting there in the woods twiddling our thumbs. I was thinking, we are so f’d at 5 mins…

Let’s pile up 4 Tds mediums and everything in the little patch of forest and let them come down and attack from the hill, lol.

After this battle and a few more disasters, I was asked to please lead. I obliged, I couldn’t put myself through these strats and BLs decisions any more. In all fairness, these guys that were leading were told “YOU HAVE TO LEAD”. Most didn’t want to.

So I came back. With a new plan and promotion. I was bumped again from PVT to SPCL skipping over PFC. I was having a lot of fun doing AOD Radio.

At this point,, I met with all the guys from AOD-X and told them to step up and do whatever they had to do to grind Tier 10 tanks, Tier8 Arty, Tier 9 meds. They responded like you would not believe, we had enough Tier 10s for 1.5 teams in a week. We doubled our CW tanks in like a week. We then re-landed over by Piedmont and Dauphine. We beat STUG for Dauphine and AOD-F gave us Piedmont and we dropped our HQ there (this is a very important part of the story). At this point we went for PANZAC and SG to take pressure off AOD-W/AOD-F (who knows what the shit AOD-R was doing). We came in through Cyprus and pushed up through Turkey to Macedonia and Thrace. El Haluf became known as “my map” (Lifetime in CW I’m 67 and 3 or something stupid, not to mention companies). This was the most amazing spot we could have ever asked for. Two high gold properties on the timeline border? Yes please. I could fight both battles in with my A-team every night, woops did I say A-team??!?! I meant, fight with “a” team. Ahem.

Anyway, we got Thrace. Then we took Macedonia. We sat fat and happy on those two properties defending them every single night. I’m not sure what Panzac was thinking at the time, but they threw everything at us every night. They tried some ridiculous strategies towards the end of our stay there. We continued to fight SG every night on Macedonia (ABBEY) and this lead to one of my famous Barroom strats called “The reach around”.

II. FORGE!

All while this is going on, we had leadership that was never around for AOD-X. AOD-X was being run by the two DCs and pretty much, me running all the battles. Thrashed and RON_L were moving chips. Meanman was the commander and the other dude Blue_Exodis (sp) were never around. Meanman’s RL job kept him from being on much and he is a helluva a nice guy. Blue and mean were Sgts in AOD and had lots of pull. AOD-X was running itself for the most part. We placed our chips where we wanted and just fought. But we had no purpose and no direction. It seemed like we were our own clan, sticking to our own channels in vent and doing our own things. Thrashed was getting pretty frustrated at the time with leadership. I couldn’t tell if he liked me or hated me at times. As you know, I’m very vocal.

So towards the end of the first week of our occupation on Thrace and Macedonia, someone in AOD leadership decided that we needed to lose our capital in Piedmont so we could put it down over in Turkey. I’m not sure why they felt like we needed it, but whatever.

Apparently there was a chip movement mistake and someone one chipped Dauphine. Then they corrected it and one chipped Piedmont where our HQ was. Meanman, thought it would be funny if he and another guy from AOD main clan had a fun battle in Dauphine with the one chip. Mean brought his Jagdtiger and Mac brought a T2 light.

Right before our battle in Thrace a pop up, Technical Loss in both Dauphine and Piedmont. W T F??????????????????????????

Meanman pops into our vent channel right as we were about to fight Panzac for Thrace and says, uh, sorry guys we had a chip error and lost Dauphine.

At this point, I’m furious. “Battle Comms please” as we load. We win Thace and Macedonia. I ask for an explanation as to what happened. Meanman had disconnected from the game when it loaded and didn’t get back in so we lost it. Everyone in the channel was pisssssssssssssed. I mean, right before a battle we are told half our gold income is gone. Not that it was a lot, (think 8k total at the time). Everyone is mad talking over each other etc etc etc.

Caruthers pulls the leaders of AOD-X into a room and asks what’s going on. He’s told of the situation and doesn’t seem to think it’s that big of a deal (we fought Stug for Dauphine, that province was never just “given to us”). I said, it is a big deal. We are over there fighting our asses off against SG and Panzac and we lose half our gold to something like that. Caruthers says “Well, just go re-land and get it back, no big deal”. Here’s where I lose it. Probably the first time anyone in AOD ever heard me go ape shite :> I said “How the F*k do you expect us to get through a landing tourney when we have only one team that can win anything while we are fighting the Thrace/Macedonia battles? He asks in what I took as a patronizing voice “Well Barr, what do you want me to do about it?”. I said “Tell your commanders and leaders to stop being f*n idiots”. Now, I dunno if you have ever heard Caruthers talk, but he’s pretty calm. That went out the window after what I said, haha. He was fuuuurrriouuusssssssszzz. First time I had heard him yell (I hope you can laugh at this now).

At this point I figured, I’ll either get booted for talking back to the head honcho of WoT or I’ll end up leaving on my own.

I talked to Phaeton and Grun for hours about what our options were. I’ve gamed with these two guys for over 10 years. We all agreed to try and apply to MLP. Our stats were definitely good enough to get in. A few people overheard us talking about leaving and said, well if you go, I’m out too. This started to snowball and it lead to a ridiculous idea by Bolt_Upright and I to start our own thing. I have no idea how Thrashed caught wind of it, but he did. Surprisingly he was fed up with a bunch of the crap too. He knows how hard we worked as a team to own what we did at the time.

We said “If we get 15-20 guys to commit (especially our A-team), we can do this and just recruit”. But what would we call ourselves? Lots of terrible names including X-AOD flew around the room. We were trying to do this in a top secret way as to not alarm anyone and sever all of our contacts. Mainly the A-Team guys. Once we got commitment from our A-team guys, we started to go through the list of who we could trust with our secret. We had a list of “Talk to NOW!” and a list of “Talk to at the last minute” and a list of “Don’t bother”. Slowly it seemed the more people we talked to, the more people that were going to leave anyway.
***Side note from some of the core players involved: I forget who it was, but someone was bouncing between our "new" ventrilo and the AOD ventrilo and ended up saying something in a room full of AOD folks when it was meant for Forge Ventrilo. Comedy gold. I can't quite remember the details, but whoever did it, I wanna say Bolt, played it off pretty well****

Everyone single person on the Talk to NOW! List were 100% on board. As Saturday rolled around we all agreed that we would frantically run through the “Talk to later” list AFTER we got our gold payout for the week (The payouts were pretty terrible 300gold or something due to the high treasure amounts). Once we started down the list, the red flag went up and our cover was blown. I had wished some of the guys on the talk to later list had come over, especially Ron_L. Ron staying in AOD shows his true character, he really is a stand up guy and if there was anyone I felt bad about “screwing over” it was this guy (I say screwing over, because I knew AOD-X was done once I pulled my A-team out of there). I think we picked up about 5 more guys from the talk to later list and we all dropped tags.

We had finished putting the infrastructure in place with the help of Schilly. The leadership and members all decided on a name and that name was [FORGE]. We had a TS and forums. Later on, members of Forge would donate a bunch of cash and we bought a virtual server to host our TS and forums (I put this in just to show how unselfish our members really are).

The anvil was born.

That night, Panzac came in to talk to us and were like, what the hell happened? Being a Friday night and being a bit liquored up, I told them basically the whole story. e told them that Thrace and Macedonia should be pretty easy to take back now since we basically gutted AOD-X. They asked what our plans were and I made a point to say something like, “I DUNNO SINCE WE KICKED YOUR ARSE IN THRACE WE MIGHT COME BACK UP THERE AND DO IT AGAIN! HA HA HA!”. Officers made a decision that Barroom would not be in charge of Diplomacy, lol. I love Panzac to pieces. They are some of the fiercest guys out there. Hilarious too. <3 Drizzles <3 Gen

Another kind of funny thing that we found out... we got an audio clip of an AOD meeting when they were going through the "re-structure post AOD-X". One of the former AOD-X guys that stayed with AOD said in this meeting "When are we going to give those Forge guys a taste of their own medicine". Thus began the "Taste of the medicine tour". GIMME DAT TUSSIN! Sorry about the alcohol induced Friday night rant back then Freshdave! I really do apologize; you are a very funny guy.

III. Landfall

We had the next few days to wait until cool downs were up to start inviting people to [FORGE]. I ran a bunch of tank companies those few days and the reaction from some of the teams we faced were like "WTF. None of you are in a clan? Random Tank company team?" Those few days our A-team was at the top of it's game and we didn't lose a single TC.

Once the majority of our cool downs were up, we started inviting members. We had already figured out an officer core and a loose "rank" structure. We make it VERY clear in Forge that every person has an equal say. So the officer titles were for in game as well as diplomatic purposes. The blue anvils were born (if you have ever been in our TS you know what this means). I did not want to be commander. I never have, even in the later stages when I was running everything in Forge. Diplomacy, chip movements, leading battles, you name it. I'm a pretty easy target and a very vocal person. I did not want my words/rants to be a reflection of the "FORGE COMMANDER". I'm going to make an attempt at the initial officers when we started Forge.

Company Commander
Thrashed (Thrashed is a great guy. He was the figure head of Forge. He is the kind of guy that will defend his guys til the bitter end. I'm guessing it's part of his character and partly because of the amount of time he has served in the Military)
Company Deputies
Kraaken, Barroom, and Schilly (Kraaken moved the chips. Schilly was the web/ts admin. Barroom was main battle leader, minor diplomacy stuff and being bad at tanks)

Treasurer
Opspearhead (One of core Arty guys. I cried a little when he sold his account to a guy in AOD)
Diplomats
Fivel and Bolt (These guys put in so many friggin hours with diplomacy at our early stages)

Field Commanders
Osiris, Pgriff, OberSchutze (Osiris and Griff lead a bunch of battles, Ober didn't do much of anything :> )

Morale and Welfare
Bloodgroove (Crazy Aussie. If folks had internal problems, they were asked to talk to Blood first to see if we could resolve it)

We all agreed that when any major decision was made within the clan, the clan as an entire body would vote and have a voice. I've seen this approach go horribly wrong in other games. It's worked out very well for us, almost too well sometimes (as in recently when we moved to France we didn't vote on it. We pulled chips and moved without voting. A few people had ruffled feathers over it).
We wanted to distance ourselves from where ever AOD was on map. We weren't pissed at them at all (well some of us weren't). In fact, it was just something that didn't work out and we moved on, in mass numbers of course, but hey...
So we decided the first thing we needed to do was snatch up a high gold territory with out 25 ish guys on maps we knew pretty well. El Haluf was one of my best maps so naturally we looked at going after Eastern Al Wahut. At the time Condi was sitting on it and Core had begun to make their assault. About this time, Bolt said to me, we need more guys to make this work. We need to find another small clan that wants to merge. This would jump our numbers up really fast and get us some folks that were Clan War ready. We saw Core try night after night as we made our approach to EAW. Condi was dug in like an Alabama tick. I started looking at Core's members and how many active folks they had. I said to Bolt, we need to approach these guys and ask if they want to merge. The plan was set in motion.

Guinn from Core had begun messaging me talking about coming over to Forge. I guess things in Core were a bit shaky at the time. He said that if he came over, he would be bringing at least 6 players with him, maybe more. I was thinking sweet, now if we get EAW tomorrow night we will be golden. Well, the night we got next to EAW, Core finally broke Condi's turtle (these guys are some of the most determined individuals I have ever gamed with). We were all in our TS going "AWWWW crap, now what. We can't attack EAW while were trying to merge with these guys, it will surely piss them off and the deal will get squashed". I think Swolin got back to us that night and said, let's talk on TS. So we all did. They said they would entertain a merge but wanted us to come over to their vent and "mix it up". I ran a couple TCs with about half Forge half Core guys to see if our dogs played nice together. We did extremely well. It was kind of awkward at first, I think because it was so seamless.

We did the same thing the next night and we basically ran laps around EAW just for fights while Core decided on what their future would hold. I'm pretty sure they were super stoked to finally crack Condis turtle. At this time we ended up making friends with Team Disciples. Like any clan would, they contacted our Diplo Bolt_Upright to see what we were doing and what our long term plans were. We told them we were waiting on Core to make a decision on a merge and let them know that either way, this was a short term move for us. If Core didn't want to merge, we were going to keep moving East (not attacking EAW to keep those relations open for future merge attempts or alliances) to Sinai/Israel. About this time, Condi made land fall and started jacking with Red Sky over in Israel. GVN had held territory over there too, Sinai and all the small provinces to the South West of it in North East Africa.

As we were on our last night of waiting for Core to make a decision we were preparing to move to the Middle East. We wanted to pay Red sky/BG a visit now that we had the tanks and were under our new banner. Swolin from Core got back to us and said it was a go. I had gone to great lengths to explain to all the Core guys what we were about and how EVERYONE has a voice. We decided right away, Swolin would be a Deputy Commander and a "blue Anvil". Core needed to have a voice early on (I wanted them to feel like they had one of their own to watch their backs early on).

Now, we decided we would roll in and take EAW from Core and they would drop tags and when cool downs were up, join us. We would hang onto what they fought hard for and we would all benefit. We get the gold for Forge and their hard work would still be rewarded under their new tags. The glorious days of non contiguous provinces allowed us to hang onto EAW and roll on towards our next goal, Sinai. We let Team DS know our intentions and what we were doing. They asked about our long term plans for EAW and we told them it was not in our long term, but we wanted to fill our coffers up as fast as we could. We let them know that when we planned on leaving, we would turn it over to them.

Let me just tell you right now. I have been part of guild mergers before and they have mostly gone HOOORRRIBLY wrong. This was the most seamless, awesome and fun merge I have ever been a part of. The Core guys were hilarious and just as cynical as we were. It was like we were all in Forge together from the get go.

In my opinion the reason why this merge worked was because of a few key factors. Firstly, we had never fought Core ( we had one battle on Sand River I think the night that they were dropping tags and it was for fun). I think this helped because there was no penis swinging contests between our groups. We were all on even playing ground. Secondly, the chemistry was there. They were all like us. Same ideas, same opinions on stupid pubbie scrubs, same twisted senses of humor etc etc.
I'll continue on, but I want to make one thing clear, Forge would have possibly, no check that, would have failed, had we not got these amazing guys from Core. Like I said, it was seamless. So from the bottom of my tanky heart, thank you Core for helping build Forge to what she is today, it would not have been possible otherwise.

So we move across the map and hit GVN on Sinai and kick them off. They did not like this at all. Apparently we had caught the eyes of the "Southern Alliance" and we left them know we were coming for Red Sky lands and to sit on some gold. Condi had busted through Red Sky’s lines at this point so we would need to take care of them and Red Sky. Rumccolt came to Bolt with an official "offer" to join the Southern Alliance. Red Sky was going to be moving out of their and into Scandinavia and they needed a strong partner to hold Duba and the middle east. Bolt spent HOURS UPON HOURS trying to get us the most fair shake at gold income and land mass. LNF and SNS at the time were sitting over there between RS and BG. I asked if they would be leaving, since well, they were pretty much useless sitting there. Again, I'm no diplo and Bolt said he would handle it... lol. We were told at the time that Red Sky was having trouble holding down Duba and the middle east and BG was getting a bit froggy and sick of having to deal with break throughs. This was mentioned to us by Rum (who was still in BG at the time).

I'm not sure what the tipping point was in our joining the Southern Alliance, but I'm glad we did. I've met some pretty incredible people (All the old NASA clans have a couple people (some more) that are just really awesome. We agreed that in exchange for joining, we would be in charge of the Duba landing and would get Israel, Sinai and a bunch of the lower gold properties around us. At this time, apparently LNF had talked some trash to Team Disciples and pissed them off. They wanted blood. They had landed Duba and begun to effectively push LNFs poop in. Part of joining the SA would be to help LNF out as well. Little did they know, we had good relations with Team DS. Bolt managed to get them to pick up their chips and leave. The only stipulation they gave us, was WE had to be the ones to take the properties back (they didn’t care if they went back to LNF, but we had to be the ones to show up and fight them). They held true to that and showed up with an all t2-t3 team for the few provinces that were left.

I’m going to add this here, because I’m not sure when they came or when they left in my timeline, but we picked up some guys from AOD-R that Yawh knew. This was about the time we picked up Yawh and Fluffs too. Rage and Wooby from RPM (they were in AOD-R) came over and joined us with a few of their friends. Though short lived in Forge, Rage did lead a bunch of battles for us and did every well. They inevitably wanted to split off and do their own thing, Rage tells me he wanted to stay with Forge, but his boys wanted to take off. I completely understood and we agreed we would keep our communication and friendship open and still do to this day. I think after we got settled into the Middle East is when they decided to take off. <3 mah RPM gaiz  (Rage also told me that I can call a battle like no other, a huge compliment. WE all know that is lies, I am bad).

The GVN assaults on Sinai began. They had re-landed to take back Sinai. We defended 2 nights in a row and on the 3rd night of running the same strat, they finally broke it. GVN is one of the only few clans to ever beat me on El Haluf and they did it twice. One thing we were really lacking at the time was chip stacks. We didn't want the Southern alliance to know just how many stacks we had/did not have at the time. This was pre WoT Clan Info. We were having a hell of a time coming up with the stacks to hit GVN with. I know we lost Sinai, tried to re-land and come back in and lost. Then BG came down and booted them out. At that point I think MLP/BG told them to stay out or they would be considered enemies of the Southern Alliance. I really don't blame GVN for being super pissed off, but eh, it's all business.

We sat pretty content for a while and eventually gave up control of EAW to our buds from Team DS. Kind of a "Hey thanks for being good friends and sticking to your word". Plus, we had about 6k or so at the time sitting in Duba. About this time, the rest of the core guys came over and tagged. We now had chips. We found our gold need had increased with all the mouths to feed. Bolt worked really hard to get Rum to find us another spot for some gold. BG was messing around clearing Condi out of England and that the land could be shared with SG/Forge. We had some pretty epic battles over there in England. we ended up fighting Condi a shit ton on cliffs. Every night would go back and forth, back and forth. They would win, we would win. They would win, we would win. We eventually ended up locking England down and coming up with my famous Erlenberg defense strat. I was too chicken to try the Steel Fist on defense (I love you KoL and MS-W).

Shortly before this, AOD/WOLF/ROTA ditched 3E and ended up joining NASA. In a strange twist, we were now working with AOD. It was a bit awkward at first, but we all 'seemed' to get along just fine.

We were sharing England with SG and making about 8-10k a day, not too bad I guess. Things were going pretty well. We had defended Duba for 62 days in a row with some pretty close calls. You can only do so much with Sand Friggin river night after night.

SNS had left the area about this time (they were between us and BG) and soon after LNF was asked to move from between BG and Forge and take over the area of Kanino. Nobody in the alliance wanted Kanino. Most people didn’t want that time zone. LNF had tried to merge with Quebec Company to make an “Extreme” version of LNF. We didn’t care, we were just glad they were out of our back yard not talking trash to other clans (Clanless asked to come through Duba a few times to go after LNF for trash talking them as well, /wave Ozwald!). We assumed all of the property that LNF/SNS once had and though it wasn’t much, about 1200g, it was still a nice added bonus to our gold per day.

Phaeton points out that the story seems to warp ahead quite a bit. Well, it does. Reason being is we were pretty low key in NASA doing lots and lots of landing clears and fun Africa battles whilst defending our own shit.

Fun fact: In the 62 days we held Duba, we only had the alliance clear it MAYBE 3 times. One of those times they didn't actually clear it :P

IV. An unfortunate chain of events

So I don’t remember the guys name but what happened was this… We opened recruiting for a VERY short time in Forge. We invited this guy that had an E-100 (we didn’t really pay much attention to his stats, he had an E-100 and we needed those at the time). As you know, we try to get everyone involved in Clan Wars (hence the asterisk next to your name if you had not played that night).

So I bring this guy into a final battle for Duba (Sand River) as well as some other newer guys and a few that were ‘ok’. It was against 5CAD so I wasn’t really worried. Here is where things got ugly. Phaeton was at hockey and Nagatron was busy (These are the two guys that are in charge of running the South on defense), in place of them, was ME in my T-54. I knew the route to take and what to do, but this left me letting one of the less experienced guys running the North ridge (where I spot the majority of the team and our arty basically drinks their milkshake. When, the guy running the North, didn’t spot ANYTHING up the middle (North). I thought, “ok they are doing a South push, good”.

Nope, the guy up North just didn’t do his job correctly (apparently he never looked towards the middle road coming out of their base). All of a sudden a giant sea of red comes pouring in from the North. I had shifted a bunch of tanks to the South anticipating a rush that never came. The new guy in the E-100 wasn’t in the spot where I told him to camp to spot stuff across the middle if the North eyes failed. More failure and breakdown. I had a decision to make, push hard from the South and out cap them, or have them turn around and try to squash the tanks from the North. I though “Eh, we have this E-100 defending, we should be ok to knock them off cap”. I ended up dead pushing to their base so I could hop from person to person and bark orders and see how things were going. They hit the cap first, we hit it shortly after. Here’s where I couldn’t believe what I saw. The E-100 driver that we had just recruited was missing every shot on their team while they capped. I mean, not even close to hitting them from less than 25 Meters. Comms started to break down from everyone that was dead yelling at this guy to reset the cap. They cap us out 100% to our 95%. I was like W T F just happened. He was not saying a word. I alt tab out to see if he’s in TS and he’s got the MIC with the red X (a tell tale sign that a person is in another Team Speak).

I’m yelling at the guy, why are you not in this Team speak and why the hell did you miss 5 point blank shots in an E-100??? Everyone in the channel agreed that it looked like it was on purpose, I started to have the sinking feeling this guy really did miss all those shots on purpose. I kicked/booted/banned him from TS and from Forge on the spot.

I go on the forums and make a post and 5CAD denies any involvement only to later admit he was in their TS but was not “giving information”. The guy messages me a few days later and admits he missed shots on purpose and was trying to help 5CAD. This leads me to stick a bounty on this guys head. 100 gold to anyone that killed this guy in a match. 250 gold if he was on the same team.

Damage control. Le sigh. So, we already caught wind through other members of NASA that were our friends that AOD/MLP were pushing to have us removed from the alliance for this land incursion (after we solely held this property for 60+ days without issues and without anyone from NASA clearing it nightly).

Here’s where Bolt goes to work again for another one of his diplomatic 15v1s (the first one was when he talked Team DS into picking up their chips and leaving LNF alone while we moved in. I can’t thank Team DS and Macdiesel enough for doing that). We were fighting to clean up the 5CAD mess, beating them every single match that was 15v15 until we got them down to one territory left in our backfield. Bolt went over and told them that the only reason they were there is from cheating. They agreed to pull their remaining stack up (it was only a matter of time before we took them out anyway).

Back to normal right? Nope. The next week IR-2 got through. We were probably playing some of the worst tank matches in the history of Forge at this point. I’m just not sure what the hell was going on. The night before, we beat IR-2 15-2. It wasn’t even close.

Comms were meh but we were playing really well, just not consistently. Our arty at the time was pretty ridiculous. (Kraaken, Opsearhead, Grunvagr, Justadog)

We lost Duba a couple more times, UN/ACA but contained it and got it back under control quickly. ACA broke through pretty close to the end of Forge and we beat them 8 times in a row to kick them out of our territory and reclaim the Duba landing.

I say the end of “Forge” because a lot of people have forgotten about the whole Havok, Havok-X debacle.

V. The falling of "The Walmart of World of Tanks"/Closing of Forge, only to rise again, stronger than ever.

My ever so nice sig to piss people off that weren't in NASA:
Posted Image

Then the whole WKA thing, where they kept calling us nerds and what not:
Posted Image

At this point I was getting super burned out. I was leading, doing diplomacy, doing payouts, doing just about everything you could think of for running this monster and I was getting tired of it. I knew if I left at this point, Forge would fall apart. Sure we would prolly hang on and be around, but not as successful (I’m not tooting my own horn, but even most of the officers and members would tell you, if I had left at that point, we were done). I’m going to try and move through this next part quickly, as you can see, this story is a quite long.

NASA had been working on a “charter” that all clans would have to abide by. It looked like something out of a legal government document; you can’t make this crap up people. Part of this charter was deciding your clans “Worth”. Of course every clan thought their clan was worth the most gold and thus the in fighting had started. MLP was demanding that they get 25k gold a day, because when they came into NASA, that’s what they told everyone (Read: Rumncolt) that that’s what they would need to sustain their 3 active teams at all times (hearing from former MLP people about how inactive MLP really was at the time is friggin L O L).

So with me being burnt out, ready to bail, Bolt and Rum came up with a great idea. Oh by the way, Rum had left BG at this point and formed Havok. Havok was not officially voted into NASA yet, but they were working closely with it (Rum was still running the meetings). Ok, this leads me to one of the funnier parts of NASA and one of the most awkward silences. This needs to be said so I can elaborate on why the BG hate later on for us. So Baku was held by MLP a while back. MLP as a gesture of goodwill and a thanks to Rumncolt for running the NASA meetings and doing all the extra diplomacy stuff MLP gave BG Baku. When Rum left BG, MLP wanted Baku back. In this one nightly NASA meeting (btw NASA met EVERY SINGLE NIGHT at 7PMEST to discuss clears and moves etc) MLP told BG that they wanted Baku back as it was a gift to Rum for doing all the work for NASA. BG was like, oh hell nooooooo. MLP asked BG if they were refusing to give Baku back and if they were prepared for what would happen if they didn’t hand it back *crickets* awkward silence *pin drop*. I can only assume that BG was discussing amongst them selves what to do. They stated they needed a day to think about it and MLP said well, you can think about it, but we are taking it back tomorrow night, by force or not. BG the next night said they would give up Baku without a fight.

Ok, so onto the Forge/Havok thing. Rumncolt and Bolt had worked out a deal. Havok would “merge” with Forge to create a super power clan. We would have Havok and Havok-X. We pitched it to the members of Forge and everyone was excited and on board with it at the time. Yes you read that right, Havok would merge with the “Forge gaming community”. We would take on the Havok tags and logos until WG put the ability to swap them over to [Forge]. I wasn’t involved in placement of where people would go, but it pissed just about every single person in Forge off. We were told that officers from Forge would be in BOTH Havok and Havok-X. Rum’s idea was to keep all the battle leaders in Havok and put dummy accounts with clan wars tanks in them so battle leaders could run battles for Havok-X. Forge was being split up and it seemed Havok was not. There were a lot more Forge members in Havok-X than Havok members. There were no leaders being put in Havok-X and my guys felt like they were being treated like the JV subclan of Havok. A lot of my guys were ready to leave. We did a bunch of clan wars stuff for about a week and the whole merge was not how it was pitched to us AT ALL. Lots and lots of complaints from my guys. I felt terrible. I felt like I let everyone down. This was prolly one of the lowest points for me in the game. I had to make this right. The situation was a lot more dyer than I am making it appear. People were fuurrrrrrious.

On the back side of things, Havok was accepted into NASA and got their vote. Each clan in the alliance had a single vote, no matter how many subdivisions you had. So when you voted on something, you would have 1 vote per clan. IE: Kick a clan out, vote to put a clan on the NASA crap list, put a clan on the friend list etc etc etc.

Rums plan was to build Havok into this monster clan so that they had the same or more Clan War tanks than MLP/AOD. So a lot of my guys that only had 1-2 CW tanks were tossed into Havok-X, no matter how good they were. The reason why Rum wanted this was because the gold system NASA was coming up with was based on how many teams you could field and how many LZs you could cover. That meant more gold for you. Again, gold and power corruption.

We were getting down to crunch time and Rum was really pressing for Havok to take over all kinds of land and lay claim to all of Forge’s old territory without even consulting with NASA. Havok-X was moving in as fast as we could to take up all of Forge’s old territory. You see, NASA had laid out it’s boundaries and the property you were in, was NASA property to be distributed as NASA saw fit. So what Rum did was basically a land grab of all of Forge’s old turf (when in reality it should have been turned over to NASA and voted on to see who got it). This pissed a lot of NASA clans off.

Getting back to how pissed off my guys were… Long story short, it was almost a full scale AOD-X mutiny. I had to do something. I failed my guys and needed to make it right. About this time, Rum disappeared completely. He had some RL issues he needed to address we were told by Boots (second in charge, friend of Rum). So Boots took over. Boots is a really quiet guy and I think he was not prepared for having to do this, so he took off too and left Nikon/Sarge/Others in charge of everything. So now, I had reason to leave. I told Havok we were pulling out of the merge and moving back to Forge. I then told my guys drop tags, join Forge. You’d think we would have lost a ton of guys, but all but 1-2 guys rejoined. The ones that didn’t had quit playing.

We were Forge again. Now what? I had to go to the NASA meeting and plead my case to the Clans and tell them what we were promised, what we really got and why Forge should be allowed to get back into the alliance and resume all of our lands. Some of the clans stalled but when they saw the overwhelming support to have Forge back after what had happened, they either agreed or abstained to vote and let us back in. Forge was back. And we took back all of our territory in the Middle East.

It was about this time we caught wind of MLP telling clans to constantly hit us in Duba. We were also told AOD was telling clans to hit us as well (could never prove that was only verbal with AOD. With MLP we had screen shots which they denied tooth and nail). It was becoming clear that AOD and MLP were forming their power block to try and sway votes their way. When MLP/AOD voted on something, you could bet that RS/WOLF/ROTA/AOD/MLP/SSGS would all vote together. Also, you could tell that we had our own little power block too. PANZ/FORGE/HAVOK/RELIC/SG/BG would vote together as well. I told Loz, watch this power play this week. I said, MLP is going to ask for 25k gold per day and AOD main is going to ask for 25K a day since they are just as good/better than MLP. When everyone refuses, they will pull out of the alliance and end NASA basically. Scharm from RS was having some back and forths with Loz about how terrible this power play was and that he didn’t feel right being told by MLP/AOD to vote how they voted.

Most of us just wanted everyone to get an equal share. MLP didn’t think most of the scrub clans (the ones not voting with them) deserved a lot of gold and they did all the work and deserved the most. The funny part was, MLP had us written down as currently making 14k a day and had us on the new plan making 11k a day (We were really making 9.5k a day so it was win win for us, lol). Even with that, it would have put Relic and RS making like 8k a day.

BG started changing it’s tune a bit in some of these meetings and it became very clear they were siding with the MLP/AOD block. At this point, Voth stepped down as diplo and Friction1957 took back over. He did a great job stalling, that’s for sure. He told us that he was have to propose a vote to his members to see if they were willing to take less than 25k a day. He said he would let us know in 48 hours. A lot of clans really thought they were voting on this and would come back and say, yeah we will work with NASA. I told Loz, aint nooo way. He’s buying time to get the people he wants on board with leaving totally onboard.

Sure enough, 48 hours up, right before the meeting starts MLP has an announcement. The announcement was MLP/AOD/ROTA/WOLF/SSGS and BG (I knewwwww iiiittttt) were leaving NASA. Those clans all left Goons TS and we all felt defeated. It was like… sighhhhhhhh.

At this point, I knew if we could keep the Goons on our side we would have SG/Forge/PANZ/HAVOK/MS-W/NDP/RELIC/RS/503rd. We could wipe the floor with them with that line up. What I didn’t bank on was the Goons going with MLP because of all the run ins they’d had in NASA meetings. But the wildcard here was AOD. The Goons had fought AOD for a long time and really had no gripes with them. So they decided to put up with MLP and join that side of the fence because of AOD. This sucked. This took the wind out of my sails. But it also pissed me off to no end.

We decided to form a mini alliance with the folks that were left. Relic couldn’t really do much as they were tied so closely with MS-W/NDP. They remained friends and neutral. RS decided to go neutral as well. So it left SG/PANZ/HAVOK/FORGE/503rd. This seemed like an easy mark for the new super power alliance right? Lol, wrong.

I told my guys, pack your stuff and dust off your rags boys, we are pulling out of the desert and going after the head of the snake.

Posted Image

We worked with a lot of clans to go after that new alliance and yall saw the map change so much. But inevitably MLP would fall. At this time, Forge was playing some of the best tanks we have ever played. We picked up about 7 guys from APB who are rock solid and amazing players. There was a lot of forum trolling at this time between me and Xpedience. Some of my most glorious and terrible phoshops came out of the war with MLP. Beating them on Sand River in the SS below was a huge morale boost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(No I'm not from Canada! This pic was taken after a buddy from Quebec sent me some maple syrup, I photoshopped with the MLP pic, lol)
Posted Image

We got to have some fun messing with AOD when CW shutdown the first time. This is when I started making pics with territories...
Posted Image

We were the last clan to fight them before they completely imploded. We beat Bad Company on Steppes (Xpedience was in that battle and said “I wanted to win this more than you will ever know” it was obvious why, because the next night, MLP folded). Score one for the scrubs! At this time, we tried to work a bit with RS and SSGS. SSGS didn’t know at the time that we were working with OTG/RPM/FCF/PC and they let us know what their boundaries would become after MLP land grab was all said and done. Red Sky grabbed a bunch of land up North before we could get to it and it pissed a lot of my guys off. They had sat neutral with MLP while we fought and beat them. I had to tell my guys to stfu and not worry about it and if they wanted to start a war with RS, I would leave Forge. That seemed to settle everyone down.

We set our sights on SSGS. The first couple fights were back and forth. Once we broke through we sprayed mostly 15 stacks and I think Yawh tossed a few smaller stacks out. We were able to field 3 teams at the same time and began to gobble up their territory as Brute Squad and PC hit them from the sides. Now, SSGS will tell you that they got hit by 4 clans at the same time and just couldn’t sustain that kind of chips stacked at them. I was told by them, that they could field 3 teams at the same time since they absorbed BPN. Brute Squad only hit them a few times then had to deal with their own mess up North. We kind of cock blocked PC from hitting SSGS towards the end of the war verse them so it was clan v clan. As I said, we were playing ridiculously well. Like comms were tight. The strats were amazing. People were making shots and not being stupid. We were dominating on maps we had never played before, it was a lot of fun.

SSGS was down to a couple properties and we thought they were gonna fight us tooth and nail. They showed up for the encounter battle on one of their properties (it was Malinovka our weakest map, we were terrible!). I ran this goofy ass 4 medium tank strat and we ended up beating them. They didn’t show up for the final battle and let us and the community know they were pulling off the map.

We were sitting at about 18.6k a day at this point and the running joke whenever we would beat people from old NASA was “You should have took the 8.333k”. That was the base amount of gold the lesser clans were told they had to take, lololol.

Posted Image

There was a lot of animosity after the SSGS thing between us. The forums are a terrible thing. Everything was always classy on the battlefield, on the forums, not so much :> They were a fun group to fight and kept us re-thinking a lot of our strats. They helped us developed some of the best Ensk defense/offense strats.

I got to send out MAD props to Yawh at this point in the story. Without him for the diplo/chip mastermind stuff as well as hand our treasury, land battles, we would have fallen on our faces. He did so much behind the scenes. A lot of people do not even know who he is, but he is one of teh vertebrae in the backbone of Forge. Thank you Yawh! Oh he also developed some Komarin strats and all of the Ensk ones.

VI. The Sky, it is Red and it’s falling.

I decided to approach Red Sky and ask what they planned on doing. I sent off a forum message to Scharn from Red Sky:

BarrooM
Sent Nov 18 2011 - 18:37
I just got wind that you guys left the "colation". Did they tell you that you guys couldn't move east or something?

I really don't like the direction this little alliance is heading. I sent Armsdealer a message asking if if he wanted to do an RS/FORGE/SSGS thing, but he seems content on continuing the fight against us.

scharnhorst310
Sent Nov 18 2011 - 23:42
Yeah i'm completely against the SG alliance now. It was me personally who went to jern and the amount of disrespect shown took me by surprise. Not to mention their are a number of clans that can barely tie their shoes without help, let alone fight a war like this... but that is their choice. We became friends for the sole purpose to move west as that is what hokies told me would be required.

I know we feel we are at a bit of a crossroads at the moment. I can promise that no decision on anything has been made. I wish I could give an idea of what we are leaning towards but it changes everyday now, so saying anything other than that would be a complete fabrication. I've been a big proponent of going to you guys for A LONG TIME trying to arrange an alliance between RS, SSGS, and Forge. Just always seemed like it could never work out especially with SG alliance seemingly doing so well.

I know Arms isn't particularly happy with us because he felt we left them out to dry... he is fully aware now of our distaste with the SG alliance...

We have various options on the table at the moment, from packing our shit and leaving, to going through SG alliance, attacking forge, or going into northern and southern scandinavia. Their is no animosity towards Forge, just as their isn't any real animosity towards 5cad, and IR.
I will keep in contact and will talk to you tomorrow Barroom, later man
Scharn

Now after these messages. I went back and asked them in their TS, do you guys plan on attacking us and was told “Not at this time. We don’t know what we are going to be doing” 24 hours later from the TS convo, I get Mako from Red Sky into our TS and he tells me that RS is going to be attacking Forge. As you can imagine, I was pissed. I called him, Red Sky and Scharn a bunch of liars. I also went on to tell them how stupid they were for not just having friendly battles with us and collecting gold. I let em know if it was a war they want it was a war they would get. He said they were giving us a 48 hour notice. I called him some more choice names and booted/banned him and Scharm from Forge TS. (I did later apologize to them both. Scharm is a really nice guy. I later found out it was Gomez and another that had a boner for us).
I could go into the gory details of this war, but as the map showed and many would agree, we won this war. We were winning our battles verse Red Sky 3:1. And towards the end, it was almost 4:1. During this time SSGS tried to hit us from the bottom while we were fighting RS. They didn’t have capital in hand and we fought them on Steppes IIRC and sent them packing. I’ll never get why they came back in through there. They said they were going someplace warmer… lol? Anyway, they re-landed up North and pushed through a friendly clan to them STFU. They currently still reside up there.

During this time, I was running our 5v5 NA tourney team as well. Thank god we rolled through those tourney battles and were ready for clan wars every night of the tourney. We would end the matches and be like, let’s go, clan wars battle in 15 mins! Placing in a WoT tourney was another goal of mine. In my opinion we won that damn tourney. We went 19 wins 0 Losses 1 draw up until the final. The final was verse a team that hard camped the map for 7 minutes then pushed, so it was 5 draws an a “loss” for both teams.

WG decided to give us both second place and give us each 5k gold. I still think it would have been given to the team with the best record and least amount of draws. We won every match 3-0 in less than 6 mins per match up until that final (we had 1 draw with 7AD). But goal met, none the less.

Red Sky was down to 3 territories and we occupied all of their old land plus most of our old stuff in the South. At this point we started having issues with encounter battles and having teams for 8:30EST encounters. We decided it would be best to try somewhere in the later time zone. England looked good, but it can be a pain to defend by your self. Italy was looking fun too. I wanted to go help our old pals Relic get their LZs stable. I think we landed in like 3 places that night Kanino/Corsica and Netherlands?
One of my last standing goals was to take back Dauphine. As I said earlier in the story, it was the straw that broke the camels back and why we created Forge. I also thought it would be fun to fight VPG whom I didn’t know anything about, except what they posted on the boards. We had some really good fights in France and we were playing pretty well.
One thing I have always loved about Forge is our ability to just pick a spot and push people out of the way. We never used to be this consistent.
With Dauphine off my checklist, I turned my sights at BG. Now I get that it’s not really the same players in BG, but seeing the symbol next to me on the map brought up some pretty bad blood and a score I felt that needed to be settled starting from the day of CW, to the Middle East drama. BG was good sports in all of the battles but we plowed over them (sorry to put it like that, but it really wasn’t even close). We ended up picking up a ton of Brute Squad guys too. They fit right in just like the CORE guys did. Perfect fit imo.

Here's a video I promised Dirge from KBEAR I would post. It was one of our first runs at an Ensk defense when we were over in Russia. Was while we were fighting SSGS. We were down about 5 tanks pretty early on due to that crazy railroad push. But as you can see, we didn't panic and just focus fired and alteranted between different tanks on the cap to keep resetting.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=T8rU-CKk7pw

We were trying to figure out our next move when clan wars went down and here we sit. Forge has been through some pretty tough times and some pretty awesome times. I would say more awesome than tough. Our motto holds true to this day...

"The toughest steel is forged in the hottest fire"

I could list the amount of awesome people that I (and FORGE) have become friends with over the course of playing this game but I think it would be just as long as this lame story :>

Most of you know who you are :>

If you made it this far, I'm amazed, thanks for reading.

Fun with Forge. I've got a ton of stupid events videod where we handed out gold in Forge to keep things fun.

Turn your volume down!!! I'm loud as hell.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LydYxifOnLE

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And I leave you with a song!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YkTpl0Z70DU

View PostYankee, on Jan 05 2012 - 21:24, said:

I've never understood your hard on for the Baku incident. You always leave out the part over Baku, where I stated BG's position, and asked for support from the other members of the alliance. Panzac, and Panzac alone, came to our defense.  The pin drop moment was not a sign of weakness from BG, but from the rest of you. It was going to be an alliance breaking moment if we refused, so we stood down when asked by the Chair to, in the interest of the alliance.

It was a tough decision to break away, particularly because of our long standing relationship with Panzac and SG. We decided to ride with AoD.

Your disdain for BG puzzles me, as I also recall BG clearing out both England and Israel for you on mutiple occasions, then gracefully walking away. I dont ever recall Forge returning the favor. Your thanks was to then later map an obviously weakened BG in France after -G- Split away.

Internet tanks though, I'm not mad at ya, just living in my own reality.

If you recall, about that time, you guys were nickel and diming us over a couple 120g territories that were between us (Also I recall Nopants and I getting into it over something trivial). At the time, I was drinking the Rumncolt coolaid and was told if we (NASA) got you guys to refuse to release Baku that you would become enemies of NASA. Guess what that would have done for us? Got us a lot more gold/property than we were sitting on. This was the sole reason I never backed you guys on the Baku incident. Looking back, it was a kind of crappy position for us to take. To be clear, I never took what you guys did as a sign of weakness. I knew you were doing it so that it wouldn't cause a major headache with NASA. You have to remember, this was when Havok split from you guys and tthe talks were underway for us to join Havok-X. We all know how that turned out.

As far as attacking a weaker BG (I made it clear that we knew it was a weaker clan when -G- split off. But, the name was the same and the name was something I despised, going all the way back to my AOD-X days). Yall cleared Sinai of GVN for us when we had about 35 chips (when we first joined the SA). England was when Rum was still with you guys and you were clearing it out for some "personal goal" and for us to move in behind you guys. I remember Rum saying something about England meaning a lot to you guys for some reason.

It is what it is. As I said, this will piss some people off :>

Deadly_Stealth #4 Posted Jan 05 2012 - 21:49

Captain

• Players
  • 10429 battles
Baroom this is a long and cool story. Fun to read on my blackberry at work lol. So uh hey I miss cw...

url0rd #5 Posted Jan 05 2012 - 22:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 27671 battles
A great read!  Thanks so much for sharing your story, good luck to you in ToR!

AntonioHandsome #6 Posted Jan 05 2012 - 22:09

Major

• Players
  • 17015 battles
  • [SEAMN] SEAMN
Barroom you can't write for shit, get out.

Hobbiton #7 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 00:27

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2525 battles
  • [MS-W] MS-W
Holy shit.

You're playing SWTOR??

Ditusx #8 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 00:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 13446 battles
  • [-GO-] -GO-
Nice story, I cant believe i read the whole thing...

Take it easy man... it was good to have u around, even though we had our problems, now we look back and laugh.. gg

ionviol2 #9 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 02:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18641 battles
  • [RTRD] RTRD
MLP folded because of the greed of a handful of idiots, not because of FORGE. True story.

shaneholl #10 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 02:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 22256 battles

View Postionviol2, on Jan 06 2012 - 02:05, said:

MLP folded because of the greed of a handful of idiots, not because of FORGE. True story.

If FORGE and that alliance didn't exist... MLP wouldn't have a reason to fold in the first place :) I wasn't in MLP though so if you say there were idiots running it I'll take your word for it, but you can't give them all of the credit lol

Gyarados #11 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 02:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 14368 battles
Nice read to be honest, extremely well detailed. It's interesting the read the story about AOD-X, since I didn't know what happened, although I've never heard a version from Lex or Caruthers to be honest, I just know what Forge came out and at one point was AOD-X.

I will say this though, you guys coming into France and essentially breaking our backs, I won't lie, it's how it's been, has shown a lot of problems that VPG had and a few members left because of it, but we've taken some proper measures to ensure that we can have more solid members playing the game and enjoying UC with us. I actually have to thank you guys for beating us, even if you guys did do some trolling in the matches that made some of my guys feel a little sour, but I have to thank you because it exposed fundamental weaknesses within VPG that we've been able to correct.

Now that I'm done being bad at posting, I'm going to go be bad at Frenching.

Farva1 #12 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 03:18

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 20616 battles

View Postshaneholl, on Jan 06 2012 - 02:18, said:

If FORGE and that alliance didn't exist... MLP wouldn't have a reason to fold in the first place :) I wasn't in MLP though so if you say there were idiots running it I'll take your word for it, but you can't give them all of the credit lol

Yes you can.  MLP fell apart not because of any action in CW or in the game itself.  It fell apart from the inside like so many clans before it.  Leaders start to show up less and less.  The ones that did show up consistently were left holding the bag.  Burnout is a bitch in this game.

I know this I was there.

Mow_Mow #13 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 03:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12060 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
There's also the part where WG changed the rules on us because NASA seemed so successful, that's always a bummer. When you view yourself near the top, changes that affect you negatively tend to be looked at as a direct insult.

Relics #14 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 04:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12344 battles
  • [JQ] JQ
It is cute that he doesn't ever state that we were the cause of MLP breaking, yet you can't help bringing up every one of your usual excuses to quickly defend yourselves.

(If I missed something other than the statement that we were the last fight they had Ill be happy to retract that statement)

shaneholl #15 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 04:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 22256 battles
Just making a joke don't take it seriously guys

AntonioHandsome #16 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 04:44

Major

• Players
  • 17015 battles
  • [SEAMN] SEAMN
FORGE landed, MLP disbanded.

Mow_Mow #17 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 05:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12060 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostAntonioHandsome, on Jan 06 2012 - 04:44, said:

FORGE landed, MLP disbanded.

The body odor was too much. True story :P

Op2 #18 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 05:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10669 battles
Very nice read! Thanks for sharing your story. I will translate and post it in the Vietnamese forum.

AntonioHandsome #19 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 05:51

Major

• Players
  • 17015 battles
  • [SEAMN] SEAMN

View PostMow_Mow, on Jan 06 2012 - 05:31, said:

The body odor was too much. True story :P

It was nice as long as there was gold. But then Voth happened, and it started to stink.

Mow_Mow #20 Posted Jan 06 2012 - 06:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12060 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostAntonioHandsome, on Jan 06 2012 - 05:51, said:

It was nice as long as there was gold. But then Voth happened, and it started to stink.

The aroma of gold was enough to mask the stench of ten thousand egos. :Smile-bajan2::Smile-bajan2:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users