Introducing the World of Tanks Gift Shop

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
574 replies to this topic

_Riven #561 Posted Mar 07 2012 - 01:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostT_Bo, on Mar 05 2012 - 20:54, said:

Gift shop = fail anyway, what this game needs is a trading post for vehicles, gold, and consumables.

View PostRedPrince42, on Mar 06 2012 - 11:41, said:

I still want to see the ability to gift gold directly to a clan treasury so that wealthier clan members can have a way to help out less fortunate members who don't have a way to get gold. This is usefull for clans that don't have provinces on the Global map.

Trading post would not work as a new player with heaps of gold could buy someone else's E100 thus circumventing the whole learning process of going through the tree's. We would have tier 10's rushing the base and having no idea what sort of strategy to use... of wait we have that already lol.
Trading post for everything bar the tanks themselves would be cool - buy 500 gold rounds for a tank, sell tank and have rounds collecting dust - trade them to someone else for more than half of what the credit conversion would be = win.

Gift gold to a clan treasury would be good but would involve a lot of work on the dev's side I think. It could be done but I think it would be something they would consider in the future. I mean they still need to work out how they are going to bring the M6a2e1 back in and keep everyone happy... o_O
Gift shop looks very sparse still.

RedPrince42 #562 Posted Mar 08 2012 - 17:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Post_Riven, on Mar 07 2012 - 01:30, said:

Gift gold to a clan treasury would be good but would involve a lot of work on the dev's side I think. It could be done but I think it would be something they would consider in the future. I mean they still need to work out how they are going to bring the M6a2e1 back in and keep everyone happy... o_O
Gift shop looks very sparse still.
As it stands, you can gift gold to a friend or a fellow clan member. I don't see why it should be so difficult to add the clan treasury as an option. Maybe it is, but I don't know. If all the normal purchasing options are offered in the gift shop, you'd be more likely to see a dozen or so members spending $7 to give the clan 1250 gold than you would a single member spending $30 or more for the higher levels. That actually works out in favor of WoT economically, as I've mentioned once before a dozen or more pages back.

(And, to be greedy like everyone else, I added in that post that I'd welcome a reward for the idea that could enrich them . . . . such as a free $100 worth of gold for the KRT treasury -- but I don't expect them to offer this, even though it would give them a lot of cash, since they seem to be ignoring the gift shop completely, so I don't actually expect any reward).

prince_machiavelli #563 Posted May 02 2012 - 03:08

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostNytherr, on Jan 11 2012 - 13:12, said:

Don't you love that and realize that you got that tank for free? You should even be thankful that you got it for free and received another free tank (For those who bought Pre-Order Packages and for the Beta Testers)??? Now there would be more people who will buy gold, buy that tank, and the money goes to WG that will support the company and its games? And that will keep its games running. They might as well develop a new game other than WoWP and WoB. My guess is a first person shooter game, set in World War II.

Now now children, be good, don't be greedy, share your tanks. I don't want to end up patting your bums, and you don't like that don't you? :rolleyes:

^ This.

I know its a bit different but I missed out on getting the T34 as a free premium because I didn't choose to go U.S. heavy line. Everyone in my clan that got one (for free i.e. a $50 benefit) was stoked because it is a good credit earner and can be fun to play. So I shelled out the $50 and bought one. I also own a Type 59 and a Löwe, as well as several Tier V and below premiums, so I didn't need another credit earner. I like playing them, and I like buying them.

Why not put the M6A2E1, Panz V/IV and so on back for sale? The people that got one originally got it for free, so they still win. Then those others who are willing to pay at least have the option of playing the tank - rather than it simply being unavailable. I can understand that if a tank starts taking over battles (like the Type did), then it should be removed from the store or have its price increased. This is a matter of gameplay balance which should always trump other considerations.

Nathiuz #564 Posted May 03 2012 - 02:00

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postprince_machiavelli, on May 02 2012 - 03:08, said:

Stuff
Are you suggesting that Wargaming go against their promise to those players?

prince_machiavelli #565 Posted May 03 2012 - 04:46

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostNathiuz, on May 03 2012 - 02:00, said:

Are you suggesting that Wargaming go against their promise to those players?

What was their promise exactly? A link to it or something would be good. The way I see it, if it was an 'exclusive offer' then there is no reason 1 year later they can't re-release the tanks. And why should the people that got them care if other people use them?

jo2special #566 Posted May 03 2012 - 05:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Well, those tanks are currently available at the SEA server up to May 11, 2012.

Edited by jo2special, May 03 2012 - 05:10.

mizaralcor #567 Posted May 03 2012 - 16:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postprince_machiavelli, on May 03 2012 - 04:46, said:

What was their promise exactly? A link to it or something would be good. The way I see it, if it was an 'exclusive offer' then there is no reason 1 year later they can't re-release the tanks. And why should the people that got them care if other people use them?

This was the promise : http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qjrcccTN-HQ. The 3 tanks were originally offered in the gift store, but due to negative player feedback regarding WG breaking their promise, WG was forced to pull them out. As such, we wouldn't likely ever see those 3 tanks in NA and EU servers IMO.

View Postjo2special, on May 03 2012 - 05:07, said:

Well, those tanks are currently available at the SEA server up to May 11, 2012.

The 3 pre-order exclusive tanks are available in RU and SEA gift shops because they were never promised to be pre-order exclusive tanks for those servers, only in NA and EU.

prince_machiavelli #568 Posted May 04 2012 - 00:20

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postmizaralcor, on May 03 2012 - 16:00, said:

This was the promise : http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qjrcccTN-HQ. The 3 tanks were originally offered in the gift store, but due to negative player feedback regarding WG breaking their promise, WG was forced to pull them out. As such, we wouldn't likely ever see those 3 tanks in NA and EU servers IMO. The 3 pre-order exclusive tanks are available in RU and SEA gift shops because they were never promised to be pre-order exclusive tanks for those servers, only in NA and EU.

Right so he did say that people wouldn't be able to buy them, but I still think they should be able to offer them. There are four reasons:

1. Often when a game is released it has a 'special collectors edition' (e.g. Fallout New Vegas) or something similar where if you pre-order it you get special items. One year after release, Bethesda released DLC containing those exclusive items. No one cared. Releasing them now, at price, will simply enhance the game play experience for everyone without really taking any benefit away from those that did the pre-order because they still got their tanks for free.

2. It is good to come up against other people driving the same tank as you. It forces you to play tactically because you each have the same strengths and weaknesses. If you are driving an E-75 and you come face to face with another, it can be nerveracking because you know he can pen your lower glacis just as easily as you can pen his. When you win it is awesome because you can say to yourself (however unfairly) "I am a better E-75 driver than you". It is part of the sense of achievement that accompanies these games. What is great with the variety of tanks is the difference in their strengths and weaknesses. By not having certain tanks available, we are all (including those with the pre-order tanks) missing out on this element.

3. Perhaps, at least in the case of the M6A2E1, if it was made generally available, then it would be given credit earning capacity similar to other Tier VIII heavies (so the pre-order folks would win again)

4. For those with the pre-order tanks who object to them being released again: do you honestly play these pre-order tanks somuch that it would really bother you? Or is it a tank that you might do your daily double on and then forget about while you are grinding something more important? It's an MMO. Things change. Stop hogging all the fun :)

Cheers.

Edited by prince_machiavelli, May 04 2012 - 00:46.

mizaralcor #569 Posted May 04 2012 - 01:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
It is probably a bit unfair to compare it with Fallout New Vegas as an example. If you noticed, most game players won't complain against items/content that were stated to be preorder exclusive, but then re-released at a later date, if the game is a single-player game. Many other single-player games besides New Vegas had done the same thing, yet there wasn't much complaint or uproar of devs breaking their promises.

The reason is, part of the incentive of owning a pre-order exclusive items is the bragging rights you can have for owning a rare item. Such bragging rights is a bit moot when it comes to single-player games, for obvious reason. In multiplayer games including WoT though, bragging rights of owning a limited-edition or rare item will always be relevant as you're playing against other people, in a community.

The main argument usually stated by owners of these preorder-exclusive tanks is that, some of them would not have bought the more expensive preorder editions if they knew the preorder tanks would not be exclusive anymore in the future. A bit difficult to argue against this reasoning tbh.

Edited by mizaralcor, May 04 2012 - 01:54.

prince_machiavelli #570 Posted May 04 2012 - 04:29

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Yep I'll admit Fallout isn't the best analogy...but I guess my point is they are still receiving a benefit and they have had exclusive access to the tanks for more than a year. Legally speaking, WG has the right to do whatever they want with the tanks in the game. They could substitue the pre-order tanks with special ediiton Loltraktors if they wanted to...of course the pre-order folks would not be happy about this. if they want bragging rights, why don't the developers just develop a special skin or a badge or something that the pre-order folks can have? Then their personal goals can be satisfied and we can get the tanks into the game, satisfying the majority of players who I am sure would like to see them.

I think that 'bragging rights' are a bit...selfish...for justifying leaving playable tanks out of the game.

Any disagreement with the other 3 reasons I gave?

Fidsquid #571 Posted May 04 2012 - 14:03

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The folowing is my opinion only and my 2 cents on the  matter.

When the offer was put to us in the beta, I was not in a position to get any of the offers. I did so badly want to get my hands on a Mutant Six, but those pesky things like rent and food got in the way (damn my addiction to eating).  Then I saw they were going into the giftshop and  I was happy, thought Friday is payday willl get it then. Friday comes, pay comes, but tank is gone... WTF.  Then I see the boards, the crybabies were out  and had denied me yet again in my quest for the Mutant Six.

I say put them up for sale. For the ones crying "broken promice" and "exclusive rights",  i say this to you .... PLAY THE DAMN THINGS!  we all know that most of them were sold long ago and that the rest of them are covered in thick coats of dust.

If you want "bragging rights"  to having these tanks, then put them into battle and show it off.  Otherwise no one knows that you have it and there is no bragging.

So again WG put them in the store and rake in my cash. If you are going to put them for sale on the RU and SEA servers since there was no "exclusive promice" made
there, then it is only fair that I see a KV-220 for sale here for the same reason.

GIVE ME MORE TANKS!

SilverSteel #572 Posted Aug 11 2012 - 16:49

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
ONE WORD FOR GIFT SHOP

PAYPAL !!!!!

Giganaut #573 Posted Aug 21 2012 - 11:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSilverSteel, on Aug 11 2012 - 16:49, said:

ONE WORD FOR GIFT SHOP

PAYPAL !!!!!

they have paypal for it. it was in the other section for a while during the type62 sale due to the overload

Sirrock #574 Posted Nov 01 2012 - 15:11

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
ONE WORD FOR GIFT SHOP

RIPOFF!!!!!

who in their right mind would pay those prices! The exchange rate is OUTRAGEOUS! I will never use it..............

Jack_Ice #575 Posted Nov 01 2012 - 17:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGiganaut, on Aug 21 2012 - 11:07, said:

they have paypal for it. it was in the other section for a while during the type62 sale due to the overload

I was going to buy a gift for a friend and quess what no Paypal just Playspan :Smile-angry:  fuck that bullshit