Jump to content


Tiger II equipment


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

vince_grant #41 Posted Oct 01 2010 - 22:59

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 222
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010
The turret isn't really necessary to upgrade, its more a matter of taste. Personally i prefer the stock one because it turns way faster.

__SNIPER__74 #42 Posted Oct 01 2010 - 23:11

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25383 battles
  • 6,275
  • [F--H] F--H
  • Member since:
    07-18-2010

View Postvince_grant, on Oct 01 2010 - 22:59, said:

The turret isn't really necessary to upgrade, its more a matter of taste. Personally i prefer the stock one because it turns way faster.

But it looks all wrong. :)

Aesthetics count for something no?

blilov #43 Posted Oct 02 2010 - 04:49

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 192
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
And it has a lot less armor :)

Sander93 #44 Posted Oct 02 2010 - 11:38

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 105
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
Not to mention the +200HP bonus for Henschel turret. :)

Zoijar #45 Posted Oct 11 2010 - 12:45

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
Awesome tank, the King Tiger. Whoever said he was going back to a regular Tiger is, well, talking rubbish. I'm using it fully upgraded (long 105) and it's a blast. My crew is currently at 100% all of them with 94% repair ability (can you pick second skills when these reach 100%? If so, cammo or fire?) For equipment I'm using a spall liner (that 15% HE thingy) and a toolbox (25% faster repair, those tracks click back in place right after they've been shot :) ) The spall liner really works for me. At first half of my tank would go "yellow" at the first few hits or arti shells. Now, I've been at 50% HPs without any damage. No failing turret every second game, no crawling reloads, it's perfect. My third equipment is just a cammo net (from the hummel :) ) for now. I don't really see anything that's worth the money and I have to save up for the VK soon.

As for the guns, I find the long 105 much nicer than the 88. I average out to about +10-15k per battle I think. Between +25k and break-even per battle. I play quite aggressively, so I often end up dead.

vince_grant #46 Posted Oct 11 2010 - 12:52

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 222
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010

View PostZoijar, on Oct 11 2010 - 12:45, said:

Awesome tank, the King Tiger. Whoever said he was going back to a regular Tiger is, well, talking rubbish. I'm using it fully upgraded (long 105) and it's a blast. My crew is currently at 100% all of them with 94% repair ability (can you pick second skills when these reach 100%? If so, cammo or fire?) For equipment I'm using a spall liner (that 15% HE thingy) and a toolbox (25% faster repair, those tracks click back in place right after they've been shot :) ) The spall liner really works for me. At first half of my tank would go "yellow" at the first few hits or arti shells. Now, I've been at 50% HPs without any damage. No failing turret every second game, no crawling reloads, it's perfect. My third equipment is just a cammo net (from the hummel :) ) for now. I don't really see anything that's worth the money and I have to save up for the VK soon.

As for the guns, I find the long 105 much nicer than the 88. I average out to about +10-15k per battle I think. Between +25k and break-even per battle. I play quite aggressively, so I often end up dead.

The vertical gun stabilizer is really worth the money, especially if you plan on keeping the tank.

Sander93 #47 Posted Oct 11 2010 - 17:39

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 105
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010

View PostZoijar, on Oct 11 2010 - 12:45, said:

(can you pick second skills when these reach 100%? If so, cammo or fire?)
Yes, but you can't have more than one of the same skill. So if your first skill is repairing, the second one has to be either firefighting or camo etc.

Quote

I don't really see anything that's worth the money
Vertical stabilizer. Great accuracy while on the move and with the 105, turret rotation while being stationary no longer affects settle time (its like 0.2 of a second to settle after any degree of rotation).

elitesk #48 Posted Oct 12 2010 - 16:09

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 20
  • Member since:
    09-08-2010
Hmm. Got the KT today. Have the KwK43/L71 on it now.
I play it like a TD almost (just a tad more agressive ;-)) and i want the 100+ damage that's in the 105.
Is the KwK45/L52 any good or do I skip and go for the KwK46?

I know the shells are expensive but is it an idea to mount the L52 or do i just research it to get the L68?

vince_grant #49 Posted Oct 12 2010 - 16:41

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 222
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010
I think the first 105mm is worth it over the 88mm. I defenitely noticed an improvement when i switched. But just try it yourself, you need to research it anyway to get the long 105 :)

Sander93 #50 Posted Oct 12 2010 - 17:05

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 105
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
I honestly don't think the L/52 105 is better than the 88. I think it's best to skip it and only upgrade to the L/68 105. Sure, it does 100 more damage per shell, but the penetration is just pathetic, especially with a lot of big tanks rolling around these days. I never really had time to get to know the shortbarrel 105 because the softwipe arrived in the middle of my Tiger II development and I went straight to the L/68 afterwards.
In the end if you don't mind the costs, the 105 L/68 is a lot better than the 88. At least in defensive roles. Only a tad less accuracy than the 88 but it does a lot more damage and the settle time is way better, especially with vertical stabilizer equiped. It's fine on short range too, only you're screwed if your ammo rack takes a hit.

vince_grant #51 Posted Oct 12 2010 - 17:19

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 222
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010
Well the short 105 have only like 3mm less penetration than the 88, but the extra 100 damage per shell is really usefull. When going back to tiger, i often find my self with a target i just shot, having like 5-10% hp left, where with the 105mm, i would have finished him off. The 88 might have a slight advantage when alone, but the second you have a "wingman", the 105 are miles ahead.

Sander93 #52 Posted Oct 12 2010 - 17:28

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 105
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
Yet it has really bad accuracy and I felt it bounces way more than the 88 L/71 does. But like I said, I can't really give solid answers because of my lack of experience with this gun.

vince_grant #53 Posted Oct 12 2010 - 17:39

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 222
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010
0.36 is not bad accuracy imo.

Zoijar #54 Posted Oct 15 2010 - 12:39

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
I thought even the short 105 was better. If I recall correctly, the 88 brought Hetzers down to <10% and the 105 killed them. Also remember that shell diameter affects penetration, so even with similar stats the 105 ought to perform better.

79Maliboo #55 Posted May 09 2011 - 15:55

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8841 battles
  • 33
  • Member since:
    03-03-2011
to bring up an old topic...

general consensus is to use Rammer, Vert Stab mk2, and spal-liner.  Would anyone trade a spal liner for coated optics?  at 460m is it really necessary to have the extra 40m of sight?

Battlecruiser #56 Posted May 11 2011 - 09:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 21391 battles
  • 7,012
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View Post79Maliboo, on May 09 2011 - 15:55, said:

to bring up an old topic...

general consensus is to use Rammer, Vert Stab mk2, and spal-liner.  Would anyone trade a spal liner for coated optics?  at 460m is it really necessary to have the extra 40m of sight?
i use optics. i've been considering the spall liner though but its nice having people pop up immediately if they're moving or out in the open usually before they can even see me




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users