Type 59 In-game Store Removal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1019 replies to this topic

ToothDecay #701 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 01:11

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSarbie, on Jan 13 2012 - 21:33, said:

Posted on page 30 a similar pic, this one is from 30 minutes ago.

Aaawww the Type-59's got owned :P

We dug in at the base, it was like lambs to the slaughter.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Beautiful !!!

Many times I have said before the game starts " dig in and wait for em. u know what they will do".

If we dig in, we win.  If not, reverse the results.

YOU SHOWED ITS THE PLAYER SKILL, NOT THE TANK.

Nuff Said.

hazywater #702 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 01:30

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostToothDecay, on Jan 14 2012 - 01:11, said:

Beautiful !!!

Many times I have said before the game starts " dig in and wait for em. u know what they will do".

If we dig in, we win.  If not, reverse the results.

YOU SHOWED ITS THE PLAYER SKILL, NOT THE TANK.

Nuff Said.
I think the T59 is just fine now, and is comparable to an elite tier 8 medium, but that's a tier 10 match. See the tier 10 heavy tanks and tier 9 mediums?

I doubt this match proves anything about player skill. In fact, this match is THE EXACT REASON  that WG is removing the T59 from the store. See: "This decision has been made to ensure a healthy gameplay balance at higher tiers, and also to encourage a wider variety of tier 8 medium tank usage."

I think removing the T59 is just fixing a symptom and not the root cause, but this screen cap is exactly WG's justification.

ToothDecay #703 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 01:59

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Posthazywater, on Jan 14 2012 - 01:30, said:

I think the T59 is just fine now, and is comparable to an elite tier 8 medium, but that's a tier 10 match. See the tier 10 heavy tanks and tier 9 mediums?

I doubt this match proves anything about player skill. In fact, this match is THE EXACT REASON  that WG is removing the T59 from the store. See: "This decision has been made to ensure a healthy gameplay balance at higher tiers, and also to encourage a wider variety of tier 8 medium tank usage."

I think removing the T59 is just fixing a symptom and not the root cause, but this screen cap is exactly WG's justification.

Everything to do with player skill.

If you don't see that, then stay blind.

The t-59 is no better or worse than any other tank.

Learn how to fight it, or just hide and die.

THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS IN WAR.

If the Russians did NOT have HUGE numbers of T-34's would they have been that effective?

the point is, it's the MM.

NO ONE complains about a 1 v 1 with one, right ?

I have died early in the match many times.  If t-59 is Overpowered, is the tank that kills ME then overpowered ???

This is called logic.

Learn it, make it your friend.

The germans were overpowered BY SHEER NUMBERS OF TANKS just like MM makes happen.

Don't hate the tank, hate MM.

Rangerforever #704 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 02:24

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
its kinda something good and bad
good because this tank will not be available all the time but in events only
bad because this will make hundreds of people buy it the next days and tons of people will buy it in events
so, they still did not make any real improvements
and there a talk about a new premium tank coming soon, so tell me what are you going to do to make me SATISFIED in playing the strategic game

your motto is strategic satisfaction guaranteed :Smile-playing::Smile-izmena:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
These are the images of the new IS-6 which everyone is talking about!!

PROACEX1 #705 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 02:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Cause devs have better things to do then read 30 pages of QQ.
Like work on patches and respond to legitimate concerns. :lol:
Respectfully,
PROACEX1

Sarbie #706 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 02:40

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostToothDecay, on Jan 14 2012 - 01:59, said:

Everything to do with player skill.

If you don't see that, then stay blind.

The t-59 is no better or worse than any other tank.

Learn how to fight it, or just hide and die.

THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS IN WAR.

If the Russians did NOT have HUGE numbers of T-34's would they have been that effective?

the point is, it's the MM.

NO ONE complains about a 1 v 1 with one, right ?

I have died early in the match many times.  If t-59 is Overpowered, is the tank that kills ME then overpowered ???

This is called logic.

Learn it, make it your friend.

The germans were overpowered BY SHEER NUMBERS OF TANKS just like MM makes happen.

Don't hate the tank, hate MM.

Well said  :)

Funny thing on that match was that everyone said let's dig in and the IS-7 driver said "we sit here we die" and he steamed off to the west, 30 sec later he hits the 'help' and is swarmed by the Type-59 wolfpack. I two shot one of them on him as one of my kills.

Type-59 has 3 self destruct buttons on it, know that and your in front. VIDEO.

I don't think they need to remove it. Instead the MM should pick one or two for a match then the queue's for those with Type-59's would blow out to minutes before getting in a match and may make them pick another tank to play, slow down the rate at which credits are earned by limiting it's involvement.

My 5c.

Sarbie

Outlaw_ #707 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 02:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
So if people start buying Lowes are we going to see a campaign to get rid of or nerf that tank? I'm sure the next target will be the French line for their belt fed killer guns as soon as enough people make it to the higher tiers where all the "experienced" players are.

Memnoch1 #708 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 02:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I really had a good laugh at this, Type 59 is OP? Are you freaking kidding me? The only thing OP about the 59 on its own is its ability to make creds. The only thing that makes 59s OP in pubs is the broken MM that just loves to stack teams, 6+ 59s on team one and a weird mix of meds and heavies on team 2  and they call it a balanced match. Now of course the 59 drivers just love forming wolf packs which is no different than any other team stacked mediums forming wolf packs.  So yes there is only one thing wrong with the  59 and that is a broken MM. As for the noobs who cant kill them and are in a tier 7+, learn how to aim and stop your crying.

On a side note. Removing the type 59 from the store is not and will not rebalance the pubs. You will still see crap loads of 59s and you will still see stacked 59s one a team because the devs cant figure out how to fix MM. I mean do you really think those that own them are gonna stop using them? Wake up and smell the coffee.

GhostLeeOne #709 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 03:12

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
This got to be one of the most dumbest solution to deal with a tank that has gotten so many negative views.  Why can't we just get a cap on how many t-59's can be in a match???

rdpirat1911 #710 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 03:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Something's not right here. Last night the origianl post announcing this had well over -160. Now its at 6?

TankerooJack #711 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 03:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
it is OP in vets hand. noobs dont think it's OP need to learn to play to maximize it's effect, or you are just one of those puppet packs I toast everyday.

Pandy #712 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 03:47

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
http://pandycol.com/...oviet-China.gif

jamie7575 #713 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 03:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGhostLeeOne, on Jan 14 2012 - 03:12, said:

This got to be one of the most dumbest solution to deal with a tank that has gotten so many negative views.  Why can't just get a cap on how many t-59's can be in a match???
Exactly all I have ever asked. And I love my 59 but 6 on 1 side and 0 on other is crazy or 12 total combined on both teams. Not sure how the MM is programmed but Id be willing to wait longer for match to start if that means teams are balanced.

JDCollie #714 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 04:10

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostRangerforever, on Jan 14 2012 - 02:24, said:

- Images -

These are the images of the new IS-6 which everyone is talking about!!

Good grief. That thing looks harder to pen than the IS-4.  :Smile-hiding:

CryoVolt #715 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 04:10

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGun_Go_Boom, on Jan 13 2012 - 09:07, said:

Theory 2 - ALL Tier 8 mediums are OP

I screengrabbed the stats from the thread I linked earlier for ease. It clearly shows that as a class, T8 mediums ALL exceed the average win % for tanks.

Posted Image

The only other classes of tank to do this were T5 lights and T7 TDs. And the total number of battles fought by ALL those other "OP class" tanks was only twice the number fought by a single tank- you guessed it  - the Type 59.

I think this is right and incidentally why the old type 59 matchmaking was so absurd.  Tier 8 meds already get really nice matchmaking as it is.

Anyway, Panther II is one of my favorite tanks and purely pubbing I have achieved a very nice win rate in it.  I think it gets good matches.  On the other hand, if it were expanded one battle level, it would be overmatched.  Pershing, although I haven't played it, I think is slightly better.  The gun is very similar given that you should be shooting sides and it has better agility and can hull down better.  Anyway...

JDCollie #716 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 04:15

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSarbie, on Jan 14 2012 - 02:40, said:

I don't think they need to remove it. Instead the MM should pick one or two for a match then the queue's for those with Type-59's would blow out to minutes before getting in a match and may make them pick another tank to play, slow down the rate at which credits are earned by limiting it's involvement.

My 5c.

Sarbie

This is a GREAT idea. Hell, its so good that we should make it so only two premiums of any kind can be in any given match (including the Lowe and Mutant 6 that you own, Sarbie), that way we can kill of the entire premium population.

<_<

Pandy #717 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 04:21

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostJDCollie, on Jan 14 2012 - 04:15, said:

This is a GREAT idea. Hell, its so good that we should make it so only two premiums of any kind can be in any given match (including the Lowe and Mutant 6 that you own, Sarbie), that way we can kill of the entire premium population.

<_<

Fair is fair.  :blink:

So, a platoon of three Types will sit in queue forever or something?

Tanitha #718 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 04:27

Major

• WG Staff
  • 0 battles

View Postrdpirat1911, on Jan 14 2012 - 03:14, said:

Something's not right here. Last night the origianl post announcing this had well over -160. Now its at 6?

The rep on a post can not be adjusted manually, its been close to 0 every time I've visited the thread (often)
The same post on Eu is about +150, and on Ru the same post is about +1100.

http://forum.worldof...-store-removal/
http://forum.worldof...?/topic/256503-

TankMasterVoro #719 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 04:34

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
THIS IDEA SUCKS!!!!!!!
'

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR             GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

jeff1217 #720 Posted Jan 14 2012 - 04:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I think everyone will buy KV5 or LOWe then