No Sound

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

blitzr123 #1 Posted Jan 18 2012 - 07:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 712 battles
Greetings everyone  :Smile_honoring:

As a fan of this game there are times that I have to turn the sound off to this game alot due to early sleepers in my household.  Even with headphones who here doesnt like hearing big booms in our headsets at full volume.  :Smile-playing: Anyway this small and quick guide is for a recent event I had with a player ingame who claimed he was deaf and was wondering how he could know if his shell did any damage or not besides just constantly mousing over the enemy.  I explained it the best I could to him and was grateful of the info I gave him.

Then it hit me...why not stop there?  Why not make a quick guide to help those players who are deaf or play with no sound or at least live in a noisy environment where they cant hear what their crew just said.  I know some of you out there have to turn the sound off, or have a crappy sound card, or that annoying construction worker with the jackhammer outside your bedroom window for who knows what reason why he is out there  :Smile-hiding:

To start off this guide I would like to apologize if there is something like this or not already on the forums...search came up empty.

Anywho when you are firing at your target you will see their icon over their tank.  When a shell hits it will either blink white or black.  If it blinks white it means you have damaged the opponent.  If no hp was reduced when it blinked white then it means you damaged a module or injured/killed a crew member.  When it blinks black it means your shell ricochet or "bounce" off them.  If it doesnt blink then you missed completely.  Very simple.  If your like me and dont like to use mods you can follow this guide but if you like to try one out see the links below to a very useful mod that does the same thing only more!

Quick and easy right?  Hope this helps out that small percentage of gamers out there :Smile_honoring::Smile_honoring:  

Let me know if there is anything I can add  B)   btw this could also be in the game guide and tutorials as well.

EDIT: A link to about Over Target Markers (OTM) Over Target Markers  Thank You 603 for the link.

EDIT 2:  Here is another link to follow that is more detailed than the last plus no russian site to go to  :Smile-hiding:Druid's Icon Mod

Parasprite #2 Posted Jan 18 2012 - 08:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3093 battles
  • [PLOT] PLOT
One little thing: There is no way to identify a "ghost shell" purely using visuals, since it would appear to be a crit.

DrFlankenstein #3 Posted Jan 18 2012 - 09:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12917 battles
  • [SSGS] SSGS
I have no sound for this game, I don't even remember what patch it disappeared, but I don't feel like re downloading it all. Been playing since open beta and didn't know this. Thanks.

blitzr123 #4 Posted Jan 18 2012 - 18:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 712 battles

View PostParasprite, on Jan 18 2012 - 08:40, said:

One little thing: There is no way to identify a "ghost shell" purely using visuals, since it would appear to be a crit.

I havent encountered a ghost shell yet and even if I did I would of thought it was that small chance that my shot went outside the reticle.  Good to know.

603 #5 Posted Jan 19 2012 - 19:18

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 22606 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
A good way is the OTM ( Over Target Markers) they show damge don to a tank and shows the HP and type of tank all the time. That way u don't need to press alt or hover over the tank to see that info

It is in then op
http://forum.worldof..._1#entry1317709

HCallahan #6 Posted Jan 19 2012 - 20:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4138 battles

View Post603, on Jan 19 2012 - 19:18, said:

A good way is the OTM ( Over Target Markers) they show damge don to a tank and shows the HP and type of tank all the time. That way u don't need to press alt or hover over the tank to see that info

It is in then op
http://forum.worldof..._1#entry1317709
Seconded!

blitzr123 #7 Posted Jan 19 2012 - 21:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 712 battles
I'll add that link to my post  :Smile_honoring:  I try not to use mods as much as possible but this one looks nice to have.

sampak #8 Posted Jan 19 2012 - 21:47

Captain

• Players
  • 9115 battles
I'd definitely recommend the OTM mod - it's almost common sense to have access to the damage #s and HP #s on your target, and friendlies. Playing without it is like going back to the stone age for me (almost). I can totally play a match without sound, because of the simple addition of the OTM mod. It helps me know exactly how much damage I did (instead of guessing at percentages) and I also can see who's taking damage on any tank in my view due to the damage figures rising up above their tank on receiving a hit.

While we're talking about useful mods and sound - I'll also mention the "damage indicator" mod. I don't have the link for it, but it lists  individual hits and their damage (including the fire damage you take each 'tick') so you can see if you were indeed hit by 3 tanks at once or 1-shotted by that annoying arty. ;)

blitzr123 #9 Posted Jan 20 2012 - 00:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 712 battles
I wasnt a big fan to trying to mod this game but I just tried the OTM mod for the first time and I am amazed how easy it is that what I wrote.  My win percent and kills per battle went up in just the last hour of using it  :Smile-playing: Not only did my guide help others it helped myself as well  :D