Combat Efficiency

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

TimiBoy #161 Posted Jun 17 2012 - 22:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43967 battles
  • [PIGZ] PIGZ
It's a good measure, but not the be all and end all. Win rate is just as (perhaps more) important.

My Efficiency has moved from 1040 on March 1 2012 (when I started looking at this stuff) to 1180. My win rate has gone from 47% to 50%, the last couple of months (1500 battles?) it has been around the 57% mark.

You can have high efficiency and lose a lot. But if your win rate is high, it means you are influencing the outcome in other ways, eg, tracking an unshootable opponent, slowing a thrust, killing arty, breaking up a formation, causing panic. Many tanks I have claimed as "scared" because they ran away/did something dumb even though all I did was intimidate or confuse them while someone else did the "harming."

A lot of my wins are in AT's, just waiting, and then getting no result but the win because the team did it's job - bad for efficiency. But sometimes, that means you are the last line of defense and you are needed there. T28P case in point. Waited yesterday, town on Oak Ridge (is that the name?) failed. The IS3, T32 and some French piece of crap came through, and I killed 3 in 3 shots. IS3 I did 800+ damage to in one hit! :) Had I been off somewhere else, or killed fighting building to building like so many T28P's do? Loss.

Use efficiency as an indicator, but play for a team win.

aPyro_ #162 Posted Jun 17 2012 - 23:17

Captain

• Players
  • 19835 battles
  • [SPIDY] SPIDY
1880 efficiency. Thank you T-54.

Guest_Gryphon__* #163 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 16:16

Mine is 969, but I have never played above tier VII, so I guess that's all I could hope for. One key piece of information we need is the algorithm for developing this statistic, as without it, it's meaningless.

The_Pugilist #164 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 18:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 6269 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Meh I play as a good player.

CommanderTNT #165 Posted Jun 23 2012 - 23:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 7314 battles
  • [DERP] DERP

View Postpnazermike, on Jun 15 2012 - 22:37, said:

Commander TNT,I wish to enlighten you about this calculator. It has the ability to be manipulated by capping , defending, and spotting. Also, one of the tanks I drive with the highest efficiency is my T14 which is tier 5. This tank I have over 2000 eff in as well as near 1900 in the VK3601H. SO the tier level does not have much bearing on the number the formula spits out. Many high eff players play only low tier tanks. You can check the top players info at www.wot-news.com and the top players stats are done in three sections based upon avg tank tier played.

you may have wanted to use the quote button instead of just using my name. anyway it isn't always Higher tier tanks = more points however the formula is incredibly ineffective and judges all tanks by the same standards. it puts much emphasis on capturing bases and ETC. like many people have posted this formula is nothing in the way of actual player skill and to boast of a high score is just crude.  this is the short story i could "enlighten" you for hours on the many flaws but this is unnecessary and quite frankly boring. the Win percentage is all you need to know about a player!

Example 6 kills doesn't even equal a fourth the points 50% base captures do to the rating.

Edited by CommanderTNT, Jun 23 2012 - 23:44.

NazerMike #166 Posted Jun 24 2012 - 05:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 35364 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN
I did not mean to brag, only to provide an example of how the tier does not seem to matter to the formula. I am by no means hoping to impress anyone as I am an average player at best. I like to watch my stats as a way to improve my play and I don't go looking at other player's numbers as a way to measure their skill. I like the data and I am trying to get better. I apologize if I have offended anyone.....

Hroden #167 Posted Aug 09 2012 - 03:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 12909 battles
  • [-BDS-] -BDS-

View PostCommanderTNT, on Jun 23 2012 - 23:39, said:

you may have wanted to use the quote button instead of just using my name. anyway it isn't always Higher tier tanks = more points however the formula is incredibly ineffective and judges all tanks by the same standards. it puts much emphasis on capturing bases and ETC. like many people have posted this formula is nothing in the way of actual player skill and to boast of a high score is just crude.  this is the short story i could "enlighten" you for hours on the many flaws but this is unnecessary and quite frankly boring. the Win percentage is all you need to know about a player!

Example 6 kills doesn't even equal a fourth the points 50% base captures do to the rating.

Win % means less in the overall skill of an individual player, since, the win is done by the team.  The calcs they use give a 'general' run-down of individual skills/abilities than win % for "efficiency".  Knowing that someone was on a winning team 60-70% of the time means little.  The player could of done nothing and died early and still get the credit for the win.  Personally, the Efficiency calc is over-rated/over-stated.  I'm still confused how it rated myself at 1700+ for a time (~4.5k games played at that time) at all when all I do is play the game as I always do.  Efficiency rating:1696.43 as of posting, and, I still don't agree that I'm even remotely 'great' at WoT.  I had a few outstanding games in the past [VK3601(H) with 11 kills * 2 and a game with a 2772 non-doubled exp], but, those are in the past.  I had great games, but, I don't see myself as a great player by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by Hroden, Aug 09 2012 - 04:09.

Dogbeast #168 Posted Aug 09 2012 - 04:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18396 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
I suck at tanks.

News at 11.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users