Ultimate Conquest: Absolute Power

131 replies to this topic

Faratia #41 Posted Feb 01 2012 - 06:30

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9702 battles

View PostGeneralDirection, on Feb 01 2012 - 00:42, said:

As I mentioned in the news article, you do realize if a sub-clan's team wins the tournament, a rep from that sub-clan must attend the event, right?
Which means as a Taiwan-HK-Macau clan.
I can participate in this tournament as long as I don't win the first place?
Since we'll need a rep to go to US if we win.

Yankee #42 Posted Feb 01 2012 - 20:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 39780 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
If you really want to see the best  of the best, clan wars should be suspended on the days of the tournament. There is a large scale war going on and most clans will reserve their A teams for CW play no matter how attractive the prize.

dead_man_walking #43 Posted Feb 01 2012 - 21:12

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 10450 battles

View PostGeneralDirection, on Jan 31 2012 - 15:44, said:

Each team has to represent a clan, but those teams can have up to four members that are not a member of the clan the team is representing.

Clans with multiple chapters can have multiple teams compete; one per World of Tanks clan. I should stress this, because when I say World of Tanks clan, I literally mean a clan that exists in the game, not on the internet.

So, it's one clan per "chapter" in your example.

General can we get some clarification on this?

Is it clans ABC1 ABC2 ABC3 can have 1 team per clan and members of any of the sub clans or clans ABC1 ABC2 ABC3 can have 1 team per clan and 12 of the members of each team must be from the same sub-clan?

Cheers,

Dead

ed_anger #44 Posted Feb 01 2012 - 21:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14285 battles

View Postvampyrehntrd, on Jan 31 2012 - 23:02, said:

Fc-SV will also not be taking part in this. Since all of AoD's 9 clans can take part we are withdrawing period. AoD is the example but there are other clans that have more than one clan.

Sorry GD but as stated in the clan forum. No matter the prize Unless something is done to limit clans fling the same tags we will not partake in this thing.
half of these subclans have 2 people, this obsession is getting boring. as others have said, the best team will win regardless of clan. i seriously doubt anyone will notice if your clan is involved or not, have fun taking your ball and sulking in the corner.

GeneralDirection #45 Posted Feb 01 2012 - 22:51

Major

• Players
  • 5992 battles

View PostFaratia, on Feb 01 2012 - 06:30, said:

Which means as a Taiwan-HK-Macau clan.
I can participate in this tournament as long as I don't win the first place?
Since we'll need a rep to go to US if we win.

Yes, you are free to participate.

View PostYankee, on Feb 01 2012 - 20:16, said:

If you really want to see the best  of the best, clan wars should be suspended on the days of the tournament. There is a large scale war going on and most clans will reserve their A teams for CW play no matter how attractive the prize.

Tournaments are not intended to be a compliment to Clan Wars; they are being designed to offer alternative gameplay that provides similar rewards. This will be a little more apparent once we announce the first World of Tanks season.

View Postdead_man_walking, on Feb 01 2012 - 21:12, said:

General can we get some clarification on this?

Is it clans ABC1 ABC2 ABC3 can have 1 team per clan and members of any of the sub clans or clans ABC1 ABC2 ABC3 can have 1 team per clan and 12 of the members of each team must be from the same sub-clan?

Cheers,

Dead

The 12 members must be from the World of Tanks clan the team is representing. So ABC1 needs to have 12 ABC1 members, ABC2 needs to have 12 ABC2 members, and so on.

jctrez #46 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 00:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 21864 battles
I'm guessing that the 31 tier point limit per battle is no longer in effect. Is this correct? What is the tier point limit per battle?

AbsoluteRoyal #47 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 01:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25833 battles

View Postjctrez, on Feb 02 2012 - 00:50, said:

I'm guessing that the 31 tier point limit per battle is no longer in effect. Is this correct? What is the tier point limit per battle?

"Tier & Point Limits

There are no tank-specific tier limits for this tournament. Teams are limited to a maximum total of 90 tier points."

It's in the OP

Anabis #48 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 05:54

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9521 battles
So this is for Sunday Night America time and Midday Monday for oceanic, I'm lucky I have the day off but doubt we can field a team...Great... :( sad panda

AbsoluteRoyal #49 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 06:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25833 battles

View PostAnabis, on Feb 02 2012 - 05:54, said:

So this is for Sunday Night America time and Midday Monday for oceanic, I'm lucky I have the day off but doubt we can field a team...Great... :( sad panda

February 6th is a Monday

Anabis #50 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 06:16

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9521 battles
OK Tuesday Midday for us, what ever day it's still the middle of a working day.

W0lfy #51 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 06:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8353 battles

View PostYankee, on Feb 01 2012 - 20:16, said:

Looking at the past Challenges and Tournaments, most clans are appear to field 'A team' players and then adjust Clan War fights/schedules to accommodate - as it stands the Tournament should only clash with one Clan war time slot.

View PostGeneralDirection, on Feb 01 2012 - 22:51, said:

Tournaments are not intended to be a compliment to Clan Wars; they are being designed to offer alternative gameplay that provides similar rewards. This will be a little more apparent once we announce the first World of Tanks season.
Clan Wars battles run every night, so new game-play options are always a welcome change, the interest and prestige of such events should be attractive for all players, likely  more-so when the WoT season details are known.

In the future, might it be possible to consider a "Clan-battle-weekend" where multiple fights are scheduled on (American) Friday/Saturday nights (similar to the new twitter-quiz time-slot) so both NA and Oceanic Clans can participate at the same time?

HighPitch #52 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 12:57

Major

• Players
  • 43469 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostAnabis, on Feb 02 2012 - 06:16, said:

OK Tuesday Midday for us, what ever day it's still the middle of a working day.

Bizarrely they made it suitable for people that play in NA timezones, can't for the life of me figure out why. It really does shaft people not in the NA TZ. What are those in Eastern Europe supposed to do? This is an outrage@1!!1

jctrez #53 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 14:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 21864 battles

View PostAbsoluteRoyal, on Feb 02 2012 - 01:56, said:

"Tier & Point Limits

There are no tank-specific tier limits for this tournament. Teams are limited to a maximum total of 90 tier points."

It's in the OP
A "no tank-specific" tier limit tells me that anyone can bring any tier tank into a battle. On the first day that the rules were posted i saw that there was a 31 tier point rule concerning each individual battle. I no longer see that rule. Does the 31 tier point limit PER BATTLE rule still apply?

Supraluminal #54 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 15:24

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2751 battles

View Postjctrez, on Feb 02 2012 - 14:13, said:

A "no tank-specific" tier limit tells me that anyone can bring any tier tank into a battle. On the first day that the rules were posted i saw that there was a 31 tier point rule concerning each individual battle. I no longer see that rule. Does the 31 tier point limit PER BATTLE rule still apply?
Read the second sentence in Royal's quote, man.

Also, from the bottom of the first page:

View PostGeneralDirection, on Jan 31 2012 - 15:53, said:

I purposely put "Up to" in the rules because any number of players are allowed to join the battle, up to 15. If you want to try to win with 9 tier 10s, you're more than welcome to. On the flip side, if you want to try to win with 15 tier 6s, you're also welcome to try!

Papa_Joe #55 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 18:42

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2949 battles
First, as a member of one of the sub clans of AOD, I want to thank those that have participated in battles and tournaments against us.  The great competition is always welcome.

Second, as an honor clan, we go into these tournaments with a sense of "friendly rivalry" with our "sister" sub clans.  Each team stands or falls on it's own, and there is NO pressure to "affect the outcome" of a match.  In fact, our teams would rebel against that, and making people "take a dive" is a sure way to send your precious players packing for another Clan.

Third,  while "moving peeps around" seems both trivial and "logical" to some, it is NOT the way we do things at AOD.  Yes, we have had a few "Reorgs" to deal with the rule changes and find the most effective path for us, we do NOT take the movement of people from sub clan to sub clan lightly.  It cause disruptions in leadership, in team cohesion, and people's lives.  The impact to the Clan is greater than you might believe, both in administration, and in game play to make it "worth it" for a "tournament".

Finally,  the fact that we can send multiple teams to a tournament is a good thing.   More teams, means more competition.  No disrespect intended to anyone "complaining" about our ability to field multiple teams, but it seems you have missed the point.  As was said already, every team has a chance to win.  You just have to play better than the other teams.

I'm taking it as a complement to our Clan's recruiting, sportsmanship, skill, and organization that we have this "target" on our backs.  It feels good.  Participate, don't participate, that is of course your choice.  But to "make it AOD's (or any other large clan's) fault" just reveals the weakness behind the complaint.

Just my 2 cents.

GeneralDirection #56 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 5992 battles

View Postjctrez, on Feb 02 2012 - 14:13, said:

I think you're remembering the Monte Cassino Challenges that took place in January. The tier point limit was never 31 for this clan tournament.

Khagan #57 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 19:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18607 battles

View PostGeneralDirection, on Feb 01 2012 - 22:51, said:

The amount of gold given to tournament winners is not in line with the 'similar rewards' that you mention. Needs to be lowered to 5000-6000 gold in order to yield what one would get attending clan wars in a month.

MacGG #58 Posted Feb 02 2012 - 20:29

Captain

• Players
  • 18074 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostKhagan, on Feb 02 2012 - 19:25, said:

The amount of gold given to tournament winners is not in line with the 'similar rewards' that you mention. Needs to be lowered to 5000-6000 gold in order to yield what one would get attending clan wars in a month.

I'd say it's fair. The winner of the tournament has to beat how many teams? For the North American January 5 v. 5 tournament there were 170 teams, and only 1 of them got 9000 gold. The odds of making gold by winning tournaments are much lower than the odds of making gold by forming alliances and sitting on land. Also, you're not required to be better than every other clan on the map in order to make gold from Clan Wars. You only need to be better than the clans around you. The tournament winner has to be better than every other team. It's a matter of risk v. reward, and the teams should be rewarded well for the risk involved in a tournament. Many teams leave with no gold at all

Khagan #59 Posted Feb 03 2012 - 09:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18607 battles

View Postmacg1991, on Feb 02 2012 - 20:29, said:

I'd say it's fair. The winner of the tournament has to beat how many teams? For the North American January 5 v. 5 tournament there were 170 teams, and only 1 of them got 9000 gold. The odds of making gold by winning tournaments are much lower than the odds of making gold by forming alliances and sitting on land. Also, you're not required to be better than every other clan on the map in order to make gold from Clan Wars. You only need to be better than the clans around you. The tournament winner has to be better than every other team. It's a matter of risk v. reward, and the teams should be rewarded well for the risk involved in a tournament. Many teams leave with no gold at all

The tournament winner only has to be better than the teams they meet, in clan wars once you've been on for long enough you eventually play all the good nomadic clans (RS, 503TW etc...). What risk is there in a tournament when the only real competition is defending land in clan wars. Let's not forget that there is no onus for both teams go on the offensive in tournaments if you want land in clan wars you better prepare a strat that is going to break a hard camp. In clan wars there is risk of being ganged up by your surrounding clans (who may or may not be better than you) and subsequently kicked off the map, you cannot say the same for tourneys.

I'm almost certain that if concessions were made for top tier clans to enter tourneys it would be a lot harder to be a finalist three times.

Justin_Ward #60 Posted Feb 03 2012 - 10:24

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 26489 battles
  • [MISC] MISC
I find it amusing how quick they are to come defend themselves when someone starts bashing them. But it is rather well known that they almost only recruit top tier tankers and most that join them go their because of the lure of free gold, the chance to fight clan wars because they own a better part of the map, and because of a number of alliances the likely hood of loosing the territory is decreased. This puts a big roadblock to any other clan that has a smaller player base to even try to compete. Bring in the new rules of tank locking and that reduces a smaller clans chances even more. It is rather sad to see how little change there is to Clan Wars when their is such blatant problems.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users