Jump to content


Base Capture siren


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Pharaohs_Chariot #1 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 10:08

    Private

  • Players
  • 8450 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011
Can WOT please change the siren that sounds when a friendly base is being captured. I live in a tsunami zone and it sounds like the warning siren where I live. I have frequently leaped from my seat thinking that my life was about to be consumed by water, when it was only consumed by defeat No joke, its kinda scary.

Dante1hits #2 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 10:19

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 4440 battles
  • 477
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011
dude, it's also the warning for an incoming air raid at an airfield. What do you expect them to change it to?

Fresco26 #3 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 10:22

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27544 battles
  • 623
  • [FIVE] FIVE
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011
you're taking political correct non offensive ideology to a whole new level...and in a game none the less...

Azerious #4 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 10:23

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12740 battles
  • 589
  • Member since:
    08-01-2011
i think you'll be fine...

NitroLauncher717 #5 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 10:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15058 battles
  • 1,545
  • [WOONA] WOONA
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
As (morbidly) humerous as that is, I like the sirens the way they are. That said, I do believe you can go in and edit the siren sounds in your WoT folder...somewhere....
I have seen things requesting a change, but uhh, your case has the first legitimate reason for changing it.
If indeed it is the same sound as the tsunami warnings, then they are using old air raid sirens as warnings. A possible remedy if you cannot change it is to use headphones, only putting one earbud in so that you can tell if it is basecap or not.

Novacube #6 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 10:28

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11611 battles
  • 406
  • [DRB] DRB
  • Member since:
    04-28-2011
(wait...sirens? what am I missing out on, serious question, I ain't hearin' anything with ingame sound on)

diesturmtiger #7 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 10:35

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9098 battles
  • 1,220
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostNovacube, on Feb 11 2012 - 10:28, said:

(wait...sirens? what am I missing out on, serious question, I ain't hearin' anything with ingame sound on)

lol, thinking the same thing here

FreeFOXMIKE #8 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 10:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 17083 battles
  • 4,960
  • [23RDB] 23RDB
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011
also sounds like a tornado warning (old school)

TankOfAZ #9 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 11:08

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 508 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    01-17-2012
My sound is low so it does not bother me and we have a siren 2 blocks away(yea,like a tornado will hit Kingman,AZ,lol),but,not sure,maybe it is the "ambient" sounds in game sound settings,u may try that n lower it or turn it way down.Hope that helps you some.

Spudkiller #10 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 11:45

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17705 battles
  • 337
  • Member since:
    01-17-2012

View PostNitroLauncher717, on Feb 11 2012 - 10:25, said:

As (morbidly) humerous as that is, I like the sirens the way they are. That said, I do believe you can go in and edit the siren sounds in your WoT folder...somewhere....

OH!! If this is true, I recommend the following to the OP to use instead.  You won't think that huge waves are coming at you any more but.... you WILL want to get back to base faster to make the noise stop!  :lol:

-Spudkiller



Lhos #11 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 11:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 10348 battles
  • 3,449
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011
I can't even hear it, and I wish I could. D:

ship2000 #12 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 14:01

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1636 battles
  • 112
  • [-GKA-] -GKA-
  • Member since:
    07-16-2011

View PostDante1hits, on Feb 11 2012 - 10:19, said:

dude, it's also the warning for an incoming air raid at an airfield. What do you expect them to change it to?

I know change it to a rubber duck sound. XD  :D

Nooblet #13 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 14:10

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15521 battles
  • 890
  • [BIMBO] BIMBO
  • Member since:
    09-02-2011

View PostNovacube, on Feb 11 2012 - 10:28, said:

(wait...sirens? what am I missing out on, serious question, I ain't hearin' anything with ingame sound on)
When your base is being captured, there's a tiny noise (very low, you'll have to turn your volume up) that sounds like some kind of siren. Basically indicating, if someone couldn't see the red strip filling up at the top of the screen, that "YOUR BASE IS BEING CAPTURED"
Yeah...

Momaw #14 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 14:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 1787 battles
  • 2,534
  • Member since:
    02-06-2011
I wouldn't mind this sound effect being changed. It's not just the TYPE of siren it is, but also the way it sounds like it's coming from far away. It's very realistic.

There's a nuclear power plant near my part of the country. I've heard people who live in the midwest say it's also a convincing simulation of a tornado siren.

Just saying. <_<

trackday #15 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 14:33

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5824 battles
  • 134
  • Member since:
    12-15-2011
Change it to a mocking chicken, that would be so annoying, lol.

KilljoyCutter #16 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 14:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 16,979
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011
I think there are mods for the crew voices, so in comparison this should be easy.  

OP:  post a thread in the mod forum, and see if anyone has a solution for you.

Hobbe #17 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 22:13

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 5531 battles
  • 1,615
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010
The siren sucks.

Everyone ignores it anyway.

LordBerk #18 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 22:27

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 11170 battles
  • 483
  • Member since:
    07-31-2010

View PostNooblet, on Feb 11 2012 - 14:10, said:

When your base is being captured, there's a tiny noise (very low, you'll have to turn your volume up) that sounds like some kind of siren. Basically indicating, if someone couldn't see the red strip filling up at the top of the screen, that "YOUR BASE IS BEING CAPTURED"
Yeah...


If I had it my way it should a goddamn shock thru their mouse.

That so many don't react that to that big red line and siren is brutal.

Lhos #19 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 23:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 10348 battles
  • 3,449
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Feb 11 2012 - 14:58, said:

I think there are mods for the crew voices, so in comparison this should be easy.  

OP:  post a thread in the mod forum, and see if anyone has a solution for you.

Already did this. There's a tutorial of mine for modding the sound files, though it seems that some of the sound banks have been remade with a newer version of FMOD Designer (like weapon sounds). The GUI sounds, fortunately, have not, and so they can still be modded.

My siren is Adjutant. "*doo doot* Your base is under attack."

ireconi #20 Posted Feb 11 2012 - 23:21

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 9349 battles
  • 862
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostPharaohs_Chariot, on Feb 11 2012 - 10:08, said:

Can WOT please change the siren that sounds when a friendly base is being captured. I live in a tsunami zone and it sounds like the warning siren where I live. I have frequently leaped from my seat thinking that my life was about to be consumed by water, when it was only consumed by defeat No joke, its kinda scary.

LOL!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users