T 59

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Hauptmanpanzer #1 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 00:06

Private

• Players
  • 22025 battles
OK, I understand that people pay gold ( money ) to buy and play a premium tank, say the T 59 for example. I also understand that you may want people to buy and play premium tanks ( good for business ), so you make them appealing to buy and play. But I don't understand how you make them unrealisticly strong and expect others to agree that that is they way it's supposed to be. As a real tanker no tank in history was able to charge into a gauntlet of fire and no get destroyed. Well I just witmessed a T 59 charge right into a gauntlet of fire and take minor damage and destroy the 4 tanks that were shooting it from all angles with atleast a 90 mm gun. I understand angles and all that, I don't think you understand the respect you lose by expecting me to accept that kind of rubbush. I know most people are not tankers and it's just a game, but even then novice see what a crock it has become. I don't expect you to right your wrong, I just want you to know there is atleast 1 person calling BS and that I don't play the game as much as before or recomend the game to as many people as before because of it.

Whee #2 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 00:12

Major

• Players
  • 21341 battles
  • [USVCH] USVCH
Please. Use the search function. This has been discussed for so many times.

_Rosco #3 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 00:12

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6235 battles
  • [-_-] -_-
Ever have a T-54 'drive into a gauntlet of fire' ?

Yea the results are even worse, for you that is.

Atayu #4 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 00:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12760 battles
  • [-EOJ-] -EOJ-
I would hate to be the one to tell you this but the type-59 has the same match making as the standard tier 8 mediums. It is also the weakest tier 8 medium in the game if they are all upgraded. It is not really even that close it is more of a tier 7.5 now that its MM got nerfed.
You will find this true with all the premiums a normal earned tank the same tier is stronger then the premium if it is equipped with its end gear. ask anyone that plays both at the same tier.
The reason you see so many tier 8 premiums is because people use them to fund there tier 9 and 10 tanks. They do not run them because they are super strong or do great. It is simply they are the best way to earn credits its that simple.

Intolerance83 #5 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 00:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14963 battles
  • [-IX-] -IX-
hahah this is the 3rd T59 OP thread started in the last few mins.

I thought the same until i bought one......they really are not that special

THE_CLICKER #6 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 00:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26668 battles
  • [ARRG] ARRG

View PostAtayu, on Feb 18 2012 - 00:16, said:

I would hate to be the one to tell you this but the type-59 has the same match making as the standard tier 8 mediums. It is also the weakest tier 8 medium in the game if they are all upgraded. It is not really even that close it is more of a tier 7.5 now that its MM got nerfed.
You will find this true with all the premiums a normal earned tank the same tier is stronger then the premium if it is equipped with its end gear. ask anyone that plays both at the same tier.
The reason you see so many tier 8 premiums is because people use them to fund there tier 9 and 10 tanks. They do not run them because they are super strong or do great. It is simply they are the best way to earn credits its that simple.
i agree. you put me up against a type59 in my pershing and i will kill it 1 on 1 probably 85% of the time depending on bounces and opponets skill level etc... this goes with all tanks though. a good skilled player matched up with 4 maybe not so skilled players in lower tierd tanks and i put my money on the skilled player most of the time. it happens. ive killed many higher tierd tanks in numbers in my type59,. but i have also been wrecked in short order also. it happens both ways.

Panzerstecher #7 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 00:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18017 battles
  • [MARVN] MARVN

View PostHauptmanpanzer, on Feb 18 2012 - 00:06, said:

OK, I understand that people pay gold ( money ) to buy and play a premium tank, say the T 59 for example. I also understand that you may want people to buy and play premium tanks ( good for business ), so you make them appealing to buy and play. But I don't understand how you make them unrealisticly strong and expect others to agree that that is they way it's supposed to be. As a real tanker no tank in history was able to charge into a gauntlet of fire and no get destroyed. Well I just witmessed a T 59 charge right into a gauntlet of fire and take minor damage and destroy the 4 tanks that were shooting it from all angles with atleast a 90 mm gun. I understand angles and all that, I don't think you understand the respect you lose by expecting me to accept that kind of rubbush. I know most people are not tankers and it's just a game, but even then novice see what a crock it has become. I don't expect you to right your wrong, I just want you to know there is atleast 1 person calling BS and that I don't play the game as much as before or recomend the game to as many people as before because of it.

I sure wish I could do that in my T-59....me 'driving into a gauntlet of fire' just invariably ends with me a smoldering wreck in short order.  I don't think that the T-59 is OP in anyway;  If it is, then they better pull the T-54 out of the game as well....because a bone stock T-54 is what a T-59 is.  A T-59 is a premium tank just like all the other premium tanks....they ain't nothing special and they die just as easily as any other tank.  Sometimes luck plays a hand, like me bouncing a 120mm AP round off of a T-50-2 at point-blank....it pisses you off but oh well.

littleblufish #8 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 00:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24364 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD
lol yea when you drive a type you will realize how darn fragile that thing is, its effectiveness is based on a players skill.  Like it has already been mentioned, the type will lose to any other fully upgraded medium tank most of the time.  Its armor is actually pretty crappy once something tier 8+ starts shooting at you.  oh yea forgot, bottoms up brothers! another type 59 complaint post.

Fireguard #9 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 00:36

Captain

• Players
  • 8330 battles
Posted Image

Panzerama #10 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 00:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6233 battles

What Atayu said +

Normally I do not do this however,,,,,, looked you up - you have well over 500 games in a KV-5.  How real do you think that is exactly for a real tanker?  Shame on you for making a mockery of your third post when you have this kind of experience under your belt already.

The moderators should consider this a bad joke and close this before the WOT Lemmingville community get hold of it and start drinking the poison Kool-aid all over again.

stickjock #11 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 00:56

Major

• Players
  • 5338 battles
  • [USABO] USABO

Posted Image

Couldn't resist... guess even now that the Type 59 is no longer for sale (correct me if I'm wrong here) we're still getting the whiners complaining about it... :(

Guess it's time to test my new internet connection and break the cob-webs off MY Type 59...  :Smile_honoring:

OttoVonPrien #12 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 01:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15881 battles
  • [POLAR] POLAR
I didn't realize I had a super tank out of star wars in my garage.

So far i have not had any games with it of such cosmic proportions.

I am not the greatest player out there but once in awhile I have a great game
(like when my marder got 7 kills and Fadens)
or when my MS1 & a D1 are the only ones left against 13 enemies and we slaughter them,
I got three kills after i was down to 1HP)

I will play it to raise money quickly or in my normal rotation of tanks in my garage.

Someday maybe I'll have one of those dream games with it where everying goes perfect for me and bad luck for them.

After all some games nothing goes right and you die from some freaky lucky shot or yours bounces and you die,
only fair you get a long shot game to the good once in awhile, some one has to.

Glad they took it out of the store, it was clogging the game ( I have mine anyway, he,he) B)B)

Atayu #13 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 01:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12760 battles
  • [-EOJ-] -EOJ-

View Poststickjock, on Feb 18 2012 - 00:56, said:

Posted Image

It wont let me click the Im hungry button.
:Smile_great:

Fireguard #14 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 02:33

Captain

• Players
  • 8330 battles
I will add that last night in my 59, I mixed it up close range with a Panther 2, another 59 and something French heavy, and won. The Panther 2 took some damage off someone else, so did the 59, but I got away with it. Maybe I am OP, or was it the fact that I was using terrain to my advantage, and they let me dictate the terms of the engagement.

holypk #15 Posted Feb 19 2012 - 06:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30937 battles
  • [AO] AO
I think the type is not OP. It's just too well rounded for low tiers to handle. I have done the "Charge into the gaunlet of fire" thingy myself many times. Sometime it work if the enermy kept shooting me in the front. Other times I got ganged by a bounch of tier 5s. It's the skill that counts. Tracking a 59 usually spell the end of it. I chew up 59s in my T29 with ease. Anyone noticed the nasty habbit for 59s to turn sideways once tracked? It's crasy how wide the turn is.

Tolos #16 Posted Feb 19 2012 - 06:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22565 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

A : You didnt state what tier tanks it " rushed into "
B : If they are over tier 7, then THEY sucked it had nothing to do with the T59 being OP
C : Search function is your friend

that is all

PCWARLORD #17 Posted Feb 19 2012 - 06:37

Captain

• Players
  • 8843 battles
  • [DA_RE] DA_RE

OK, I understand that people pay gold ( money ) to buy and play a premium tank, say the T 59 for example. I also understand that you may want people to buy and play premium tanks ( good for business ), so you make them appealing to buy and play. But I don't understand how you make them unrealisticly strong and expect others to agree that that is they way it's supposed to be. As a real tanker no tank in history was able to charge into a gauntlet of fire and no get destroyed. Well I just witmessed a T 59 charge right into a gauntlet of fire and take minor damage and destroy the 4 tanks that were shooting it from all angles with atleast a 90 mm gun. I understand angles and all that, I don't think you understand the respect you lose by expecting me to accept that kind of rubbush. I know most people are not tankers and it's just a game, but even then novice see what a crock it has become. I don't expect you to right your wrong, I just want you to know there is at least 1 person calling BS and that I don't play the game as much as before or recomend the game to as many people as before because of it.

Ok, I'm going to try to be nice. I looked up your profile. WHY is someone with your experience putting up a post like this? You ought to know by now how to kill a Type 59. I note that you don't have one so you are speaking from just one perspective. I am an average tanker. I do pretty well in my Type 59 but I can assure you that a single Type 59 getting through 4 tanks with 90mm guns and living to kill all 4 of them says more about the drivers of the 4 tanks than it does about the "OP" of the Type 59. What you witnessed was most probably the results of (a) A good Type 59 driver. (B) 4 pretty poor drivers fighting him © a lot of luck on the Type 59 drivers side.

Type 59's are only overly dangerous in packs of 3 or more. You don't see that nearly as much any more. I have a better win rate in my Type 59 than I did in my T-54 because I often find myself in a pack of at least 2 like tanks. I don't think in all the time I played the T-54 I ever was matched up with another one on my team so we could form a pack. I've seen a pack of lowly Shermans just own the other side in more than a few games. There is power in numbers and any good pack of medium drivers can seem OP when you have to fight them.        

I will end with this. If playing against Type 59's is causing you to play the game less, recommend it less..then you are either just getting tired of the game or you've got other issues.