AMX 50 100

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Poll: French Tanks (85 members have cast votes)

Are they overpowered?

1. No (67 votes [78.82%])

Percentage of vote: 78.82%

2. Yes (8 votes [9.41%])

Percentage of vote: 9.41%

3. who cares (10 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Should they be nerfed?

1. Yes, they are too OP (11 votes [12.94%])

Percentage of vote: 12.94%

2. No, they are fine they way they are (74 votes [87.06%])

Percentage of vote: 87.06%

Do you like or hate French Tanks?

1. Hate (17 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Like (68 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

Vote Hide poll

BandofBrothers101 #1 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 22:50

Major

• Players
  • 18415 battles
Hey WoT forums yet again!

First of all I know that a lot of people really hate the french tanks unless they are on your team!  :Smile-izmena:

I love all my french tanks but i hate them at the same time. Having the same gun on the AMX 50 100, and Bat Chatillon 25T i can say that the tanks certainly do seem OP in a certain sense and may be nerfed, but the sad truth is I hate the cost of usage of my french tanks. Repairs are 12thousand like any other tier 8 tank and the income is exactly the same but ammunition cost is relatively high.  Even when i get top gun and 50k credits i end up using 12k on repairs and upto 40k on resuplying ammunition. I can somewhat understand why the devs aren't exactly openly saying anything about nerfing the top french tanks because of the cost of use, so we pretty much get high amounts of exp and no cash in the end.  :blink:

I don't really see where this is going to go but if we get nerfed the devs might have to lower our ammunition cost. (note they cant nerf the armor much or the HP as the AMX's armor is on average about 150HP less than its equivalents). What i am tinking the devs might do is take some of the guns of and leave the lorraine and AMX 50 100 with a 90mm gun or lower the damage or pen on the 100mm.

Any idea's guys? :P

-BoB

EDIT: my personal opinion is they shouldn't be nerfed because of the income

skorpion777 #2 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 23:08

Captain

• Players
  • 5333 battles
I have no troubles with Frenchies until I have to use one myself. The B1 and the AMX-40 sucked so bad I completely quit on French tanks forever.

As for having them nerfed? Hell no. They are already paper thin as is and the gun isn't OP...

Sirus_Patton #3 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 23:23

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 5185 battles
  • [ACID] ACID
For like or hate, needs an option for indifferent.  They have their perks to them, but I watched a Bat. run smack into the side of a Maus at half health and die.

Edit:  It would fix quite a bit if they would just remove the 100mm from the Lorraine and give it a intermediate gun, with the long 90mm being the top gun.  I can't think of any other line off the top of my head that has the exact same gun on a tier 8 medium for the top gun as it has for a heavy.

BandofBrothers101 #4 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 23:36

Major

• Players
  • 18415 battles

View PostSirus_Patton, on Feb 18 2012 - 23:23, said:

I can't think of any other line off the top of my head that has the exact same gun on a tier 8 medium for the top gun as it has for a heavy.

Panther II and it's L71 on the tiger? but yeah that's a tiers difference.
-BoB

Sirus_Patton #5 Posted Feb 18 2012 - 23:46

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 5185 battles
  • [ACID] ACID

View PostBandofBrothers101, on Feb 18 2012 - 23:36, said:

Panther II and it's L71 on the tiger? but yeah that's a tiers difference.
-BoB
That's the point I was getting at, I just forgot a number after the heavy, but I don't really see the decreased rate of fire as enough of a handicap for that gun on the Lorraine, and both of them have nearly the same cartridge reload speed.

Ducman69 #6 Posted Feb 23 2012 - 14:46

Captain

• Players
  • 4895 battles
By the time I realized how often I just absolutely rape AMX 50/100s in my other tanks, I was so invested in the French heavy tree that it only made sense to at least get past the AMX M4 onto an autoloader turret.

The Lorraine I actually seem to destroy quite regularly as well, even in my lowly T-50-2 I killed one from 100% with impunity.   What seems to give me the hardest time though are the Batchat and the AMX 13/90, which I just for the life of me cannot figure out how to combat without coming out of the exchange at the very least severely crippled.  

In my AMX 50, I either totally suck at it as is usually the case, or I absolutely dominate with it.   It just depends if I happen to get lucky and get a nice flank, as the stock gun seems to bounce everything from the front in my experience.   Perhaps I'll change my tune when I unlock the 100mm, as it looks to have a nice damage and more importantly penetration improvement.   With my playstyle, I know I'd much prefer a faster and lower profile tank though, as there isn't much point in a heavy that can't bounce anything it'll encounter.

BandofBrothers101 #7 Posted Feb 23 2012 - 22:59

Major

• Players
  • 18415 battles

View PostDucman69, on Feb 23 2012 - 14:46, said:

By the time I realized how often I just absolutely rape AMX 50/100s in my other tanks, I was so invested in the French heavy tree that it only made sense to at least get past the AMX M4 onto an autoloader turret.

The Lorraine I actually seem to destroy quite regularly as well, even in my lowly T-50-2 I killed one from 100% with impunity.   What seems to give me the hardest time though are the Batchat and the AMX 13/90, which I just for the life of me cannot figure out how to combat without coming out of the exchange at the very least severely crippled.  

In my AMX 50, I either totally suck at it as is usually the case, or I absolutely dominate with it.   It just depends if I happen to get lucky and get a nice flank, as the stock gun seems to bounce everything from the front in my experience.   Perhaps I'll change my tune when I unlock the 100mm, as it looks to have a nice damage and more importantly penetration improvement.   With my playstyle, I know I'd much prefer a faster and lower profile tank though, as there isn't much point in a heavy that can't bounce anything it'll encounter.
I loved both the tanks, AMX 50 100 is more of sniping but it can brawl and get close thanks to the speed. yep the armor doesn't get much better on the 50 120 but the slope gets much better.

-BoB

Ducman69 #8 Posted Feb 25 2012 - 18:02

Captain

• Players
  • 4895 battles
Ah, I spoke too soon, this doesn't feel like the same tank with the 100mm, as I'm able to penetrate frontally now in many cases.  Its not the damage bump, but the 62mm of extra penetration that is absolutely a game changer IMO.   I refuse to use gold rounds, but if someone did, the 385mm of penetration is downright game breaking.  

My greatest weakness with the stock gun was that I couldn't snipe as I'd bounce too often, and you have to flank which puts your weakly armored tank in harms way.   With gold, I don't see how super-heavies that rely on armor have a chance.

:blink: