For when you can't get World of Tanks to close

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Sirus_Patton #1 Posted Feb 19 2012 - 19:50

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 5282 battles
  • [-FOG-] -FOG-
First we want to open up Command Prompt.  To do this go to the start menu search bar and type CMD, then press enter.  This will open up a program many of you never even knew was on your computer.  (For those of you wondering how you could not know, this is the day and age we live in folks.)  From here we have a basic process, and I'll use my own computer name for this.

C:\Users\killer782>TAKSLIST [enter]

Now your system will take a moment, then display a list of your processes that are currently running.  In this list look for

WorldOfTanks.exe	 2372  console	1	xxxx (where X is the property of the memory usage)

Once we have identified World of Tanks as running, the next line is simply to end this process.

C:\Users\killer782>TASKKILL /PID WorldOfTanks.exe  [enter]

You will receive a message stating:

SUCCESS: Sent termination signal to the process "WorldOfTanks.exe" with PID 2372

Congratulations, you have now ended World Of Tanks, and may continue on your way.

Silvox #2 Posted Feb 19 2012 - 20:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8880 battles
Would it not be simpler to use the Task Manager to find the WorldofTanks.exe process and end the process from there?

Sirus_Patton #3 Posted Feb 19 2012 - 21:07

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 5282 battles
  • [-FOG-] -FOG-
Suggested that to a guy earlier and he couldn't figure it out, so I figured I'd just leave this here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users