Can a Clan be disbanded/suspended

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

snaphook #1 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:31

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29755 battles
Had a very distasteful encounter. We ended up in a high tier arty match (T8) that we lost (8 kills for them and none for us) the 2 remaining T8 arties began to harass myself and the T54 for "camping" then the T8 arty
team killed me (T10). As a former beta player and someone who plays and supports the game this is one thing I'm not gonna stand for long-term. Bad enough if its a single player but the moment that a clan...any clan gets the idea that TK's are OK the game will go downhill very fast. This wasn't anything random he drove up and shot me point blank.

The_Dutch_Oven #2 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:37

Major

• Players
  • 2982 battles
Yes, they can be disbanded, but only by the devs.

ares1032 #3 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:40

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5646 battles
Submit a ticket with the replay and give those jerks what they deserve.

Tsupernami #4 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:41

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 12908 battles
  • [HT] HT
Just because members of a clan act like this, does not mean that all members condone it. Try talking to the clan leader after you've reported them.

Lert #5 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:42

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 37781 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Oh, wow. You want A WHOLE CLAN disbanded / suspended, because someone was rude to you on the internet and teamkilled you? What makes you so special and awesome that this is in any way fair? Also, what did you say back to them? Because I honestly have a very, Very, VERY hard time believing that they'd just insult you and TK you out of nowhere, without any provocation whatsoever.

View Postsnaphook, on Feb 20 2012 - 00:31, said:

former beta player and someone who plays and supports the game
Aaaaaand this entitles you to ... what, exactly?

View Postsnaphook, on Feb 20 2012 - 00:31, said:

this is one thing I'm not gonna stand for
Aaaaaand you're going to do ... what, exactly?

RichVR #6 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2468 battles

View PostTsupernami, on Feb 20 2012 - 00:41, said:

Just because members of a clan act like this, does not mean that all members condone it. Try talking to the clan leader after you've reported them.

Or maybe before. A  respectable clan in this or any other game, has rules. Before taring the whole clan with a broad brush, get in touch with the clan leader. If he acts in the same way, then you can report them.

AzraeI #7 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:46

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12810 battles
  • [814MP] 814MP
Were you one of those guys lert?  Cause the way you are defending them it sure sounds like it.

The_Dutch_Oven #8 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:48

Major

• Players
  • 2982 battles

View PostAzraeI, on Feb 20 2012 - 00:46, said:

Were you one of those guys lert?  Cause the way you are defending them it sure sounds like it.
Wow, you didn't read what he said at all. He wasn't defending those players, he was saying the entire clan shoulden't be penalized for their actions. Which I agree with. Read before you respond.

Lert #9 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:48

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 37781 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

Notice that I'm clanless (at the moment this thread is current, not going to be clanless for long). So. No. I wasn't one of those guys.

All I see in the first post is ridiculous entitlement issues and accusations, without any proof whatsoever. A majority these cases is a matter of the supposedly 'innocent victim' having done his fair share of provoking. And as long as there's no clear proof that he hadn't provoked them, that's exactly what I'm going to assume.

stickjock #10 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:49

Major

• Players
  • 5338 battles
  • [USABO] USABO

Fully support what others have said already... just because a few members of a clan act like A-holes doesn't warrant the entire Clan being sanctioned/disbanded...

As others have said, if you have screenies heck, go to the Clan leader and talk with him... keep it respectfull and most likely they'll not be in that Clan too much longer...

snaphook #11 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:49

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29755 battles
We were in a high arty game. The other arty had 8 kills and we had none. The arty in question started to harass our T54 to "go scout". My comment was that being out gunned 8-0 in arty kills would make anyone a camper.

To answer your question I've seen what TKing does in other online games and a "clan" is a privilege not an automatic right. They individual in question was a deputy commander for the clan in question, so you know he'll "brag" about taking out a friendly T10 tank.

What I'm entitled to is reasonable game play....same as everyone else.

Lert #12 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:52

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 37781 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postsnaphook, on Feb 20 2012 - 00:49, said:

What I'm entitled to is reasonable game play....same as everyone else.
This I agree with. Everyone is entitled to reasonable game play. But for that it doesn't matter that you've been playing since beta and 'support' the game, like you so proudly boasted about like it mattered.

If you've played since beta, you should know by now that whining on the forum accomplishes nothing. Although I applaud you for not naming-and-shaming the clan in question in public, you should still know to submit a ticket to support, instead of making a public whinepost.

If you honestly didn't know that, then, well, now you do.

DingBat #13 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 00:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19910 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostLert, on Feb 20 2012 - 00:42, said:

Because I honestly have a very, Very, VERY hard time believing that they'd just insult you and TK you out of nowhere, without any provocation whatsoever.

Yer kidding, right? Some friends and I ran into 2 clanners griefing a teammate just last week. Turned out they were the clan commander and deputy commander.

Just because they're in a clan doesn't mean they can't be asshats.

snaphook #14 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 01:11

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29755 battles
I'm sorry but we obviously grew up in different era's. I started online gaming in the late 1980's when it was about $12/hour (air warrior on Genie). I'm used to strong user communities. In the end we police ourselfs or the game goes downhill. This is especially true with games that don't have an inherent cost to play. My comment on being here since beta is simply to provide a basis for relative experience. How much issue will you have if any clans (and this is not a big one) get the idea that it's ok to hose down someone. I've got the replay....how do you play it? Hsppy to cut out a 30 second fraps clip for anyone to see if so inclined.

SargentOddBall #15 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 01:17

Major

• Players
  • 9098 battles

View Postsnaphook, on Feb 20 2012 - 01:11, said:

I'm sorry but we obviously grew up in different era's. I started online gaming in the late 1980's when it was about $12/hour (air warrior on Genie). I'm used to strong user communities. In the end we police ourselfs or the game goes downhill. This is especially true with games that don't have an inherent cost to play. My comment on being here since beta is simply to provide a basis for relative experience. How much issue will you have if any clans (and this is not a big one) get the idea that it's ok to hose down someone. I've got the replay....how do you play it? Hsppy to cut out a 30 second fraps clip for anyone to see if so inclined.
We're you like, 7?
A clan doesn't mean 5 people who are secretly hiding around a table, planning on Tking
Disbanding a (i assume) a large clan is like blaming all of youtube for one copyrighted video.

Lert #16 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 01:18

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 37781 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postsnaphook, on Feb 20 2012 - 01:11, said:

how do you play it? Hsppy to cut out a 30 second fraps clip for anyone to see if so inclined.
Send a ticket to support and a copy to the clan leadership. Include the whole replay, not just a clip. This is the best way to deal with it.

Again, I applaud you for not naming-and-shaming the clan in question. And since you've explained yourself nicely and remained calm, I've +1'd your last post. My first reaction might've been a bit hasty. I still stand by it though, the vast majority of similar cases the OP (you in this thread) didn't turn out so levelheaded in the end. That, and your original request for disbanding the whole clan was still way out of proportion.

DeviantSmurf #17 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 01:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 43594 battles
  • [5CAD] 5CAD
I think that a player(s) should be punished individually for their actions.  I am not a member of a clan and dont plan on joining one in the near future, but in defense of the clan unless its a persistant clan issue then the individual should be punished. If it is endorsed by clan leadership or common for members of a certain clan to tk then thts a different story. Maybe the number of tk's a player has should be tracked and put on their statics page and when they reach a certain level they will be punished. Unfortunately when playing this game it is possible to accidently tk- I have done it several times :( , and only a moderator can distinguish between accidental and planned. As long as the moderators/ WoT admin actually look at the reported problems when you put them in game, they can look at the logs/review the video and see what transpired- ie go scout or i will shoot you -Kapowee- Hey quit shooting me etc... Saying all that : I do feel like some players use the fact that they are in a clan to cover for in-game violations- tk ing, rude behavior, name calling like the N word and the like and knowing that "maybe" a clan will review and "maybe" take appropriate action for this behavior is a "maybe" a positive thing and might help with stopping the above behavior in the future.

togo281 #18 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 01:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17210 battles
Sadly, I've seen this myself, some Clan Players think they are above the rest, just because they are clan players!!! The way the TK systems works you can shoot/kill friendlies once a day and get away with it, if you play enough games, because the kill/damage is averaged over the number of games played within a given time period.

snaphook #19 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 02:08

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29755 battles

View PostLert, on Feb 20 2012 - 01:18, said:

Send a ticket to support and a copy to the clan leadership. Include the whole replay, not just a clip. This is the best way to deal with it.Again, I applaud you for not naming-and-shaming the clan in question. And since you've explained yourself nicely and remained calm, I've +1'd your last post. My first reaction might've been a bit hasty. I still stand by it though, the vast majority of similar cases the OP (you in this thread) didn't turn out so levelheaded in the end. That, and your original request for disbanding the whole clan was still way out of proportion.

Lert,

I've got 10,000 games here so i've pretty much seen it all. I don't post a lot and as a general rule I don't whine (will mf with the best of them). I've gotten into more then a few pissing matches and I've fired one or two across a guys bow before (I've never intentionally TK'd or damaged anyone). This was entirely different. We've all (anyone with 1000 games or so) been there before. Bad map, soso roster and within 3 minutes they CB'd an arty, picked off your scouts...kill custer and anyone who went with him and its 15 on 9....then your arty is in a shell and they work on the rest and its 12 on 5 (two of em T8 aty in this case). At this point most of us will buckle down and plan on taking whatever you can with us....you make em dig you out and get what you can out of it.

This guy starts to harass the T54 (who was originally guarding arty/middle)...my only comment is "noob arty makes anyone a camper". Now to me that's a simple observation 8 to zip speaks for itself and if I'm arty and my team has been rained on then i'm looking to do what I can not run my mouth because someone else is hunkered down since I can't protect them (been there to). My guess is this is a newish bunch (small) that thinks there "$#!^ don't stink". They can and will attract others who feel it's "OK" to punish someone else because you don't like the style of play or a comment. (I'm sorry but if a arty with no kills asks me to scout i'm gonna say what I think).

Lert #20 Posted Feb 20 2012 - 02:15

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 37781 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Well, there we have it. You called him a noob. I'm not saying you deserved what he did, just that you're not entirely innocent in this. As I suspected.

If you have over 10k games, you should know by now that just because an arty doesn't have kills doesn't mean that they haven't done anything worthwhile.

Finally, why are you explaining yourself to me? I'm not support. Nor am I the leadership of the clan in question.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users