“You ask, We reply” #12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
368 replies to this topic

rodac #21 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 06:34

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7659 battles

Player will receive new not full crew (commander, gunner, loader, driver) for T30 TD with 100% of BASE skill

All crew members with T34 Heavy Tank specialization receive a T34 Premium Heavy Tank specialization without any further penalties or bonuses
Why are you deciding to give the T30 new crew (excluding the radioman) but giving the T34 it's current crew?

If people are still grinding the T34, wouldn't they want their crew to remain in the M103 rather than getting less experienced replacements?

Unless I've read this wrong or missed something? :huh:

Soviet_Union #22 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 06:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3963 battles
  • [SOVET] SOVET
wtf kv3 is not so badass why are they changing it? seriosly, its so slow i can get it with an a-20! and arty have no problem picking it out.

pallmall21 #23 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 07:08

Private

• Players
  • 8536 battles
will m36 slugger be moved down or up a tier when 7.2 comes out?

Snohoe #24 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 07:09

Captain

• Players
  • 7211 battles
  • [VPG] VPG
How will the is4 be changed with its move to tier 10 besides hp? at its current state its about on par with the e-75 and I don't think its really up to speed for tier 10 with just more hp.

keytosky #25 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 07:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12142 battles
Camouflage installed on T30 Heavy Tank will be moved to T110 heavy tank and also remain on T30 Tank Destroyer.
Camouflage installed on T34 Heavy Tank will be moved to M103 heavy tank and also remain on T34 Tier 8 Premium.
i dont know what this means. are you talking about crew skill 'Camouflage' or equipment camouflage net?
if you are talking about the camouflage net, it is moved to 1 tank yet remain on another tank? or you mean we have 2 camou net(1 at t110 and 1 at t30?)

Montykoro #26 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 07:20

Captain

• Players
  • 21434 battles
  • [ACA-T] ACA-T

You'll be implementing Day/Night versions of maps, how about fog or other similar effects?

Night versions of the maps would be introduced with other  environmental effects such as rain and snow. Fog could also be  introduced at a later time, especially for maps that could benefit from  the atmospheric effect. What we are really discussing here is a fully  capable rendering engine that could include any effect you have seen in  other games; it will just be a matter of time and imagination to use the  rendering engine to its full effect. Reflections, luminosity, and  volumetric effects would all be available to be introduced and used.

(Miss question here????)

The experience that you collect on any tank cannot be redistributed  without the use of gold. I was wondering, if we pay for our premium  days, can converting experience be eliminated, and can you allow all  experience that we collect during game play to be counted as Free  Experience? Any experience you gain from playing, in my opinion should  be automatically free experience to research your current tank and fully  upgrade it or any other tank you wish to pursue in game. Is there any  consideration on making this change real and possible?

(This is the answer????)
First I  would like to point out that 10% of XP you earn for a battle you also  receive as a Free XP bonus. Having Premium gives you ability to receive  you more XP for each battle and that equals more Free Xp for each  battle.
To answer your question, we have no plans to change the current system of XP conversion.

Slight edit problem here...

Movodor #27 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 07:29

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 14336 battles
2. These time zones will be released along with servers in that region. Stay tuned and follow the news.

^^^^^^CLARIFICATION REQUESTED.

Preston_ #28 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 07:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21393 battles
  • [CHAIR] CHAIR
This is false:

"First I would like to point out that 10% of XP you earn for a battle you also receive as a Free XP bonus. Having Premium gives you ability to receive you more XP for each battle and that equals more Free Xp for each battle.
To answer your question, we have no plans to change the current system of XP conversion."

You get 5% free XP with each battle, not 10%.

burning_phoneix #29 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 07:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7005 battles
  • [DGA] DGA
Is there gonna be a change to how Camo paint is implemented in the game? It would be much more prudent to have the ability to buy several paints for a tank and switch them when desired rather than permanently losing your current paint scheme when buying a new one.

Preston_ #30 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 08:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21393 battles
  • [CHAIR] CHAIR
The one thing I was really disappointed in with that update was the scrapping of the 5 man platoons.  Tough playing long term with the sense of powerlessness you have in 3 man platoons.

casper_r #31 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 08:29

Private

• Players
  • 7138 battles
Is KV-3 repair bill going to be higher or is it still the same when it moves to Tier 7?

9braker #32 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 08:32

Captain

• Players
  • 18011 battles
  • [SKNT] SKNT
well this might seem a stupid question but  from the wording they use an english not being my native i dont if the crew skills from t30 and t34 will transfer to t110 and m103 or theill just be 100% with no crew skill anyone help to elaborate on this doubt.

Potoroo #33 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 08:44

Major

• Players
  • 16592 battles

View Postjinxx71, on Feb 24 2012 - 05:56, said:

Sorry I can't comment on something so far in the future; so many things can change in that time even if they are accurate today.
It's fair enough you might not have firm answers to my questions but at least they are now on the table and hopefully the devs will give them due consideration before locking the British tree down.

View PostPreston_, on Feb 24 2012 - 08:15, said:

The one thing I was really disappointed in with that update was the scrapping of the 5 man platoons.  Tough playing long term with the sense of powerlessness you have in 3 man platoons.
+1. I think the devs really don't get just how much we were looking forward to the super platoons.

Flakker2 #34 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 08:52

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35503 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK

IS-8 will take place of IS-4 on the Tier 9

I thought that IS-8 will lead up to IS-7, since both are pike based tanks, starting with IS-3?

So the end tree would look like IS-3 > IS-8 > IS-7

Then the IS-4 is shifted to tier 10, with ST-1 taking its place at Tier 9 (not IS-8 as mentioned).

So the 2nd tree looks like KV-4 > ST-1 > IS-4

Is this not correct anymore?

MalikCarr #35 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 08:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5099 battles
I've crossposted this around to various YAWR threads with the hopes of getting a dev to comment on it. I even bumped into Chieftan in-game and asked him on the Soviet heavies forum but apparently he wasn't really sure, so I suppose I'll crosspost it again... :Smile_harp:

----

I have a game design question as far as moving heavy tank IS-4 to Tier X as an alternative line to heavy tank IS-7.

From a design perspective this really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. As it is, IS-4 is an excellent heavy tank - it has a very solid armor scheme that, with angling, can really be difficult to destroy, and with 130mm gun S-70 it can severely maul most enemy tanks just fine.

However, other than the fact that its rear armor is much heavier, IS-7 is basically a more potent and sophisticated design in every way. The sloping on the bow of the hull as well as the turret is especially noticeable - its paper figures are often thinner, but with the richochet physics IS-7 can be very hard to penetrate, even from the sides - especially if its hull is partially concealed.

Historically, IS-4 was a competing design to IS-3. Both were armed with 122mm D-25T - IS-3 made use of a totally new hull with a pike-shaped bow and flat, pancake-like turret, while IS-4 more or less followed IS-2's layout with an angular bow that included a driver's hatch and a turret that was round on the top and bottom (including the irritating shot traps on the edges). IS-3 was unquestionably the more advanced design - it was lower, faster, had a stabler hull layout, and the low heavily rounded turret was basically a testament to Soviet tank design from that point on. IS-4, meanwhile, was essentially just a super heavily reinforced IS-2 with drastically better armor but little else in the way of innovative design features. Compared to IS-7, which had a number of seriously "gee whiz" facilities and equipment to it, IS-4 looks downright primitive even though their development is separated by only a few years.

Now, from a gameplay standpoint, I can see how IS-4 gets bumped over to the "KV" series of heavy tanks. The thing handles a lot like a KV does - it has poor mobility but great armor protection and usually has a big gun. That particular aspect makes perfect sense. What I question, though, is why it belongs on a Tier X platform in the first place.

Historically IS-4 never received the 130mm gun S-70 - that was the IS-7's claim, and the two loaders in that bulbous turret help testify to the necessities of arming such a big piece of artillery. It was tested with 100mm S-34 and 122mm S-34-2, just like the prototype ST-I (which will lead to IS-4 in the new tank line...) but that was all.

So, why move IS-4 to Tier X?

It has exceptionally good armor, but IS-7 is arguably better thanks to the shape and sloping of its hull and turret. It's faster than German heavy tanks, but still significantly slower than IS-7 (especially climbing hills - an E-75 can *almost* keep up on a slope). It has a really big gun, but IS-7 gets that as well, and that particular piece really doesn't make much sense outside of gameplay reasons to keep the tank competitive at its tier.

If you remove the 130mm S-70 from the equation, IS-4 is basically just a much better armored IS-2 with inferior handling - basically what it was in reality.

I'm really just curious if there's a reason for this outside of gameplay purposes. I suppose that's fine, though, since it is a game. After all, on the German tank destroyer line the Ferdinand (early 1943) is a higher tier vehicle than the Jagdpanther (mid-1944), and if you compare their combat ability there's not much to argue with with that order.

Thanks.

EDIT (some personal consideration): It seems that the issue comes from the fact that IS-4 was probably "over built" for Tier 9 in the first place. The reinforced bow (with the "plug" over the driver's hatch) and the inclusion of 130mm S-70 gun, combined with the already excellent armor protection, really made it too much tank for tier 9. But, with the exception of kowtowing to those who've raged about the IS-4's bounciness (something I really have trouble imagining the people who make this game to do...), all I can really conclude is that it's easier to bump the IS-4 up a tier than to nerf it and bounce it *down* where it really ought to belong. Giving the size of the IS-4's turret, I have some difficulty envisioning the crew actually being able to schlep the 130mm shells into S-70's huge breach assembly in the first place... isn't that why IS-7 has two loaders and such a long turret? The Panther got nerfed and kicked down to Tier 7 when the E-series was added to the German tank tree, after all... surely it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility to do something similar to IS-4?

UberTank01 #36 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 09:07

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 23129 battles
  • [TAOE] TAOE
Will the KV-2 still lead to the S-51? Since it's going up a tier or will the KV-1.

MajorPremise #37 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 09:47

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3414 battles
When 7.3 is released, will those of us who have researched the KV-1, KV-2 and KV-3 get the tanks that are replacing their tiers as free tanks? I.E. If we have a T6 KV-3 before 7.3, will we get a T-150 to replace it at Tier 6 when it is moved down?

SACEUR #38 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 10:29

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 31808 battles
  • [REL_2] REL_2
I noticed someone asked about weather elements like night and rain maps and I think that would be cool. Have you ever thought of introducing SMOKE into the game or would this be to intensive for the graphics engine? Either fired from grenade launchers mounted on tank turrets or rounds that can be delivered by ARTY. I think it would add a new element to the game and particularly to Company Battles and CLAN WARS.

Bajer #39 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 10:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2438 battles
  • [CRZYT] CRZYT

View Postkeytosky, on Feb 24 2012 - 07:09, said:

Camouflage installed on T30 Heavy Tank will be moved to T110 heavy tank and also remain on T30 Tank Destroyer.
Camouflage installed on T34 Heavy Tank will be moved to M103 heavy tank and also remain on T34 Tier 8 Premium.
i dont know what this means. are you talking about crew skill 'Camouflage' or equipment camouflage net?
if you are talking about the camouflage net, it is moved to 1 tank yet remain on another tank? or you mean we have 2 camou net(1 at t110 and 1 at t30?)

They are talking about the cosmetic camo paint jobs you can buy.

View Post9braker, on Feb 24 2012 - 08:32, said:

well this might seem a stupid question but  from the wording they use an english not being my native i dont if the crew skills from t30 and t34 will transfer to t110 and m103 or theill just be 100% with no crew skill anyone help to elaborate on this doubt.

If I understand it correctly skills will go with the old crew members.

Drakenred #40 Posted Feb 24 2012 - 10:33

Captain

• Players
  • 12402 battles
the final details are comeing soon but this is still fairly accurate

but http://overlord-wot....d-improved.html

KV will be separated into KV-1 and KV-2.
Players who have a KV in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a KV-1. The KV’s crew will be trained for the KV-1.
Additionally players who have researched KV-2’s turret for KV will get a KV-2 with an extra garage slot and the KV-2 will be assigned a 100% crew.
Undistributed experience from KV can be transferred to either KV-2 or to KV-1 on demand.
No additional refunds are planned.

KV-3 moved to tier 7 and the introduction of T-150.
Players who have a KV-3 in their garage at the time of the revision will get a KV-3 in its new status with its existing module and research setup and its old crew. Additionally they will also get a T-150 with a stock setup, extra garage slot, and 100% crew.

IS-4 will be substituted for Object 252ST-1.<<this was poorly writen its bascialy should say IS-4 is being moved to Teir 10, and the introduction of the ST-1
Players who have an IS-4 in their garage at the time of the revision will get an IS-4 in its new status with old crew, plus they will also get an Object 252 ST-1 with 100% crew with an extra garage slot. Undistributed experience will remain on Object 252ST-1, however can be transferred to a new IS-4 on demand.

KV 4 is a seperate tank and is just being added onto the tree, its not replaceing any existing tank. no existing tank is moveing elsewhere to make space for it.

the 252 is going to be teir 8 premium