Complaint System Guide

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

Emorex #-19 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 13:08

Corporal

• WG HQ Staff
  • 0 battles
Find out more about this feature that allows you to report players for inappropriate actions in-game.

Full news text

Deathskyz #-18 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 13:16

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Still yet to see any news of anyone being Warned/Banned due to evidence from the Complaint System, whereas back then there were plenty of threads of botting accounts permabanned.

Jay4hand #-17 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 13:19

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
So, is it inappropriate to report someone as a bot if they are AFK? because that is what has been circculating around in game chat and the forums.  Also is there a master reset of the complaint system rating system since the rules have not been published until now?

Brygin #-16 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 13:33

First lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
When the moderators or game masters see inappropriate behavior in-game, we can act on it and post a report of the action so it can be checked.  This new reporting system is effectively allowing everyone to help keep the game fun to play and free of spam, griefing, etc.

In reading this memo, I found it particular interesting how the people doing the reporting are ranked, "A player, filing a complaint and whose complaints are confirmed as   valid, increases her/his ranking; false complaints, correspondingly   decrease the ranking. Players with low rankings can be altogether   disconnected from the complaint system; the standard venue of e-mails   and web will still be available."

Ironmonger69 #-15 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 13:39

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostDeathskyz, on Feb 27 2012 - 13:16, said:

Still yet to see any news of anyone being Warned/Banned due to evidence from the Complaint System, whereas back then there were plenty of threads of botting accounts permabanned.

Given that one leech or another comes here about once every week or so to rant about being banned, There's proof they are getting banned.  Whether the ingame reporting helped nab them or just the auto system got them, don't know.

I still say bring back the forum posting of bans like they used to.  It might give some attention hounds what they want, but it would reassure the community something is being done.  (And they still aren't harsh enough on TKers)

Snipe4Food #-14 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 13:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
We honestly need a way to report players for being afk.  In my opinion that is worse than someone who gives away the location of teammates. It can completely ruin a game, especially if the afk person is a high tier tank.

Joe_B #-13 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 14:16

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSnipe4Food, on Feb 27 2012 - 13:46, said:

We honestly need a way to report players for being afk.

What is it with you guys that want to hang those having what is often completely out of their control?

I have seen people in chat berate someone for being AFK who obviously never loaded (name dark grey).  Do you think they are happy about their circumstance?

Other times someone just loads in slowly.  There are people in the first 30 seconds of battle ripping someone a new one.  They might have a piss poor connection or junk computer... do you think they are happy about their situation.

Then there are the people like me that has their game crash/internet blip disconnect on them from time to time.  It is rare but happens.  There is nothing I can't stand more than someone calling me every name under the sun simply because my game crashed on me.

Are there people that are gaming the system, sure.  But it is not as many as you "hang the AFKers" make it out to be.
I have played A LOT of battles.  I see few if any consistent AFKers.

Just play the game and be happy that you "never" have any problems that make you less than effective for the team.

Snipe4Food #-12 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 14:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostJoe_B, on Feb 27 2012 - 14:16, said:

Other times someone just loads in slowly.  There are people in the first 30 seconds of battle ripping someone a new one.  They might have a piss poor connection or junk computer... do you think they are happy about their situation
Just play the game and be happy that you "never" have any problems that make you less than effective for the team.

if your rig can't even handle the game then why would you even try to play it? A person who can't load, loads in late all the time, or has such a low fps they can't play is detrimental to the team and should not be playing a game that requires teamplay. There are minimum specs listed on the website for a reason.

Ekstra #-11 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 14:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I have two suggestions for promoting the Complaint System and increasing its influence in the game:

1)  Once a month publish the results from the complaint system.  For example, 56 players banned, 206 players 1 week suspension etc.

2)  Make a player's general complaint status one of the statistics available on the statistics page.  Anyone who plays a lot will get a few complaints, but there is no reason to allow a player to hide the fact that he collects complaints every day he plays.  This may make for better behaviour as well, as people who generate hundreds of complaints may not be welcome in certain types of clans.

Jason1138 #-10 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 15:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
how are complaints found to be "false"? if i report someone for blocking me, and i'm the only one who reports it, what is that? "false" because its unconfirmed?

fatkiddown #-9 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 15:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
After reading, my 2cents understanding of it is, the game masters will arbitrarily act on player reports, unless there's tons accumulated on a specific player.

And/or, otherwise, if I report enough players that others do not, it can go bad for my "ranking" in the report system.

I have been reporting players afk as "unfair play," as I thought that was the only choice for being afk (I am boggled that there is not an afk choice).  But I will no longer.  

Questions:
Will wg request replays? Do they keep them now?  Can they make their own?
Do gms observe battles? Spot check?  Do any sort of "foot patrol?"  They should -- they do in the forums....
Are there any plans to hire more game masters?  Warm, human bodies simply do a better job than any automated reporting system.

tl;dr: Why bother reporting someone when doing so runs the risk of harming my rank in the reporting sytem?

tl;dr2: It all just feels like placation.

tl;dr3: Hire more game masters....

tl:dr4: If I wanted to grief, having read about the reporting system, I would feel that I could get away with a lot....

SpiritAW #-8 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 15:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBrygin, on Feb 27 2012 - 13:33, said:

When the moderators or game masters see inappropriate behavior in-game, we can act on it and post a report of the action so it can be checked.  This new reporting system is effectively allowing everyone to help keep the game fun to play and free of spam, griefing, etc.

In reading this memo, I found it particular interesting how the people doing the reporting are ranked, "A player, filing a complaint and whose complaints are confirmed as   valid, increases her/his ranking; false complaints, correspondingly   decrease the ranking. Players with low rankings can be altogether   disconnected from the complaint system; the standard venue of e-mails   and web will still be available."

I must say I play to many games http://forum.worldof...aying.gif.  But have a love for a good and fair game.  When I see someone who has not moved at as the battle nears end I report them and when ever I see unfair play I report that also.  I do not brag about it in game or tell that I have done it.  I am very pleased that you said "A player, filing a complaint that is confirmed can have a higher rank.  I hope to be a good steward for this game.

SpiritAW
Iron-Raiders

fatkiddown #-7 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 15:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I'm going to describe the 4 choices, and how the great-unwashed will most likely see them, realizing, they will most likely never read the blurb in the OP to gain a better understanding:

(Note: I will never personally report anyone for what they say; I'm being devil's advocate here)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Insult or provocation
A complaint referring to chat logs: bypassing swear-filters, personal insults, etc. Multiple complaints will lead to examination of player’s chat longs.

This one is clear and easy.  Curse at me or make a lewd joke about my mom, I will pick this.

Unfair play
A complaint referring to intentional blockings of team vehicles. Passing onto enemy information about team location and damage conditions is considered to be a violation.  

Hrm, well, I told that medium to go hill and he didn't.  Reporting!

Team damage
Intentional infliction of damage is tracked automatically. A report would be considered as credible if it points at an obvious team-killer or team-damager in terms of the automated system (if there is no way to check a specific battle).

Yup.  You shoot a teammate, I'm going to use this!

Bot
A player must be checked in terms of her/his presence in a bot-master search system. With a significant number of complaints against a player it makes sense to check her/his battle performance (average experience, number of tanks destroyed, damaged, etc.).

Hrm.  Well, that guy said he was lagging, but I doubt it.  Bing!

What players look for instead when wanting to report:

Insult or provocation
A complaint referring to chat logs: bypassing swear-filters, personal insults, etc. Multiple complaints will lead to examination of player’s chat longs.

AFK:
A player never left spawn point since map started, and remained immobile, not even turning the turret, for the first 5 minutes of the game
[the duration is subjective; I just picked 5 minutes]

Griefing:
A player has intentionally blocked or shot you, etc., whether doing damage or not.  Their actions directly impacted your game play.  Or, they told the other team your location via chat.

Unfair play
A complaint referring to intentional blockings of team vehicles. Passing onto enemy information about team location and damage conditions is considered to be a violation.  
[Scratching this one since it is too obscure]

Team damage
Intentional infliction of damage is tracked automatically. A report would be considered as credible if it points at an obvious team-killer or team-damager in terms of the automated system (if there is no way to check a specific battle).

Bot (Please be aware player may be lagging)
A player must be checked in terms of her/his presence in a bot-master search system. With a significant number of complaints against a player it makes sense to check her/his battle performance (average experience, number of tanks destroyed, damaged, etc.).
[This one needs the parenthetical I added]

Jason1138 #-6 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 16:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
if they lag for 10 minutes its the same as if they're botting as far as i'm concerned. obviously no one should be reported if they don't move out in the first minute or so

and we need some kind of option to report people who make joke platoons, like an IS4 with 2 tier 1 tanks. I see that a fair bit and it drives me crazy. i've been putting it under "unfair play" but i assume the more specific the better for the people confirming these reports

Volksjager92 #-5 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 16:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Content removed.
Slandering users (naming/shaming)
is not permitted in the forums.
Warning issued.
~jewel_thief

togo281 #-4 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 16:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
They don't explain how to use the system in the garage or how to use it once your dead in a battle (it doesn't)!

Until they post a list of players warned or banned, I'm still not convinced the Cry-Baby complaint system does anything.

Might as well just add a Mommy Make Stop Button too!

Political_Malcontent #-3 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 17:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostIronmonger69, on Feb 27 2012 - 13:39, said:

Given that one leech or another comes here about once every week or so to rant about being banned, There's proof they are getting banned.  Whether the ingame reporting helped nab them or just the auto system got them, don't know.

I still say bring back the forum posting of bans like they used to.  It might give some attention hounds what they want, but it would reassure the community something is being done.  (And they still aren't harsh enough on TKers)

+1 for the thread of shame.

View PostSnipe4Food, on Feb 27 2012 - 13:46, said:

We honestly need a way to report players for being afk.  In my opinion that is worse than someone who gives away the location of teammates. It can completely ruin a game, especially if the afk person is a high tier tank.

We should have an AFK complaint option.

View PostJoe_B, on Feb 27 2012 - 14:16, said:

What is it with you guys that want to hang those having what is often completely out of their control?

I have seen people in chat berate someone for being AFK who obviously never loaded (name dark grey).  Do you think they are happy about their circumstance?

Other times someone just loads in slowly.  There are people in the first 30 seconds of battle ripping someone a new one.  They might have a piss poor connection or junk computer... do you think they are happy about their situation.

Then there are the people like me that has their game crash/internet blip disconnect on them from time to time.  It is rare but happens.  There is nothing I can't stand more than someone calling me every name under the sun simply because my game crashed on me.

Are there people that are gaming the system, sure.  But it is not as many as you "hang the AFKers" make it out to be.
I have played A LOT of battles.  I see few if any consistent AFKers.

Just make it so that the AFK complaint option doesn't appear if the player hasn't loaded in or lost connection.

Hawk570 #-2 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 17:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostEkstra, on Feb 27 2012 - 14:51, said:

I have two suggestions for promoting the Complaint System and increasing its influence in the game:

1)  Once a month publish the results from the complaint system.  For example, 56 players banned, 206 players 1 week suspension etc.

2)  Make a player's general complaint status one of the statistics available on the statistics page.  Anyone who plays a lot will get a few complaints, but there is no reason to allow a player to hide the fact that he collects complaints every day he plays.  This may make for better behaviour as well, as people who generate hundreds of complaints may not be welcome in certain types of clans.

What he said....EXACTLY.

Death187 #-1 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 17:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postfatkiddown, on Feb 27 2012 - 15:50, said:

What players look for instead when wanting to report:

Insult or provocation

AFK:
A player never left spawn point since map started, and remained immobile, not even turning the turret, for the first 5 minutes of the game
[the duration is subjective; I just picked 5 minutes]

Griefing:
A player has intentionally blocked or shot you, etc., whether doing damage or not.  Their actions directly impacted your game play.  Or, they told the other team your location via chat.

Unfair play
[Scratching this one since it is too obscure]

Team damage

Bot (Please be aware player may be lagging)
[This one needs the parenthetical I added]

QFT +1. This would be a much better setup. The current system is a bit vague. People in game who want to report afkers have no idea how to for the most part. I also like the idea of having a griefing option.

Kzerza #0 Posted Feb 27 2012 - 18:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Content removed by poster.